EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Class Discussion > Mage's Arcanum > Wizard
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 01-26-2005, 07:48 PM   #31
Yodaya

Loremaster

I would say Frozel Whorl. This spell will be very useful even after level 20, and also it is similarly useful in solo mode and group mode.
It has the best damage/power output.
Yodaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2005, 03:23 AM   #32
brow27

Loremaster

I've been considering this question myself for quite a while now. I upgraded Blaze to Adept III early on, and it was definitely nice having the extra damage, though I'm not positive if it was worth the money I spent on it. I got extremely lucky and was in a group that dropped a Master I of Frozen Manacles. This comes in VERY handy, as I don't have a lot of time to play, and end up soloing a lot. I'm a level 20 Wizard and can take out level 23 mobs with Freezing Whorl and Frozen Manacles alone. I bought some rare T2 ink a while ago, and after reading this, I'm thinking that I may upgrade Freezing Whorl, as I do tend to use it all, and if I'm soloing mobs will die that much quicker with the extra DoT damage. I'm minorly conflicted though, as I've also been thinking about upgrading Painful Meditation. BTW, I chose the nuke at level 20, and use it instead of Ice Spike now. What would be better for someone who mostly solos, FW or PM?
brow27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2005, 05:08 AM   #33
Eq4Li

brow27 wrote:I've been considering this question myself for quite a while now. I upgraded Blaze to Adept III early on, and it was definitely nice having the extra damage, though I'm not positive if it was worth the money I spent on it. I got extremely lucky and was in a group that dropped a Master I of Frozen Manacles. This comes in VERY handy, as I don't have a lot of time to play, and end up soloing a lot. I'm a level 20 Wizard and can take out level 23 mobs with Freezing Whorl and Frozen Manacles alone. I bought some rare T2 ink a while ago, and after reading this, I'm thinking that I may upgrade Freezing Whorl, as I do tend to use it all, and if I'm soloing mobs will die that much quicker with the extra DoT damage. I'm minorly conflicted though, as I've also been thinking about upgrading Painful Meditation. BTW, I chose the nuke at level 20, and use it instead of Ice Spike now. What would be better for someone who mostly solos, FW or PM?
For soloing, definitely FW... However, lots of eq2's content is group oriented so i would recommend PM for future groups. However, if soloing is the only factor, FW definitely.
Eq4Li is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2005, 08:24 AM   #34
Eq4Li

ok just finished up some testing with Discretionary flow app3 (it's blue to me, so these are final numbers as well):DF app3: Health Taken: 310Power Given: 128Power to Health ratio: .413Painful Med adept 3: Health Taken: 168Power Given: 114Power to Health Ratio: .679NAC adept 2 training spell: Health Taken: 220Power Given: 117Power to Health Ratio: .532btw the higher the ratio the better.however since PM or NAC stacks with DF, it really doesn't matter as far this thread goes. SMILEY.
Eq4Li is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2005, 06:33 PM   #35
Thot

Eq4Life wrote:ok just finished up some testing with Discretionary flow app3 (it's blue to me, so these are final numbers as well):DF app3: Health Taken: 310Power Given: 128Power to Health ratio: .413Painful Med adept 3: Health Taken: 168Power Given: 114Power to Health Ratio: .679NAC adept 2 training spell: Health Taken: 220Power Given: 117Power to Health Ratio: .532btw the higher the ratio the better.however since PM or NAC stacks with DF, it really doesn't matter as far this thread goes. SMILEY.
Well this is crap. And to think I was excited about making it to the 30s for some "upgrades". Back to playing my Warden I guess.Mordvik
Thot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2005, 07:10 PM   #36
Pacor

I will add my voice to the recommendations for Frozen Whorl. That spell is extremely good both solo and in groups (I do a lot of both) and lasts a long time (still using it at 32 along with Adept3 Icy Coil). Blaze is long gone from my lineup. I never needed Summon Shadows past app3, even though I used it a lot until Distorted Visions came. For a second tier2 Adept3 I agree PM or Blaze are a hard choice, but FW really is THAT good.
Pacor is offline   Reply With Quote