EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Chains of Eternity Beta > Classes (CoE Beta) > Priest
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 10-23-2012, 05:18 AM   #1
slippery

Loremaster

As a general feedback, the every 6 points in Prestige unlocks 1 point in Prestige Expertise text on all the stuff in all the trees is redundant and doesn't need to be there. 

I like the right side. I'm going under the assumption that additional points in the ability increases the proc chance (it doesn't say in the description). Combined with group wide Instinct in finally gives Wardens some utility that is much needed.

For Constant Winds how exactly does this increment and what is the duration? Is it a self buff for the person that proc's it or something shared by the group? Seems like this type of stuff should be listed. 

Winds of Growth is interesting. It will be interesting to see how it functions and the realistic actual use. It seems like a lot of the time it is just going to be entirely wasted, but semi good if a healer goes down. 

The left side is bad. I mean really bad. 

I'm assuming that the initial cast counts as a tick for purpose of increasing the heal. So basically it is Photosynthesis except it heals for twice as much half as often at base (and only the single target, as Photosynthesis also heals 2 nearest allies if you went down this line), or you can reduce it's duration to heal faster so you can recast it without wasting it. It's potentially a really helpful heal as long as the tank isn't getting one shot and is taking damage to heal, but beyond the initial ability and lowering the duration the line suffers. 

Damage reduction caps, so certain tanks aren't going to see the gains from Constant Currents that others are, especially in the long run. Doubles as extra useless if you are casting it as a heal on someone not tanking, like a Nerco that is lifeburning, because they aren't taking damage, they just need to be healed. I'd rather see some sort of ward from this, amount based on if you let the regen expire naturally or overwrite it. Something likely to be used.

Icewater Armor is a joke unless the damage proc is huge, which I really doubt. People aren't going to take this.

Infuriating thorns isn't cast for the damage proc, the damage proc that does next to no damage. The triggers don't relate to the stoneskin. This does nothing appealing or beneficial, and there is 0 reason to take it. A better idea would be to lower the base recast of Infuriating Thorns or Cyclone

Old 10-24-2012, 10:47 AM   #2
Shotneedle

Loremaster

Leveled a warden.

Windblade is about the same dps as Instinct is, which is great. Constant winds is 2.1% crit bonus proc per target, each person gets their own increment stack. After an epic dummy, bl had 8 stacks, warden had 5, and bl pet had 1, so it's not a shared 10 either.

Group Primal Instinct feels really broken, it's barely proccing at all on dummies. But I'll have to run a heroic zone with a warden to test further.

Buffrat - 92 Troubador - AB

Arbitrat - 92 Berserker - AB

Guarddog - 92 Warden - AB
Shotneedle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 11:33 PM   #3
Edel
Server: Storms
Guild: Les Compagnons

Loremaster

tested in heroic zones instinct seem proc for all the group members mercs and pet included.

About Windblade : the radius is a bit short ( 10 meters ), the warden will need to stay in melee range to maximize the triggers on group members. Changing the radius to 15m or 20m would be useful for harder raiding encounters.

Edel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 02:34 AM   #4
slippery

Loremaster

Group buffs in general should be 30m
Old 10-26-2012, 08:28 AM   #5
Nebbeny

Tester

Havn't tested the wardens prestige (I don't play him often anymore) but thought I should point out that infuriating thorns doesn't have 3 triggers of stoneskins, it simply stoneskins damage and drops when the 3 triggers of DS are used up (or 12 seconds). Important difference, so the 2 extra DS triggers IS 2 extra stoneskins. Still, lowering base recast on cyclone would be pretty awesome.
Nebbeny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 11:01 AM   #6
Geothe

Loremaster

General impressions of the Tree:Right side seems very nice, decent group DPS utility.

One thing:  the Crit bonus "triggers" that accumulate up to 10 times 0.7 CB... so 7 CB buff.  Seems a bit low, maybe make it 1.5 CB per trigger for 15 total.

Left side:Another HOT, seriously!?  Especially one where 95% of the times the tics will do absolutely nothing as the target will already be at full health?

If you wanted to make the additional HOT actually useful, changing one of the lower points on the tree (maybe the damage shield one) to an ability that converts a percentage of the unused "heal" from the HOT into an accumulating ward on the target... then it would be pretty darn cool.

Something like 1 point: 15% of the unused tic converts to a ward, 30% for 2, 45% for 3 points spent (or maybe 10/20/30%).  And then the overheals from the HOT slowly accumulate in a ward until the next time the target takes damage.  Just a suggestion as to how to make an additional HOT (of which wardens already have a ton) actually unique and useful.

Smed: 5) This [LoN] is not some slippery slope towards selling items directly in EQ & EQ II.

Lie #3: Station Cash. Enough Said.

Geothe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 10:06 PM   #7
Edel
Server: Storms
Guild: Les Compagnons

Loremaster

with 3points the crit bonus part of windblade we gain 2.1cb per triggers with 10 it give 21cb.

Edel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 01:37 AM   #8
Caileigh
Server: Oasis
Guild: Tyranny

Loremaster

Its another hot. That probably won't change. Changing it to a ward or the crappy damage shield portion to a ward would be pretty spiffy though. 

Caileigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 02:35 AM   #9
StaticLex

Loremaster

Winds of Growth looks like it might be too random to be good.

Clearwater Current looks interesting but the 3 second tick rate looks bad.  I think I'd rather have it tick more frequently for smaller amounts.  Raging Current would make it tick every 2.5 seconds but that still seems a little weak.

Clearwater Growth is nice but I'd really like to see the base cast time cut in half (yes, a 1 second cast time feels slow to me) and maybe shave something off the base reuse too.

When you've played this game for ten years and gone to bat seven-thousand times and gotten two-thousand hits do you know what that really means? It means you've gone zero for five-thousand. --- Reggie Jackson
StaticLex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 07:29 AM   #10
Caileigh

Loremaster

StaticLex wrote:

Winds of Growth looks like it might be too random to be good.

Clearwater Current looks interesting but the 3 second tick rate looks bad.  I think I'd rather have it tick more frequently for smaller amounts.  Raging Current would make it tick every 2.5 seconds but that still seems a little weak.

Clearwater Growth is nice but I'd really like to see the base cast time cut in half (yes, a 1 second cast time feels slow to me) and maybe shave something off the base reuse too.

Personally I have never had an issue with the cast time of Thorns ever, but maybe thats me, and I am good at timing stuff. The reuse is 2 and a half minutes, which tbh isn't bad, though I honestly wouldn't mind at all. However cutting the reuse on cyclone would be even better.

Winds of growth, I agree, I really don't like the mechanic of this. Its like great I turned myself into my tree and heal less people.

Clearwater Current has great potential. Minus that damage shield that should be a ward.

Old 10-31-2012, 10:52 AM   #11
Geothe

Loremaster

looks like they changed the damage reduction to a ward.the damage shield is still there.  bleh.

Smed: 5) This [LoN] is not some slippery slope towards selling items directly in EQ & EQ II.

Old 10-31-2012, 06:48 PM   #12
Caileigh

Loremaster

Well that sucks the damage reduction is the entire reason I liked the spell >.>

Old 10-31-2012, 09:17 PM   #13
StaticLex

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

Personally I have never had an issue with the cast time of Thorns ever, but maybe thats me, and I am good at timing stuff. The reuse is 2 and a half minutes, which tbh isn't bad, though I honestly wouldn't mind at all. However cutting the reuse on cyclone would be even better. 

I don't have a problem timing things at all.  I consider the ability more of an emergency save and since other saves are near instant cast-- 1 second feels way too long.  I don't have a problem with Cyclone being 5 minutes but I wouldn't mind it being made castable anywhere in the raid.

When you've played this game for ten years and gone to bat seven-thousand times and gotten two-thousand hits do you know what that really means? It means you've gone zero for five-thousand. --- Reggie Jackson
StaticLex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 09:48 PM   #14
Caileigh

Loremaster

Cyclone being raid wide would be kinda nice.

Old 11-01-2012, 01:14 PM   #15
Geothe

Loremaster

Anyone able to spend the points to see what kind of ward we get off of this ability?  I haven't had the free time to level up on Beta as of yet.

Also, Xelgad, it would be nice if we could get the damage reduction portion back and lose the damage shield for the ward instead.

Old 11-02-2012, 03:18 AM   #16
Caileigh

Loremaster

Was hitting, for an amazing 20k for me /sarcasm. And yes I want my damage reduction back.

Old 11-08-2012, 01:53 AM   #17
Barx
Server: Antonia Bayle
Guild: Mayhem

Loremaster

I've been waiting for the priest balance pass to finally go through (certainly took longer =/) for final judgment, but as it is now it's another case where the DPS line is the clear winner and the heal line an outright joke, sadly.

Of all the things Wardens need, yet another HoT is about as far away as you can get. A mediocre ward (or even a mediocre bit of physical DR) and a laughable damage shield add little to make it worthwhile on it's own, and in comparison to a groupwide DPS/CB buff there's really no comparison.

Infuriating Thorns can be an extremely useful ability for difficult content when used properly... but much of it comes down to timing where an extra 2 ticks may give a little bit larger margin of error but in the end you either know when to time them or you don't, adding the 2 ticks won't change that, making the capstone of the heal line almost as weak as what it takes to get there. The existing heal line is pretty bad already so the new one being this bad just makes it an easy choice to stay DPS line, rather than having to waste points in the upper half to get to something actually good. Every gray cloud has a silver lining, I suppose SMILEY

DPS line seems good, although I haven't had the chance to test it in actual situations to see how it stacks up / how balanced. The endline appears to be a bit of a disappointment here as well though... the plurality (and in some cases often even the majority) of our DPS comes from autoattack (and procs from it), not our spells/CAs (and Assissting Winds affects only certain ones at that). This could be a case where it's better than it seems in practice, but purely from the statistics of our damage ability it seems underwhelming for being the "endline" prestige ability.

Range on Windblade needs to be 30m. It's a groupwide permanent buff, there's no reason for it to be that short and I really can't see why it was set at 10m to start. Restoring Breeze seems like the weak link in the DPS line... a small heal proc on it is unlikely to do very much, I'd rather see it be a ward proc (or even a reactive proc).

For the two generic (non-line) choices, Groupwide Instinct is a no brainer and something we've (rightfully) been waiting on for a very long time, glad to see it. Winds of Growth on the other hand seems like another choice to easily write off as being junk... but I can actually see some uses for it since it has a long (50m) proc range. It's not as good as I'd like it to be since it's only a HoT but I can see putting 1 point in it for situational use for that long range. Most of the time it'll be pretty useless, but there are definitely some existing fights where being able to get a heal on someone that far away when they're low HP would be worth losing a point in Restoring Breeze.

I'm looking forward to seeing what other changes are coming tomorrow(ish), and I hope they address some of the existing issues mentioned in this thread. I'm glad to see Wardens finally getting some long overdue utility/buffage.

Barx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 06:35 PM   #18
Deadbones

Loremaster

Ok there are many areas of the right Warden Presige tree that are bugged.

Right Side

1: Windblade loses it's damage proc with Teir 2 or 3 of Restoring Breeze, Constant Winds, or having both active at the same time.

2: Tier one of Restoring Breeze and Constant Winds does not work and it's probably for this reason Windblade continues to work. Neither the heal or the CB proc will proc but Windblade damage does.

3: Tier 1 of the above two skills does not reset the Windblade skill.

4: Having Teir 2 or 3 of Restoring Breeze and Constant Winds active at the same time breaks Constant Winds as well as the damage proc mentioned above. The Restoring Breeze skill continues to work. This was true regardless of which you put points into first.

Deadbones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 06:36 PM   #19
Deadbones

Loremaster

Middle

1: Winds of Growth isn't showing duration, the HoT lasts for 6s.

2: Pack's Instinct doesn't change the ability icon purple to indicate it's grp wide(but it does show in the info that it is.

Left

Clearwater Current doesn't show the duration, the base duration is 24s.

Old 11-08-2012, 07:10 PM   #20
Caileigh

Loremaster

Winds of Growth is actually pretty nice I stuck points there instead of the heal proc on the group buff tbh, and its actually pretty handy.

Old 11-08-2012, 07:57 PM   #21
Deadbones

Loremaster

You'd might get more use out of restoring breeze if you're close enough to your group for the 10m range(REALLY?!?) to affect them. tier 3 restoring breeze procs all the time for about 20k for me

but I do like the idea of being able to cast winds of growth anytime I see someones health go low, could probably prevent a death or two.

as it stands I'd probably pick winds of growth too