EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > Zones and Population
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 05-16-2010, 06:15 AM   #1
Frezzyisfuzzy

Loremaster

Recently started one-grouping the x2 Vigilant zone, and this named has been wiping us a lot.  There's one thing in particular messing with us, and I'm wondering if anyone knows how to avoid it.  

We start the fight by burning Krronr to remove the reactive curse buff from the named.  After that, we burn the adds in no particular order.  Then we start killing the named.

When he gets to 50%, he does an emote.  About 30-45 seconds later, he drops the first pylon.  We run to opposite side to avoid the explosion damage.

Around the time that he drops the second pylon, he puts a curse on two random people in the group.  Its duration is about 10 seconds, and when it goes off, we all die.  The only exception is that like half the time the two people who got the curse will survive.

At first, I figured it was similar to the reactive curse, a reviled sort of thing where you run away to avoid harming the other people when you blow up.  But this is not the case.  We've had both curse people in separate locations at least 50m away from the other group members and it still happens.

So far, we've been surviving with aoe immunities (doesn't always work), death interventions (rarely works), and lots of rezzes.  It usually happens around 10% and then we just scramble to burn it down to 2% for Verdict.

If anyone knows how to avoid the damage from those curses, or knows with certainty that it is unavoidable, I'd really appreciate the insight.  I've had one person tell me that it's just a fail condition for not burning fast enough, and another person said there's a specific order to burn the adds to avoid it.  We tried various orders, but we had no success with that.

Once again, any insight is appreciated.

Frezzyisfuzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 02:43 PM   #2
Karelyn

Loremaster

I think you're just supposed to cure that end curse (casulaties of war) before it expires, and get away from the pylon. That has worked fine whenever I've done it.

The only time we've had problems has been when only one person gets the curse , and in that case we tend to end with anyone not protected by an ae blocker being killed. I suspect in that case the second curse may be going on a pet and so not showing up in a convenient manner for curing , but its hard to say for sure.

Karelyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 12:19 PM   #3
EQPrime

Loremaster

Cure the 2 curses he casts when the first pylon pops.  It's not the same curse people get when the adds are up.

If there's only 1 curse at that point (which has happened to us once) then the 2nd one is probably on a pet or something.  Seems to be a bug.  You can pop AoE blockers if you have them, but otherwise you're probably in trouble.

Arbre - Warden/Sage
Flippyfloppies - OP SK
Amplify - Troubadour

Slege
Mistmoore
EQPrime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 03:34 PM   #4
vinere

Loremaster

If your raid is doing 80k ish dps.. then u really can ignore both.. as soon as adds are about down, tell everyoen to save up their best dps things... he spawns the first bomb at 30%.. so tell them at 40% to cast all the temp buffs, potm, cob, pom, dr ect.. and at 30% to drop the hammer.. u have liek 10-20 seconds to burn him to teh ground before it explodes.. then as soon as he dies.. run away and wait for it to explode.

vinere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 05:36 PM   #5
Frezzyisfuzzy

Loremaster

Finally got around to running the zone again, and what you guys said is definitely correct.  Just confirming in case anyone else reads this looking for info.  Run away if you get the reactive curse, cure if you get the pair of curses.

Frezzyisfuzzy is offline   Reply With Quote