EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > Zones and Population
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 04-27-2010, 11:18 AM   #1
Tanna
Server: Permafrost
Guild: Invictus

General

Any chance of getting the El'Arad fight to be more of an actual skill dependant fight and less of a CPU dependant fight. Not sure if you guys tested it on anything less than balanced settings, but if you are any less than balanced, you cannot see the black things that need to be diffused.

Also, if you're going to only give us 5 seconds to get to the next rune, could you perhaps make them visible without being zoomed all the way out, and kill his chat bubble text that usually ends up covering up one of the pillars. I know I can turn chat bubbles off, but I don't necessarily think I need to redo so many options just to kill one mob a little easier. Maybe kill some of the height of the glass platform thing that he is on.

It's a fun idea for a fight, you guys are just making us have to physically change our play settings too much to successfully do it.

Tanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 08:57 PM   #2
Feldorm

Loremaster

Why are you so reluctant to zoom out? If you can't see then why not just follow your group? I could see everything well enough on "very high performance". Granted sometimes you cannot see the far pillar on this setting, but you can see the near 2 usually.

Feldorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 10:18 PM   #3
Tanna
Server: Permafrost
Guild: Invictus

General

Feldorm wrote:

Why are you so reluctant to zoom out? If you can't see then why not just follow your group? I could see everything well enough on "very high performance". Granted sometimes you cannot see the far pillar on this setting, but you can see the near 2 usually.

Because I don't like having to alter my graphical playstyle for a certain encount. Not sure what the difference between your settings and mine are, but when i just clicked "High Performance" the black things were no longer showing, up, soon as I hit balanced, bam there they were, as well as me having 2FPS.

Tanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 10:56 PM   #4
Frezzyisfuzzy

Loremaster

You seem to be having 2 issues - bubbles and runes.  

For bubbles, I don't know what to say.  I zoom as far out as I can and play on extreme performance, and I see them fine.  Worst case scenario, make someone else do it.  It isn't a difficult job.

For runes, I can't see them either.  But all you have to do it zoom out and hover your mouse in the area where they appear.  If it turns to a hand, there's your rune.  If the cursor doesn't change, try another one.

Frezzyisfuzzy is offline   Reply With Quote