EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

 

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > Zones and Population
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-20-2010, 05:37 PM   #1
ScubaEtte

Loremaster
ScubaEtte's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: saginaw, Mi
Posts: 116
Default

just wondering if anyone has killed the last named.  seems to be bugged with the constant porting again.  and we were getting random client crashes amoung 3 of us in group while on the final named.

ScubaEtte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 05:44 PM   #2
Vual
Server: Oasis

Loremaster
Vual's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 36
Default

Yes it has been killed.
Vual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 11:08 PM   #3
Erage

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 89
Default

Yea the last name in Rescue is quite killable.

You should see the last name in the Vigilant Destruction x2 (Prime Trajin Ghis).  His bug was hilarious with the npc's in the normal script completely completely lagging out the zone by spamming a massive amount text a second, nonstop.  Also was killed, but just funny if you activate those nonaggro npcs and they spam you like crazy.  You have to do the entire script without their help because they just make the zone unplayable when they are spamming the same sentences like mad:

(1266647057)[Sat Feb 20 01:24:17 2010] aNPC 2902857 Ikm Ow'Od:Ikm Ow'Od/a says, "I am wounded!"(1266647057)[Sat Feb 20 01:24:17 2010] aNPC 2902857 Ikm Ow'Od:Ikm Ow'Od/a says, "Counters casting!"(1266647057)[Sat Feb 20 01:24:17 2010] aNPC 2902857 Ikm Ow'Od:Ikm Ow'Od/a says, "Right!"(1266647057)[Sat Feb 20 01:24:17 2010] aNPC 2902857 Ikm Ow'Od:Ikm Ow'Od/a says, "I am wounded!"(1266647057)[Sat Feb 20 01:24:17 2010] aNPC 2902857 Ikm Ow'Od:Ikm Ow'Od/a says, "I am wounded!"(1266647057)[Sat Feb 20 01:24:17 2010] aNPC 2902857 Ikm Ow'Od:Ikm Ow'Od/a says, "I am wounded!"(1266647057)[Sat Feb 20 01:24:17 2010] aNPC 2902857 Ikm Ow'Od:Ikm Ow'Od/a says, "Counters casting!"(1266647057)[Sat Feb 20 01:24:17 2010] aNPC 2902857 Ikm Ow'Od:Ikm Ow'Od/a says, "I am wounded!"(1266647057)[Sat Feb 20 01:24:17 2010] aNPC 2902857 Ikm Ow'Od:Ikm Ow'Od/a says, "Right!"(1266647057)[Sat Feb 20 01:24:17 2010] aNPC 2902857 Ikm Ow'Od:Ikm Ow'Od/a says, "Counters casting!"(1266647057)[Sat Feb 20 01:24:17 2010] aNPC 2902857 Ikm Ow'Od:Ikm Ow'Od/a says, "Counters casting!"(1266647057)[Sat Feb 20 01:24:17 2010] aNPC 2902857 Ikm Ow'Od:Ikm Ow'Od/a says, "I am wounded!"(1266647057)[Sat Feb 20 01:24:17 2010] aNPC 2902857 Ikm Ow'Od:Ikm Ow'Od/a says, "Counters casting!"(1266647057)[Sat Feb 20 01:24:17 2010] aNPC 2902857 Ikm Ow'Od:Ikm Ow'Od/a says, "Right!"(1266647057)[Sat Feb 20 01:24:17 2010] aNPC 2902857 Ikm Ow'Od:Ikm Ow'Od/a says, "I am wounded!"(1266647057)[Sat Feb 20 01:24:17 2010] aNPC 2902857 Ikm Ow'Od:Ikm Ow'Od/a says, "I am wounded!"(1266647057)[Sat Feb 20 01:24:17 2010] aNPC 2902857 Ikm Ow'Od:Ikm Ow'Od/a says, "I am wounded!"(1266647057)[Sat Feb 20 01:24:17 2010] aNPC 2902857 Ikm Ow'Od:Ikm Ow'Od/a says, "I am wounded!"

Erage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 04:26 AM   #4
Carthington

Loremaster
Carthington's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 88
Default

seems to be a lot of one shotting when a person gets ported....

__________________
Carthington Severing
Carthington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 08:35 PM   #5
Edaine

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 5
Default

Just kill mage adds and burn. Simple deduction.

Edaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 03:48 PM   #6
Destriel

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 63
Default

def killed this guy, but have no idea why the strat we used worked.  there were no clues in the encounter that we could find that were relevant, we just pulled until we got it sorted.

tbh i do not think this mob is working as intended.

Destriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 05:44 PM   #7
Banditman

Loremaster
Banditman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 7,459
Default

Destriel wrote:

def killed this guy, but have no idea why the strat we used worked.  there were no clues in the encounter that we could find that were relevant, we just pulled until we got it sorted.

tbh i do not think this mob is working as intended.

This to me is the biggest problem with the encounter.

__________________
Banditman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 06:15 PM   #8
Crychtonn

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 684
Default

Erage wrote:

Yea the last name in Rescue is quite killable.

You should see the last name in the Vigilant Destruction x2 (Prime Trajin Ghis).  His bug was hilarious with the npc's in the normal script completely completely lagging out the zone by spamming a massive amount text a second, nonstop.  Also was killed, but just funny if you activate those nonaggro npcs and they spam you like crazy.  You have to do the entire script without their help because they just make the zone unplayable when they are spamming the same sentences like mad:

(1266647057)[Sat Feb 20 01:24:17 2010] aNPC 2902857 Ikm Ow'Od:Ikm Ow'Od/a says, "I am wounded!"(1266647057)[Sat Feb 20 01:24:17 2010] aNPC 2902857 Ikm Ow'Od:Ikm Ow'Od/a says, "Counters casting!"(1266647057)[Sat Feb 20 01:24:17 2010] aNPC 2902857 Ikm Ow'Od:Ikm Ow'Od/a says, "Right!"(1266647057)[Sat Feb 20 01:24:17 2010] aNPC 2902857 Ikm Ow'Od:Ikm Ow'Od/a says, "I am wounded!"(1266647057)[Sat Feb 20 01:24:17 2010] aNPC 2902857 Ikm Ow'Od:Ikm Ow'Od/a says, "I am wounded!"(1266647057)[Sat Feb 20 01:24:17 2010] aNPC 2902857 Ikm Ow'Od:Ikm Ow'Od/a says, "I am wounded!"(1266647057)[Sat Feb 20 01:24:17 2010] aNPC 2902857 Ikm Ow'Od:Ikm Ow'Od/a says, "Counters casting!"(1266647057)[Sat Feb 20 01:24:17 2010] aNPC 2902857 Ikm Ow'Od:Ikm Ow'Od/a says, "I am wounded!"(1266647057)[Sat Feb 20 01:24:17 2010] aNPC 2902857 Ikm Ow'Od:Ikm Ow'Od/a says, "Right!"(1266647057)[Sat Feb 20 01:24:17 2010] aNPC 2902857 Ikm Ow'Od:Ikm Ow'Od/a says, "Counters casting!"(1266647057)[Sat Feb 20 01:24:17 2010] aNPC 2902857 Ikm Ow'Od:Ikm Ow'Od/a says, "Counters casting!"(1266647057)[Sat Feb 20 01:24:17 2010] aNPC 2902857 Ikm Ow'Od:Ikm Ow'Od/a says, "I am wounded!"(1266647057)[Sat Feb 20 01:24:17 2010] aNPC 2902857 Ikm Ow'Od:Ikm Ow'Od/a says, "Counters casting!"(1266647057)[Sat Feb 20 01:24:17 2010] aNPC 2902857 Ikm Ow'Od:Ikm Ow'Od/a says, "Right!"(1266647057)[Sat Feb 20 01:24:17 2010] aNPC 2902857 Ikm Ow'Od:Ikm Ow'Od/a says, "I am wounded!"(1266647057)[Sat Feb 20 01:24:17 2010] aNPC 2902857 Ikm Ow'Od:Ikm Ow'Od/a says, "I am wounded!"(1266647057)[Sat Feb 20 01:24:17 2010] aNPC 2902857 Ikm Ow'Od:Ikm Ow'Od/a says, "I am wounded!"(1266647057)[Sat Feb 20 01:24:17 2010] aNPC 2902857 Ikm Ow'Od:Ikm Ow'Od/a says, "I am wounded!"

(1266647057)[Sat Feb 20 01:24:17 2010] aNPC 2902857 Darathar:Darathar/a says, "MY WINGS !!!!"

reminds me of someone somewhere long ago

Crychtonn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 07:08 PM   #9
Sithal

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 43
Default

Argh...my wings!

Sithal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 03:43 AM   #10
AngusMcLachlan

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 68
Default

it's 2 am and we just got finished raiding and i was playing all day so i'm fried.....

is there some trick to this zone? does dps have to be a certian level?  we're getting owend in the first room.  keeps saying we've been spotted.

no quests and i can't seem to figure out any one to talk to to get hints.

pm me a strat or something?

AngusMcLachlan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 10:59 AM   #11
Banditman

Loremaster
Banditman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 7,459
Default

If the first room is making you cry, you should probably bring a different group.  You'll be a blubbering puddle of goo by the end of the zone.

Honestly, every encounter in the zone up until the last one is fairly strait forward.  I didn't say easy, just strait forward.  The last one just doesn't have any "keys" or "hints" to how or why it behaves the way it does, no way to "follow" it.

__________________
Banditman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 11:47 AM   #12
Lorzus

Loremaster
Lorzus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 245
Default

Yeah the last named in this zone was a pain to figure out. We pulled him all around the room, tried watching emotes and everything else. When we finally figured it out, we saw there wasn't much in the way of hints on how do the fight.

Lorzus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 02:59 PM   #13
Yimway

Loremaster
Yimway's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 9,707
Default

[email protected] Bayle wrote:

Yeah the last named in this zone was a pain to figure out. We pulled him all around the room, tried watching emotes and everything else. When we finally figured it out, we saw there wasn't much in the way of hints on how do the fight.

We spent 45 mins on him lastnight and gave up.  We chalked it up to being late and tired, but we also could not find the trigger/hints on the fight.

I mean, its mildly funny and all.  The guy warp hacks, wall hacks,  and headshots.  Its a total FPS hacker refference. 

We looked for the 'vote him off server' clicky, but didn't find it SMILEY

__________________
Yimway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 03:38 PM   #14
Kander

Game Dev
Kander's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 660
Default

Marus Xand literally has a couple tricks, its a straight forward fight. Faster you kill him the less you'll get ported. Kill his adds... He is supposed to hard and chaotic and yes he gives clues on the all of two things you need to pay attention to. Brute force and chaotic confusion.

As to the first room, all Tallonite archers spawn at once, they are cloaked. IF you do not damage them, they remain cloaked and rooted and will not attack you until x amount of time to where the script tells them too. They all spawn, 2 will start attacking you, then two more, then 1 more, then 1 more, etc.

__________________
<img src="http://img41.imageshack.us/img41/7049/kandersignatureskyshrin.jpg">
Kander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 03:39 PM   #15
Gaige

Loremaster
Gaige's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Arizona
Posts: 9,500
Default

You burn him to 80, when he ports you stay close to him, when he goes to the end of the ship you rush him, when the adds come you kill the MAGE adds ONLY to get rid of the stoneskin and then you burn him down.  The port is just a port, when you get it run back to where he is.

If your dps is low you'll get multiple adds but just keep killing the MAGE ones so they don't stoneskin him and you'll eventually win.

If you think that encounter is hard I wouldn't do the x2 if I were you.

Also Kander you did a great job with all the airship zones, especially the x2.  Keep it up.

__________________
Gaige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 03:50 PM   #16
Yimway

Loremaster
Yimway's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 9,707
Default

Kander wrote:

As to the first room, all Tallonite archers spawn at once, they are cloaked. IF you do not damage them, they remain cloaked and rooted and will not attack you until x amount of time to where the script tells them too. They all spawn, 2 will start attacking you, then two more, then 1 more, then 1 more, etc.

And when the 6th member of your group takes a full minute or longer to zone in...

Would have been nicer if the trigger for the event was just a hair further from 'zoning in'.

__________________
Yimway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 03:52 PM   #17
Yimway

Loremaster
Yimway's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 9,707
Default

Gaige wrote:

You burn him to 80, when he ports you stay close to him, when he goes to the end of the ship you rush him, when the adds come you kill the MAGE adds ONLY to get rid of the stoneskin and then you burn him down.  The port is just a port, when you get it run back to where he is.

If your dps is low you'll get multiple adds but just keep killing the MAGE ones so they don't stoneskin him and you'll eventually win.

In our pulls lastnight we did not attempt to damage him before all adds where dead.  We were tired and did not make the connection to the mage causing the stoneskin.

The headshot from ranged though was entertaining SMILEY

__________________
Yimway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 04:35 PM   #18
Destriel

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 63
Default

killed him leaving multiple mage adds up.  in fact, he becomes damageable if both kinds of adds are up, seemingly dependant on their health percentages.

kander - if the "clues" in the script have any relevance to the way the encounter actually works, they're pretty terrible clues...  or the script doesnt work right.. one or the other.

Destriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 01:32 AM   #19
lollipop

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 368
Default

Tried this guy tonight the ports come one after another. The healers where getting ported non stop. I see only a few seclect people killing this as is. And yes I raid and yes I am avatar geared. Given the healer was not. Please look into the porting

lollipop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 04:21 AM   #20
browsy

Loremaster
browsy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 32
Default

As much as it pains me to agree, this airship zones are sweet!  And this mob is pretty simple AND straightforeward, with the exception of the mage adds being relevant to the stoneskin.  I mean oh look, burn burn burn, he ports... quadrouple axe THROW has killed you for 40k,  SPEAR CHUCK of bajeesis has killed you 40k, gee bob maybe we shoudl get too close for ranged attack, my god bill you are onto something... win.

browsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 12:37 PM   #21
Yimway

Loremaster
Yimway's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 9,707
Default

browsy wrote:

As much as it pains me to agree, this airship zones are sweet!  And this mob is pretty simple AND straightforeward, with the exception of the mage adds being relevant to the stoneskin.  I mean oh look, burn burn burn, he ports... quadrouple axe THROW has killed you for 40k,  SPEAR CHUCK of bajeesis has killed you 40k, gee bob maybe we shoudl get too close for ranged attack, my god bill you are onto something... win.

The porting seems directly related to dps though, if you do too little you get ported more. 

I have only two irritations about this fight.

1) trauma can not be selfed cured, it can be put on you when ported, and its usually fatal when it happens.

2) the curse target lock again can't be self cured by healer, making anyone getting above trauma while running back from a port impossible.

In the end, it felt like a 'luck' factor doing the zone with a single healer.

As with 99% of this game, the encounter gets incredibly trivial the more dps you pile on it.

I do think the zone will be avoided by the majority of the population though, much like the guk tso zones.  Hope the itemization is worth the irritation.

__________________
Yimway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 03:12 PM   #22
Lader

Loremaster
Lader's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 591
Default

the itemization for rescue and the x2 is better than pretty much anything in the first parts of the x4 raids.

__________________
-Thanatosis: 90 defiler of Oasis
Lader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 03:22 PM   #23
jam3

General
jam3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 724
Default

Lader wrote:

the itemization for rescue and the x2 is better than pretty much anything in the first parts of the x4 raids.

loot from the inflitration zone was just slightly upgraded items, like instead of 8.2 crit bonus some had 10.2 or something

fun zone though but didnt get anything good

jam3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 03:27 PM   #24
LardLord

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 1,515
Default

I enjoyed this zone, and I really like the x2, but I agree that it's not very clear how the scripts on the end bosses are supposed to work in either zone.  In both cases it feels like we just kinda plowed through the script without really knowing what's going on (that's my experience, at least).

And yeah, good work on the itemization for the x2 especially.

LardLord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 02:15 AM   #25
Superfranki

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 6
Default

The strats posted so far are definately winning strats. Beat the zone no problem, except for one small detail. Any luck with finding the key mob? We figgured it had something to do with the cat, but we were not successful in finding it (nothing on track other than the cat and the two erudite NPCs either).

Superfranki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 04:09 AM   #26
Frezzyisfuzzy

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 28
Default

Ports are avoidable.  He does a casting animation, and you can just interrupt him (like Varsoon curse).  As for key mob, I think it's somewhere around the dog named.  We aggrod it by accident, but I think it was somewhere in that area.

Frezzyisfuzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 01:09 PM   #27
EQPrime

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 702
Default

I've done this zone 3 times and never found the key mob.  If anyone has a suggestion on how to spawn him I'd appreciate it.  We've gone through the zone with tracking, see invis, see stealth, etc and no luck.  Tried clicking on all kinds of stuff to activate him but still nothing.

Also, on 2 of our 3 runs we've had at least 1 group of eyeballs bug out and keep breaking.  They seem to aggro through the wall between the dog and meatbeast names, rush us, and then break.  This happens over and over.  It seems to be a pathing issues as part of the encounter paths the wrong way and leashes, breaking the encounter.

__________________
Uguv - Templar/Armorer/Transmuter
Pequeno - Dirge/Alchemist/Tinkerer
Reeep - Brigand
Arbre - Warden/Sage
Flippyfloppies - OP SK
Amplify - Troubadour

Slege
Mistmoore
EQPrime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 03:30 PM   #28
Urgol

Loremaster
Urgol's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 170
Default

This should be pre-nerf palace difficulty. Clearing the hardest instance zone with a bunch of random noobs from a pickup group is nonsense. The named should be the pre-nerf Varsoon of SF.
__________________
Wizard and coercer of Efora, Harla Dar (pvp) server.

Urgol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 03:50 PM   #29
Yimway

Loremaster
Yimway's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 9,707
Default

Urgol wrote:

This should be pre-nerf palace difficulty. Clearing the hardest instance zone with a bunch of random noobs from a pickup group is nonsense. The named should be the pre-nerf Varsoon of SF.

I had no idea this was intended to be the hardest instance.  If that is the case, it all needs beefing up.

Is there an official progression list for the instances somewhere that I missed?

__________________
Yimway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 04:05 PM   #30
Gaige

Loremaster
Gaige's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Arizona
Posts: 9,500
Default

Royal Palace of Erudin is the hardest heroic instance afaik.

__________________
Gaige is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 06:47 PM.

vBulletin skin by: CompleteGFX.com
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
All threads and posts originally from the EQ2 and Station forums operated by Sony Online Entertainment. Their use is by express written permission.