EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Chains of Eternity Beta > General (CoE Beta) > Itemization / Spirit Stones
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 10-28-2012, 12:27 PM   #1
shannontroester

Lord

I know you can get this new spell that takes of yellow/red adornments or whatever. or just overlap them with something new.

But imo the gear dropping needs to be a little smarter on the adornment they pre put on it. Had a tank helm drop in harrow's end x4 last night that had -8 hate gain adorned to it? just small things like that

Gnomes are the Superior Race **Dev confirmed**
shannontroester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 02:52 PM   #2
Shotneedle

Loremaster

I dunno. I don't think it's that big of a deal.

Buffrat - 92 Troubador - AB

Arbitrat - 92 Berserker - AB

Guarddog - 92 Warden - AB
Shotneedle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 11:44 AM   #3
TheGeneral

Loremaster

Was that a trash drop? 

Old 10-29-2012, 11:57 AM   #4
Gninja

The Dev Gnome

Yes, the adornments are rather random and in some cases not optimal however if you don't like the adornment that is there you can override it. If you like the adornment but don't like the item you can remove the adornment and keep it instead.

Gninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 12:07 PM   #5
Shotneedle

Loremaster

The only big problem I see with this system is when a crit bonus/potency/doublecast rune drops everyone will roll need regardless if someone in the group needs the actual item or not.

Old 10-29-2012, 08:30 PM   #6
Gninja

The Dev Gnome

So, the problem is that too many players will want the loot? SMILEY

Gninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 09:01 AM   #7
Shotneedle

Loremaster

Well, when you put it that way...

Old 10-30-2012, 01:22 PM   #8
KenCoop

Loremaster

Gninja wrote:

So, the problem is that too many players will want the loot?

Not that I would really worry about it, as I very rarely group outside of guild (unless I'm on a 3rd or 4th alt, I'll pug those), but I can see channels going crazy with people mad about loot.  When you set it up so that all group members will roll need on a mage piece simply because there is a slightly better red potency adornment (just for example), I think that is setting things up for drama when you are in a group with people you don't know.

We don't have the mechanics in place to only need on pieces we can use (in EQ2, as compared to some other games), and putting a red adorn that is a small upgrade on a piece of gear that will likely make all 6 members roll need on it strikes me as bad for players that don't raid and want to progress through heroic content.

Don't get me wrong, we raid hm and I could care less if I get any heroic gear really (really, most raider 3rd and 4th alts are in full SS+ raid gear and could care less about anything but an occasional piece of HM grp gear or a mount), and I don't mind going into a pug with the mindset that everyone will need on most pieces, I can just see a lot of people getting irritated and starting drama in channels, but I guess that is what ignore is for anyhow SMILEY.

KenCoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 04:18 PM   #9
Davngr1

Loremaster

ouch..  that's a problem.    

maybe make it so if you loot the adorn then you can buy it off the red adorn guy?    that way you can just loot it and then trade it to the right class.

Old 10-30-2012, 05:09 PM   #10
therealnakorox

Lord

KenCoop wrote:

Gninja wrote:

Not that I would really worry about it, as I very rarely group outside of guild (unless I'm on a 3rd or 4th alt, I'll pug those), but I can see channels going crazy with people mad about loot.  When you set it up so that all group members will roll need on a mage piece simply because there is a slightly better red potency adornment (just for example), I think that is setting things up for drama when you are in a group with people you don't know.

We don't have the mechanics in place to only need on pieces we can use (in EQ2, as compared to some other games), and putting a red adorn that is a small upgrade on a piece of gear that will likely make all 6 members roll need on it strikes me as bad for players that don't raid and want to progress through heroic content.

Don't get me wrong, we raid hm and I could care less if I get any heroic gear really (really, most raider 3rd and 4th alts are in full SS+ raid gear and could care less about anything but an occasional piece of HM grp gear or a mount), and I don't mind going into a pug with the mindset that everyone will need on most pieces, I can just see a lot of people getting irritated and starting drama in channels, but I guess that is what ignore is for anyhow .

This should not affect anything. In PUGs I am in we always specify the toon we are rolling for. If someone NEEDS on gear that another person really needs to wear just to strip the adorn out of it then they would be out of the group... That would be no different than rolling NEED so that you could mute an item.

That being said if SOE starts putting rare adorns that are impossible to get thru other methods then it is possible that more discussions will be needed at the forming of a PUG but ultimately I believe only the people that are abusing the current system will abuse the new system...

therealnakorox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 06:22 PM   #11
shannontroester

Lord

therealnakorox wrote:

KenCoop wrote:

Gninja wrote:

Don't get me wrong, we raid hm and I could care less if I get any heroic gear really (really, most raider 3rd and 4th alts are in full SS+ raid gear and could care less about anything but an occasional piece of HM grp gear or a mount), and I don't mind going into a pug with the mindset that everyone will need on most pieces, I can just see a lot of people getting irritated and starting drama in channels, but I guess that is what ignore is for anyhow .

This should not affect anything. In PUGs I am in we always specify the toon we are rolling for. If someone NEEDS on gear that another person really needs to wear just to strip the adorn out of it then they would be out of the group... That would be no different than rolling NEED so that you could mute an item.

That being said if SOE starts putting rare adorns that are impossible to get thru other methods then it is possible that more discussions will be needed at the forming of a PUG but ultimately I believe only the people that are abusing the current system will abuse the new system...

Uh, it's much different then rolling need on something that you are just gonna mute, cause muting would mean just you are hoping to sell/make an adornment for the endline of money most times.  Where if you get a piece with say crit bonus rune on it, you wouldn't be rolling need on it just cause you hope to make money off it

Old 10-30-2012, 06:31 PM   #12
Shotneedle

Loremaster

I would be rolling need on it to increase my crit bonus stat by 0.5% so that I may do more dps and kill things that much faster to sell things for money.

Old 10-30-2012, 07:38 PM   #13
KenCoop

Loremaster

[email protected] Bayle wrote:

I would be rolling need on it to increase my crit bonus stat by 0.5% so that I may do more dps and kill things that much faster to sell things for money.

+1

I'd go into a pug saying I'm rolling for (x alt) and CB adorns.  If a piece dropped with a red 4% CB adorn I would roll need regardless of what classes could use it, so that I could pop off that adornment and throw it on a piece of my gear.

As I said in my earlier post, I don't see this is an issue for raiders, as if we are rolling for gear in a heroic zone it's usually for our 4th alt we rarely play, so we'd be going mostly for adorns anyhow (or HM drop, mount, etc.).  You can say it when you form the group, but people still seem to get butt hurt when you roll on a piece they think should go to them (i.e. 1 Mage in the grp, Mage piece drops with 4% CB adorn on it, scouts and tank all roll need, Mage gets butt hurt).

Really in the long run it won't matter because players will adapt, but their will likely be some hurt feelings in the beginning when this is implemented on live.

KenCoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 07:52 PM   #14
shannontroester

Lord

[email protected] Bayle wrote:

we both know that is false buff, you would roll on it to increase your stat yea, but the selling for money is clearly false SMILEY

not that it matters, but just as Ken says people will be mad at the start, and throughout

Old 10-31-2012, 01:34 PM   #15
therealnakorox

Lord

Pick a side...do you like that inappropriate/unwanted red adorns can be stripped from gear gotton in grp zones or not.

If you think being able to strip small upgrade adorns from gear that others need is a good thing then stop complaining that it can be done.

If you think being able to strip small upgrade adorns from gear that others need is a bad thing then don't do it.

From reading previous posts of some of the people above I can't believe what I am reading.

Would you really take a piece of upgrade gear away from a friend or guildie so that you could get a couple of points of CB? If the answer is Yes then I am glad I am not in your guild. If the answer is No then you must agree that it is not the right thing to do. If you do something in a pickup group that you would not do with friends/guildies then you are part of the problem with pickup groups.

Of course there will be groups where people are just interested in the adorns and I would not have a problem with them rolling need on gear to get adorns if nobody else would wear the gear. Also if there were uber adorns that were more valuable than the gear they were in (for appropriate class) then I could see people rolling need for the adorn.

Bottomline is I would hope more people would not do things they know is wrong just because they can...

therealnakorox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 09:24 PM   #16
lodgepark8485

Loremaster

... what about Class specific CB adorns?

mage gear with mage only +4CB adorn on it...

would solve alot of problems

lodgepark8485 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 08:06 PM   #17
Piropiro
Server: Unrest_old
Guild: Shoukin

Loremaster

Gninja wrote:

I'm not sure i'd be proud that people would want an item for an adorn and not the actual item. I'd say its not much of a stretch to say that if itemization is in a state where people care more about the adorn(s) it comes preloaded with, and are wanting to destroy the item for those. On top of which, this very concept is gonna create issues of bidding on items to destroy for an adorn vs somebody who wants the actual item for an upgrade, that itemization will be leading to an all time low, which in itself speaks volumes.

Piropiro is offline   Reply With Quote