EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > General Gameplay Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 10-12-2012, 06:51 AM   #1981
Cagefighter

Loremaster

Oh and by the way - if you have any thoughts, questions or issues, you could always contact this woman:

Christina FlanzeCommunications Manager Games

[email protected]

If it moves stab it - if it doesn't move, sew it. Sometimes if it moves, stab it and then sew it - then sell it.
Cagefighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 01:14 PM   #1982
redwoodtreesprite

Loremaster

Milchbart wrote:

Hello all,

I am German and my English is not the best. I am sorry for that. Normally I am not posting in this forum and of course I did not read all the 132 pages, but I had yesterday a strange experience and maybe you are interested in that.

It is now more than half a year ago, that I got the information, SOE will transfer us Europeans to PRO7. In the beginning I have seen not such a big problem in this fact. Immediately after the announcement PRO7 started advertising in TV. I thought, ok it is good for the game and good for us. After some time it became quiet again. Yesterday I saw again an advertising spot on PRO7, but it was not for EQ2, it was for the direct competition, Lord of the rings online. I had a look to the German internet page of PRO7, again they are promoting lotro!

Well I cannot judge the way how SOE is doing their business, but at least I am surprised!

Regards

Milchbart

Has ProSieben aquired LOTRO as well?

redwoodtreesprite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 03:12 PM   #1983
Pipsissiwa

Loremaster

redwoodtreesprite wrote:

Apparently LOTRO is being advertised heavily in Germany on PSS1 TV Channels. 

I have searched and searched and cannot find ANY reference to PSS1 having any link with LOTRO so far, but I may have missed something. 

I am sincerely hoping that PSS1 don't ruin that game for me too, having discovered it thanks to Sony getting hacked to death and shutting everything of theirs down for a while.

Peace and Solidarity

Played Since Launch: Highkeep/Butcherblock

Ratonga 92 Assassin/92 Carpenter

Fuse Guild Leader

"Everquester"

"I won't sit down, I won't shut up, but most of all I will not grow up" - Frank Turner
Pipsissiwa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 05:28 PM   #1984
Seffrid

Loremaster

I can't find any reference to PSS1 in relation to LoTRO either Pips, and like you I hope they aren't going to be involved beyond a marketing deal, which is what it should have been with SOE.

Seffrid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 05:31 PM   #1985
katalmach

Loremaster

Pipsissiwa wrote:

redwoodtreesprite wrote:

I have searched and searched and cannot find ANY reference to PSS1 having any link with LOTRO so far, but I may have missed something.

I am sincerely hoping that PSS1 don't ruin that game for me too, having discovered it thanks to Sony getting hacked to death and shutting everything of theirs down for a while.

Peace and Solidarity

I too searched and could find no mention of a deal being made concerning ProSieben and LotRO, nor any mention of ProSieben on the LotRO forums. However, when you go to prosiebengames.de, their German language games site, they do advertise the game on their front page, with a download button (the game is called der Herr der Ringe Online in German). The download link takes you to a LoTRO sign up form, which is a referal from ProSieben to LotRO.

So yeah, not quite sure what's going on there, but you can sign up for LotRO through ProSieben's portal. (EQ2 is advertised right next to it, but the link for EQ2 leads straight to everquest2.com when clicked on).

katalmach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 07:52 PM   #1986
Sandyfoot

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

Pipsissiwa wrote:

redwoodtreesprite wrote:

Peace and Solidarity

I too searched and could find no mention of a deal being made concerning ProSieben and LotRO, nor any mention of ProSieben on the LotRO forums. However, when you go to prosiebengames.de, their German language games site, they do advertise the game on their front page, with a download button (the game is called der Herr der Ringe Online in German). The download link takes you to a LoTRO sign up form, which is a referal from ProSieben to LotRO.

So yeah, not quite sure what's going on there, but you can sign up for LotRO through ProSieben's portal. (EQ2 is advertised right next to it, but the link for EQ2 leads straight to everquest2.com when clicked on).

Warner Borthers owns Turbine.

A search for:

ProSiebenSat1.1 and Warner Brothers 

brings up articles such as:

http://en.prosiebensat1.com/en/news...rom-warner-bros

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2012-...tt-reports.html

WB is probably pushing the ads for LoTR Online.

Sandyfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 04:46 AM   #1987
Kerane

Loremaster

Cagefighter wrote:

Hey, what?

Why one account per email account? I have a bunch of accounts in the household and they are all linked to one email account, how do I deal with that?

If your ISP allows you to make multiple email accounts, you can do so and link them to the various eq2 accounts.

You will just have to keep track on which email account belongs with each eq2 account.

If your ISP doesnt allow you to make more email accounts, you will have to use a service like hotmail or g-mail, and hope those don't get hacked.

Hope that answers your question.

Old 10-14-2012, 08:17 AM   #1988
Darktreem

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

Pipsissiwa wrote:

redwoodtreesprite wrote:

Peace and Solidarity

The only discussion of ProSieben on the LOTRO forums I found were from German customers

http://my.lotro.com/home/search.htm...+Site&x=35&y=16

http://forums.lotro.com/showthread....-%E4ndern/page2

I am not sure if any have been moved to PSS1, or not from that, but does not look like much discussion over it, so could have been just peoples fears of moving to PSS1, and LOTRO was just being pushed on their channels as ads or something.

LOTRO is not under their full list of games though, but EQ2 and PS2 are.http://www.prosiebensat1games.com/en/index.13.html

Darktreem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 07:26 PM   #1989
Silquana

Loremaster

Darktreem wrote:

The only discussion of ProSieben on the LOTRO forums I found were from German customers

http://my.lotro.com/home/search.htm...+Site&x=35&y=16

http://forums.lotro.com/showthread....-%E4ndern/page2

I am not sure if any have been moved to PSS1, or not from that, but does not look like much discussion over it, so could have been just peoples fears of moving to PSS1, and LOTRO was just being pushed on their channels as ads or something.

LOTRO is not under their full list of games though, but EQ2 and PS2 are.http://www.prosiebensat1games.com/en/index.13.html

i don't think they have moved Turbine customers to pss1, since turbine doesn't support only lotr, but also ddo and a lot of lotr are playing ddo with the same account, and there hasn't been any mails regarding such a thing ....

To me that looks just like a marketing thing, since if you go to the download on pss1 page it gives you the turbine AGB which are very very different then the PoS pss1 trys to get over

Silquana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 06:29 AM   #1990
Zergosch

Loremaster

More important to euro gamer, would be the informationen about when the apocalyps hapen ^^ erm the move SMILEY

Zergosch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 08:19 AM   #1991
Flidias

Seer

Sadly I have now reached the end of my patience. Ask Profail for answers? I see the last post that someone asked for answers was Oct 2 and it has been completely ignored, Not even a token 'we're working on it'. Mostly the temp board for us has been turned into a begging session for help in other games.

This is just plain stupid, yep I said it STUPID!

There's no way in Hades I'm going to pay out for another probably over-priced expansion with all this garbage still going on.

Get some answers, then we can discuss who gets my christmas bonus.

Flidias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 03:50 AM   #1992
Trevynoae

Loremaster

Something I found while reading the german dcuo boards over there at pro7.

first i thought that might be a bad joke or just some technical difficulties - but aber desmonemo (pro7-staff) made a statement ... it is even worse!

Here in germany (no idea how it is in other european countries) it is common to pay wie ELV (sort of direct debit. you give them your account information and they tell their bank: collect the money).Now ... SOE also offers that. You decide on a subscription, give your details, click buy. Bang ... seconds later you have your sub.

Not so with Pro7! A rough estimate from the postings: It takes them about 3-4 days to process this! And Desmonemo even says: It may take up to 7 (SEVEN!) days before you can expect your account to be upgraded.This definitely is NOT an option.

See it that way: You pay today - next week you are gold. then ... after a month you are silver because it expired. Now you have to pay again (automatically or not ... doesn't matter) and have to wait up to a week being down to silver.

Yay ... once a month you loose access to your gear, characters, items, .... for about a week without being able to play.

Funny - eh?

SOE always upgraded your account instantly and in the case that billing failed - they just downgraded you or gave you a temporary ban telling you to please solve the billing issue.

Trevynoae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 07:42 AM   #1993
hexalobular

Lord

Is this direct debit delay really at every automatic renewal or just when you sign up?

The swedish Autogiro requires, as far as I know, that you send the company a signed agreement which they then presumably send to your bank which could easily take 3-4 days. But then the company should then send the orders for the recuring charges to the bank in time for them to get the money before the subscription runs out the next time.

Even if they already have your agreement, Autogiro probably wouldn't work for immediate payments since they are all, I believe, processed at the same time in the morning so it would take them at least a day to get the money.

Maybe SOE gives you the first few days on credit, but do you really not have to sign an agreement for this ELV? Or start it yourself from your bank's web page?

hexalobular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 09:05 AM   #1994
samael616

Lord

Flidias wrote:

There's no way in Hades I'm going to pay out for another probably over-priced expansion with all this garbage still going on.

Get some answers, then we can discuss who gets my christmas bonus.

I have been reading this thread from the start with great interest and an ever sinking heart.  As a UK player and gold account I am left with trying to decide what to do when my account runs out.  This happens in December, one month after the new expansion comes out.  The expansion I really really want to buy.  I won't though as until I know what is going on and whether I am going to want to/be in a position to renew my account I am not paying a ridiculous amount to play for 1 month.

From what I can tell I can't even use plat to buy a code for membership since the codes won't be accepted from the UK (though if someone can confirm they can be used I will be happy on at least one level - I have seen mixed messages about it).  The amount it costs for membership is a lot for me, no good people trying to compare it to going to the cinema, buying this or that, since I genuinely don't do any of that, I work, I pay bills and I really do have minimal amount left at the end of it so I have to think very carefully about the value of the things I buy.

Having said that I would happily buy membership again if I had some security and confidence in what I was buying.  I have refrained from buying SC since this whole thing started and there have been a lot of things I would have considered buying with it but with the impending December deadline for me I just couldn't justify it.  

I know that my individual purchaes are less than likely to make or break SOE but still, it is money they would have had.  So come Novemeber it will be me playing with no expansion, rather unhappily for my last month until my sub runs out and then I guess that will be the end for me.  There is a slim chnce I will sign up for the pswhatever account to take a look at how things go but they will get no bank/credit card details from me and it will more be a case of morbid curiosity to see how fast this ship sinks.  It does make me very very sad.  I have played for 5/6 years, am in a guild I love with lovely people and I will truly miss the game if it comes to a choice between paying pswhatever and leaving.

Old 10-16-2012, 12:33 PM   #1995
razgon

Loremaster

Smedley just tweeted this! (read from bottom and up)

Also Prosieben has done a great job of listening and is working on changing some of their CS policies. More to come on that soon.

I want to be clear that Prosieben will have better European CS and payment options IMO. That's why we went with them in the first place.

no matter which service they are on.

launch on Prosieben's service new accounts will be created on their sites. However all US and EU players can still play together

SOE accounts and stay with SOE. Down the road we may offer an option to move over to Prosieben. Just to be clear after these games

We've found a way to let existing players of our current games that are migrating over to Prosieben (EQ, EQ II, Planetside 2) keep their

wanted to thank our players for continuing feedback. We've been listening along with our European partners at Prosieben.

razgon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 12:33 PM   #1996
razgon

Loremaster

So, if I am reading this right - This means that we who have an account at SOE can stay there?

Old 10-16-2012, 12:38 PM   #1997
feldon30

Fansite Staff

Forced Migration is dead.

http://eq2wire.com/2012/10/16/break...stick-with-soe/

feldon30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 12:45 PM   #1998
Drupal

Elder

feldon30 wrote:

Forced Migration is dead.

http://eq2wire.com/2012/10/16/break...stick-with-soe/

Too little, too late.

Drupal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 12:53 PM   #1999
Dalzhel
Server: Splitpaw
Guild: Divine Legend

Loremaster

razgon wrote:

Smedley just tweeted this! (read from bottom and up)

Also Prosieben has done a great job of listening and is working on changing some of their CS policies. More to come on that soon.

I want to be clear that Prosieben will have better European CS and payment options IMO. That's why we went with them in the first place.

no matter which service they are on.

launch on Prosieben's service new accounts will be created on their sites. However all US and EU players can still play together

SOE accounts and stay with SOE. Down the road we may offer an option to move over to Prosieben. Just to be clear after these games

We've found a way to let existing players of our current games that are migrating over to Prosieben (EQ, EQ II, Planetside 2) keep their

wanted to thank our players for continuing feedback. We've been listening along with our European partners at Prosieben.

so almost 1 year later 3 giant feedback threads hundreds of posts, most likely Thousands of cancelations just to do what you should have done in the first place. ALL of this could have been avoided if you actually listened to your player base and not say you do. How crappy is it that he couldnt even be bothered once to come to the Offical forums and post this announcement? You cant tell me he doesnt have time, if he has time to post a twit to twitter then posting a message here doesnt take that long. In the position he's in doesnt he have an assistant to prepare statements for him or are they also working on eq next fail?

We will just have to see if this happens for real or not.

Dalzhel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 01:01 PM   #2000
Dexella

Community Relations

Hi everyone,

Here's a link to the official announcement, made earlier today: http://forums.station.sony.com/eq2/...522990&#5798517

Here is the full text:

Hey Folks,

As many of you may have seen this morning on John Smedley's Twitter, we have been working together with ProSiebenSat.1 Games to come up with solutions to some issues that have been brought up by our customers since the announcement of our publishing agreement with ProSiebenSat.1 Games in the EU Region. Together we have worked out a deal where existing customers will be able to choose whether they remain with Sony Online Entertainment or transfer to ProSiebenSat.1 Games.

Here are the tweets from Smed:

"I wanted to thank our players for continuing feedback. We've been listening along with our European partners at Prosieben. We've found a way to let existing players of our current games that are migrating over to Prosieben (EQ, EQ II, Planetside 2) keep their SOE accounts and stay with SOE. Down the road we may offer an option to move over to Prosieben. Just to be clear after these games launch on Prosieben's service new accounts will be created on their sites. However all US and EU players can still play together no matter which service they are on.

I want to be clear that Prosieben will have better European CS and payment options IMO. That's why we went with them in the first place. Also Prosieben has done a great job of listening and is working on changing some of their CS policies. More to come on that soon. Just going back and forth with our partners at Prosieben. I can confirm that we WILL offer the ability to migrate to Prosieben. No word on timeframe just yet, but shouldn't take too long."

Both SOE and ProSiebenSat.1 Games remain committed to making this transition as easy and beneficial as possible for players; more news will come in coming weeks, especially after we return from SOE Live.

Thank you for your patience.

Community Relations Manager
Dexella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 01:12 PM   #2001
katalmach

Loremaster

Thanks Dexella, and thanks SOE/ProSieben. This is what should have been the plan to begin with - ProSieben recruiting new blood in Europe, while existing players stay with SOE (with an option to move to ProSieben if it's more convenient for them - I could see that eventually being the case for German players, for instance). I also feel a bit sorry for the players of DCUO, who've already had to go through the forced migration.

Nevertheless, this is good enough for me and I will continue to be a happy player of EQ2, instead of cancelling. Now I can finally look forward to the expansion, at least!

katalmach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 01:15 PM   #2002
razgon

Loremaster

Yeah, this just convinced me to purchase the alpha thingie for Planetside 2 and resub for Vanguard! Thanks!

Old 10-16-2012, 01:22 PM   #2003
Wanic
Server: Runnyeye
Guild: Slayer of dreams

Loremaster

Should have been like this from the start. Instead of leading us on by a thread.

Old 10-16-2012, 01:27 PM   #2004
Pariel

Loremaster

Quite simply thank you

This is all I've been asking for.. give me, the player, the choice. Now I have that choice and I will be remaining with EQ2 on my SOE account.

Now you seriously got to get all those you lost months and months ago back

Oh and Smed (on the chance you may read this) - perhaps you finally did come through on your promise to listen to the playerbase

UK player, SOE account forever
Pariel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 01:31 PM   #2005
Pariel

Loremaster

Oh, and I know wrong forum... but can you make the DCU side of my account SOE again please! I havent played since it transferred SMILEY

Old 10-16-2012, 01:40 PM   #2006
Wanic
Server: Runnyeye
Guild: Slayer of dreams

Loremaster

Pariel wrote:

Oh, and I know wrong forum... but can you make the DCU side of my account SOE again please! I havent played since it transferred

To qoute Smed directly.

"DCUO customers who have already migrated will NOT be able to transfer back to SOE. Sorry but that ship has sailed."

From his twitter account.

Old 10-16-2012, 01:40 PM   #2007
Pariel

Loremaster

Whole host of questions (sorry, I am thinking while I post and trawl for information here)

1. What about DCUO accounts that have been flagged but NOT created a PSS1 account. Can they come back?

2. What about Planetside 2 for existing SOE account holders? Can they add Planetside 2 to their subscription on their SOE account

3. Will All Access come back now?

4. What about EQNext? As question 2, can existing SOE people play EQNext on their SOE account even if they are EU?

I'm sure I'll think of more

Old 10-16-2012, 01:58 PM   #2008
Whilhelmina
Server: Storms
Guild: Les Furies d Innoruuk

Tester

Thanks a ton for finally listening. Storms players currently online are thrilled (well, except by our ongoing lag problem due to the server never having been upgraded as far as we know).

Another side question to add to thus posted just above:

What about the subcontracting from Prosieben Sat1 to MyTF1 in France?

Whilhelmina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 02:01 PM   #2009
Pipsissiwa

Loremaster

I am delighted to hear this news - it appears to be a victory both for the playerbase and especially for common sense.  A setup that should have been in place from day one, however.  With my tin foil hat on I can't help but wonder what that catch is, but for now I will risk taking the announcement at face value and celebrate.

It will be fascinating to see how things pan out however - I anticipate extensive and aggressive promotions by PSS1 perhaps on subs but especially on Marketplace items and SC to try to make us go over to them to avoid feeling left out.

It will also be interesting to see these "better CS and payment options", as currently both of those things are a shambles at PSS1 and a world away from SOE's usually exemplary service.

Peace and Solidarity o/

Played Since Launch: Highkeep/Butcherblock

Ratonga 92 Assassin/92 Carpenter

Fuse Guild Leader

"Everquester"

"I won't sit down, I won't shut up, but most of all I will not grow up" - Frank Turner
Pipsissiwa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 02:16 PM   #2010
Kraeref

Champion

Congratulations to all existing EU players! You've done it guys!