EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

 

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > Items and Equipment
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-01-2011, 07:21 AM   #1
mook85az

Loremaster
mook85az's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 85
Default

That's odd, isn't it? I've never seen these stats on scout gear before. It's useless! The gear feels like it's missing MA, which is what the group and raid gear has in the equivalent spots. Was there a mistake made and somehow we ended up with tanks stats? I'd probably use some of this jewelery if it had appropriate stats, but it doesn't.  So, I haven't replaced any jewelery yet playing through the solo lines, because of the odd riposte stats.

Can someone confirm this was intended?

mook85az is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 08:24 AM   #2
Kaszan
Server: Unrest_old
Guild: Nexus
Rank: Reserve

Lord
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 142
Default

It seems to me that these items would be much better off with MA

Kaszan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 10:42 AM   #3
Noob1974

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 240
Default

It is even worse in most cases riposte was changed for flurry.... Flurry was taken off on a lot of items.....

Noob1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 02:21 PM   #4
Geothe

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 2,098
Default

These changes just go to show how the new itemization dev is actually clueless as to how stats actually work in this game.

The reason why these stats replaced Multiattack/flurry on the quest gear, as per Silius's actual words, were to "increase the defense of the soloing scout."

And yet, the stats that he chose to "increase the defense" actually do absolutely nothing to increase defense! LOLRiposte Damage = zero defensive increase, and near zero net DPS increase too.And the Riposte increase that he added, only increases the change to Riposte on a successful parry, ie ZERO DEFENSE INCREASE. lol

It really is pretty pathetic when you think about it.

__________________
Smed: We aren't going to be allowing RMT in any way, shape or form on the non-exchange enabled EQ II servers. Period. End of statement.

Smed: 5) This [LoN] is not some slippery slope towards selling items directly in EQ & EQ II.

Lie #3: Station Cash. Enough Said.

Geothe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 07:30 PM   #5
Lethe5683

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 5,351
Default

Geothe wrote:

These changes just go to show how the new itemization dev is actually clueless as to how stats actually work in this game.

That's the reason for all the stat simplification as well, not to make it easier for the players but to make it easier for the item dev(s).

Lethe5683 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 10:50 AM   #6
Banditman

Loremaster
Banditman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 7,459
Default

This problem was noted in beta, and we were told it was a mistake and would be corrected.

__________________
Banditman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 11:35 AM   #7
Geothe

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 2,098
Default

Banditman wrote:

This problem was noted in beta, and we were told it was a mistake and would be corrected.

That is 100% incorrect.  The defensive stats on RAID scout gear was a mistake.The massive amount of "Defensive" stats on open world scout gear is 100% intended to "help scouts solo more by giving increased defense."  Too bad in ignorance the stats added to the gear to jack-all for defense. heh.

__________________
Smed: We aren't going to be allowing RMT in any way, shape or form on the non-exchange enabled EQ II servers. Period. End of statement.

Smed: 5) This [LoN] is not some slippery slope towards selling items directly in EQ & EQ II.

Lie #3: Station Cash. Enough Said.

Geothe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 12:32 PM   #8
Jrel
Server: Butcherblock
Guild: Blackstar Rising
Rank: Senior Member

Loremaster
Jrel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 452
Default

Please remove the X% Riposte Damage and X% Increased Riposte from all the scout items in DoV, and give them to the tanks.

Jrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 12:54 PM   #9
Jaremai

Loremaster
Jaremai's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 1,271
Default

Speaking as a soloing scout, killing something faster is better than letting it beat on you longer.  Relying on riposte to kill something faster, however, is bad. 

As a grouping scout, riposte is useless unless my tank is asleep.. and even then I'd just give the aggro to the mage because I like to hear them yell in VC.

Here's some pseudocode to help you out.

UPDATE ItemAttributes SET Attribute='MultiAttack' WHERE (Attribute LIKE 'Riposte%') AND (IntendedArchetype='Scout');

edit: stupid smileys

Jaremai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 02:13 PM   #10
Julyen

Master
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 5
Default

I would be a fan of getting rid of all this riposte nonsense on the scout gear and adding in multi attack, which I have been having a relatively hard time finding for some reason.

Julyen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 07:16 PM   #11
Lethe5683

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 5,351
Default

Geothe wrote:

The massive amount of "Defensive" stats on open world scout gear is 100% intended to "help scouts solo more by giving increased defense."  Too bad in ignorance the stats added to the gear to jack-all for defense. heh.

What increased defense? Increased chance to riposte and increased riposte damage do absolutly nothing for defense.  Maybe if it was actually + riposte chance it would be usefull but it's not.

Lethe5683 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 09:09 PM   #12
mook85az

Loremaster
mook85az's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 85
Default

Geothe wrote:

These changes just go to show how the new itemization dev is actually clueless as to how stats actually work in this game.

The reason why these stats replaced Multiattack/flurry on the quest gear, as per Silius's actual words, were to "increase the defense of the soloing scout."

And yet, the stats that he chose to "increase the defense" actually do absolutely nothing to increase defense! LOLRiposte Damage = zero defensive increase, and near zero net DPS increase too.And the Riposte increase that he added, only increases the change to Riposte on a successful parry, ie ZERO DEFENSE INCREASE. lol

It really is pretty pathetic when you think about it.

This is hilarious. Wow. I wonder if this dev has played the game? Like someone else said, the best defense for scouts is a good offense. MA would be much appreciated. It's frustrating watching everyone else upgrade their jewelery but I can't because my MA would plummet, going below the very important 100 point.

mook85az is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 01:44 AM   #13
Cocytus

Loremaster
Cocytus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 1,908
Default

Extra riposte chance actually does help (though in these incriments, not by a ton) but the ones where I see riposte damage I just lol cause I know he forgot which was what

Cocytus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 01:47 AM   #14
Lethe5683

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 5,351
Default

Cocytus wrote:

Extra riposte chance actually does help (though in these incriments, not by a ton) but the ones where I see riposte damage I just lol cause I know he forgot which was what

The ones that are on the items are the riposte chance that only increase the chance that you will riposte on a successful parry.  AKA it does not increase your avoidance at all, if they were actually giving you a chance to riposte independently of parry they might be worth using.

Lethe5683 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 01:51 AM   #15
Cocytus

Loremaster
Cocytus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 1,908
Default

Lethe5683 wrote:

Cocytus wrote:

Extra riposte chance actually does help (though in these incriments, not by a ton) but the ones where I see riposte damage I just lol cause I know he forgot which was what

The ones that are on the items are the riposte chance that only increase the chance that you will riposte on a successful parry.  AKA it does not increase your avoidance at all, if they were actually giving you a chance to riposte independently of parry they might be worth using.

That's not the case. The wording that you're describing is "additional chance to riposte." "Extra riposte chance" is indeed flat, independent riposte/uncontested riposte chance.

Cocytus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 01:52 AM   #16
Lethe5683

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 5,351
Default

Cocytus wrote:

Lethe5683 wrote:

Cocytus wrote:

Extra riposte chance actually does help (though in these incriments, not by a ton) but the ones where I see riposte damage I just lol cause I know he forgot which was what

The ones that are on the items are the riposte chance that only increase the chance that you will riposte on a successful parry.  AKA it does not increase your avoidance at all, if they were actually giving you a chance to riposte independently of parry they might be worth using.

That's not the case. The wording that you're describing is "additional chance to riposte." "Extra riposte chance" is indeed flat, independent riposte/uncontested riposte chance.

"Additional chance to riposte" is what I have been seeing on the scout gear thus far.  I have not seen any "Extra riposte chance" on scout gear yet.

Lethe5683 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 02:02 AM   #17
Cocytus

Loremaster
Cocytus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 1,908
Default

aITEM 621189683 1107588571 0 -2105944243:[Griffin Down Dart]/a . I would have a second link for you but I sold the other earlier today.

Are you sure? Because I've seen two or three items with +Extra Riposte Chance, and a many more with riposte damage, but not really any with additional chance to riposte. I think I saw maybe one item with "additional chacne to riposte".

Cocytus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 02:45 AM   #18
Lethe5683

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 5,351
Default

I guess I have only seen the bad scout gear.

Lethe5683 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 12:55 PM   #19
shiala

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 11
Default

/agrees

having riposte chance or riposte damage on all of our quested gear AND the gear from the status merchants HAS to be a mistake

even the fabled gear on the status merchants have these useless stats taking up space where multi attack should be

please fix

ty

shiala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 07:13 PM   #20
Lethe5683

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 5,351
Default

Cocytus wrote:

aITEM 621189683 1107588571 0 -2105944243:[Griffin Down Dart]/a . I would have a second link for you but I sold the other earlier today.

Are you sure? Because I've seen two or three items with +Extra Riposte Chance, and a many more with riposte damage, but not really any with additional chance to riposte. I think I saw maybe one item with "additional chacne to riposte".

Looks like I somehow was seeing chance to riposte when it was actually riposte damage.

Lethe5683 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 10:18 PM   #21
erratic

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 91
Default

Riposte was put on all the raid gear in beta, and there were many threads explaining why it is not a scout stat and calling the itemization out for being horrible.

SOE posted said it was a mistake and would be fixed.  Riposte was removed from the raid gear, and left on all the other gear.

Itemization this expansion was made by a bunch of scripts by someone who does not fully understand the mechanics of the game.  That's why so many items are nearly identical and you see stats that make no sense.

I don't expect to see things get better.

erratic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 10:50 PM   #22
Lethe5683

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 5,351
Default

erratic wrote:

Riposte was put on all the raid gear in beta, and there were many threads explaining why it is not a scout stat and calling the itemization out for being horrible.

SOE posted said it was a mistake and would be fixed.  Riposte was removed from the raid gear, and left on all the other gear.

Itemization this expansion was made by a bunch of scripts by someone who does not fully understand the mechanics of the game.  That's why so many items are nearly identical and you see stats that make no sense.

I don't expect to see things get better.

It's not that bad for soloing thought MA would be much better.

Lethe5683 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 05:23 PM   #23
shiala

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 11
Default

On the bright side there is no reason at all to grind faction with some sides.

Unless there is some scout class out there that < 5 percent riposte damage>  is a must have upgrade?

I guess my scouts will be done with faction after access to the adornments?

shiala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 08:26 PM   #24
shiala

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 11
Default

Also our new "mastercrafted fabled" items , the ones made by crafters with rare drops from HEROIC zones also have these useless stats....

5 percent riposte damage...... helps a scout in these heroic zones how?

please fix !

shiala is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 09:51 AM.

vBulletin skin by: CompleteGFX.com
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
All threads and posts originally from the EQ2 and Station forums operated by Sony Online Entertainment. Their use is by express written permission.