EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > General Gameplay Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 05-16-2012, 02:56 PM   #1
Cloudrat

Tester

Oh boy I have been waiting for this since DoV beta !   I love it and I thrilled you took the time to add some animationSMILEY New on marketplace today!  Need more sc hehe

Old 05-16-2012, 03:03 PM   #2
ttobey

Developer

I wanted to put a snoring sound there, but was voted down. Imagine a group full of snoring baby othmir! SMILEY

Sr. Animator

EverQuest 2

ttobey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 03:03 PM   #3
ttobey

Developer

Now we need panda cubs SMILEY

Sr. Animator

EverQuest 2

Old 05-16-2012, 03:14 PM   #4
Absyntheea
Server: Crushbone
Guild: Lost Boys

Loremaster

I need this for my beastlord, Fluttershy! Must have all the animals I can get!

Absyntheea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 04:22 PM   #5
ttobey

Developer

Are they yawning for you or just breathing?

Sr. Animator

EverQuest 2

Old 05-16-2012, 04:34 PM   #6
Cloudrat

Tester

ttobey wrote:

Are they yawning for you or just breathing?

Neither now  They are just looking at me wide eyed with a grin.

I have been flying around  and will check a land bound toon.

Land bound toon still has them sleeping and breathing no yawns as of yet.

Wonder if this is related to the bug of my necro pet losing petamorph illusion everytime I fly?

Old 05-16-2012, 04:36 PM   #7
ttobey

Developer

ARRRGH! Ok an animation didn't make it, they should be snoozing and yawning.

Sr. Animator

EverQuest 2

Old 05-16-2012, 05:06 PM   #8
SOE-MOD-08

Community Moderator

This post has moved: /eq2/posts/preList.m?topic_id=50009...post_id=5756733 Nonconstructive.
SOE-MOD-08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 05:17 PM   #9
Lizabethan

Philosopher

If you could make them yawn, that'd be so cute!

Edit: Ttobey forgot to mention that, on top of animating heads, he also has to roshambo catkins to see who will fix Arasai armor. I'm surprised that he was able to break away long enough for this project SMILEY

Old 05-16-2012, 05:18 PM   #10
ttobey

Developer

Yeah they are supposed to, I'm tracking down where the file went.

Sr. Animator

EverQuest 2

Old 05-16-2012, 06:04 PM   #11
shadowscale

Forum Dragon

cute yes. but wouldent it be considered child endangerment to take them out hunting/questing?

shadowscale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 06:29 PM   #12
denmom

Loremaster

Location: Paradigm Clutch: Never shift reality without one...

shadowscale wrote:

cute yes. but wouldent it be considered child endangerment to take them out hunting/questing?

Given the amount of magic on Norrath, there's probably a magical ward on the pack to keep them safe. SMILEY

Old 05-16-2012, 06:39 PM   #13
redwoodtreesprite

Loremaster

Cute, cute, cute!!!

Some people may get grumpy over store releases like this, but for me it adds fun to the game.

I take my time playing EQII.  No rush to get to endgame, feel no need to get all worked up over most things. 

Being able to ride a squirrel, to wear a bunny on my head or to babysit cute little orthmir, that puts some more joy into playing.  (Not a fangirl either.  I just love fun stuff in my games as well as immersive gameplay.)

redwoodtreesprite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 09:38 AM   #14
Rahatmattata

Loremaster

shadowscale wrote:

They aren't children, they are fantasy creatures in a video game.

A Cure For Cancer
Rahatmattata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 09:38 AM   #15
Rahatmattata

Loremaster

shadowscale wrote:

They aren't children, they are fantasy creatures in a video game.

A Cure For Cancer
Rahatmattata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 12:11 PM   #16
Yimway

Loremaster

SOE-MOD-08 wrote:

This post has moved: /eq2/posts/preList.m?topic_id=50009...post_id=5756733 Nonconstructive.

I guess our ideas of constructive feedback vary.

Old 05-17-2012, 12:18 PM   #17
rowanleigh

Loremaster

Great.  Voice chat is still broken and we get ocean rats following us around. 

Cute versus function, thanks for prioritizing there, gang.

Oh and before someone throws out the "but you don't have to buy it card"

a) i won't  thank you very much

b) I use SC too, so it isn't that

c) this is this the kind of crap that makes me understand GBCW* posts here and on the forum that can't be named  a little more.

*Goodbye Cruel World

rowanleigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 12:28 PM   #18
ttobey

Developer

I was working on fixing voice chat, but there wasn't anything to animate there, so I moved back to othmir pups.

Sr. Animator

EverQuest 2

Old 05-17-2012, 12:31 PM   #19
Yimway

Loremaster

I don't think anyone is upset about your work ttoby, just seems your the only one willing to communicate, and there are some significant game issues being ignored.

We're losing players in droves due to the content and mechanics, and the only visible communication is about the 'fluffy edges of the game'.

You're doing great animation work, I just don't know how many of us will be left to see it going forward.

Old 05-17-2012, 01:22 PM   #20
Isard

Loremaster

ttobey wrote:

I was working on fixing voice chat, but there wasn't anything to animate there, so I moved back to othmir pups.

Going to give you a "ZING!!!" for that one 

Malificant 90 Dirge - 90 Carpenter - Leader of Arion Unrest Server

Hamsandwich 90 Mystic - 64 Weaponsmith

Tenal 82 Warden - 74 Tailor
Isard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 01:27 PM   #21
ttobey

Developer

Sorry for being snarky. Not every art/animation thread needs to turn into a Why is PVP still not fixed thread.

Sr. Animator

EverQuest 2

Old 05-17-2012, 02:23 PM   #22
Gyee

Loremaster

ttobey wrote:

Sorry for being snarky. Not every art/animation thread needs to turn into a Why is PVP still not fixed thread.

I count that as awesome not snarky. You tell 'em.. hahaha. You're an artist.. (a dern good one, imho).

I just read your develop spotlight for May here:http://stationblog.wordpress.com/20...2012/#more-3741

This situation is comical (maybe just to me) because this months eq2talk was talking about devs(not just developers but development staff including artitst and designers) and how Aliscious would consider them rockstars. I program less exciting things. So, yall are still rockstars in my eyes.

/fanboioff

Gyee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 02:27 PM   #23
Cloudrat

Tester

ttobey wrote:

HugsSMILEY I thought it was hilarious lol not snarkySMILEY

Old 05-17-2012, 03:01 PM   #24
rowanleigh

Loremaster

Since you called this out, I am going to continue the discussion. For the record it wasn't PvP criticism, did they teach reading comprehension along with animation? Inquiring minds want to know.

First off, this was not  an attack on you, sometimes, as I tell my children, "no, it's really not about you."  It's fine you have pride in your work, and want to share it, I applaud those efforts at creativity.  That you would have such an egotistical reaction and think my post was directed at your work,  and react in a childish, unprofessional manner, speaks volumes about your personality, perhaps if you can't separate  criticisim of The Powers That Be(TPTB) promoting fluff versus your work, perhaps you may need to rethink posting here until you can.

As stated upthread, the frustration isn't about "fluff" or cute little things that make the girls go awwww, it's about actual things that have been broken, that affect gameplay tremendously If your personal cheerleading squad wants to be the Fluffinators and root for this, fine, but honestly voice chat has been broken for two weeks, and its frustratiing to see the priorities are so skewed, and that everyone is supposed go Rah! RAH! orthimir cuties and halfing houses HORRAY! when voice is still broken.

As stated, this is not your fault, but if you are going to put the public face out there, be prepared for the criticism that comes with it.  If you can't handle it, have someone who makes the decisions on what gets priority  post it for you instead. They deserve the criticism for their decisions, and should be the public face.

As I stated, I purchase things out of the marketplace on a frequent basis, and am not a purist at all, It neither breaks my bones or robs my pocket if the Fluffinators want to cheer FINALLY! having ADORABLE! OTTER PUPS! that follow me around!  To each their own.  I would and I believe the majority of the population would rather that things that really effect gameplay, like voice chat be worked on first, or at least you would have the good grace not to promote the fluff on a public forum if TPTB determine fluff before mechanics are the priority.

Now, I have said my piece, good luck with those animations and stuff.

Old 05-17-2012, 03:09 PM   #25
ttobey

Developer

You Win! 

Ding! You have gotten better at forum posting! (41)

Sr. Animator

EverQuest 2

Old 05-17-2012, 03:12 PM   #26
Avirodar
Server: Oasis
Guild: Tyranny

Loremaster

ttobey wrote:

And here I am, wondering why this thread about art/animation, is allowed to continue residing in the General Gameplay Discussion boards?Praise an art Dev for art work, great. The backback looks nice! But the backback has nothing to do with general gemeplay, it is look and feel. If this thread is going to be moderated to keep it "on topic", it should be in the relevant forum subsection.

Old 05-17-2012, 03:27 PM   #27
Stubbswick

Loremaster

rowanleigh wrote:

Since you called this out, I am going to continue the discussion. For the record it wasn't PvP criticism, did they teach reading comprehension along with animation? Inquiring minds want to know.

He was using PvP as an example.  Considering he mentioned your actual complaint (voice chat) before he mentioned PvP, I'd say his reading comprehension is pretty spot on.

rowanleigh wrote:

First off, this was not  an attack on you, sometimes, as I tell my children, "no, it's really not about you."  It's fine you have pride in your work, and want to share it, I applaud those efforts at creativity.  That you would have such an egotistical reaction and think my post was directed at your work,  and react in a childish, unprofessional manner, speaks volumes about your personality, perhaps if you can't separate  criticisim of The Powers That Be(TPTB) promoting fluff versus your work, perhaps you may need to rethink posting here until you can.

Really, you say it's not a criticism about him?  Then why is it that you go off on a complete tangent and say things like "Great.  Voice chat is still broken and we get ocean rats following us around." In a thread where his specific work on othmir is being praised?

rowanleigh wrote:

As stated upthread, the frustration isn't about "fluff" or cute little things that make the girls go awwww, it's about actual things that have been broken, that affect gameplay tremendously If your personal cheerleading squad wants to be the Fluffinators and root for this, fine, but honestly voice chat has been broken for two weeks, and its frustratiing to see the priorities are so skewed, and that everyone is supposed go Rah! RAH! orthimir cuties and halfing houses HORRAY! when voice is still broken.

Just an FYI... (and this gets stated a lot), but the ability to animate and design cool/cute/evil/whatever looking stuff has almost nothing to do with the ability to fix complicated bugs in things like voice chat or game mechanics.  While it's possible that one person could be equally skilled at doing both, it doesn't happen very often.

Think of it as getting your house remodeled:  you are currently complaining because your painter is doing a fantastic job at painting instead of fixing your plumbing problems.

Stubbswick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 03:36 PM   #28
rowanleigh

Loremaster

ooo.. looks like someone needs a snack and a nap.

Have a lovely day Ttobey, and again, they are cute,  no doubt about  that.

Old 05-17-2012, 03:40 PM   #29
SOE-MOD-02

Community Moderator

Please stay on topic now.  /pushes the thread back on track.

Old 05-17-2012, 04:23 PM   #30
Kenazeer

Loremaster

How is it that threads which should probably be in General Gameplay CONSTANTLY get moved as off topic yet Look and Feel threads hardly ever gett moved?

This is probably the third or fouth thread in just the last couple months that was created by the OP in General Gameplay that have absolutely no bearing on gameplay. However, I guess they are allowed to stand because they are "happy" threads?

Shouldn't this be moved? If not can a mod or someone explain to me how it is germane to Gameplay?