EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

 

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > General Gameplay Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-26-2012, 04:46 PM   #511
Outkast1980

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 79
Default

There are more people playing now , that EARNED it, whether it was trivially earned or not(grinding on XP weeknds for hrs and hrs), then there are NEW players.  I have a major issue with new players getting handouts. Because your new , you shouldn't get things easier. If that means you go to newer game , then go. I don't want someone here, that's going to leave when things are set to their particular game style.  I haven't agreed with LOTS of SOE changes over the years. I am still here. I realize, they aren't here to cater to JUST me. Nor should they for anyone else. I do think they should care more about the veteran players thoughts on things , then the new blood. I am not saying ignore them, or do nothing for them. Yet, I don't want them receiving hand outs on things I and other spent the time to do. Period.

Outkast1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 05:22 PM   #512
shots01

Lord
shots01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 452
Default

Raffir wrote:

shots01 wrote:

Shadus wrote:

I disagree, the gating mechanism was put in place for the 90+ raids so the devs would be able to balance things better.  there is a significant difference in ability between a 120aa 90 and a 280aa 90.  I think the gateway is a GOOD thing.

That being said, the difficulty of grinding aa at 90 is absurd, you're better off starting a new level 1 and grinding out 220 at 15... it's 100x faster and easier.

At a 50% slider you should have 280aa at 90.  Right now on 50% slider you're no where NEAR 280aa at 90.  You've got to put xp slider to 93% to aa to hit 320 at 90 (if you get 45aa at 15)... that's a bit absurd.

It's not hard to get 280 aa... it's trivially easy (grind, grind, grind), its just hideously teadius and mind numbingly boring.

As I have previously stated, I, myself, did NOT find it easy, hideously tedious and mind numbingly boring.....yes..

No more wolves to kill!

You don't "Have" to grind.  You can quest within 5 levels and get plenty good xp...and even chrono and quest.  There are more questlines than a person can count in this game. 

Why the rush to 320 / 92 anyway?  Skyshrine isn't going anywhere...its not a race.   Its not going to run out of loot.  I quested my mystic to 92/320 and now she just languishes off to the side, since I don't raid and don't care about grinding for the next piece of uber gear.  I just pull her out when someone in the guild want a mystic.

In the meantime, I have a new ratonga assasin to take through lands I haven't fully explored.

Its the journey thats fun...endgame is just blah and repetitive.

Raf

yup.

 p.

shots01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 12:33 AM   #513
Starman

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 105
Default

Here's something from WoW that works perfectly:

If you want to enter certain instances and/or raids, the game disallows you from doing it until your gearscore is at a minimum level. It's a great idea and works very well.

Other than that, no restrictions. People can solo as they like.

This is what I don't like about this requirement. I want to level, but on *my* terms, *my* playstyle. That's what I loved about this game in the *FIRST PLACE*. Now I have to grind AAs because of some arbitrary rule which doesn't affect a single player except myself.

And again, let me reiterate the word ALTERNATE Advancement points.

To those fools saying "you don't have to level to 92", what kind of stupid remark is that? The whole point of the game is to level. Now I have this brick wall in front of me and after seven+ years of playing this game, I'm just p'd off.

ps'g off players is NOT what you want to do this year.

__________________
The Nexicon
Starman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 01:43 AM   #514
LadyMist

Loremaster
LadyMist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 270
Default

Starman wrote:

Here's something from WoW that works perfectly:

If you want to enter certain instances and/or raids, the game disallows you from doing it until your gearscore is at a minimum level. It's a great idea and works very well.

Other than that, no restrictions. People can solo as they like.

This is what I don't like about this requirement. I want to level, but on *my* terms, *my* playstyle. That's what I loved about this game in the *FIRST PLACE*. Now I have to grind AAs because of some arbitrary rule which doesn't affect a single player except myself.

And again, let me reiterate the word ALTERNATE Advancement points.

To those fools saying "you don't have to level to 92", what kind of stupid remark is that? The whole point of the game is to level. Now I have this brick wall in front of me and after seven+ years of playing this game, I'm just p'd off.

yeah i want to play my way and on my terms too! thos brick wall of 90 levels makes me grind. I should just start as a 90

There Will be changes in this game once upon a time there was no aa period. then it was implented and alot of us missed out on the stuff we killed ect because it already been done before the change. We didnt stomp and quit because of new changes, hurdles, and "brick walls"

ps'g off players is NOT what you want to do this year.

__________________
LadyMist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 02:02 AM   #515
Illmarr

Loremaster
Illmarr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 1,448
Default

Starman wrote:

Here's something from WoW that works perfectly:

If you want to enter certain instances and/or raids, the game disallows you from doing it until your gearscore is at a minimum level. It's a great idea and works very well.

Other than that, no restrictions. People can solo as they like.

This is what I don't like about this requirement. I want to level, but on *my* terms, *my* playstyle. That's what I loved about this game in the *FIRST PLACE*. Now I have to grind AAs because of some arbitrary rule which doesn't affect a single player except myself.

And again, let me reiterate the word ALTERNATE Advancement points.

To those fools saying "you don't have to level to 92", what kind of stupid remark is that? The whole point of the game is to level. Now I have this brick wall in front of me and after seven+ years of playing this game, I'm just p'd off.

ps'g off players is NOT what you want to do this year.

Why is this year any different from any year since 2005?

Illmarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 02:06 AM   #516
Te'ana

Tester
Te'ana's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,807
Default

Starman wrote:

Here's something from WoW that works perfectly:

If you want to enter certain instances and/or raids, the game disallows you from doing it until your gearscore is at a minimum level. It's a great idea and works very well.

Other than that, no restrictions. People can solo as they like.

This is what I don't like about this requirement. I want to level, but on *my* terms, *my* playstyle. That's what I loved about this game in the *FIRST PLACE*. Now I have to grind AAs because of some arbitrary rule which doesn't affect a single player except myself.

And again, let me reiterate the word ALTERNATE Advancement points.

To those fools saying "you don't have to level to 92", what kind of stupid remark is that? The whole point of the game is to level. Now I have this brick wall in front of me and after seven+ years of playing this game, I'm just p'd off.

ps'g off players is NOT what you want to do this year.

My personal favorite stupid comment is "its optional."  LOL even life itself is "optional."

Te'ana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 02:40 AM   #517
Starman

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 105
Default

[email protected] wrote:

Starman wrote:

Here's something from WoW that works perfectly:

If you want to enter certain instances and/or raids, the game disallows you from doing it until your gearscore is at a minimum level. It's a great idea and works very well.

Other than that, no restrictions. People can solo as they like.

This is what I don't like about this requirement. I want to level, but on *my* terms, *my* playstyle. That's what I loved about this game in the *FIRST PLACE*. Now I have to grind AAs because of some arbitrary rule which doesn't affect a single player except myself.

And again, let me reiterate the word ALTERNATE Advancement points.

To those fools saying "you don't have to level to 92", what kind of stupid remark is that? The whole point of the game is to level. Now I have this brick wall in front of me and after seven+ years of playing this game, I'm just p'd off.

ps'g off players is NOT what you want to do this year.

Why is this year any different from any year since 2005?

Lots of shiny new games coming out. More this year than in the last 7+

__________________
The Nexicon
Starman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 06:49 AM   #518
shots01

Lord
shots01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 452
Default

Starman wrote:

Here's something from WoW that works perfectly:

If you want to enter certain instances and/or raids, the game disallows you from doing it until your gearscore is at a minimum level. It's a great idea and works very well.

Other than that, no restrictions. People can solo as they like.

This is what I don't like about this requirement. I want to level, but on *my* terms, *my* playstyle. That's what I loved about this game in the *FIRST PLACE*. Now I have to grind AAs because of some arbitrary rule which doesn't affect a single player except myself.

And again, let me reiterate the word ALTERNATE Advancement points.

To those fools saying "you don't have to level to 92", what kind of stupid remark is that? The whole point of the game is to level. Now I have this brick wall in front of me and after seven+ years of playing this game, I'm just p'd off.

ps'g off players is NOT what you want to do this year.

^what he said.

shots01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 07:11 AM   #519
sojurn1

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 57
Default

I think it was about time they put in a way to make players get to set standards in game. This might not be the best way but i think they are going away fron aa in favour of prestiege point. so instead of always having aa that may stop at 320.with each lvl up grind to each xpac giving us skills as we go along this will mean that the lazy or even not lazy players will be on a set playing field. with prestiege points also they may bring in more replacement spells meaning not all need to hunt down them masters. we do not know where they are going with this first hurdle, and its really not a hard one as xp weekends sort that out quick. i was helping a guildy with aa 200 to like 280 took a week of grinding with no vet bonus no vitality(or next to non), and limited potions, and no xp weekend . so i really think that any main toon should already be at cap for the next lot any way leaving a main set of alts closde to it then that one you dont really play on a xp weekend catch up along with new toons. This just tells me players are in to much of a rush to have 24 classes maxed and playing end game . soe put this in to make grouping more relative and maybe the dungeon finder work better later on, i feel its a good step to get the top end gamers on a equal playing field. Also a fair few players that rush lack them basic skills some do not even know what an ae aoe single target etc mean let alone macroes, For alt grinding if that guild needs said class for raiding and a guildy says sure but i need help the fun friendly guild will spend time blitzing that toon up with them would they not ????

ps. its not like a lvl 90 toon cant do all the game content it is restricted to ud heroic/raid, the rest is playable at 90 no one cried about not being able to go into keal with its lvl 90 restriction or vasty deep etc zones being 85 back then. and most players that have played most areas already have seen this content since sf tbh, and new players well there is loads to enjoy and play through

pps. with this focus effects being changed in the near future also to chara development means that yet again the toons that are not in the best gear and stuck at 90 will get a pick of them making that aa just a lil bit quicker to get, the fighter revamp that is going into test will make solo easy for them and it might just be a start for all classes so again the game gets easy for all players, maybe this 280 aa is like a here game reset at this end do it and become a legend as rpg go.

looking at d&d you could got to a set lvl before picking a prestige class specialty i look at it like that simple after 280 aa you become more than just a knight etc you become a hero blah

sojurn1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 07:26 AM   #520
SiegaPlays

Loremaster
SiegaPlays's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 179
Default

[email protected] wrote:

Telling them to suck it up, I'm afraid results into more people logging into Diablo 3 instead of EQ2.

People who still prefer a repetitive pay to win game like Diablo 3 over EQ2 may be minority ones we actually want to go away. Imagine how the ingame pay 2 win power polls would go, if they stuck around...

Granted I like the random zone instances Diablo III has and how grouping just makes the mobs equally harder without spoiling my xp or loot, but what kills it is repeating the same story over and over and over and ... wait, need gear... farm gear, wait, nothing drops that is very usefull... let's buy really good gear for real money on the RMAH... and over again...

__________________
Siega/Dangara, retired European player

-------------------------------------------------------------

MMO-Charmed web - there is a lot of games out there

-------------------------------------------------------------
SiegaPlays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 07:38 AM   #521
SiegaPlays

Loremaster
SiegaPlays's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 179
Default

shots01 wrote:

But for those players that are bronze/silver.. that option is taken away from them.  They play the game because it is free to play.  I don't think they should be put in a potion where they MUST be gold in order to advance at least at a faster rate.

I am surprised this should actually be a problem.

How many get past 85 without finally deciding to gold sub?

How many of those gets the latest xpacs so they can get beyond lvl 90?

Personally I would prolly only find chronomaging, decorating and collecting shinies enjoyable if I was a past lvl 85 with only bronze/silver account. And after a (good long) while even that would make me hit the AA requirements for getting past 90 :p

__________________
Siega/Dangara, retired European player

-------------------------------------------------------------

MMO-Charmed web - there is a lot of games out there

-------------------------------------------------------------
SiegaPlays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 07:42 AM   #522
Luhai

Loremaster
Luhai's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 679
Default

Starman wrote:

Lots of shiny new games coming out. More this year than in the last 7+

People have been saying stuff like this before Vanguard came out. And then Age of Conan. Warhammer...

Oh, and my favourite - SW:TOR. :p

__________________
Luhai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 12:06 PM   #523
LadyMist

Loremaster
LadyMist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 270
Default

Starman wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

Starman wrote:

Here's something from WoW that works perfectly:

If you want to enter certain instances and/or raids, the game disallows you from doing it until your gearscore is at a minimum level. It's a great idea and works very well.

Other than that, no restrictions. People can solo as they like.

This is what I don't like about this requirement. I want to level, but on *my* terms, *my* playstyle. That's what I loved about this game in the *FIRST PLACE*. Now I have to grind AAs because of some arbitrary rule which doesn't affect a single player except myself.

And again, let me reiterate the word ALTERNATE Advancement points.

To those fools saying "you don't have to level to 92", what kind of stupid remark is that? The whole point of the game is to level. Now I have this brick wall in front of me and after seven+ years of playing this game, I'm just p'd off.

ps'g off players is NOT what you want to do this year.

Why is this year any different from any year since 2005?

Lots of shiny new games coming out. More this year than in the last 7+

yeah I read the list on mmorpg.com half been scrapped because lack of funding the other two look like cookie cutters. check it out for yourself on the game list

__________________
LadyMist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 01:14 PM   #524
Coffee_Hound

Elder
Coffee_Hound's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 46
Default

LadyMist wrote:

Starman wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

Starman wrote:

Here's something from WoW that works perfectly:

If you want to enter certain instances and/or raids, the game disallows you from doing it until your gearscore is at a minimum level. It's a great idea and works very well.

Other than that, no restrictions. People can solo as they like.

This is what I don't like about this requirement. I want to level, but on *my* terms, *my* playstyle. That's what I loved about this game in the *FIRST PLACE*. Now I have to grind AAs because of some arbitrary rule which doesn't affect a single player except myself.

And again, let me reiterate the word ALTERNATE Advancement points.

To those fools saying "you don't have to level to 92", what kind of stupid remark is that? The whole point of the game is to level. Now I have this brick wall in front of me and after seven+ years of playing this game, I'm just p'd off.

ps'g off players is NOT what you want to do this year.

Why is this year any different from any year since 2005?

Lots of shiny new games coming out. More this year than in the last 7+

yeah I read the list on mmorpg.com half been scrapped because lack of funding the other two look like cookie cutters. check it out for yourself on the game list

EQ2 isn't just competing against other MMORPGs.  It's competing against anything fun to do.  In my small group of friends that just left, 1 went to Diablo, 1 went to EQ1 , 1 is playing some shooter on Xbox, and the last quit playing computer games altogether.  Personally, I decided to play through this very unfun part of the game, but now I am without my core group of in game friends.

Coffee_Hound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 01:41 PM   #525
LadyMist

Loremaster
LadyMist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 270
Default

Coffee_Hound wrote:

EQ2 isn't just competing against other MMORPGs.  It's competing against anything fun to do.  In my small group of friends that just left, 1 went to Diablo, 1 went to EQ1 , 1 is playing some shooter on Xbox, and the last quit playing computer games altogether.  Personally, I decided to play through this very unfun part of the game, but now I am without my core group of in game friends.

look at the bright side, its summer! perfect time for a break

__________________
LadyMist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 02:13 PM   #526
RafaelSmith

Loremaster
RafaelSmith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 1,808
Default

I like the 280AA requirement....if anything I would have preferred it be 300.

While its by no means fool-proof it does add a level of checks into the game to try to make sure people are 'matched' up to the content.   It also allows devs to design new content with certain assumptions guaranteed.  Pre SS...I lost count how many times I ended up in a fail pug group because it had level 90 tanks with 50AAs.

__________________
RafaelSmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 02:19 PM   #527
Coffee_Hound

Elder
Coffee_Hound's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 46
Default

LadyMist wrote:

Coffee_Hound wrote:

EQ2 isn't just competing against other MMORPGs.  It's competing against anything fun to do.  In my small group of friends that just left, 1 went to Diablo, 1 went to EQ1 , 1 is playing some shooter on Xbox, and the last quit playing computer games altogether.  Personally, I decided to play through this very unfun part of the game, but now I am without my core group of in game friends.

look at the bright side, its summer! perfect time for a break

Oh, I agree - anything we decide to do for entertainment is a "win" for us; however, I was refering to what is good for EQ2 and it's population.

Coffee_Hound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 02:27 PM   #528
Elebu
Server: Antonia Bayle
Guild: Ancient Prophecy
Rank: Skirmisher

Loremaster
Elebu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 189
Default

[email protected] wrote:

I like the 280AA requirement....if anything I would have preferred it be 300.

While its by no means fool-proof it does add a level of checks into the game to try to make sure people are 'matched' up to the content.   It also allows devs to design new content with certain assumptions guaranteed.  Pre SS...I lost count how many times I ended up in a fail pug group because it had level 90 tanks with 50AAs.

Because max (or near) max AA means you're a good player.  Riiiiight...

Nothing is fool-proof baby, nothing.  Second, if you were running fail pugs that's on you, not on any one else.  You've always been free to inspect gear and see if that Dirge had BC.

Keep hardlining the AA requirements and the only fail pugs left will be yours and yours alone.

Elebu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 02:31 PM   #529
Onorem

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 1,155
Default

LadyMist wrote:

yeah i want to play my way and on my terms too! thos brick wall of 90 levels makes me grind. I should just start as a 90

There Will be changes in this game once upon a time there was no aa period. then it was implented and alot of us missed out on the stuff we killed ect because it already been done before the change. We didnt stomp and quit because of new changes, hurdles, and "brick walls"

6+ YEARS. What did you miss out on that couldn't be made up in 6+ YEARS? Oh whoa is the veteran who only had 6 + YEARS to gain AA cause they got screwed so horribly when the idea was introduced and they'd played some of the content. Sure, new players can powerlevel that in a weekend, but the vets who were around 6+ YEARS ago missed out on 'stuff' and can't do anything but complain about how hard it is now.

How can you have a character that you cared even remotely about adventuring with for that long and not have the required AAs? 6+ YEARS

__________________
_________________________________
"EQ2 is not a "free to play" game, so microtransactions are unlikely to ever have the "front seat" role that they have in F2P games" - SmokeJumper - 4/20/2010
Onorem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 02:37 PM   #530
Drupal

Elder
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 105
Default

kidzulu wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

I like the 280AA requirement....if anything I would have preferred it be 300.

While its by no means fool-proof it does add a level of checks into the game to try to make sure people are 'matched' up to the content.   It also allows devs to design new content with certain assumptions guaranteed.  Pre SS...I lost count how many times I ended up in a fail pug group because it had level 90 tanks with 50AAs.

Because max (or near) max AA means you're a good player.  Riiiiight...

Nothing is fool-proof baby, nothing.  Second, if you were running fail pugs that's on you, not on any one else.  You've always been free to inspect gear and see if that Dirge had BC.

Keep hardlining the AA requirements and the only fail pugs left will be yours and yours alone.

No, having the AA means you can function. If you don't have it then go away and get it.

The system is fine and it works. Everyone is happy they don't have to deal with lazy failures.Ask around on your server and see what people think about it.

Drupal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 02:57 PM   #531
Elebu
Server: Antonia Bayle
Guild: Ancient Prophecy
Rank: Skirmisher

Loremaster
Elebu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 189
Default

Drupal wrote:

kidzulu wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

I like the 280AA requirement....if anything I would have preferred it be 300.

While its by no means fool-proof it does add a level of checks into the game to try to make sure people are 'matched' up to the content.   It also allows devs to design new content with certain assumptions guaranteed.  Pre SS...I lost count how many times I ended up in a fail pug group because it had level 90 tanks with 50AAs.

Because max (or near) max AA means you're a good player.  Riiiiight...

Nothing is fool-proof baby, nothing.  Second, if you were running fail pugs that's on you, not on any one else.  You've always been free to inspect gear and see if that Dirge had BC.

Keep hardlining the AA requirements and the only fail pugs left will be yours and yours alone.

No, having the AA means you can function. If you don't have it then go away and get it.

The system is fine and it works. Everyone is happy they don't have to deal with lazy failures.Ask around on your server and see what people think about it.

LOL I just returned after 2 years, started a dirge on saturday, was level 92 in 3 days using a mentor'd main in raid gear.

For the 320 AA it was simply taking another day auto-following a mentored-down raid-geared main with it's merc in one of the mid-range instances while level locked.  The AA flowed like water.

After all of that, I have no idea how to play a Dirge well in a group (besides casting BC that is)...yet those with a much simpler grasp of the game would think I'm g2g.

Again, having the AA means absolutely nothing.  Can I make this any more plain for you?

The system isn't fine and works for a select few (or so they think).

Elebu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 03:05 PM   #532
LadyMist

Loremaster
LadyMist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 270
Default

Onorem wrote:

LadyMist wrote:

yeah i want to play my way and on my terms too! thos brick wall of 90 levels makes me grind. I should just start as a 90

There Will be changes in this game once upon a time there was no aa period. then it was implented and alot of us missed out on the stuff we killed ect because it already been done before the change. We didnt stomp and quit because of new changes, hurdles, and "brick walls"

6+ YEARS. What did you miss out on that couldn't be made up in 6+ YEARS? Oh whoa is the veteran who only had 6 + YEARS to gain AA cause they got screwed so horribly when the idea was introduced and they'd played some of the content. Sure, new players can powerlevel that in a weekend, but the vets who were around 6+ YEARS ago missed out on 'stuff' and can't do anything but complain about how hard it is now.

How can you have a character that you cared even remotely about adventuring with for that long and not have the required AAs? 6+ YEARS

I missed out on all the level raiding, explore aa and named bosses. once you kill them it flags you to not get aa for them. It didnt give you credit for it When the New AA released.

Also you can go back an get the aa Other Ways. But at That time when it was Realeased you could Not go back and get the aa you Would have gotten had it been there all along. My Point was when That happened you didn't see abunch of people quitting because there was a new obstacle we just went out and worked with the new stuff. You cant be so clueless to miss that point

Look up my toon on eq2u I have 320 aa's now I don't recall saying I never got them later. stop trolling

edit for char info: It's Shiverwind of Freeport

__________________
LadyMist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 03:06 PM   #533
Drupal

Elder
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 105
Default

kidzulu wrote:

LOL I just returned after 2 years, started a dirge on saturday, was level 92 in 3 days using a mentor'd main in raid gear.

For the 320 AA it was simply taking another day auto-following a mentored-down raid-geared main with it's merc in one of the mid-range instances while level locked.  The AA flowed like water.

After all of that, I have no idea how to play a Dirge well in a group (besides casting BC that is)...yet those with a much simpler grasp of the game would think I'm g2g.

Again, having the AA means absolutely nothing.  Can I make this any more plain for you?

The system isn't fine and works for a select few (or so they think).

Let's try this again ... this time read it ...

 having the AA means you can function

Can function means there's a good chance you can actually do something right with your sorry class.

Having no AA means you cannot function. 

Now see if you can understand what that means.

Drupal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 03:21 PM   #534
Onorem

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 1,155
Default

LadyMist wrote:

Onorem wrote:

LadyMist wrote:

yeah i want to play my way and on my terms too! thos brick wall of 90 levels makes me grind. I should just start as a 90

There Will be changes in this game once upon a time there was no aa period. then it was implented and alot of us missed out on the stuff we killed ect because it already been done before the change. We didnt stomp and quit because of new changes, hurdles, and "brick walls"

6+ YEARS. What did you miss out on that couldn't be made up in 6+ YEARS? Oh whoa is the veteran who only had 6 + YEARS to gain AA cause they got screwed so horribly when the idea was introduced and they'd played some of the content. Sure, new players can powerlevel that in a weekend, but the vets who were around 6+ YEARS ago missed out on 'stuff' and can't do anything but complain about how hard it is now.

How can you have a character that you cared even remotely about adventuring with for that long and not have the required AAs? 6+ YEARS

I missed out on all the level raiding, explore aa and named bosses. once you kill them it flags you to not get aa for them. It didnt give you credit for it When the New AA released.

Also you can go back an get the aa Other Ways. But at That time when it was Realeased you could Not go back and get the aa you Would have gotten had it been there all along. My Point was when That happened you didn't see abunch of people quitting because there was a new obstacle we just went out and worked with the new stuff. You cant be so clueless to miss that point

Look up my toon on eq2u I have 320 aa's now I don't recall saying I never got them later. stop trolling

edit for char info: It's Shiverwind of Freeport

You didn't miss out on exploration and named AA. They reset both of those eventually. When it was originally released, yep, some were screwed by it. Now, it's not worth mentioning how it was then. Uphill both ways in the snow....Who cares?  I did misread your initial post, but stick by mine enhancing yours instead of disputing it. Anyone who complains about how they missed out because they'd done so much pre-AA needs to shut up or explain why they haven't been able to catch up in the 6 years since.

__________________
_________________________________
"EQ2 is not a "free to play" game, so microtransactions are unlikely to ever have the "front seat" role that they have in F2P games" - SmokeJumper - 4/20/2010
Onorem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 03:33 PM   #535
CoLD MeTaL

Loremaster
CoLD MeTaL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 3,217
Default

LadyMist wrote:

Onorem wrote:

LadyMist wrote:

yeah i want to play my way and on my terms too! thos brick wall of 90 levels makes me grind. I should just start as a 90

There Will be changes in this game once upon a time there was no aa period. then it was implented and alot of us missed out on the stuff we killed ect because it already been done before the change. We didnt stomp and quit because of new changes, hurdles, and "brick walls"

6+ YEARS. What did you miss out on that couldn't be made up in 6+ YEARS? Oh whoa is the veteran who only had 6 + YEARS to gain AA cause they got screwed so horribly when the idea was introduced and they'd played some of the content. Sure, new players can powerlevel that in a weekend, but the vets who were around 6+ YEARS ago missed out on 'stuff' and can't do anything but complain about how hard it is now.

How can you have a character that you cared even remotely about adventuring with for that long and not have the required AAs? 6+ YEARS

I missed out on all the level raiding, explore aa and named bosses. once you kill them it flags you to not get aa for them. It didnt give you credit for it When the New AA released.

Also you can go back an get the aa Other Ways. But at That time when it was Realeased you could Not go back and get the aa you Would have gotten had it been there all along. My Point was when That happened you didn't see abunch of people quitting because there was a new obstacle we just went out and worked with the new stuff. You cant be so clueless to miss that point

Look up my toon on eq2u I have 320 aa's now I don't recall saying I never got them later. stop trolling

edit for char info: It's Shiverwind of Freeport

As far as I'm concerned, the 13% raw levels they gave us with GU63 made up for all that early tripe.

280aa to go past 90 is fine, but it needs to be 10aa to go to level 11, 30 to go past 20, 50 to go past 30, etc.  (or some other curve) so that NEW players don't hit a freaking brick wall just below 'the fun'.  Again once I gave up on questing an dplaying the game and just went to grinding I see why people think AA is easy.  Especially raid geared that can spank entire zones in one pull.

I do think that again there needs to be more than one way to get AA practically, right now grinding is THE ONLY effective way to gain AA, questing etc. got the nerf nuke and are basically useless unless you want to take a year to level to cap.  Someone with more time shuold turn off combat xp and level via quests and report how long it takes to get to 92/320.  I think 2 days is the current grind time, or so I hear.

__________________


CoLD MeTaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 03:48 PM   #536
Koleg
Server: Unrest_old

Lord
Koleg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 713
Default

CoLD MeTaL wrote:

As far as I'm concerned, the 13% raw levels they gave us with GU63 made up for all that early tripe.

280aa to go past 90 is fine, but it needs to be 10aa to go to level 11, 30 to go past 20, 50 to go past 30, etc.  (or some other curve) so that NEW players don't hit a freaking brick wall just below 'the fun'.  Again once I gave up on questing an dplaying the game and just went to grinding I see why people think AA is easy.  Especially raid geared that can spank entire zones in one pull.

I do think that again there needs to be more than one way to get AA practically, right now grinding is THE ONLY effective way to gain AA, questing etc. got the nerf nuke and are basically useless unless you want to take a year to level to cap.  Someone with more time shuold turn off combat xp and level via quests and report how long it takes to get to 92/320.  I think 2 days is the current grind time, or so I hear. 

Firstly, I seriously doubt you care about new players.  You seem to have adopted a borroed agruement which was originally someone else's.

The practical way to gain AA is by ... Playing the Game ... new players have 100's more ways to earn AA than ever before.  Enough so that they would never need to 'Grind' anywhere or kill the same mob twice.  You are simply replacing the word 'Practical' with 'Quickly'.  MMO players know that Grinding is and has always been the quickest way to do anything, it is far from the only way and in EQ2 it is even further from the truth.

The Brick Wall issue is certainly something SOE needs to address, but that can do that in any number of ways.  Balanced content at level cap has nothing to do with new players leveling or retaining those new players.  I'd be perfectly fine with SOE removing the AA experience and just "grant" every player 3+ AA per level to spend freely as they level.  I say that in a similar stance as you do complaining about how hard AA are to gain; that being, selfishness.  I don't need AA, me and my 7+ alts have 320, I have nothing to gain while "grinding", especially when I am helping friends level up so they can raid with me when I PL them to 92/320.  So, for me, who has nothing to gain, and therefore nothing to lose, I'd advocate granting 320/80 = 4 AA per level and remove the AA-XP altogether.

Koleg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 03:56 PM   #537
Elebu
Server: Antonia Bayle
Guild: Ancient Prophecy
Rank: Skirmisher

Loremaster
Elebu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 189
Default

Drupal wrote:

kidzulu wrote:

LOL I just returned after 2 years, started a dirge on saturday, was level 92 in 3 days using a mentor'd main in raid gear.

For the 320 AA it was simply taking another day auto-following a mentored-down raid-geared main with it's merc in one of the mid-range instances while level locked.  The AA flowed like water.

After all of that, I have no idea how to play a Dirge well in a group (besides casting BC that is)...yet those with a much simpler grasp of the game would think I'm g2g.

Again, having the AA means absolutely nothing.  Can I make this any more plain for you?

The system isn't fine and works for a select few (or so they think).

Let's try this again ... this time read it ...

 having the AA means you can function

Can function means there's a good chance you can actually do something right with your sorry class.

Having no AA means you cannot function. 

Now see if you can understand what that means.

Oh I hear what your'e saying, but you're just wrong.  For example, people buy accounts all of the time and I've been in many groups with fully mastered, fully spec'd, fully raid-geared, top-end everything players who ask "what's my casting order?"...

Let's summarize: the OP was to remove the barrier of 280 AA to reach 92 - wich I totally agree with - however you've yet to present a rational argument as to how this is a bad thing.  My point is that there are plenty of 320 AA players running around that know nothing about anything really so the net effect is an arbitrary barrier that only discourages casual gamers whose money this game needs just as much as the ebayers.  Capiche?

Elebu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 04:05 PM   #538
Koleg
Server: Unrest_old

Lord
Koleg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 713
Default

kidzulu wrote:

Oh I hear what your'e saying, but you're just wrong.  For example, people buy accounts all of the time and I've been in many groups with fully mastered, fully spec'd, fully raid-geared, top-end everything players who ask "what's my casting order?"...

Let's summarize: the OP was to remove the barrier of 280 AA to reach 92 - wich I totally agree with - however you've yet to present a rational argument as to how this is a bad thing.  My point is that there are plenty of 320 AA players running around that know nothing about anything really so the net effect is an arbitrary barrier that only discourages casual gamers whose money this game needs just as much as the ebayers.  Capiche?

That is a dumb agruement ... I Don't Care what you do, what the guy that buys an ebay account does, or Cold-Metal in any capaicty or SOE Dev's for that matter.  I only care that I get balanced content and I can fairly easily identify those players which don't 100% suck.  I'll look harder during game-play for those that only 50% suck and put them on my ignore manually.  And my Stripes quote of the day: "You just made the list!"

Koleg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 04:09 PM   #539
kalaria

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 121
Default

The 280 AA thing to advance beyond lvl 90 was one of the better moves SoE has made in quite a while.

As many pointed out, the fact that you hit that wall with zero warning as a new player, however, is a bad thing.  That is what needs to be addressed, new players need to know ahead of time that there will be that wall there, and IMO, SoE needs an XP setting OPTION that balances adventure and AA xp while leveling so that you hit lvl 90 and 280 AA at the same time.

kalaria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 04:47 PM   #540
Tigerr

Lord
Tigerr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 125
Default

Wow, you guys are still crying about this?... about how its soooo hard, and how the casuals have a rough time?.. This game is one of the easiest MMO's to get stuff done in, seriously. I just feel everyone was spoiled because every single time they cried about stuff being too hard, sony came swooping in and giving them their bottle. Eq1 has been around for what, 13 years?.. It probably has more people playing it than eq2 and guess what, you need 6k aa to function on a couple ( most ) of classes. I understand its not the same game but, its hard for a VET that played that game for nearly 10 years to hop on and catch up to most of the "hardcores. Eq2 is completely facerollable. It takes 1 month max to get a toon to max aa/level playing probably an hour a day. This game is easy enough, stop the crying... seriously, the "new players", the "casuals" aren't having a hard time doing anything.. They just don't want to do it and feel that if they compare their 15 dollars to the "harcoreeeee" 15 dollars, they should have the same gear/aa/level/skill as them. If that happened, we'd be playing Hello Kitty Online right now. The more time and effort you put in= more reward... It really is simple. Also, please don't respond with "BUT ITS A GAME MR TIGER< WE WANTZ TO HAZ FUNZZZZZZ" because that is probably the most idiotic argument ever to be spewed on these boards. The...game...is...easy....Eq1 doesn't even have the quest system we have here, stuff is ROUGH lol... Yet people there accept the challenge, not whine .
Tigerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 11:16 PM.

vBulletin skin by: CompleteGFX.com
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
All threads and posts originally from the EQ2 and Station forums operated by Sony Online Entertainment. Their use is by express written permission.