EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > General Gameplay Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 04-25-2012, 01:27 PM   #841
Piestro

Community Relations

[email protected] wrote:

A some questions (well ones i havent seen an answer too so far at least).

What is going to happen with the Legends of Norrath integration ?

Currently LoN is accesbible directly, via EQ1 and via EQ2, rewards you earn in LoN (either as Loot Cards or via Scenario's) can be earnt for either game, you can buy card packs via SC in both games, or directly via cash in the LoN Store.

How will SOE manage this level of interaction when EQ2 is under control of PS71?

Will we still be able to keep gaining items for both EQ1/EQ2 ?

What will happen to our collections of cards when you transfer to  PS71 ?

You have stated that you have come to an agreement with PS71 to allow existing accounts to play on their current servers, its just their accounts which will be 'changed' - does this mean that PS71 / SOE players will have different 'offers' active on servers - i.e. if PS71 wants to run a double XP weekend, then only PS71 players get double XP and SOE don't ?

Or, are 'offers' going to be 'server' based ? But what about currency based offers, how can you split offers so SC and Alaplaya Currency (AC) offers can happen at same time on same server ? 

How are you going to handle multiple store currencies on the same server ? will someone on a US server be able to spend AC to buy items or will they (somehow) have to stock up SC as well.

Double XP is server based, not account based. So if Double XP is active all players should recieve it.

We're still working on exact details for LoN, but you'll keep your cards etc.

SOE customers will use only Station Cash, ProSiebenSat.1 customers will use only their currency. Marketplace items will display prices in the appropriate currency.

EverQuest Community Relations Manager

Piestro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 02:32 PM   #842
Caethre

Loremaster

[email protected] Bayle wrote:

((The issue of:

>>>> EUROPEAN PLAYERS FORCED TO PAY DOUBLE PRICE <<<<

is by far the biggest issue left unresolved here, for all of us currently using a Station Pass to play multiple SOE games, where some are being moved to PSS1 and some are not.

I know several very very long-term players who would never have considered leaving SOE and their games, considering precisely that, if forced to either PAY TWICE or never play some games they love again.

SOE, this desperately needs a solution.))

I posted this 15 days ago, and there have been 13 more pages of feedback since then, with numerous red name comments, but still we know absolutely nothing about this issue.

I've held my Station Pass for over 12 years now. Is it suddenly going to stop working for me? Am I going to be forced to pay double, if I want to play both EQII and Vanguard, for example?

This is STILL the single biggest issue for many of us, because it would be like saying - you Europeans, you can all pay double to get what everyone else gets. That isn't acceptable.

We still desperately need this one answered.

Lady Lorianna Ardinwena [92/320 Monk|92 Carpenter](Koada`Dal)

Lady Suzanna Narinyaare [92/320 Conjuror|92 Woodworker](Koada`Dal)

Lady Annaelisa Lorinfinlinde [92/320 Fury|92 Tailor](Koada`Dal)

Lady Silvianna [92/320 Illusionist|92 Jeweler](Koada`Dal)

Jennianna [92/320 Dirge|92 Weaponsmith](Koada`Dal)

Aurielle [92/320 Wizard|92 Alchemist](Koada`Dal)

Valerianna [92/320 Guardian|92 Armourer](Koada`Dal)

Sarahanna [92/320 Swashbuckler|92 Provisioner](Koada`Dal)

Katherianna [92/286 Beserker|92 Sage](Koada`Dal)

Guildleader of The True Path - A roleplay-based guild (level 77) on Antonia Bayle
Caethre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 02:59 PM   #843
Onorem

Loremaster

Piestro wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

Currently LoN is accesbible directly, via EQ1 and via EQ2, rewards you earn in LoN (either as Loot Cards or via Scenario's) can be earnt for either game, you can buy card packs via SC in both games, or directly via cash in the LoN Store.

How will SOE manage this level of interaction when EQ2 is under control of PS71?

You have stated that you have come to an agreement with PS71 to allow existing accounts to play on their current servers, its just their accounts which will be 'changed' - does this mean that PS71 / SOE players will have different 'offers' active on servers - i.e. if PS71 wants to run a double XP weekend, then only PS71 players get double XP and SOE don't ?

Or, are 'offers' going to be 'server' based ? But what about currency based offers, how can you split offers so SC and Alaplaya Currency (AC) offers can happen at same time on same server ? 

How are you going to handle multiple store currencies on the same server ? will someone on a US server be able to spend AC to buy items or will they (somehow) have to stock up SC as well.

Double XP is server based, not account based. So if Double XP is active all players should recieve it.

SOE customers will use only Station Cash, ProSiebenSat.1 customers will use only their currency. Marketplace items will display prices in the appropriate currency.

It's completely understandable that you don't have all the answers at the moment...but is there any comment that you can make about all of the yet unanswered questions?

Old 04-25-2012, 03:03 PM   #844
Pipsissiwa

Loremaster

((The issue of:

>>>> EUROPEAN PLAYERS FORCED TO PAY DOUBLE PRICE <<<<

is by far the biggest issue left unresolved here, for all of us currently using a Station Pass to play multiple SOE games, where some are being moved to PSS1 and some are not.

I know several very very long-term players who would never have considered leaving SOE and their games, considering precisely that, if forced to either PAY TWICE or never play some games they love again.

SOE, this desperately needs a solution.))

I posted this 15 days ago, and there have been 13 more pages of feedback since then, with numerous red name comments, but still we know absolutely nothing about this issue.

I've held my Station Pass for over 12 years now. Is it suddenly going to stop working for me? Am I going to be forced to pay double, if I want to play both EQII and Vanguard, for example?

This is STILL the single biggest issue for many of us, because it would be like saying - you Europeans, you can all pay double to get what everyone else gets. That isn't acceptable.

We still desperately need this one answered.

As it stands, yes your Pass will stop working when the current sub runs out.  Yes, you will have to pay separately for non-PSS1 SOE games as the situation currently stands.

And SOE, whoever; saying PSS1 will offer their own isn't good enough when we know:

a) Peoples subs are running out now BEFORE the transfer and can't renew, thus are having to pay more already, before any games have even migrated to PSS1.

b) PSS1 will only be offering their Pass, when they sort it, to include the SOE games that they have, so many included for US/Rest of World won't be included for Europeans (as stated categorically by Brasse).

This massive difference in available service between Europe and elsewhere, especially when the same service has been offered for so long, is NOT acceptable and I suspect one key reason SOE are keeping so suspiciously quiet about the PSS1 deal.  This is one aspect that they cannot put any kind of positive spin on for us - Thousands of loyal European subscribers will have to pay significantly more for their games, and not just some exchange rate/tax thing like the usual excuses are, but because a discount 'bulk buy' (in effect) won't be offered just because they live in Europe

This is one issue I in particular will fight tooth and claw about, and get the rip off of European players as well known and publicised as possible. I'm sure SOE's Legal team have made sure everything is legit, but this is utterly ridiculous - the amount of extra money many people will have to pay per month to maintain their current levels of subscription could increase by several hundred percent.  By letting everyone else in the world still pay one bargain sub it is a huge insult to European players.  I know, take away all the same games from the SOE version of the pass.  That would at least be fairer, but SOE would never dream of doing that.

Played Since Launch: Highkeep/Butcherblock

Ratonga 92 Assassin/92 Carpenter

Fuse Guild Leader

"Everquester"

"I won't sit down, I won't shut up, but most of all I will not grow up" - Frank Turner
Pipsissiwa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 03:09 PM   #845
Pipsissiwa

Loremaster

Onorem wrote:

Piestro wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

It's completely understandable that you don't have all the answers at the moment...but is there any comment that you can make about all of the yet unanswered questions?

What is nuts is that loads of these questions that Nightfear asks have been answered before (mostly by Brasse, back in the depths of these feedback threads), and in many cases in some detail as I described in my answer to this post.  Yet from SOE we get this limp and vague reply. 

Why didn't Nightfear get a proper & complete answer from Piestro if I had the info to give and I'm just an organised and observant player with a notebook?  I'm doing this in my spare time as a courtesy to my fellow players who deserve the info, regardless of whether they have read these threads from day one.  If I can find time (and it takes minutes), I don't understand why those paid to have time aren't giving all the info available when they answer questions too.

Peace and Solidarity

Fuse Guild Leader

"Everquester"

"I won't sit down, I won't shut up, but most of all I will not grow up" - Frank Turner
Old 04-25-2012, 03:42 PM   #846
Caethre

Loremaster

Pipsissiwa wrote:

As it stands, yes your Pass will stop working when the current sub runs out. 

When it runs out? The Station Pass is a recurring ongoing subscription, so it never "runs out" as such ... unless they just withdraw it. Didn't SOE say they would keep it going until PSS had a replacement?

Or do you mean, SOE have stated, that when the CURRENT MONTH we are paying for is up, the Station Pass access is deleted?

If the latter, they are FORCING us all to either subscribe to separate games or just leave?

SOE ... really? You actually are telling us ...

"EUROPEANS ...

YOU MUST PAY DOUBLE OR YOU CAN GET LOST!" ?

Rest of the world ... you can keep paying the same amount, it's fine (for now).

Really? Are we at this point?

SOE, do you want us all to just leave?

Lady Lorianna Ardinwena [92/320 Monk|92 Carpenter](Koada`Dal)

Lady Suzanna Narinyaare [92/320 Conjuror|92 Woodworker](Koada`Dal)

Lady Annaelisa Lorinfinlinde [92/320 Fury|92 Tailor](Koada`Dal)

Lady Silvianna [92/320 Illusionist|92 Jeweler](Koada`Dal)

Jennianna [92/320 Dirge|92 Weaponsmith](Koada`Dal)

Aurielle [92/320 Wizard|92 Alchemist](Koada`Dal)

Valerianna [92/320 Guardian|92 Armourer](Koada`Dal)

Sarahanna [92/320 Swashbuckler|92 Provisioner](Koada`Dal)

Katherianna [92/286 Beserker|92 Sage](Koada`Dal)

Guildleader of The True Path - A roleplay-based guild (level 77) on Antonia Bayle
Caethre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 03:45 PM   #847
Pipsissiwa

Loremaster

Pipsissiwa wrote:

When it runs out? The Station Pass is a recurring ongoing subscription, so it never "runs out" as such ... unless they just withdraw it. Didn't SOE say they would keep it going until PSS had a replacement?

Or do you mean, SOE have stated, that when the CURRENT MONTH we are paying for is up, the Station Pass access is deleted?

If the latter, they are FORCING us all to either subscribe to separate games or just leave?

"EUROPEANS ...

It will almost certainly run out - next time it needs to auto renew (so yeah, current month) it probably won't.

SOE even sneakily backdated getting a new Pass so Euros couldn't grab themselves a month of All Access once they realised it was being taken away.  Long story short, yes, you'll probably be paying separately for all your SOE games once your current sub/month runs out,and certainly once PSS1 get their games. 

They originally said they were' grandfathering' existing Passes, but that seems to have changed and now subs are failing to renew for most European players (so many people complaining about it...). And if this is a mistake, it doesn't help that those people can't re-set up the pass.

Brasse - 31st March 2012: If you are a US player, an All Access Pass will cover all our games. If you are an EU player, ProSiebenSat.1's version of this pass will cover whatever games they have active. Currently, EQ and Vanguard are not part of the partnership.

I couldn't possibly agree with your anger more - this behaviour is crazy and grossly unfair.  For SOE to have done this BEFORE any games even go over to PSS1 is even more insane, if that is possible.

Solidarity

Fuse Guild Leader

"Everquester"

Old 04-25-2012, 04:02 PM   #848
Pewtriid

Augur

Concerning the station access (Station Pass?)...it seems that thisis somehting that DOES affect a person's account...as in can't renew or even get it.   If you have station pass, and it will not renew, it affects your account.  So much for the 30 day notice that is required.

Spin it all you want, but failing to send out the information, at least to those that are EU and have station pass, DOES require the 30 day notice, AND affects player accounts.   The FAQ DOES NOT meet the requirement.  Not to mention thefact that the post date is AFTER the ffective date. 

But I guess Sony/SOE just doesn't want to admit that this was a much needed (though short term) cash infusion.

Pewtriid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 04:19 PM   #849
Pipsissiwa

Loremaster

Pewtriid wrote:

Concerning the station access (Station Pass?)...it seems that thisis somehting that DOES affect a person's account...as in can't renew or even get it.   If you have station pass, and it will not renew, it affects your account.  So much for the 30 day notice that is required.

Spin it all you want, but failing to send out the information, at least to those that are EU and have station pass, DOES require the 30 day notice, AND affects player accounts.   The FAQ DOES NOT meet the requirement.  Not to mention thefact that the post date is AFTER the ffective date. 

But I guess Sony/SOE just doesn't want to admit that this was a much needed (though short term) cash infusion.

People asked about this a while back. SOE claims that the removal of the ALL Access for Euros is a service change not an account change and thus doesn't come under the 30 days notice.  Convienient semantics if you ask me. 

It doesn't explain why people are finding that their existing sub is failing to renew without notice.

Piestro 3rd April 2012:

"An account change and availability change are two very different things.

Availability change: This service is no longer available.

Account change: We're taking away all access from those who already have it.

We did the former, not the later."

Fuse Guild Leader

"Everquester"

Old 04-25-2012, 05:10 PM   #850
Onorem

Loremaster

Pipsissiwa wrote:

Onorem wrote:

Piestro wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

What is nuts is that loads of these questions that Nightfear asks have been answered before (mostly by Brasse, back in the depths of these feedback threads), and in many cases in some detail as I described in my answer to this post.  Yet from SOE we get this limp and vague reply. 

Why didn't Nightfear get a proper & complete answer from Piestro if I had the info to give and I'm just an organised and observant player with a notebook?  I'm doing this in my spare time as a courtesy to my fellow players who deserve the info, regardless of whether they have read these threads from day one.  If I can find time (and it takes minutes), I don't understand why those paid to have time aren't giving all the info available when they answer questions too.

Peace and Solidarity

No nuts about it. I don't know which questions 'Nightfear' asked, but they must not line up with the questions I'm talking about which haven't been acknowledged or answered.

Old 04-25-2012, 05:20 PM   #851
Whilhelmina
Server: Storms
Guild: Les Furies d Innoruuk

Tester

I don't know for monthly Station Access but the yearly offer is not a recuring sub. You can "extend" it by adding time before it ends through game cards, but you have to renew it if it reaches its end. So if you have a yearly All Access finishing the 1st of may, it'll ask for a renew which isn't available anymore and then you'll be bared from the offer.

Whilhelmina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 05:37 PM   #852
Pipsissiwa

Loremaster

Onorem wrote:

Pipsissiwa wrote:

Onorem wrote:

Piestro wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

Peace and Solidarity

No nuts about it. I don't know which questions 'Nightfear' asked, but they must not line up with the questions I'm talking about which haven't been acknowledged or answered.

Lol, the questions you replied to and have quoted here. SMILEY

I was simply saying that even the stuff they are answering is vague and isn't including the details that are actually out there already.  There seem to be certain topics that SOE are avoiding like the plague now - like the All Access.

Any chance of re-asking the questions you're concerned about so SOE can blatently ignore them some more?  /sigh Plus if there is any mention of answers hidden in these threads or at Alaplaya I probably will be able to share them from my comprehensive database SMILEY.

Fuse Guild Leader

"Everquester"

Old 04-25-2012, 07:49 PM   #853
Darktreem

Loremaster

Pipsissiwa wrote:

Pipsissiwa wrote:

"EUROPEANS ...

It will almost certainly run out - next time it needs to auto renew (so yeah, current month) it probably won't.

SOE even sneakily backdated getting a new Pass so Euros couldn't grab themselves a month of All Access once they realised it was being taken away.  Long story short, yes, you'll probably be paying separately for all your SOE games once your current sub/month runs out,and certainly once PSS1 get their games. 

They originally said they were' grandfathering' existing Passes, but that seems to have changed and now subs are failing to renew for most European players (so many people complaining about it...). And if this is a mistake, it doesn't help that those people can't re-set up the pass.

Brasse - 31st March 2012: If you are a US player, an All Access Pass will cover all our games. If you are an EU player, ProSiebenSat.1's version of this pass will cover whatever games they have active. Currently, EQ and Vanguard are not part of the partnership.

I couldn't possibly agree with your anger more - this behaviour is crazy and grossly unfair.  For SOE to have done this BEFORE any games even go over to PSS1 is even more insane, if that is possible.

Solidarity

Some could be failing due to payment problems, insufficient funds or whatever. Fortunately I got 90 days added from EQOA. If I did not get that I was going to cancel for a week or two at the end of March, and if I did that would have lost All Access then. I am good until June, but if it fails for whatever reason at that time, or PSS1 do not get EQ1 and Vanguard, I will be contacting SOE managers, maybe Smed himself to get it fixed. If they want money then they can not ignore our requests for long.

Darktreem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 07:59 PM   #854
Moldylocks

Loremaster

Darktreem wrote:

Pipsissiwa wrote:

Pipsissiwa wrote:

"EUROPEANS ...

Solidarity

Some could be failing due to payment problems, insufficient funds or whatever. Fortunately I got 90 days added from EQOA. If I did not get that I was going to cancel for a week or two at the end of March, and if I did that would have lost All Access then. I am good until June, but if it fails for whatever reason at that time, or PSS1 do not get EQ1 and Vanguard, I will be contacting SOE managers, maybe Smed himself to get it fixed. If they want money then they can not ignore our requests for long.

Unfortunately they've been ignoring us since Jan. 12th when the initial announcement was made.  I don't really count their selective attention to 2 or 3 details they deem important, while dodging or keeping silent on the vast majority of the community's concerns, to really amount to constructive communication.  There has been a steady stream of people dropping their subs over the last 4 months over this and that doesn't really seem to motivate them to behave in a professional manner either, so..what more can people do?  Its been a game played by their rules from day 1, and it continues to roll out that way.

Moldylocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 08:20 PM   #855
Darktreem

Loremaster

Moldylocks wrote:

Darktreem wrote:

Pipsissiwa wrote:

Pipsissiwa wrote:

"EUROPEANS ...

Solidarity

Unfortunately they've been ignoring us since Jan. 12th when the initial announcement was made.  I don't really count their selective attention to 2 or 3 details they deem important, while dodging or keeping silent on the vast majority of the community's concerns, to really amount to constructive communication.  There has been a steady stream of people dropping their subs over the last 4 months over this and that doesn't really seem to motivate them to behave in a professional manner either, so..what more can people do?  Its been a game played by their rules from day 1, and it continues to roll out that way.

Smeds latest tweet was this so things are no doubt on hold atm, and have not been finalised beforehand.

If anyone is determined not to go to PSS1, and keep in touch with SOE (not support), even if it ends up taking months, that they are still interested in SOE games but really can not stomach goiing to PSS1, then they will probably do something.

Smedley does care about his fans

"We're not cold-hearted," he said. "We treat customers like we treat families." Those who want to make a conspiracy out of the issue or read into it miss the simple truth of the personal angle. SOE, Smedley assured me, is not a faceless bureaucracy but a group of like-minded gamers who care about the same things that its customers do.

Old 04-25-2012, 09:05 PM   #856
Necrotherian
Server: Najena
Guild: Forgotten Abyss

Loremaster

SOE-Brasse wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

-------

Your account status will be determined by your IP address and you will not be able to retain both an SOE and ProSiebenSat.1 account on the same game. You may certainly still continue to play on both servers and your gameplay will not change. If you are logging on from the US, it will be an SOE account, and if in Europe, it will be a ProSiebenSat.1 account. ~Brasse

-----

This is exactly what worries me ... because it seems nobody thought about people who travel between Europe and the US or Military etc.

Also even though everyone can play on any servers ... people will be treated differently. Different support, probably different SC/alaplaycurrency items, different payment methods etc. etc. Things like that are bad for a community.

I have posted twice that I have a query in for how it will affect those traveling. The obvious answer is not always the right one, and I want to do my utmost to get the right answer. Military IPs are already covered, as they register as US IPs.

Our CS is working closely with ProSiebenSat.1 CS to work toward consistency. Game content and Marketplace items are created by SOE development teams. Accounts will be handled separately, but as similarly as possible, albeit with variations in marketing promotions to suit local markets. This has always been a sticking point for our existing international customers - we could never customize things well enough, so this should be a positive change. =)

~Brasse

I apologize if the question has been answered in the many pages since this post.  What about if someone was within the EU, but used a service to route their IP out of the EU (only if that doesn't break any laws, of course) before accessing the SOE launcher?  (I'm not really sure if it would even work with a non-browser game, but it might be a possibility.)

If it is possible and doesn't violate any existing laws, perhaps this would be an alternative that would allow our EU players that wish to continue playing EQ2, while paying SOE instead of P7S.1, whom they detest.

Just food for thought,

Rotherian Facepalmer 

Necrotherian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 10:47 PM   #857
Moldylocks

Loremaster

Darktreem wrote:

Moldylocks wrote:

Darktreem wrote:

Pipsissiwa wrote:

Pipsissiwa wrote:

"EUROPEANS ...

Solidarity

Smeds latest tweet was this so things are no doubt on hold atm, and have not been finalised beforehand.

If anyone is determined not to go to PSS1, and keep in touch with SOE (not support), even if it ends up taking months, that they are still interested in SOE games but really can not stomach goiing to PSS1, then they will probably do something.

"We're not cold-hearted," he said. "We treat customers like we treat families." Those who want to make a conspiracy out of the issue or read into it miss the simple truth of the personal angle. SOE, Smedley assured me, is not a faceless bureaucracy but a group of like-minded gamers who care about the same things that its customers do.

While I appreciate that you found your happy thought as far as Smed is concerned, I think the ongoing nature of this PSS1 deal speaks otherwise.  You see, a petition with hundreds of names was given to him months ago.  Many insightful, soulful, deep posts have been made here and sent as PM's, emails, FB posts, tweets and there hasn't been any improvement.  If you've noticed, the community discontent has pretty much petered out to just a very small handful of vocal people.  All the uproar of the original firestorm is over.  Why?  Because this is now a 4 month event that has dragged on and all people are receiving is the same skipping record message.  The shock is over, people have left, the petitions and messages to Smed have been sent a loooong time ago, and nothing has changed after all that. 

So, hey, you are entitled to beleive that Smed cares about you.  I just think that if that were the case we wouldn't be here in the first place, and that when the real uproar happened it would have been painfully evident to a caring person that something needed to be reconsidered and perhaps halted months ago.

Additionally, the difference between what you linked to and what is going on here with PSS1 is a lucrative cash injection through this publishing deal.  There's no way Smed is going to toss that out the window.

Moldylocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 11:27 PM   #858
Miklaner

Loremaster

There is one thing that I really have hard time grasping how is this better?

Let me rephrase how is it better that we need Prosiebensat.1 for anything? How does it make gaming experience for us europeans better? Seems that it is more hinderance and annoyance to us than anything else.

If you would let us europeans to choose if we want to use this PSS.1 i think after they have showed us months of data that everything works we might be willing to move using their payment systems and logins as it stands now you are forcing us to use their systems not even asking the real question Do we want it or need it? And the bottom line question How is this better?

(oh dont even say that they are able to give better support and/or better localization because that statement has to be the biggest half truth in the industry.) (and localization in general is stupid for people that prefer English in games and those that have US family/friends they play with)

After reading post after post i think SoE should understand we european customers Do not want this. (and we are not willing to try unless PSS.1 can prove after months of data gathering that everything works without forcing us to use their system.) If we customers think it is better someway i think we will vote with our wallets and start using their system.

Miklaner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 04:36 AM   #859
sojurn1

Loremaster

Miklaner wrote:

I was 1 of those people that did not care about the change untill now that my subscription on station access ended and i tried to renew it. Well seems i am unable to do it since it should be covered by PSS1.(tough PSS1 says they will give similiar plan to payment but no timeframe given)

So now it bothers me since i also learned that EQ1 is not covered and i do play 3 SOE games.

I have been playing since 2001 there has been ups and downs with soe but in the end i have been reasonable happy in the end.

After Reading lot more about PSS1 i am not willing to make account or give any personal information to them if i am required to do so to continue playing EQ and EQ2 etc.. then it was nice as long as it lasted. Time for one last song before change i quess. I even looked forward for Planetside 2 and EQ next (3) (i play on US servers)

Thank you for years of entertainment.

(p.s. Localization is over rated and causes problems like these. And no i dont want to play with my native language) (i prefer english) (also restricting players playing with IP blocks area blocks etc is just wrong we live in global world let us play where we want and use service we want)

i had an station players account that they got rid off but it got upgraded to all access when the month run out and i did not renew straight away, when i did renew i lost chara slots due to it going to a regular account this locked up like 4 toons, so im adding this here to ask if any all access accounts that run out on the change will keep the char slots or if they have to pay for unlocking toons,

this is also annoying as it locks the top toons on list that could be 4 of your very faveroute toons that you just happend to not log in the day before after sifting through alts bags etc ,

As this seems more and more like a deal thats not going to get any better i wishe we could get a list from a red like this .

1*How are travelers, relocaters, military etc going to be handled(ie can switch between the 2 companies at any time )

example response we are working on this

2*will eq1 and vanguard be given grandfarther to all access players when pss1 bring that in

example we do not know

and many of the other un awnsered questions on an up dated locked post say.

but i guess i will bide my time as of yet it does not look good as if i have to make a pss1 account and relocate to the usa it will be very messy if i can not just switch back over.

So last question i guess

Will soe mirror accounts indefinet for the duration of this deal or others, incase some just decide to take a break or move country/travel a lot ?

sojurn1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 05:55 AM   #860
Darktreem

Loremaster

Moldylocks wrote:

Darktreem wrote:

Moldylocks wrote:

Darktreem wrote:

Pipsissiwa wrote:

Pipsissiwa wrote:

"EUROPEANS ...

Solidarity

While I appreciate that you found your happy thought as far as Smed is concerned, I think the ongoing nature of this PSS1 deal speaks otherwise.  You see, a petition with hundreds of names was given to him months ago.  Many insightful, soulful, deep posts have been made here and sent as PM's, emails, FB posts, tweets and there hasn't been any improvement.  If you've noticed, the community discontent has pretty much petered out to just a very small handful of vocal people.  All the uproar of the original firestorm is over.  Why?  Because this is now a 4 month event that has dragged on and all people are receiving is the same skipping record message.  The shock is over, people have left, the petitions and messages to Smed have been sent a loooong time ago, and nothing has changed after all that. 

So, hey, you are entitled to beleive that Smed cares about you.  I just think that if that were the case we wouldn't be here in the first place, and that when the real uproar happened it would have been painfully evident to a caring person that something needed to be reconsidered and perhaps halted months ago.

Additionally, the difference between what you linked to and what is going on here with PSS1 is a lucrative cash injection through this publishing deal.  There's no way Smed is going to toss that out the window.

I believe that they will do it globally and on mass scale, but if you send SOE/Smed an email, I am sure they will work something out for an individual, they will not want to lose any money. If it was to do with an ingame item they would not, and no dount they may even say "NO" to begin with, and see if you will comply, but once you keep at them, and prove they are losing money by not subbing to SOE/PSS1 or even playing their games then they will see that you are committed and do something about. They have not yet failed in the past on this matter.

When they shut down SWG servers in 2009, SOE charged $50 to move characters from closed servers after they closed. People who did not want to pay that, sent in a ticket to support, and CS transferred the characters for free. Those who did not comaplain about the $50, went through the process oblivious and paid up.

Also new EU customers can get SOE All Access, they just need to enter their country as United States, on the same initial screen that asks for your date of birth (well, this was the case at the start of the month / after SOE All ACcess was lost to the EU. SOE All Access is currently blocked by location in your account, not IP. You can only change your location by sending in a ticket to support, but that was because I accidentally set up on US instead of UK in the past.

Old 04-26-2012, 06:09 AM   #861
isest

Loremaster

Darktreem wrote:

Moldylocks wrote:

Darktreem wrote:

Pipsissiwa wrote:

Pipsissiwa wrote:

"EUROPEANS ...

Solidarity

What are you trying to pull.  I read smegs blog, and the massive article they have nothing, at all to do with the prosieben.sat1.mess.  The one article you linked had to do with smed loosing his father, sad but still has nothing to do with this mess.  The second article you linked was not a twitter, it was a massive article about eqmac and why its not been canceled.  

So why are you taking all that out of context and making it something that it is not?   As in it bears nothing to this situation at all.

isest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 07:06 AM   #862
Miklaner

Loremaster

I was happy gamer onceUntill prosieben came They took my game awayNow gloomy is my day

Miklaner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 07:09 AM   #863
Darktreem

Loremaster

isest wrote:

Darktreem wrote:

Moldylocks wrote:

Darktreem wrote:

Pipsissiwa wrote:

Pipsissiwa wrote:

"EUROPEANS ...

Solidarity

What are you trying to pull.  I read smegs blog, and the massive article they have nothing, at all to do with the prosieben.sat1.mess.  The one article you linked had to do with smed loosing his father, sad but still has nothing to do with this mess.  The second article you linked was not a twitter, it was a massive article about eqmac and why its not been canceled.  

So why are you taking all that out of context and making it something that it is not?   As in it bears nothing to this situation at all.

Smed is probably the one who makes the final decisions on what is done, and if is out on leave then there would not be much progression in the matter.

The EQ mac thing is to show that if you want things to change then email Smed, but if you do not contact him, then chances are that the PSS1 will end up not being what you want. He will not do anything if no one sends him feedback, but do not expect a reply from him straight away, he is probably on leave

Old 04-26-2012, 08:29 AM   #864
agnott

Loremaster

Miklaner wrote:

Every major change to this game was never done to benefit you or the player base.  That is why this deal and the introduction of the "Market Place"  was done without any announcement at all.

SOE needs to lay the ground work for thier future games. Part 1 is the outsourcing of EQ2 to free up resources. They call it "a publising deal"  ..but trust me it's outsourcing.  You will notice that you will never get you an answer on why they decided to do a "publishing deal" 7 years after the game came out.

The fact is the revenue is such that it's more cost effective to just let another company run the game and just get a check every month.

These things are too important to SOE for them to care if you like these decisions or not.

agnott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 09:05 AM   #865
isest

Loremaster

agnott wrote:

Miklaner wrote:

Every major change to this game was never done to benefit you or the player base.  That is why this deal and the introduction of the "Market Place"  was done without any announcement at all.

SOE needs to lay the ground work for thier future games. Part 1 is the outsourcing of EQ2 to free up resources. They call it "a publising deal"  ..but trust me it's outsourcing.  You will notice that you will never get you an answer on why they decided to do a "publishing deal" 7 years after the game came out.

The fact is the revenue is such that it's more cost effective to just let another company run the game and just get a check every month.

These things are too important to SOE for them to care if you like these decisions or not.

That is why I keep asking if and when the us server side of things are outsourced. I know we been told it is not going to happen but I can see the writing on the wall.  All you have to do is look at the fever they went though  and are going through on vangaurd to take all their games free to play, that was to help make them easier to port to the people they are courting this is so that the port will be easier with the free to play and rmt store in place.  All the company that gets it has to do is turn the key and take it over as turnkey software.

isest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 10:18 AM   #866
Pipsissiwa

Loremaster

agnott wrote:

Miklaner wrote:

The problem is, SOE still keep banging on about this deal with PSS1 being a 'good thing' for Euros and that they did it for our benefit (advertising, localisation and other stuff most of us don't want or care about).  Now 99.9% of people saw through that instantly and I guess a lot of us simply wish they'd just be honest about why this deal has happened, or at least stop telling us its beneficial for us when it quite clearly isn't (especially the All Access business).  Its just insulting now.

And the quote from Smed may well be nothing to do with this deal, but it serves to illustrate perfectly how irrelevant such quotes are in all contexts - he says what he wants the press to hear. Of course he said all that lovely fluff as he basked in praise for not ditching the Mac EQclient after all.  This deal and how the customers are being treated contradicts pretty much every word of the quote and shows how meaningless what Smed says actually is.

And he has had since Jan to do something - all that has happened that Euros are worse off and the US/Rest of World are better off. 

The example from Darktreen about CS transferring SWG toons for free when everyone who didn't contact them had to pay says it all.  SOE should have told its players they could do it for free/offered that to everyone, rather than happily keeping it quiet and taking the $50 left right and centre from all those who didn't think to contact CS.  Words fail me. How is this an example of SOE doing the right thing by its customers?

As for travellers, last we had were several 'We've made a note of/passed on the question's and they were some time ago.

And the last we heard about using a proxy to appear to be logging in from the US was some faint murmurings about being against the EULA or something or other, which means you could be in trouble if they catch you, assuming they actually bother to check.  Worth a shot tho if its a route you're happy to take.

Fuse Guild Leader

"Everquester"

Old 04-26-2012, 01:19 PM   #867
SOE-MOD-02

Community Moderator

This post has moved: /eq2/posts/preList.m?topic_id=49996...post_id=5750368 Political discussion is not permitted on these forums.
Old 04-27-2012, 08:10 AM   #868
Pipsissiwa

Loremaster

Just for the record, I have again exercised my consumer rights and re-contacted consumer groups here in the UK, and BBC Watchdog.  This time I have concentrated on and specifically described the All Access Pass issue, which is more likely to get their attention than the muddle of other (although also very important) issues involved here that I described before. 

The 'change of service' (as SOE euphemistically describes it) will result in huge numbers of loyal and new players having to pay significantly more (we're not talking a couple of dollars here) than others for the same game subscriptions just because they live in Europe.  This is made even more unacceptable by the fact that the U.S. and Rest of World players are completely unaffected and will be paying the same (give or take future normal price rises - a couple of dollars tops usually).

I may get nowhere, but it took a few minutes of my time and 'nothing ventured' as they say.  I primarily only hope that the organisations I have contacted at least help to spread the word about this hugely unfair inequality and rip-off.  Anything more would be a bonus.

Peace and Solidarity

Fuse Guild Leader

"Everquester"

Old 04-27-2012, 07:31 PM   #869
sojurn1

Loremaster

Pips i posted a lil way up your concerened about all access ontop of other things did you catch what i put. i had a station players account it got upgradded to all access when they got rid of that type of sub to cut it short, when i could not renew i had 4 toons LOCKED and i am wondering if soe will honer the all acseess extra toon slots when the eu players can not re sub it on the change etc . ps wondering if any others got toons locked when they could not re sub all access
sojurn1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 09:00 PM   #870
EevylX

Loremaster

I just received email saying DCUO is being transferred in 30-60 days time. All Access customers should be safe until Pro... gets their multi-game plan, which should happen once Pro.. gets all the SOE games they are going to get, which could take more than a year if each game takes 60 days to migrate.

They should at least bring back All Access until Pro.. gets their multi-game plan, to take it away already is the lowest thing SOE has ever done.

I am loving having to pay £36 instead of £14, when I know that US players can keep paying only $20/£14 - NOT!

EevylX is offline   Reply With Quote