EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Class Discussion > Scout's Den > Swashbuckler
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 01-25-2005, 01:37 PM   #1
Glorfindel

General

25 swashy here, and I had my heart set on getting Unfriendly Reminder Adept3... I had harvested the rare and made it into ink and all... then I saw the Adept1 on the broker and had to go with that =/ Any other skills 20-29 worth upgrading?
Glorfindel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2005, 03:27 PM   #2
jay

Well, I am currently lvl 27 and have harvested a rare aswell to upgrade a skill to Adept3. I am going with Snap of the Wrist. I choose it since its one of the only high damage hits  i have that you don't have to be flanking the enemy, so I figure that I will get allot of use out of it for the next while.
jay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2005, 03:32 PM   #3
Glorfindel

General

Anyone know if Snap of teh Wrist is better/worse than the lvl 20 training Quick Flurry upgrade? I have not yet gotten this CA.
Old 01-25-2005, 04:07 PM   #4
Derg

Swarty's Distraction is best cause it will never get replaced
It is said that the civilized man seeks out good and intelligent company, so that by learned discourse, he may rise above the savage, and be closer to God. Personally, however, I like to start the day with a total [Removed for Content] to remind me that I'm best.
Derg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2005, 07:46 PM   #5
Crono1321

Loremaster

Dergon wrote:

Is that really good? Because I keep self preservation on instead of casting that every round on a mob.
Old 01-25-2005, 08:44 PM   #6
Derg

Crono1321 wrote:

Dergon wrote:

Is that really good? Because I keep self preservation on instead of casting that every round on a mob.

Yep used it a lot when duoing with a cleric to keep agro on her
It is said that the civilized man seeks out good and intelligent company, so that by learned discourse, he may rise above the savage, and be closer to God. Personally, however, I like to start the day with a total [Removed for Content] to remind me that I'm best.
Derg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2005, 01:37 AM   #7
Naggyba

Don't waste it on swashy distraction. I never use it anymore. I used it for a bit when it was blue but, that was it. It's useless after awhile. Get a good tank and you are set. I don't know if it ever really worked.The training skill is better than snap of the wrist. At least it seemed to be for me. Try it and see when you get snap.Save the ink. It's a waste to get adept 3 of your skills, only to have them replaced in 14 levels.If I was gonna use that ink, it would have been for unfriendly reminder.Since you have adept 1 though, just keep adept 1 of it.Wait till 29 or so and use it for playful swipe or nimble cut or flurry of arms.Personally, i have waited till my 40s when nothing else is upgraded before I started with adept 3s because of cost. I know then i will get the use out of it and it will not be redered useless in a few levels.IMHO

Message Edited by Naggybait on 01-25-2005 03:38 PM

Naggyba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2005, 06:01 AM   #8
Glorfindel

General

I got Unfriendly Reminder because it was no longer on the broker list later last night and I figured hey, I got the rare for free, made the ink myself and passed it off to a jeweler friend to make for me, might as well upgrade my biggest-dmg skill; I don't need the money bad enough that I would need to sell it anyway. I also already have Swarthy Distraction Adept1.

Message Edited by Glorfindel85 on 01-25-2005 05:04 PM

Old 01-26-2005, 05:39 PM   #9
Lut

General

Naggybait wrote:
Personally, i have waited till my 40s when nothing else is upgraded before I started with adept 3s because of cost. I know then i will get the use out of it and it will not be redered useless in a few levels.

IMHO

Same. I did not waste my gold on abilities that were gonna become replaced, iv'e managed to be in atleast the number 2 spot dealing out dmg in my groups as well. Though normally number 1 (unless I am the lowest lvl DPS of the group.

Message Edited by Luthy on 01-26-2005 07:40 AM

Old 01-26-2005, 06:01 PM   #10
Glorfindel

General

I just harvested another Palladium tonight. Don't know whether to sell or get another Adept3 made. I have Playful Swipe Adept1 in the bank and I got Hanns' Foil Storm at lvl 20, which I hear is better than Snap of the Wrist anyway. I'll wait and see if I think any of the other T3 skills are worth upgrading.

P.S. I didn't waste any gold, just used a harvest I had gotten myself.

Message Edited by Glorfindel85 on 01-26-2005 05:03 AM

Old 01-26-2005, 07:50 PM   #11
Draigo

Loremaster

not wasting my money going to wait until skills are not replaced = 40

Putting the rat in Norrath

Draigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2005, 10:18 PM   #12
Glorfindel

General

I don't see it as a waste of money, since I harvested the rare myself, have the work done for free, and don't need the money for gear. Just want to know what the next-biggest dmg skill is for 20-29 after Unfriendly Reminder.
Old 01-26-2005, 10:39 PM   #13
Naggyba

I would have to say Flurry of arms. It can do some nice damage spread over 3 hits.After that, probably Nimble Cut or Playful Swipe.Preferably one that is hard to find adept 1 for.
Old 01-27-2005, 02:11 AM   #14
Glorfindel

General

Naggybait wrote:
I would have to say Flurry of arms. It can do some nice damage spread over 3 hits.

After that, probably Nimble Cut or Playful Swipe.

Preferably one that is hard to find adept 1 for.

Thanks. I already have the Playful Swipe Adept1 banked - I'll see if I find the other 2.
Old 01-27-2005, 04:06 AM   #15
NicolasKL

Loremaster

Draigo wrote:

I'm sure groups love you having App1 in everything and gear that is probably substandard.
NicolasKL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2005, 11:22 PM   #16
Naggyba

NicolasKL wrote:

Draigo wrote:not wasting my money going to wait until skills are not replaced = 40
I'm sure groups love you having App1 in everything and gear that is probably substandard.
What part of that statement lead you to believe he was using app1s? To me, all he said was, he was saving his money for adept 3s for when his skills were no longer being replaced. At least that's what the main discussion was about.

Message Edited by Naggybait on 01-27-2005 01:23 PM

Old 01-28-2005, 05:38 AM   #17
Glorfindel

General

Naggybait wrote:

NicolasKL wrote:

Draigo wrote:

What part of that statement lead you to believe he was using app1s? To me, all he said was, he was saving his money for adept 3s for when his skills were no longer being replaced. At least that's what the main discussion was about.

Message Edited by Naggybait on 01-27-2005 01:23 PM

Indeed. And I looted a Flurry of Arms Adept 1, so looks like I'm just gonna sell teh palladium.