EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Class Discussion > Fighter's Arena > Bruiser
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 06-01-2005, 05:34 PM   #1
DecisiveFor

I have a new frog, decided their abilities leads in the Brawler direction. I have read quite a few Brawler, Bruiser & Monk threads but can't quite get the essence of the characters.

So:

1 What's the key difference between Bruiser & Monk?
2 Which would suit the froglok & why?
3 Or should I go for a Pally to get "frog on horse" laughs (sorry joke)

Thanks.

He who dies with the most toys wins!
DecisiveFor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2005, 06:18 PM   #2
kildarn

I have a 45 bruiser and have been spending a lot of time duo'ed and grouped with a 45 monk.  We talk about our traits and abilities all the time.  Monks and bruisers are very very similar.  We both tank the same with the monk maybe being a little better suited for taking abuse.  We both put out a very good amount of damage but the bruiser seems to do a little bit more in that area.  As for actual differences....

1.  Self heal.  Bruiser's heal does more hps, is self only and recasts every 90 seconds.  Monks have a 5 min recast timer, do less hps but can heal group members with it.

2. AoE taunts.  Bruisers have a fear attached to their AoE taunt which can be hard to control at times.  Monks get upgraded versions of the original shout skill as an AoE taunt.

3. Self buffs.  Bruisers have some very nice +skill buffs like +20 fist skill or +defense skill.  Monks have some very nice haste buffs.

If you notice from my original comments the 3rd difference tends to make things a little more balanced between the two and makes it so either can fill a dps or tank role.  Sorry I can't answer any other questions because I don't know jack about the froggies and hate palladins  SMILEY

kildarn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2005, 10:40 PM   #3
ganjookie

Loremaster

DecisiveForce wrote:
1 What's the key difference between Bruiser & Monk?
2 Which would suit the froglok & why?
3 Or should I go for a Pally to get "frog on horse" laughs (sorry joke)

1. Monks are more Defensive in Nature; whereas Bruisers are more offensive.  Both rely upon avoidance (agility) for defense rather then mitigation, although you probably already knew that. 2. Either subclass would suit a frog, depending if you want to betray Qeynos or not.  Race plays NO factor in a character.  Stats at begining are to small to make a difference, high levels your stats are maxxed out by gear. 3. No, Pallys suck SMILEY [edit: grammar and spelling]

Message Edited by ganjookie on 06-01-2005 11:40 AM

Old 06-02-2005, 10:39 AM   #4
Redbed

Loremaster

Choose Monk.

Cause I hate you and all your slimy, smelly, fly eating kind.  Everytime I see one of you hopping around and not being able to attack and rip you to pieces its like life kicks me in the balls really hard.

So become a monk and maybe when the Desert of Rho expansion comes out we can have lunch or something in the arena.  I think we'll be having Battered Frog legs that day.  Dont bother to bring a fork, you wont be eating. 

Hell what do I care, become a bruiser and Ill still want to kick your [expletive ninja'd by Faarbot].  Be a Warlock....makes no differance.  Ill still hate you.
Redbed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2005, 12:30 PM   #5
DecisiveFor

See you in the arena!

He who dies with the most toys wins!
DecisiveFor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2005, 05:02 PM   #6
CaradosC

Loremaster

Hello and wc to brawles class SMILEY Imho two classes are so close to one another that the main question and thing at deciding which one you'll take is whether you want to be Quyenos or Freeportian character. There might be bigger difference after combat revamp but until those changes hit at least test server we can only make bad guesses. So I'd say make your pick based on the city you want to live.
CaradosC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 09:58 PM   #7
jay777

Lorekeeper

LOL What a freak.

jay777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 10:54 PM   #8
Conandar

Loremaster

Major necro post here!  Please check dates before posting, kthx.

Conandar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 01:32 AM   #9
jay777

Lorekeeper

Just expressing my opinion, dont matter to me how old it is.

jay777 is offline   Reply With Quote