EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Support Forums > Tech Area > Voice Chat Support
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 07-18-2012, 08:15 PM   #1
Jarvahl

Loremaster

Issue: EQ2 was working great on my main gaming pc using the motherboard sound from Realtek for almost a year. Voice chat worked great. My motherboard crashed and they replaced it. The analog sound didn't work on the new one, so I disabled it and bought a sound card using a c-media 8738 6 channel chip. It works fine in Windows. Audio is great. My headset works great including the microphone. Sounds works great in EQ2. Voice chat doesn't. I deinstalled and reinstalled EQ2 from scratch. Same issues.

This is what happens. When I go to options and voice chat. The message says "Windows shows your Mic to be properly configured". When I click the Record (10 sec) button, nothing happens. When I click the test mic button, nothing happens. Same thing no matter what the input and output devices are set to.

When I click to join my guild channel, it immediately tells me "You've left voice channel 'guild'". So I don't know what else to do. EQ2 voice chat works fine on my other 2 computers. All run Windows 7.

Device name: C-Media PCI audio device

Device Driver version: 7.12.8.1740

Operating System: Windows 7 pro 64 bit 

Sound card: Element group(?) CC-SC6C

Sound Card driver: not sure what you need here?

Jorakkal 63 Ogre Berserker
Jarvahl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 08:27 PM   #2
TSR-AlexS

Customer Service

Jarvahl wrote:

Issue: EQ2 was working great on my main gaming pc using the motherboard sound from Realtek for almost a year. Voice chat worked great. My motherboard crashed and they replaced it. The analog sound didn't work on the new one, so I disabled it and bought a sound card using a c-media 8738 6 channel chip. It works fine in Windows. Audio is great. My headset works great including the microphone. Sounds works great in EQ2. Voice chat doesn't. I deinstalled and reinstalled EQ2 from scratch. Same issues.

This is what happens. When I go to options and voice chat. The message says "Windows shows your Mic to be properly configured". When I click the Record (10 sec) button, nothing happens. When I click the test mic button, nothing happens. Same thing no matter what the input and output devices are set to.

When I click to join my guild channel, it immediately tells me "You've left voice channel 'guild'". So I don't know what else to do. EQ2 voice chat works fine on my other 2 computers. All run Windows 7.

Device name: C-Media PCI audio device

Device Driver version: 7.12.8.1740

Operating System: Windows 7 pro 64 bit 

Sound card: Element group(?) CC-SC6C

Sound Card driver: not sure what you need here?

Hello Jarvahl! I'm sorry you're having voice chat issues in the game. There's a possibility that your voice chat .ini files were corrupted so please follow the instructions below to possibly fix your issue.

You may want to make backups and then delete the following files and folders in your EverQuest 2 directory:  cache folder (does not apply to Steam users)  eq2_recent.ini  eq2_default.ini  EverQuest2.exe  eq2.iniAs well as the character specific files, these will appear as follows:  __EQ2_uisettings.ini  _characters.iniNext, delete the configuration files/folder by following these instructions:  1. Open the EverQuest II LaunchPad. (Do not login at this time.)  2. Click Advance Tools, Open Game Directory, then close the LaunchPad.  3. Look for any files explained above and delete them.  4. Close all open folders and restart EverQuest II using the LaunchPad to login and play.If deleting these files does not resolve your issue, you can restore your backed up files and folders and retain your hotkeys, contact lists, and display settings.

If you continue to have issues, then please submit a support ticket so we can further assist you.

Voice Chat Troubleshooting Guide

Technical Support Representative

Sony Online Entertainment

How to Contact Support:

https://help.station.sony.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/28939

How to Create a DXDIAG/MSINFO

https://help.station.sony.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/28973
TSR-AlexS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 02:59 PM   #3
Jarvahl

Loremaster

I did everything as listed, and same issue. The record button does nothing when pressed. Try to join guild chat, and same message.

Jorakkal 63 Ogre Berserker
Jarvahl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 09:30 PM   #4
TSR-AlexS

Customer Service

Jarvahl wrote:

I did everything as listed, and same issue. The record button does nothing when pressed. Try to join guild chat, and same message.

I'm sorry your still encountering issues with voice chat. At this point, you may want to submit a support ticket to our technical support team can further assist you. Please include your Dxdiag and Msinfo to expedite the process (Instructions are in my signature below)

Technical Support Representative

Sony Online Entertainment

How to Contact Support:

https://help.station.sony.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/28939

How to Create a DXDIAG/MSINFO

https://help.station.sony.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/28973
TSR-AlexS is offline   Reply With Quote