EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Chains of Eternity Beta > General (CoE Beta) > User Interface
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 10-24-2012, 10:04 PM   #1
Maergoth

Loremaster

As it stands, the new spells build up stacks. However, unless you are staring at your maintained window, or your buff window for some classes, you won't know when they max out.

There really needs to be a window for your stacks, or a text message or sound when you cap out on stacks.

My suggestion is to put the number of charges as an overlay on top of the button itself on the hotbar. Or maybe find a way to flash it somehow when it has max stacks.

Anything to make it more obvious please.

Jaraxx tells you, 'Why did you die? Man up. Ask for DI from your priests'

You tell Jaraxx, 'I had a "save" running..'

http://tinyurl.com/PaladinFeedback
Maergoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 03:15 PM   #2
Terrogaunt

Developer

We might be able to add some sort of option for flashing. At one point, I was making icons bigger if they were incrementing lol. You can play around with that with cl_target_icon_size_stacking, but that code is currently only on detrimentals or target window (I can't remember which) and might look wonky. If you have any ideas to make it obvious, feel free to PM me or keep posting them here.

Terrogaunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 03:53 PM   #3
Maergoth

Loremaster

Well, when a heroic opportunity is triggered, it flashes the icon like "Hey, use this!"

I don't think it should be identical, but there is code buried in there somehow that could probably be used to apply a different type of effect to a specific button.

Maybe apply an "inner glow" type photoshop effect of increasing intensity on anything that benefits from stacks, and have it flash when it's at full charges.

Even if you had to just steal the heroic opportunity icon effect, I doubt anyone would even be upset. No one really uses those anyway.

There's just nothing worse than looking away from your buff window to do something, then looking back and wondering how long you've been trying to build up charges on a capped stack.

Jaraxx tells you, 'Why did you die? Man up. Ask for DI from your priests'

You tell Jaraxx, 'I had a "save" running..'

http://tinyurl.com/PaladinFeedback
Maergoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 04:03 PM   #4
Lethlian

Lord

Actually I was thinking if possible have the combat art in question keep a small white number inside its CA or spell box (i.e like the buff window)  on our hotbar windows and then when maxed have it blink / flash / glow (i.e like when say wreak havoc refreshes sniper shot) so we know when to cast or hit the next appropriate CA or Spell.

Also ontop of that suggested idea make it so we have three places to find those que(s) 1. Maintained window 2. Buff window 3. hotbar for spell(s) and CA(s)

Respectfully,

Lethlian

Lethlian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 11:43 PM   #5
lodgepark8485

Loremaster

Something quick to see on the Hotbars definately!!! but not sure if thatd apply well for every class.

lodgepark8485 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 03:21 AM   #6
Xenxex
Server: Antonia Bayle
Guild: Azure Skies

Loremaster

Reuse timers built into the hotbars on abilities would be cool too

Xenxex is offline   Reply With Quote