EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Class Discussion > Fighter's Arena > Bruiser
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 11-11-2011, 02:31 PM   #31
alabama

Loremaster

Bruener wrote:

alabama wrote:

and if our deathsave was passive like everyone else

Great idea.  Lower the triggers, make it uncastable in combat, and put some more limitations on it like you have to have a group alive for it to trigger and it drains health from group members.

im picking up your sarcasm buddy...however if it was passive why would i need to cast it during combat...wouldnt i just cast it before and wait for it to fire off instead of having it never fire off because my heal procs save me after i use it and then my triggers wear off before it gets used..ya thought so....

continue on im sure then next one will be highly witty as well.

Smokejumper: "The monthly subscription fee means players can expect a lot of new content from us. And I say a lot - I really mean that. This is something that we feel obligated to the players, because they are paying monthly sub fee."

alabama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 02:36 PM   #32
alabama

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

Bruener wrote:

alabama wrote:

Great idea.  Lower the triggers, make it uncastable in combat, and put some more limitations on it like you have to have a group alive for it to trigger and it drains health from group members.

His suggestions were pretty aburd and OP. In all honest ALL DEATH saves should have one trigger with a duration no longer then 45 secs and at least a 5 min base recast in combat. Death saves in general are bad design for a game to make it challenging by forcing tanks to die.

Combat mastery was never up for 20 secs and it is still a very strong ability.

cm was 20 or very close to it in beta sir you are incorrect.

and my ideas arent any worse then half the crap bruener troll posts consistantly...but at least im in my own classes board

Smokejumper: "The monthly subscription fee means players can expect a lot of new content from us. And I say a lot - I really mean that. This is something that we feel obligated to the players, because they are paying monthly sub fee."

alabama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 04:58 PM   #33
Controlor

Loremaster

alabama wrote:

Bruener wrote:

alabama wrote:

im picking up your sarcasm buddy...however if it was passive why would i need to cast it during combat...wouldnt i just cast it before and wait for it to fire off instead of having it never fire off because my heal procs save me after i use it and then my triggers wear off before it gets used..ya thought so....

continue on im sure then next one will be highly witty as well.

The simple fact that if it was passive would be a 3 trigger death save with no downfall. Yah that is not going to happen.

Currently SK's are a 2 trigger death save (after focus) that require at least 1 other person (it might be 2 other people not sure) in order for it to function. And when it goes off it drains life from people in group. They can not cast it in combat.

Paladins is a 1 trigger death save that has "no downside". That is of course after 1 focus and 3 aa spent to prevent it from stunning you for 15 seconds. It also is only 75% heal or so (which is plenty but still not 100%). It is castable in combat on a long reuse. 

So yah a 3 trigger stoneskin with no downside is OP if it is permentant. Even if it is not able to be cast in combat.

As to the point of "why would i cast it in combat". You are aware that once the triggers are all used you wont have a death save. At least i am hoping you are aware of it. So once it is down you are waiting for the reuse or are SOL. Many times it will go down after mob gets a lucky hit off on me and not even from a big aoe. Than i am sitting there anxiously waiting for the reuse (as a paladin believe it is 5 min base reuse) to come back and HOPE i dont get a killing blow against me durring the time my death save is down.

Controlor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 02:44 AM   #34
Gungo

Loremaster

alabama wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

Bruener wrote:

alabama wrote:

His suggestions were pretty aburd and OP. In all honest ALL DEATH saves should have one trigger with a duration no longer then 45 secs and at least a 5 min base recast in combat. Death saves in general are bad design for a game to make it challenging by forcing tanks to die.

Combat mastery was never up for 20 secs and it is still a very strong ability.

cm was 20 or very close to it in beta sir you are incorrect.

and my ideas arent any worse then half the crap bruener troll posts consistantly...but at least im in my own classes board

Sir I am not incorrect like every beta i was there it was never 20 secs it was 18 secs originally and nerfed before it went live after testing showed it was going to be Op in raids at that length.

Gungo is offline   Reply With Quote