EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Terrors of Thalumbra Beta > General Beta Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 10-27-2015, 07:39 PM   #1
Alexic

The over 1 million platinum needed to fully infuse a full set of gear will be the death knell if the cost is not greatly curtailed is there any agreement with my thinking?
Old 10-27-2015, 07:43 PM   #2
Rainmare

I agree the cost gets astronomical really fast. either the success chance needs to be massively higher, or the plat cost needs to be massively lower. by the time I got 2 successul infusions, I had spent 20500p
Rainmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2015, 07:53 PM   #3
Pauly

glad I never got into min/max.. always seemed like a pointless exercise when gear is replaced continually. Why put a few thousand plat into a piece that will be replaced in the next expansion?
Pauly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2015, 07:58 PM   #4
tkb24

Hmmm if u buy the infusion it costs plat but if u have an infusion item (infuser) it cost nothing.
Old 10-28-2015, 08:01 AM   #5
Mermut

The infuser 'pool' of upgrades and the plat 'pool' are different. You can fill both.
Mermut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2015, 08:01 AM   #6
kluxor

Tkb24....you can infuse by plats AND dropped/crafted/quested infusions

Plat side needs to be adjusted or else it very few people will ever use it and the idea of it being a play sink will be for nothing
Old 10-28-2015, 08:18 AM   #7
Beee

27k Platin <> 1 Krono
so please tell me that a necessary investment of 700k Platin <> 25 Krono is not Pay2Win Eek

And ist's not an investment forever (like grandmaster spells), it ist temporary.because the items will be replaced within the expa

=> Too expensive
Beee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2015, 08:24 AM   #8
Boli

the way I read it there were two sides... one side was gear OR plat the other side was crafted item OR plat ?

so plat is a shortcut but not the only way ?
Old 10-28-2015, 08:31 AM   #9
Arco

Make the plat increase after successful infusion much higher, and don't let the plat increase on failure to infuse...

Plat cost increasing on every attempt just makes it insanely expensive very quickly... I feel for anyone who raids with multiple guilds.

...or stop having two separate pools... I don't mind plat sinks or minor pay to win... but I feel the option should simply be "spend lots of plat" or "spend a lot of time grinding"... not both.
Old 10-28-2015, 08:43 AM   #10
Cleitus

I agree that DBG really needs to SERIOUSLY reevaluate the infusion system. Especially the platinum side of it. The cost is astronomical. I would never use the plat option on any item that I thought would be upgraded in the near future. I'm never buying a bunch of krono to fund infusing. That's just me though, maybe they are betting on people doing exactly that.

Even the non-plat infusion options are pretty complex/ confusing at best, with the different upgrade "layers" and duplicate items starting with random infusions already applied when looted. It will require an extreme amount scrutinization for every item looted to determine what stats have already been modified and how they might be upgraded to best suit your character. The 100% chance infusers to all stats that I've seen as beta rewards seem like a more straightforward option but even those I would just stockpile throughout the expac until my gear was somewhat stabilized upgrade- wise.

I would ask the devs to please rework this system to be a bit simpler and less pay to win.
Old 10-29-2015, 12:03 AM   #11
Alexic

Now I know why they did away with PvP servers. The cost to infuse a set of gear would have raid guilds camping quest turn in sites to mug people of thier Plat/possible infusers smh Game is becoming more Pay to Win day by day.
Old 10-29-2015, 04:18 AM   #12
Loran

Also, that math on Krono isn't taking into account that they'll be worth less as you go unless you manage to offload them all at once and no one else has the same idea. The reason being that as there is less plat on the server the Krono will be worth less though still retain its relative value.
Old 10-29-2015, 05:32 AM   #13
Tynon

I strongly agree that they costs should be lowered, or either have the plat rates increased like how PR use to be... It would be nice! Many of us don't have the time to go do heroics and raids for SLR's etc to make the plat for infusions which is gonna kill us at the end.
Old 10-29-2015, 12:44 PM   #14
Brax

Too expensive? I don't think so. You don't have to max out your equipment. Its your personal decision.
Brax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2015, 01:12 PM   #15
Materfarmer

It's not really an expense issue imo. It's reward vs expense. With the advantages of being able to get plat from Beta buffers I plat infused the TS relic fully. After 77K I was rewarded with +88 to STA, +8 to CB, +11 to Pot, and +400 to AM. That is obviously an issue. I could see getting returns like that for around 1K if you are talking about a throw away min/max situation but for a MAJOR new game mechanic even at 1K those rewards for the money spent do not justify themselves
Materfarmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2015, 01:21 PM   #16
Marcelius

I agree with Brax it is a choice you are going to make.
a side effect of the f2p model, you have the haves and the have nots, the way it is unfortunately
Old 10-29-2015, 01:50 PM   #17
Lera

Requiring in-game currency for something is not pay-to-win.
Lera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2015, 01:51 PM   #18
q-ruf

maybe this system is actually ment to be viable for more then just one expansion and survive future platin inflations to come.
i have absolutely no problem with is being that expensive for the minor gain it gives.
imo it wold be far more troubling if if gave double the bonuses for half the money because at that point its starting to force people to use it.
if i get an item that is really good or even best in slot i may dump 20k plat into it until i find that any further gain is to costly. my item will maybe be a few percent better then soneones who did not want to spend that amont of plat and a few percent worse then someones who spent double or triple the amount.
as soon as the bonuses get to substantial thats where i see the problem...
same with the tithe xp... only people who grind an insane amount of xp will be able to get it maxed. i am not one of those people but i get decent bonuses for the first few hundred points and those who want to invest the time can still have a little something for all the time they invest in the game.
Old 10-29-2015, 02:13 PM   #19
Akina_Storms

at this point, a so high cost for a so minor gain...
so basicaly noone will use it...
why put so much time in dev?
just don't do it if there no use.
Akina_Storms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2015, 02:31 PM   #20
Mandoblast

The gains may seem minimal when taking into consideration one slot, but there are 21 slots. If one item was +88sta +8CB +11POT +400AB then 21 items could potentially be +1,848STA, +168CB +231POT +8,400AB. Not too shabby. And that is just the plat side. The other side can increase stats as well.

I really only have 2 issues with the infusion plat side:

1. The cost of the infusion goes up even if you fail. Maybe make this so that the cost only rises if it succeeeds?
2. If I fully infuse an item with plat, then replace it, I have to infuse the new item. Maybe reclaim part of the cost back somehow?

Clearly this mechanic is meant to be long term. 90% of the EQ2 population does not have thousands of plat lying around for this system. It will likely take me the whole expac to plat infuse my gear and maybe not even then.
Old 10-29-2015, 02:52 PM   #21
Akina_Storms

yes it's not that minima in grand total,
but if you can only afford in the expac life time only 1/2 item upgrade, it's indeed minimal. (i earned only 20KPP during the life time of AoM).

i'd say it's good if you needed an average of 6 months to fully upgrade a set.
Akina_Storms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2015, 03:15 PM   #22
q-ruf

upgrading an item to only 50% of the maximum bonus is waaaaaaay cheaper and you still get half of the bonus.
its probably still way to expensive to really start upgrading anything but best in slot (or close to that) items for more than a few levels.

the cost not increasing when the upgraid fails is a good idea if they want the overall price to go down. and it would remove the double punish of having bad luck...
Old 10-29-2015, 03:50 PM   #23
Sigrdrifa

DUDES! Infusers will drop in dungeons, and crafters can MAKE infusers. This isn't a thing where you have to stand there and pay your cash for a 10% chance. The dropped and mastercrafted infusers appear to have a 100% chance upgrade, andyway, so more bang for the buck.

Breathe!
Old 10-29-2015, 05:03 PM   #24
Materfarmer

I understand the point about dropped/crafted infusers. That part seems quite reasonable as hundreds of failures over a whole set of gear will occur. My point is even with the sum total bonus being good the cost is to high. I would wager the percentage of people who can spend 1.5M+ even over the life of several expacs is so small as to make the entire system unobtainable. Although it just occurred to me maybe that is the point. This might be the end game equivalent of raiding except for the 1%s financially instead.
Materfarmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2015, 06:46 PM   #25
Schmetterling

I also seam to remember something from the first live screen there are daybreak cash items you can use to make infusions
guarantied so those people that have the cash can buy the success from the market place
Schmetterling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2015, 07:52 PM   #26
Caith

Developer

You remember incorrectly.
Caith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2015, 02:31 AM   #27
Trivursar

In all seriousness, the gain isn't minimal at all. A fully infused 2-hander gains upward of 20 potency at the end of a plat infusion. Now, do that across the board for all your gear and jewelry, and include CB and STA and Ability mod. Minimal gain? No. Not in the slightest. Now, even being a relatively casual player, to have that much more STA/CB/POT/Abil Mod is pretty sweet, considering I don't have access to the raid gear due to IRL time schedules. A fully plat infused set of gear/jewelry cost me just under 800k platinum. That's literally just half the infusion potential...

tl;dr - cut the cost exponentially, remove plat spent on infusion fails...
Old 10-30-2015, 03:01 AM   #28
Tabri

I dont understand why you would need to spend any plat at all. The infusers drop in the Advanced solo zones, they can be made by crafters, will be in raid zones etc. I have so many right now(and I dont feel I have done that much in the beta yet) that they filled my 48 slot main bank slot and they stack. Only way you would need to spend plat is if your greedy or impatient.

I do not know if there is a cap as to how far you can upgrade an item also because I tried to keep putting infusers for cb/pot into a quest piece of armor and it wouldnt allow me to put any more into it. So Im assuming that quest gear caps to a point, as does heroic, raid etc?
Tabri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2015, 03:06 AM   #29
Cleitus

Because as has been mentioned multiple times in this thread, the plat infusion and crafted/ dropped infusion works off of two entirely separate stat pools. If you use the crafted/ dropped infusions to the max, then you have only infused the item 50% of what is possible.
Old 10-30-2015, 03:09 AM   #30
Trivursar

Just incase you miss this, what I said in my post, or any future posts.

It's also for anyone else who misses this, what I said in my post, or any future posts......