EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Altar of Malice Beta > General Beta Discussion (AoM Beta)
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 10-23-2014, 10:24 PM   #1
The Jones

"Elite Battle-Mystic Mercenary"

How can we test this merc? A strong merc with solid AI is the only reason I would purchase the CE version of the expansion. The extra fluff is cool of course, but it doesn't interest me personally.
The Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2014, 11:16 PM   #2
Anghammarad

the point would be, does he heal better and cure than the others...

I currently use Stompy and one Archon Construct, because they are the only 2 that cure.
Anghammarad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2014, 11:48 PM   #3
Elinea

Bdorn is a pretty reliable curer as well, I've found.
Elinea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2014, 02:37 AM   #4
Lodrelhai

If nothing else, Afista has said upgrading to the CE from the Standard can be done at any time. Since there's no pre-order discount, there's no rush to get the CE. Wait for feedback from folks who do get it, and then decide?
Lodrelhai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2014, 10:52 AM   #5
Deago

They said somewhere it will hold up well in the new heroic zones. I would assume it would be very powerful in the older (even current) zones then? Must heal well and have very nice dps/mitigation for all that mess.

Or...it could be the new crit system going into effect will play a part with the new merc having some really nice crits?

I would laugh if getting a mythical crit is so rare they put in an audio like the old killer instincts "ultra! ultra! ultra!"....can hear it now ..."mythical! mythical! mythical!..." lol
Deago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2014, 09:12 PM   #6
Lacutis

The price of the CE is ridiculous. I am on a fixed income and while I would love to have the CE as I have with most expansions, this one is so out of reach price-wise that I may just quit the game altogether. I am a day one player but the price gauging and bait and switch tactics I have seen in the last couple years has really gotten under my skin.
Lacutis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2014, 09:05 PM   #7
Griffon Lady

I've seen 4 or 5 willing to spend an additional $50 for a handful of items added to the $40 for the whoooooooole expansion. What are the chances of them willing to part with the info once they realise they've been had?
Griffon Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2014, 11:22 PM   #8
Sisca

Pretty good probably, I figure it'll be up on Zam or the Wiki on day 1. If not there then someone in the forums, probably ranting that they're not much better than X while someone else is saying they're 10x better than the same X.

I'm still going back and forth on it. Having the merc & mount for all of my alts would be pretty nice but I'm not sure I have to have it on day 1. If I did pick it up I'd be glad to pass along stats & my impression of it.
Sisca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2014, 12:12 AM   #9
Jacun

Ugh mercs. Is really all I can say about them. Ive been trying to think of more but theyre just a let down
Jacun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2014, 12:34 AM   #10
Pixilicious

Tried the new inq merc and LOVE it !
Pixilicious is offline   Reply With Quote