EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Altar of Malice Beta > Class Discussion (AoM Beta) > Tradeskills (AoM Beta)
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 10-08-2014, 07:14 PM   #1
Kirakesh

The new harvest are marked 96 - 105 and the pack pony and goblin option is 90 - 99. I am wondering if they are gonna be changed to be able to get the new tier of resources. I send them out and they bring back resources labeled as 90 - 99. I also wonder if the resources are gonna be changed to 90 - 95. I know alot of crafters who use pack ponys and goblins to help gather resources when a new tier comes out so this was the first thing i checked when coming to beta.
Kirakesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2014, 08:29 AM   #2
Caith

Developer

Yes, the pack pony, gathering goblin, and guild harvesters will all be updated. I don't have an ETA, but it will be done sometime during beta.
Caith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2014, 12:42 PM   #3
Stealthmode

If possible, please make the updated ponies/goblins/harvesters require a quest such as "a gathering obsession beyond the grave" was. Those quests garnered a lot of rare mats for me while doing them. And wasnt too much of a chore (although I could kill Qho for making me run all over the Great Divide for samples and souveneirs *) ).
Stealthmode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2014, 03:03 PM   #4
Deveryn

Why would you ask for such a thing? Eek They already said the last GO quest was the final one. Why do you wish more torture on us and yourself? Tongue
Deveryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2014, 04:50 PM   #5
Tylia

I "dislike" your post with 3 thumbs down! Qho grew up. I hired him and sent him in to battle, just to watch him die. Repeatedly. Don't take away my fun! Wink
Tylia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2014, 05:04 PM   #6
Stealthmode

Because its fun! Besides it would kinda rob the history/lore and would break the chain of the pack pony if you were just handed a tier 10 capable pack pony.
Old 10-14-2014, 05:37 PM   #7
Mermut

We've never had to do another quest for new tiers of materials from the pony. The 'extra' quests were for the ponies getting rares and holiday mats, not new 'regular' harvests.
Mermut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2014, 05:40 PM   #8
Stealthmode

I had to do the quest to get the pony (DoV) for t8 mats/rares. I had to do the quest to upgrade it (CoE) for t9 mats/rares (upgraded pack pony). The goblin was an AA ability. I just literally did this quest like last week. So its fresh in my mind.

Would like to see a GO style quest to upgrade the pack pony for t10 mats/rares. It would be ok for a little grind harvesting to get the pony upgraded. Come on you did it the first 2 times. Whats the problem? Do you have to have everything handed to you?
Old 10-15-2014, 02:08 AM   #9
Lodrelhai

As someone who did the quests as soon as they came out and so saw how the pony progressed when the new tier was added - no, not quite.

When the pack pony was first released, it had T9 rares harvests already (T9 being lvl 80-89). When Whithered Lands was released with new T10 harvests, the pack pony (and guild gatherers) got T10 harvests without any quest necessary. When ToV was released (a year and a half later), we got a quest to update the pack pony so it could harvest rares (like the goblin) and holiday harvests (unique to the upgraded pony).

I also have several crafters who have not upgraded their pack pony yet (saving the quest xp for the new lvl cap), and all of their ponies harvest T10 just fine.

edit: just saw I said the pony had rares v_v
Lodrelhai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2014, 03:26 AM   #10
Stealthmode

Either way, I hope they add a new qho quest for the new tier of mats/rares. BUT PLEASE DO NOT ADD GM SHARDS/FOUNDATIONS to pony/goblin.
Old 10-15-2014, 04:04 AM   #11
Mermut

They've already stated that the GM rares will be harvest only and not from goblins, ponies or guild hall harvesters.
Old 10-15-2014, 11:17 AM   #12
Ocarinah

Can you please add the 96-105 mats from pony/goblins soon? I waited until this week to start testing even tho all access so some of the things would be worked out. I have all the crafters and would love to do the questline on all of them for the mount but there is no way I have the time to do that much testing AND harvest enough materials for all 9 crafters. I would still like to do all the notd quests on all my alts (not saying how many cuz yeah....).

Second, Please Please Please Please with big sad eyes do NOT bring the little brat or adult version of the brat back in order to harvest the new mats. I would need the vault for marketplace opened up to get me a million more Qho replicas to torture in every single house that still needs decorating. Maybe even one house with a Qho for each tier harvested with a special torture technique like feeding him too much pig meat that he pukes or something.
Ocarinah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2014, 01:49 PM   #13
Stealthmode

Maybe that could be the new upgrade to the upgraded pack pony quest....harvest x rares for each tier.
Old 10-15-2014, 09:52 PM   #14
Domino

Developer

Please see yesterday's update - already done, should be making it to beta very soon.
Domino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2014, 09:10 AM   #15
Garavic

Patched in tonight.
/cheer
Garavic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2014, 03:07 PM   #16
Ocarinah

Thanks! I see there is a new 96-99 option now.
Ocarinah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2014, 05:25 PM   #17
Freddy_c

Might not be the exact place to put this, but I have two questions,

1. What happened to Oliver the TS buffer,
and
2. Like ToV Beta, If I remember correctly you could get harvests from Oliver, will that be added to Beta anytime for AoM?
Freddy_c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2014, 07:34 PM   #18
Garavic

My Goblin and Pony both seem to think I still need Ripe Mangosteens when I send them for 96-99 harvestables.
Old 10-16-2014, 09:59 PM   #19
Domino

Developer

Mangosteens are really delicious, can't really blame them! But a fix has been checked in, should be corrected soon. Thanks for noticing that! BigGrin
Domino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2014, 10:43 PM   #20
Niami DenMother

Thanks, ma'am! I was just coming over to mention that he *loves* mangosteen, and really dislikes hylocereus fruit.

And he utterly ADORES fresh thresher fin, which is really odd for a pony. He brought back 235 of the durn things this last time.
Niami DenMother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2014, 01:02 AM   #21
Garavic

I just thought I was unlucky with my first pull on the Hylocereus Fruit, because I wasn't sure how many I started with, but you are spot on there. Just pulled in a second round and no fruit love. Also just under 900 Fresh Thresher Fins, between two rounds of harvests. So yeah I would have to agree unless this is going to be a sushi heavy expansion, not that I would complain, that may be a tad off. Smile
Old 10-17-2014, 05:06 AM   #22
Mermut

Agreed, please tone down the fresh thresher fins!
Old 10-17-2014, 06:06 AM   #23
Deveryn

Yes!!! More than a full stack of fins on each pull from either gatherer is a bit much.
Deveryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2014, 06:15 AM   #24
Windam

The pony does now do the 96-105 items but does have a problem. He gets all the regular items but Hylocereus fruit instead he bring back Ripe Mangostion . I have checked this out on 3 toons so far and the same all the time.. Hope they get this fixed as I need the fruit to make the new food and drink.
Windam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2014, 06:29 AM   #25
Buffrat

I think the kith peppers are really low too. But maybe it's just because it's from the foody bushes, or I got unlucky, but I got like 120 out of 2 or 3 rounds, compared to 400-500 of most everything else (and 1600 fins)
Buffrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2014, 10:01 AM   #26
Xianthia

I'm having plump haddock and cutthroat trout nightmares just thinking about another fish inundation... BigGrin
Xianthia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2014, 01:03 PM   #27
Stealthmode

Somethinz fishy me thinks. Roll Eyes
Old 10-22-2014, 07:23 PM   #28
Anghammarad

Lots of fishy... usually right now emptying Pony and Goblin brings 300-400 fish and around 10-50 from every other stuff. No rares till now.
Anghammarad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 11:16 PM   #29
Niami DenMother

There are an over-overabundance of fish. Also, pony/goblin/guild harvesters tend to bring back twice as much soft metal (iodocus ore) than they do gems (tourmaline) or the *real* ore (cadmium ore). I suspect that the percentages for cadmium and iodocus need to be swapped. (Two things with an "ore" designation when we're used to only the armor/weapon ore being called "ore" is confusing more than just us, I suspect. BigGrin)
Niami DenMother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2014, 01:16 AM   #30
Mermut

It does bring a new meaning to 'swimming with the fishes' Tongue