EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > Look and Feel
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 04-13-2007, 09:43 AM   #1
Irramar

Loremaster

Any chance we'll ever get an option to show/hide non-combat pets such as fluff pets and god pets? I don't really mind seeing them out in the world, but I can't be the only one who hates seeing 24 of them milling about the feet of everyone on the raid in places like FTH. If you can't seperate fluff pet from main pets (conj, necro, etc) then even a UI filter that would allow me to toggle pet names on and off seperate from player names would be a big help. I normally run with guild names and titles turned off, but lately I've had to go to the next step of making player names show on target or mouseover only, because my screen was often filled with the text hovering over all the pets with nice long names like "IbelieveIcanfly " or "Funkylovemonkey " I'm not saying eliminate the non-combat pets, just give us the option to not render 24 extra animated bodies (or at least their names) so that we can spend those system resources improving our game experience in ways that matter to us as individuals. If having these pets show improves your game experience, that's great for you. Personally I'd rather be able to leave player names on, and perhaps not have to downgrade graphics settings quite so much to have a decent raid experience. Irramar 70 conjuror Lucan D'Lere
Irramar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 04:56 PM   #2
kellan123

Loremaster

Yeah, sometimes I get a brief sense of relief when an Epic mob AEs and kills the 32 swarm pets that are chewing on it's ankles. It just cleans the place up a bit. I like the swarm pets, I just don't need to see each one's name....at all. Ever. Suggestions: I like the art and wouldn't turn pets off, but I can pretty much assume that if one of those Octupus swarm pets has a conjuror's name on it, then the one right next to it (that appeared at the same time) belongs to him too. Going further, I have never found myself wishing I knew what swarm pet belonged to whom. I don't need to see any of their names. As for God pets, I will miss Snarfcat, but even if he didn't have a name, the tiny lion following me would still be dear to me.

"What man is a man who does not make the world better?"

-Balian of Ibelin
kellan123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 03:29 AM   #3
xOnaton1

Loremaster

Looks like you got your wish! http://forums.station.sony.com/eq2/...54&#4046632

*** Gameplay ***

- Tired of that ugly mummy or chubby ogre following you everywhere? Then try /pet hide.

xOnaton1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 01:09 PM   #4
Chay

General

Yay! Frankly I've never liked these things. They look ridiculous and are in the way. The Tunare pet is the least intrusive (though it was nice when I could park it out of the way) and the Quellious one the most (I don't even bother using that one anymore...useless and in my way). I don't get why anyone would want to run around with a horde of useless pets behind them.