EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > Look and Feel
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 01-07-2008, 01:45 PM   #1
Irramar

Loremaster

I'm not exactly sure when it stopped working, or even if it ever worked in the first place, but I'm noticing now that on all my characters when they land a critical spell cast I don't see the damage line in the chat window. I've verified that I have spell crits selected in chat options, tried toggling it off and back on, tried creating a new chat window and setting it in chat options there. No matter what I've tried, if I crit on a damage spell, it will not show me the damage line in chat. Spells that hit for normal damage show up in the window just fine.If I go out to my log file, I see all the casting and damage messages, including the critical hits messages. I see heal crits just fine, and I don't have a melee character so I have no idea if melee crits show up.When I started asking around in guild, I got a few responses like - you know, now that you mention it I don't see crit damage either...Anyone know if this is just a design bug, or if there's a way to fix it so that particular chat type will show up in a chat window?
Irramar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 01:53 PM   #2
Sapphirius

Loremaster

Ya know, I haven't paid much attention to my combat logs lately beyond getting a parse. I'll see about waking up my warlock and bruiser later on today and see if I have a similar problem. Or better yet, I'll wake up my fury. She has a higher crit percentage than my warlock.

Decorating is 1% inspiration, 9% work, and 90% tweaking. I've spent many an hour just moving things I've placed an inch or so over "that-a-way."
Sapphirius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 11:03 PM   #3
Mathaleus

Loremaster

You have to have it show critical hits in melee SMILEY

Took me a while to figure this out as well, but I eventually got it showing.  It'll show any melee crits and spell crits.

80Conjuror of Everfrost

Elderach - 70 Inquisitor

Gerock - 61 Guardian

Mathaleus is offline   Reply With Quote