EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > Station Forums > Fan Faire 2007-2011
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 06-01-2010, 01:12 AM   #1
Brailyn

The Quiet Type

I wasn't sure where I could post this at, made a suggestion on the EQ2 one as well.

I'm starting to get to the point where I need to start getting tickets and what not to other Vegas attractions, events and shows, etc. I'd like to be able to know what the SOE plans are so I can confirm if I am able to attend the other things with the group I am going with.

Thanks SMILEY

Brailyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 11:23 AM   #2
Irish

Journeyman

If it follows previous years you will have no time on friday and saturday for anything else.Thursday is only night that you might be able to do anythung and that depends on if any vip stuff that night. Usually thursday afternoon and evening just the registration and some welcome snacks and ability to look around and buy some stuff,occasionally late night gaming on thursday but not always.

Irish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 08:29 PM   #3
Ashlanne

Project Manager

We are getting closer SMILEY

Ashlanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 04:05 AM   #4
soehatesshamen

Happy Camper

How close? Its almost July and we were told to get the Plat passes.I dont spend alot of time at the FF sorry...I spend most of my time running around Vegas.Seeing the sites and eating at the buffets.Since I feel I was forced to come here to Vegas I want to make it worth my wild...I would like to see the schedule. I want to do the meet and greet...the Friday night party and the  grand banquet.Yup..thats it! The panels dont intrest me...But I'm hoping more for my plat pass.!I did the live EQ quest for 5 years...but I'm done with that too..

I would really like to see a schedule soon.Why such a wait??

soehatesshamen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 04:16 AM   #5
soehatesshamen

Happy Camper

The schedule for for plat pass is what?We paid so much for what?Sorry to be so crabby...But I'd like to know what I'm paying for!Its the end of June almost July..Show me the money!!I paid for the plat pass...give me the schedule PLS.

soehatesshamen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 07:24 PM   #6
CTBST

Happy Camper

soehatesshamen wrote:

How close? Its almost July and we were told to get the Plat passes.I dont spend alot of time at the FF sorry...I spend most of my time running around Vegas.Seeing the sites and eating at the buffets.Since I feel I was forced to come here to Vegas I want to make it worth my wild...I would like to see the schedule. I want to do the meet and greet...the Friday night party and the  grand banquet.Yup..thats it! The panels dont intrest me...

Don't plan anything "Vegasy" for Thursday, Friday and Saturday night, there kind of got a schedule for you now

CTBST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 09:03 PM   #7
d1an

Brailyn wrote:

I wasn't sure where I could post this at, made a suggestion on the EQ2 one as well.

I'm starting to get to the point where I need to start getting tickets and what not to other Vegas attractions, events and shows, etc. I'd like to be able to know what the SOE plans are so I can confirm if I am able to attend the other things with the group I am going with.

Thanks

I would like to know what the evening activities are and whether or not they are worth the extra cost of getting a pass. Since we live in LV, I want to know if it is worth bothering going to the nighttime activities or whether or not we should just do the day pass.

d1an is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 10:08 PM   #8
Calthine

SOE Community Council

"Worth bothering" is subjective. The last couple of years have gone like this:

Thursday Evening:  Informal events, podcast recording, live TCG games, that sort of thing.  Find your guldies night!

Friday Evening:  Smed's address where we get the PR version of stuff coming up.   Then an evening of fun on SOE - one year a party with an open bar and live band Karaoke, another they took over this sports complex with lots of games and go-Karts and stuff. 

Saturday Evening:  The Grand Banquet, with the costume contest and silly games that result in cool techie prizes (and VISA gift cards!).

In past years' I've had work functions on Thursday evenings and the only thing I really really wish I had seen was Brenlo drag my husband to the mic for the podcast.  Not that he had to work very hard to get him up there!

(Lookin' at Bette Middler tickets myself.  Like to see the old broad live while I can!)

Calthine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 05:04 PM   #9
BearClaw

Lead Volunteer Moderator

Schedule is up 

http://events.station.sony.com/fanf...ire/schedule.vm

BearClaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 05:57 PM   #10
DragonGem

Happy Camper

Hmmm there are 2 EQ Live Quests scheduled?

DragonGem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 07:25 PM   #11
Calthine

SOE Community Council

DragonGem wrote:

I'd bet it's a part two or they're making two groups.

Calthine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 02:21 PM   #12
Ashlanne

Project Manager

Calthine wrote:

DragonGem wrote:

I'd bet it's a part two or they're making two groups.

It's actually an error SMILEY We are working on fixing it SMILEY

The EQ Live Quest is Friday, EQII is Saturday.  So Sorry for the mix up.

Ashlanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 03:00 AM   #14
Scadicca

Happy Camper

Just saw the schedule.  Please tell me there's a typo, and two EQ2 panels are not going to be at the same time?  5-6pm on Friday has both the EQ2 Art & Animation panel and the EQ2 General Discussion.  I notice that the room for the General Discussion (Bronze 1/2/3/4) is the same as is being used for EQL the rest of the day.  So, typo?  Or do I need to figure out how to clone myself really quick?

And would my clone have to pay separate entrance fee?

Scadicca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 04:06 AM   #15
Kela

Master

Scadicca wrote:

Just saw the schedule.  Please tell me there's a typo, and two EQ2 panels are not going to be at the same time?  5-6pm on Friday has both the EQ2 Art & Animation panel and the EQ2 General Discussion.  I notice that the room for the General Discussion (Bronze 1/2/3/4) is the same as is being used for EQL the rest of the day.  So, typo?  Or do I need to figure out how to clone myself really quick?

And would my clone have to pay separate entrance fee?

I would say it is a typo, cause if you look at the discription of the General Discussion, it says Everquest, and the devs are definatly not the EQ2 devs.

Though I did notice something with the schedule, it looks like there is not going to be a keynote this year, cause both the EQ2 and EQL expainsion forums are on Friday, wich is usually the day of the keynote, ontop of that, there doesn't seem to be one on the schedule. Does that mean SoE doesn't have any other anouncments this year? Other then what has already been anounced.

Kela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2010, 12:06 AM   #16
ryan6957

The Quiet Type

Curious about something.  In the past they have had a presentation on Friday night anouncing expansions and such.  I dont see that reflected on the schedule; will that be happening this year?

ryan6957 is offline   Reply With Quote