EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > Station Forums > Fan Faire 2007-2011
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 08-08-2009, 06:01 AM   #31
K_Triol

The Quiet Type

Biliob wrote:

Dont worry Fromage, she was avoiding me too. This would have been the first time in 10yrs we acually met, and nothing. Didnt even try..... ROFL I posted notes on the bull. board and everything.... Nothing....

geez .. laying on the guilt a bit thick there?   heh.  Fine, the next FF we are both at I will hunt you down even if I have to go from person to person to track you down .. or .. just scream .. "CANTHOVEL!!!".   Of 'course if we both gang up on Vinnie and get him to go it'd be easier to spot each other .. LOL! 

Though, telling you I was the redhead in black with pigtails holding the hand of the bald guy also in black might have helped too .. it's how I described myself to Niami and she tracked me down okay. ... lol .. hind-sight 20/20 ..

K_Triol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 04:42 PM   #32
Calthine

SOE Community Council

I swear I'm going to carry a banner next time SMILEY  Tho the shirt I had made with the huge ZAM on the front helped!

Calthine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 06:24 PM   #33
Kela

Master

Calthine wrote:

I swear I'm going to carry a banner next time   Tho the shirt I had made with the huge ZAM on the front helped!

That wasn't a company shirt? I thought it was something you guys where looking at possably selling. Maybe next year all Zam reps could run around in Zam shirts... just like the SoE employees do, though a Differant color...like say pink SMILEY... so your not mistaken for SoE workers.

Kela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 06:34 PM   #34
Calthine

SOE Community Council

Kela wrote:

Calthine wrote:

I swear I'm going to carry a banner next time   Tho the shirt I had made with the huge ZAM on the front helped!

That wasn't a company shirt? I thought it was something you guys where looking at possably selling. Maybe next year all Zam reps could run around in Zam shirts... just like the SoE employees do, though a Differant color...like say pink ... so your not mistaken for SoE workers.

I had Pikko, or ZAM Store Admin, make that one up for me. 

I'm *not* wearing pink.  You can't make me!

Old 08-08-2009, 08:13 PM   #35
K_Triol

The Quiet Type

Calthine wrote:

The Hubby tried to talk me into making a real bumper sticker of my Siggy for me to wear at FF, so that people would know who I was ... I did consider for a few minutes it but figured my RL Tush didn't need any more help in the obvious department.  ...

Maybe, next time I'll have a shirt made up with the siggy on the back, though.  That might work.  *ponders*

I Brake for FF ??   lol!

K_Triol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 09:48 PM   #36
Dyfast

The Quiet Type

But Calthine you looks good in the orange flower dress the one night

Dyfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 10:10 PM   #37
Calthine

SOE Community Council

Dyfast wrote:

Aw, thanks!  Orange I can do.  But pink?  nah.

Old 08-08-2009, 10:12 PM   #38
Calthine

SOE Community Council

Ha.  What they need to do is put deely-bobbers in the swag bags, but instead of glitter balls or whatever, have a strip of clear plastic between the antenna.  We can all write our names on them, and wear them so our names are over our heads as in-game!

Old 08-09-2009, 05:33 PM   #39
Kela

Master

Calthine wrote:

Dyfast wrote:

Aw, thanks!  Orange I can do.  But pink?  nah.

Well you are a Red Head, and Pink + Red Head = Not Good. That said I bet a certain Fae Templar would take up the challange anyway. SMILEY

Calthine wrote:

Ha.  What they need to do is put deely-bobbers in the swag bags, but instead of glitter balls or whatever, have a strip of clear plastic between the antenna.  We can all write our names on them, and wear them so our names are over our heads as in-game!

Have you ever seen those LED spinner signs, not the flashing ID tag style but the ones you spin yourself, They have them at alot of Theame Parks and Fairs for sale. Something like that would work too.

Old 08-10-2009, 12:11 PM   #40
itsm

to be honest i WANTED to go again, till i actually went this year. the party was a blast, but the food was HORRIBLE, ( i couldnt eat any of it d/t allergys)  i went to one seminar & they apparently cancled it, WITHOUT telling the ppl who came to SEE it. it was suposed to give ingame items & a bonus raffle suprise. but after sitting in the room for 35 min i went to check & HUH, it was cancled. asked about the items & got a "We will get back to you" (wich did NOT happen). took them over 4 weeks to return the promised 1/2 of reg fee to those with 10 or more =(. at the NINTH aniversary they got the best mount in the game, at the TENTH we got a nasty looking shield ornimentation......... HELLO... i am so dissapointed with SOE atm i barly play anymore. still very frustrated, & even more so because all this seems to have been swept under the carpet. NONE of it is being addressed by ANYONE.  i sure hope our berserkers in EQ are enjoying the GARBAGE they recieved. maybe the GMs should go into the game & look around & see who is actually enjoying the stuff.

& i sure hope i am contacted by someone in EQ affilated with the game regarding these issues.

itsm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 02:41 PM   #41
PatG1

The Quiet Type

I am up for an East Coast Fan Faire.. maybe a New England one SMILEY Make is easy for me as I'll be in college at the time

PatG1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 03:32 PM   #42
Calthine

SOE Community Council

itsmom wrote:

the party was a blast, but the food was HORRIBLE, ( i couldnt eat any of it d/t allergys)

Having been in the catering business, I hate to tell ya you kind of have t count on that.  Although tacos wasn't the best choice, IMO.  Making dinner for 2k people and finding something everyone can eat is almost impossible.

Old 12-14-2009, 08:29 PM   #43
Minymezz

The Quiet Type

Not Vegas again... Please... And for the next poll on where it is, dont screw over the east coasters by letting hackers sign up for a free station account and make Vegas get 1000 votes per hour like the last time. Orlando, great weather, fun things to do, multiple theme parks within 20 mins. Hotels are cheap there too, even cheaper at Datona Bch which is 45 mins tops from Orlando.

Minymezz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 10:07 PM   #44
Kela

Master

Minymezz wrote:

Not Vegas again... Please... And for the next poll on where it is, dont screw over the east coasters by letting hackers sign up for a free station account and make Vegas get 1000 votes per hour like the last time. Orlando, great weather, fun things to do, multiple theme parks within 20 mins. Hotels are cheap there too, even cheaper at Datona Bch which is 45 mins tops from Orlando.

Ofcourse food, flights, hotel, and conferance centers as about 3x the price, of Las Vegas.

There is a reason Las Vegas is the Conferance Capitol of the world, and it is NOT the Gaming. It is because it is far cheaper then anywhere else in the world, because it is the only city with multiple convention centers, of the size Fan Faire requires, and therefor the only city where the convention centers have to compete for the convention dollar.

Old 12-14-2009, 10:27 PM   #45
Calthine

SOE Community Council

As big as Fan Faire is getting they're gonna take it to where ever it's most cost effective.  An advantage to Vegas:  they can get SOE people there via charter bus instead of flying them.  Not to mention the sweet room deals they work out for us players.

Old 12-16-2009, 05:47 PM   #46
Kela

Master

Calthine wrote:

As big as Fan Faire is getting they're gonna take it to where ever it's most cost effective.  An advantage to Vegas:  they can get SOE people there via charter bus instead of flying them.  Not to mention the sweet room deals they work out for us players.

Don't forget the huge savings in shipping costs for all the displays, computers and whatnot as well. Chartering 1 or more Cross Country trucks + Drivers for an event is also very expencive.

Old 01-08-2010, 01:29 PM   #47
Raz

Where is the Fanfaire this  year  2010 ??   And is  it set in stone would like to make  plans  Thanks

Raz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 02:03 PM   #48
Calthine

SOE Community Council

Razel wrote:

Where is the Fanfaire this  year  2010 ??   And is  it set in stone would like to make  plans  Thanks

It'd be a bit early for the announcement, based on history.  I'd like to know too!

Old 01-08-2010, 05:02 PM   #49
Beadil

Journeyman

<--  Itchy !

I'd certainly vote Vegas again.  I live in St. Louis (central US) and so whether west or east is about the same travel wise.  When it's in Vegas, I'd give myself a 98% chance of going again, anywhere else arround the same travel distance...   <15%.  Of course if it's in my back yard, I'm there. !

Sorry but Vegas rules!

Beadil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 07:13 PM   #50
Kela

Master

Razel wrote:

As soon as it is set in stone, meaning all contracts are signed, they will let us know. If the past is any guide we will likly find out some time next month, barring unforseen issues with the contracts.

IMO, I think they should try and get a multi-year deal somewhere on a set date, I think it would make it easier for both us and SOE and may even be cheaper for SoE in the long run.

Old 01-10-2010, 10:13 AM   #51
Irish

Journeyman

I would take it as almost a guarantee that it will be Vegas again this year. I seriously doubt we will see one occur out of Vegas any time in the near future. Also I think they really like Ballys ,so a very good shot that will be the place again. The bigger question is when, last years in June was really too early for those who attended for EQ2 as the amount of info on exp compared to the year before was a lot less. I think August even though the hottest month of the year there would be a better time, If the Eq2 expansion won't hit till Jan or Feb of the following year. Of course the 2008 Fanfaire in August was the hottest week of the year. I do hope they make an announcement much sooner this year , due to almost a third of flights into and out of Vegas being removed  by Airlines over the next few months.

Irish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 08:51 AM   #52
Darkerusaelp

Happy Camper

Beadil wrote in his sig

Move the Erudite out of guild hall!!

*steps on soapbox* Leave the erudites alone!! *cries*

Darkerusaelp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 07:34 PM   #53
Jod_Iegemai

Master

I am dying to know as well. I know it is too early, but I can't wait to see.

Vegas has been a blast and the June date was better than the August date (imo).

Jod_Iegemai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 11:11 PM   #54
Kela

Master

webscud wrote:

I am dying to know as well. I know it is too early, but I can't wait to see.

Vegas has been a blast and the June date was better than the August date (imo).

I personally think that the June date was too early as well, as they really where not prepared to share any info about stuff comming up at FF atleast for EQ2, not shure about EQ. I think something in Early Aug, like the week after Gencon, or the week prior(wich would be late June) would be better...Accually if they do it the weekend prior to Gencon that could get them good buzz going into GenCon while still having thier big new set aside for there own event.

Old 01-12-2010, 12:16 PM   #55
MasterCosmo

SOE Community Council

It would be best for me to be late summer being I'll be able to take vacation days at my new job then

Finally I don't have to worry about school though, so really it doesn't matter to me!

MasterCosmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 01:01 AM   #56
Dented

The Quiet Type

Vegas or Bust!

Dented is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 11:11 AM   #57
Irish

Journeyman

According to the latest podcast , the announcement is going to be made in February.

Irish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 11:54 AM   #58
Saroc_Luclin

SOE Community Council

I'd prefer July or August myself; June can interfere with school schedules and similar. (my mom is a high school teacher, and they're going to the last week of June this year). And I'd prefer it NOT be Balley's. While the hotel was nice enough and the rooms close to the conference area, the conference space itself felt really cramped for the group we were. The Hilton and even the Rio had more space. (I love the Hilton's space; the Rio if we had more of its space would be good, but its center is too far from the rooms IMO)
Saroc_Luclin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 02:53 AM   #59
RadarHelper

Master

My Boss has already published a vaction plan, except I do not have any dates on it yet.

Could Sony please publish the date for Fan Faire  by OCT of each year for fiscal planning.

Other people are filling in my bosses vaction planner right now.

Need a date for Fan Farie, now.

Thank You

I have been to Fan Farie twice and would like to visit again.

RadarHelper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 02:52 PM   #60
Isror

The Quiet Type

I'm voting for Vegas again simply because the cost to get there and hotels are the best you're going to get short of living in or around the host city.

Isror is offline   Reply With Quote