EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Chaos Descending Beta > Class Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 11-03-2018, 10:38 AM   #1
Deadheals

RIP Beastlord mana feeds. 2% power regen is a slap in the face reallly. Pretty much makes the ability useless. This will further cripple the class. #makebeastlordsgreatagain
Old 11-03-2018, 06:11 PM   #2
Karsa

The change to Ralissk' Perception - increase power of group members by 1.6-2.9% is terror-bad would suggest something more in area of 5.4 - 9%. At is current form not worth casting or putting on the hotbar.
Karsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2018, 07:01 PM   #3
Errrorr

2-3% per group member seems fair considering you can cast it in your pure DPS feral stance. BL's shouldn't be a mana regen class in that stance anyway. This amount could be enough to allow healers to get off a cure, a tank to get a temp up etc.

I could advocate an increase to the % IF the BL is in spiritual stance though. That would fit the class better overall.
Errrorr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2018, 10:40 PM   #4
Deadheals

There was no screaming in my post. Just annoyance. I am sure the devs will not take offense. I’m just struggling to understand what my class is anymore. Are we T1 dps, T2 dps, utility. I doubt I’d even get a raid spot if I wasn’t tenured. Again, just voicing frustration. I’m not attacking anyone.
Old 11-03-2018, 11:02 PM   #5
Karsa

Well if you want to 'cherry' pick which prestige powers operate in which stance I would totally support that if they do complete overall on the outdated aa powers, seeing how unlikely that this and any of the other classes in the game can spec to get both powers on their left and right prestige page, one of the powers should not be nerfed into a state near ineffectiveness. IMO 1.6.-2.9 is too low I think potions can provide more than that.
Karsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2018, 04:36 AM   #6
Mermut

To be honest, I'm surprised it took them this long to nerf the BLs powerfeed.
The power drains in the PoP and CD are now far stronger than the feeds any non-chanter has. Since nearly every heroic named has a nasty power feed...
I suppose they want every group to have a coercer.

I get that they've decided they don't want people at full power all the time.. but that can be better managed with more expensive arts. Having no power is much 'less fun' then having full power. Sure scouts and tanks can do a little without power. But mages and priests (those priests that now have to nearly spam heal to keep people alive) are useless without power.
Mermut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2018, 08:36 PM   #7
Bhayar

I was never that impressed with a BL's powerfeed to begin with that would cause it to be nerfed. What's annoying about the power drainage, Mermut, is you're sucked dry at the opening of the fight. As an illy (we also powerfeed, but that's a little known secret these days, haha), it's difficult to power up your group when you are sucked dry at the beginning of the fight. I get that they don't want people at full power as well, but I'm not aware that players had that expectation. What we do want are tools and mechanics that make the game challenging, not frustrating as hell because of an overused mechanic. I just want a chance to succeed, not have it guaranteed.
Old 11-12-2018, 08:50 PM   #8
Mermut

Oh.. I'm not saying I think it is a GOOD thing. I don't. I'm just unsurprised that it was nerfed.
Old 11-12-2018, 08:54 PM   #9
Bhayar

Sorry, but I didn't read it as if you agreed to it, haha. I was just making an observation that I didn't think it was all that to begin with.
Old 11-12-2018, 09:01 PM   #10
Mermut

It wasn't until they nerfed everybody else's...