EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Chaos Descending Beta > Class Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 10-21-2018, 11:54 PM   #61
Heck62

On Live our Zerker Wins many parses,He is a good player ,has mostly if not all abilities at Ancient teir,And has more potency than anyone in the raid.That fighter rune really threw him over the top.That's why I think the main thing that divides players is ptw.Giving the other classes good runes would help.
Old 10-22-2018, 07:00 AM   #62
Beee

Even if a conjurer has ALL class spells Ancient and >120k potency on live.. there is no chance to be within the top dps players Eek

---
Edit: Yes it's possible to be in the top 10 - with Ascension spells Cool
Pets really need to have full fervor (spellfervor and regular fervor) + stat Transfer - balance the spells themself if necessary !!!
Beee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2018, 09:25 PM   #63
Shurrikan

So, are there Warlock nerfs going to be coming to TLE as well ?
Old 10-22-2018, 09:49 PM   #64
Priority

False.
Old 10-22-2018, 11:11 PM   #65
Arkmarux

Most of the tanks have more potency than me
Old 10-23-2018, 12:16 AM   #66
Adoninilol

Not only is this not relevant, warlocks don't need a nerf on TLE.
Old 10-23-2018, 12:29 AM   #67
Shurrikan

That's what I'm asking. It shouldn't trickle down to TLE, but a lot of the Live garbage does. So yes, it is 100% relevant.
Old 10-23-2018, 12:35 AM   #68
Adoninilol

Developers have the ability to shift how certain abilities work on TLE versus Live whenever they want. Which is why manaburn has no potency scaling on TLE yet it does on live.

I haven't seen anything other than specific tiers of spells at higher levels being adjusted. The only nerf I could see is focused casting which is already defunct on TLE due to the lack of crit bonus.

There is the longer answer: does it satisfy you?
Old 10-24-2018, 12:25 AM   #69
Ashandra

please can you do something with the way things are sharing with summoner pet/swarms either make it so stats fully share and readjust damage the way it stands it's just plain broken and not scaling correctly .
Old 10-24-2018, 02:18 AM   #70
slica

I am not satisfied...I need more details good sir
Old 10-24-2018, 11:50 AM   #71
Talduke

I have growing concern for classes that have fervor temp buffs and stacks. Currently in heroics and raids it is very easy for me to hit fervor cap. In raid tonight I hit 330 cap without pact on (beta toon does not have panda pact upgrade), no torment rune, no bolster. just standing there waiting to pull I was capped. This not only further nerfs my class due to removing a chunk of damage potential but makes it a mindless class to play. on live as a lock you have to maintain a buff every 9 sec that adds 26 fervor by rotating through 4-5 abilities, as well as a 30sec secondary buff that adds another 6 using another 2. with capping pre pull I don't have to do either of those things. Additionally, with the changes to buffs that added potency to now adding fervor these abilities are also pointless to hit. In total I could remove 9 abilities from my hot bars and spam 5 or 6 and get within 90% of the damage potential of the class. I know Kander mentioned that Fervor overcap is being adjusted up and to what amount is currently unclear but I think a safer future proof would be to also add fervor overcap to these abilities and buffs. not only on warlocks but any class that has a temp or maintained stack that adds fervor. I don't think procs from items like celestial gate should get the same treatment though. It would cause much higher dps gaps between some classes over others if we had to go back to random gate proc spikes in damage. Celestial gate should just be a gap closer for those that are not geared enough at the time to reach Fervor caps with gear/ class based temp abilities.
Old 10-28-2018, 02:18 AM   #72
Chillispike

Changes 26.Oct:
Coercer
  • Increased the Crit Bonus Overcap granted by Enhance: Mind's Eye. - Effect is updated, but desc only says power regen amount. Could be nice to change the desc as well.
  • Enhance: Mind's Eye will grant Crit Bonus if the caster is over level 100. - Effect is updated, but desc only says power regen amount. Could be nice to change the desc as well.
  • Mind Mastery will grant a small power ward to Manaward, if the caster is over level 100. - nice
  • Hastened Mana will decrease the base reuse time on Manacloak, if the caster is over level 100. - nice, note spell is called "Mana Cloak"
  • Overflowing Mana has chance to clear the reuse on both Channel and Channeled Focus, if the caster is over level 100. - The effect is updated, but the desc "only" says Channeled Focus. Could be nice to change the desc as well.
  • Enraging Demeanor will increase the Fervor and Fervor overcap of the target, if the caster is over level 100. - not working for me Fervor Overcap get's increased by 3.3 and Fervor Overcap get's increased by 13.1
It would be nice to change Enhance: Channel to effect the base recast time instead of the "plain" reuse.
15 Minutes is the base reuse time with 100% reuse speed it's 7.5 mins.
300secs = 5 mins if it would effect the base reuse speed then it would be 10mins / 2 = 5mins reuse time at 100% reuse speed.
Enchanter
  • Increased the amount of melee damage multiplier granted by Quickening, if the caster is over level 100. - oh cool Melee multiplier of 5, that's cool Smile
Old 10-28-2018, 09:07 PM   #73
Fistpower

What exactly is the issue with Fiery blast? I see several mentions of wanting a fix, but no one said whats wrong with it.
Old 10-29-2018, 02:38 AM   #74
Jokirr

It's been to my understanding that it basically has a damage cap to it currently.
Also been told that when you produce to much damage that it somehow resets the currently stored damage and so when it fires off you end up with a very weak overall hit.

I would love for the spell to store the damage properly much like how RO and Temporal Mimicry still do with Ascensions.
I think everyone needs to /bug and /feedback the spell on the beta server every day.
Kander has said mutiple times they look over those and to use them on the discord chats.
Then finishing saying discord isnt the place for getting spells fixed.

So lets do this Wizards! #FixFieryBlast2018
Jokirr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2018, 04:47 AM   #75
Rondo9

I have bugged it several times this expac and the last 2 expacs. Been banned several times in discord for getting passionate about it. However with the potency decrease is has seemed to increase the damage hits of it, but it still no where near what it should be. I remember that AMA thing they didnt a few expacs ago where I asked Caith about it and he said it was one of the first things to get fixed, here we are years on and still nothing.
Old 10-31-2018, 10:12 AM   #76
Arieva

On my conji the Planar Pet Mastery buff is applied and can be seen on the primary pet's target window after equipping the rune. I see there is a duration on the effect of 31 seconds and after equipping the rune the buff just falls off and it never seems to re-apply the effect. I tested it in several combat situations and It does not reapply itself after sending pet in for subsequent encounters. The only way to make the buff reappear on pets target window is to unequip and re-equip the rune.

I'm also seeing no visible evidence of the buff applying to swarm pets..but its currently very hard to test only having a 30 second window after equipping the rune to test it (and maybe swarms aren't intended to benefit from the effect in the first place).
Arieva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2018, 11:23 AM   #77
Ahshuckins

Same on my Necro buff is applied and can be seen in prim pets target window. have to un-equip and re-equip rune to make it active. Lasts for 31 seconds then "poof". Never reappears unless you un-equip and re-equip rune. Total waste as is IMO. Does not seem to effect swarm pets at all, no different in damage according to act, rather active on main pet or not.
Ahshuckins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2018, 08:24 AM   #78
Mahateb

Can you please remove the root ability from illy pet higher than level 100 and replave it with some damagng ability?
Old 11-01-2018, 07:44 PM   #79
Amiiss

I have a question about Cong/Necro pets. There seems to be a few spells that are broken or just not used because they did not get the attention they maybe should have gotten.

An example would be the ooze pet for necromancers, or even any of the 3 normal class pets. Are there any plans to make the mage, tank, or scout pet come close to the DPS output of the epic weapon clicky? We were initially given AA choices that line up to which class of pet we are using. A tree for buffing a tank pet one that did more scout things and one for mage abilities. Then we got the epic clicky scout/magey pet that once pushed to ancient with easy to obtain crafted items does 3-5 times the damage of the other pets.

Because the other pets are harder to obtain and take more to level up than the clicky weapon pet. I would like to see the current version of the tank, mage and scout pets once increased to ancient level brought up to a similar DPS as the epic clicky. If not can we get a redo of our AA trees to line up to what the epic clicky pet is set up to do? Get rid of the ooze pet or make it useful.

With the weapons now falling out of use with this expansion Im guessing that people will not want to go back to do that questline or run through older zones for the crafted items to increase the levels of the clicky pet. Having pets of different classes and different levels would bring a little diversity back to these 2 classes. There were items in here about pets not sharing stats and possibly fixing that issue. With that possibly in the works, now would be a decent time to look at the other pets to bring them in line with the expansion.

These pets and the skins they had were part of what defined the summoner classes. You could tell what level of which pet people had by their appearance and pets title. If there isnt a plan to look at the pets, could we get some different spells for those levels?
Old 11-01-2018, 11:58 PM   #80
Ahshuckins

There was no "Epic Clicky". You received two spells upon completion of the heroic version of epic weapon quest line. Presently The Devs said upon completion of the Sig line in new xpac one would receive those spells - so no need to go back and do the quest. What level they will be was not said. However
Ahshuckins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2018, 01:40 AM   #81
Amiiss

OK I get that, but that 1 spell makes 3 others obsolete. That one pet does 3-5 times the damage of the class defining "Summoner" spells. I would like to see the rest of the pets do damage on par with this one give away pet. Or I would like to see a new spell at the level the mage, scout and tank pet are given. What other classes have 3 levels of spells negated by doing a signature line of quests?
Old 11-02-2018, 12:21 PM   #82
Earar

and the pet normally has all the mage/scout buffs
Old 11-02-2018, 07:40 PM   #83
Sigrdrifa

Having played a conjy for a while when the tank and scout pets were completely useless until they fixed scouts not too long ago, I'm thankful to have at least one pet that does decent damage.
Old 11-04-2018, 12:04 PM   #84
Noobless

[IMG]i am not sure what the problem is i just spent some time in solo testing changes to illu in sence of power regen as you can see across the zone my epiphany did 6 procs all on my illu pet none for me so no reg en there... and my savante did very little in the way of power regen considering it procced 142 times and most of the procs where around 60 power when i have 1.5million in these zones thaats nothing, aura of tranquility is a 0.1% power regen(every proc 1s) and that was my best regen compared to something thats supposed to be 1% every 6s and savante is 10.7% per click dont know what all the other procs are or why they show up.... also worth noting the savante focus effect from aa's only works with the level 52 version not on the upgrades there after,
Old 11-04-2018, 10:44 PM   #85
Chillispike

Enraging Demeanor still increases Fervor Overcap twice by 3.3 and by 13.1

Breeze power regen effect 10% power out of Combat worked for me only when i recasted it. I was just in the libary and checked a few spells so no zoning inbetween, can be that zoneing "fixes" it too.
Old 11-05-2018, 08:53 PM   #86
Earar

savante II, III, IV V and so on don't have the focus effect ont hem
Old 11-06-2018, 04:11 AM   #87
Ashandra

Hi,
just noticing the loot and runes in the new expac are very fervor oriented , this stat doesn’t share with pets very well any thoughts incoming to fix this problem for summoners ?

Potency mitigation’s a barrier for us the pets don’t receive that stat at 100% as of the last post by a dev here in official patch notes which was a few years back now full stat sharing was adjusted down meaning I can have literally a few k more the another summoner and blow them away because my pets are over that magical Pot Mit number.

Hopefully you have thought of this in the round of class balancing ?
Old 11-06-2018, 06:06 AM   #88
Arieva

I

If you'd read the beta patch notes you'd see this is already "supposedly" implemented.
Arieva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2018, 07:12 AM   #89
Ashandra

What date patch notes sry been short on time?
Old 11-06-2018, 07:29 AM   #90
Tomshindo

Has anyone already pointed out that Fiery Blast doesn't work?