EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Chaos Descending Beta > Class Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 10-15-2018, 03:25 PM   #31
Alway

Why do changers need a damage buff? Lol
Old 10-15-2018, 03:34 PM   #32
Errrorr

IMO Chanters need;
  • Power regen spells evaluated. Lots of static numbered abilities should likely be changed to % based.
  • Utility evaluated - 5CB on a buff is not worth anything any more.
  • Channeled Focus - Have it restore power (e.g 1%) for spell cast during spell being active.
Coercer specific;
  • Reactives reviewed in light of near constant 100% SDA on spells. (Perhaps changed to DoTs)
  • More Melee/Tank focused utility buffs. E.G Velocity - 10% fervor boost to all CA's
  • Coercive Healing made more useful. E.G Bleedthrough reduction for shaman, DR for Druids, Damage Reflect for cleric reactives.
  • Mana Ward - Reworked in light of Bleedthrough changes.
  • Channel - Reuse reduced from 15 mins base to 5 mins base.
I don't think their DPS needs to be dramatically increased, as long as their Power Regen & Utility is strong enough. Personally I'd like to see Mimicry reworked a little to be a bit more like RO/VC. Make the Chanter have to earn the damage rather than press a button when told to, but I suspect a lot of lazy chanters would protest.
Errrorr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2018, 07:06 PM   #33
Noobless

i wouldnt mind seeing regen % based as long as it was a decent amountnot 1-3% or some crap

i also totally agree mimics should be earned atm i mimic myself or an assassin in my raid force i find my self mimics are consistent its the waiting to be told to mimic that bugs the crap outta me
Old 10-15-2018, 07:48 PM   #34
Sigrdrifa

I don't think conjurors have ever been T1 DPS. That's the sorcerors. Even with the best of buffs, a summoner doesn't usually do as much damage as a sorceror.
Old 10-16-2018, 04:55 AM   #35
Alarra

I agree with your solutions.
I'm gonna test out the damage differences between live and beta tonight on my Coercer (or when work allows me to have enough time to anyway).

However, we have been in a sad state for a while.
The buffs and utility is junk as it stands. I only feel useful in a power drain fight, when I want to feel useful every fight.

"Oh this zone has a power drain on 1 named....bah, looks like we need to get a 5th wheel class just to do that one fight when we want a DPS instead"

As it stands, a Beastlord could do that kind of fight putting in power and dps'ing on the other fights.

In that light, if I could transfer ascension spell tiers I would probably change mains.

Not like before where it was like, we want a Coercer for the buffs they bring to the group.
Alarra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2018, 04:59 AM   #36
Alarra

I would also add that I think our buffs should reflect the current state of the game where we are moving from autoattack to spells and combat arts.
Changing our melee buffs to combat art buffs or the like would be a better thing for us going forward.
Alarra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2018, 08:49 AM   #37
Dotuming

Definitely wrong. From ToV up until KA, conjies have been very close to the top of the dps and in some cases over the top (think hammer days). We still do ok, although with the absurd buffing of other classes profession abilities/spells, ascension classes, issues with our swarm pets/primary pets, Swarm pets not upgrading at all per spell tier, limited number of actual profession based spells, we have dropped quite a bit through the current expac. We can still top the parse on some fights (Pretty much anyone can) given the right conditions and ascension combo's (30b on Eurold/ high 60b's on Brundin), but for longer fights we are definitely not in the same league as locks, rangers, and even monks. I would post parses but I have pretty much deleted everything. Im sure others have parses that would confirm my comments.

Also I really wish people would stop with the T1, T2 vernacular. Those have not been relevant for many years. I can only hope going forward, that a proper class balance is achieved and let player skill win the day.
Old 10-16-2018, 07:52 PM   #38
Zephanor

I agree with most everything that has been said here about chanters. Being an illy since launch I pretty much felt like a generic mage this last expansion and it's really all about your ascensions, otherwise there are only a few small things that set us apart and even then... not much. I would love if our base damage multiplier was increased, lol, but I agree that our DPS is probably right where it should be. I shouldn't be out parsing equally geared and capable T1/2 DPS.

But our class defining roles? Power regen, mezzing, control/weaken mobs, bolster the group... and well, who mezzes anymore? I cringe when I hear mezzing might be required for something because the player base is incredibly unprepared for being disciplined to use mezz in a strat, just blast everything and move on (Trakanon was a nightmare to get down with all the procs, random targeting, etc. hitting the detonators.) I would be fine if mezz isn't required anymore honestly, stuns would be nice, more debuffs maybe?

But power regen? Other classes do it better. And now all etherealists will be able to do it as well... but we should be the best honestly, that's a KEY role which has become less and less a need for chanters specifically. So many AA and spells I've removed from my hotbars because as already mentioned they are static numbers, and significantly paltry ones at that, so they are practically worthless. I have one AA that is worth anything for power regen but it's recast make it sad on power drain fights when Coercers have three that work (mana flow is great on a coercer, very situational on a chanter.) It is very frustrating being on power drain fights and not really able to make any significant difference (besides yelling at your group to use their malice pots, really? /sadpanda)

The other suggestions are good ones and I seriously hope they will be looked at, thanks for any consideration given.

MCGA!
Old 10-16-2018, 10:16 PM   #39
Zephanor

That's true, thanks.

And I agree, no group should have to depend on a single support class to be successful, that would be a pain.
Old 10-16-2018, 11:40 PM   #40
Wizftw

Why on a Warlock does the hate transfer amount not change on "Boon of the Damned" when I click "Focus: Boon of the Damned" in the Focus Effects tree and put points in "Essence of Hatred" in the Shadows AA tree. They do on a Wizard.
Old 10-16-2018, 11:52 PM   #41
Wizftw

Why on the Warlock does the spell "Dark Siphoning" decrease in damage when using Negative Void? I thought Negative Void was to increase the encounter AE spells by 30% and turn them in to single target spells. It looks to be working on all the other spells but "Dark Siphoning".
Old 10-17-2018, 08:16 AM   #42
Mermut

Most non-chanter power regens got nerfed hard a few months ago. Chanters are no longer the bottom of the power regen barrel. I'm just hoping that they keep power drains in line with what chanters can feed.. and don't make every/most heroic zones 'chanter or go home' while they're at it.
Mermut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 01:44 AM   #43
Wizftw

As one of the members comment above most of the Wizard spells are ok with the exception of Eci’s. It did not scale during the level increase as much as maybe should have to keep up with the changes make to spells like “Ball of Fire” or “Immolation”. It is too bad that Eci’s is now only used to try to get a reset on Fusion. It did not used to be that way. Eci’s used to be a good spell on its own merit. If Eci’s was about the size of an expert Ball of Fire it would really help out the Wizard spell line up.

Fiery Blast was a fun spell back in its day. If there is any way to talk DB into fixing it let us know what we need to do. Fiery Blast was one of those spells that make it fun to play a Wiz. Timing it so it would hit just before the mob expired and not after was fun. The big hits were something to talk about. How about putting some fun back in to the Wizards and make Fiery Blast work again.
Old 10-18-2018, 11:23 PM   #44
Wimble

Fiery blast again.

Well at least it makes a change from reading the endless summoner complaining. You are not supposed to be t1 output, accept it.

It always surprises me that the chanters, the most hard done of the 3 mage sub sets, complain the least (relatively),
Old 10-19-2018, 12:06 AM   #45
Arieva

Statements like this is why I personally think the dwindling playerbase of this game would gladly accept less content in favor of a true round of class rebalance and a statement of intent from the devs as to what our profession classes true purpose is. You've got ppl in this game still clinging to 8 year old notions of class tiers and little to no direction from the powers that be (devs). And tanks topping parses..its odd to say the least. I wonder how many ppl would return if they heard a serious class balance pass was done..and done well. I myself know a few
Arieva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2018, 02:03 AM   #46
Priority

If your tanks are topping the parse, your DPS is doing it wrong. They've already said they're working on class balancing.
Old 10-19-2018, 11:24 AM   #47
Beee

No - not on live. If a good tank is not within the top5 raid dps HE is doing somthing wrong Wink
But this is the wrong thread.

I do not believe in the possibility of classbalance within the next weeks - but i know it's almost an impossible mission
Beee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2018, 12:24 PM   #48
slica

Ummm your tank beats what exactly? Depending on what dps u have in raid umm idk about that. Lol and that’s only if you’re talking about a monk...
if you have 1-2 sorc, 2-3 summoners and a ranger nah.. insert assassin probably as well... (idk never seen one parse and I didn’t play mine this xpac) and if your brig is any good then that’s another one. All be it based on player skill I’m sure it’s fairly easily to insert a tank into beating most of those said dps classes... but yeah.
Old 10-19-2018, 07:16 PM   #49
Sigrdrifa

Our SK offtank is usually way high in the parse. But he has an outlandish amount of Potency. He's not searchable on EQ2U or Dragons Armory, so I dunno his exact stats, but it's a big number. He's arm-wrestling our wizard for top of the parse.
Old 10-19-2018, 07:43 PM   #50
Daelini

What guild is he in? Usually you can take a look and see the general raider layout and make a determination based on others - especially if his DPS is way up there and your 'T1" DPS are lagging behind or equal
Old 10-19-2018, 09:26 PM   #51
Arieva

Sk and most recently guard has been seen in top 5 of our guilds t4 parses. Now that said could our dps be doing better? Sure. It would help if class balance would make bards playable to the point where we could actually find any to buff our dps. Bringing back to the topic at hand..it would also help if the summoners didnt magically fall off the parse when entering higher tiers due to poor scaling
Old 10-20-2018, 04:46 AM   #52
Gigglezzz

shhh Priority Wink
Gigglezzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2018, 01:40 PM   #53
Priority

That's literally only monks. If played well and equally geared, every T1 dps can beat the the other tanks on any fight longer than 30s. If yours aren't, they're not playing their class right.
Old 10-20-2018, 03:34 PM   #54
Arkmarux

Our monk is usually 5th/6th on parse, SK isn't too far behind, none of them can compete with our T1 Mages/Assassin, so... a lot of these arguments in this thread are boiling down to to your T1 needing to step up and not be bad from the looks of it, so you all need to stop beating a dead horse.
Old 10-20-2018, 05:22 PM   #55
Kaaheel

Any chance on improving the Necro defining spell "Lifeburn" in order to make it worth casting in this Xpac?
Old 10-20-2018, 08:57 PM   #56
Ashandra

Every time I’ve pushed a question towards the dev in charge of class balance I’ve been banned.

it’s not rocket science stats need to scale better for summoner if it’s left the same the class is dead that would be why theres an Aray of posts here the player base is being killled off over this .

last expac selling point was Class balance only to be told after we purchased the expac oh didn’t you know that’s been canned there’s pages here with not one red feed back which for me is disappointing .
Old 10-21-2018, 02:12 AM   #57
Rondo9

More like your Monk needs to set it up!
Old 10-21-2018, 03:08 AM   #58
Priority

Do you really want monks parsing with good T1s on fights that last longer than 1 minute?
Old 10-21-2018, 09:56 AM   #59
Earar

Pop was the class balance xpac ... remember ?
They say they work on class balance for a while now and we haven’t seen much

Still waiting ... yeah u could say they did some « balance » ... but it pushed many players away from the game than bring them back in (or just main swap to monk/warlock ... so much for class balance )
Old 10-21-2018, 10:16 PM   #60
Arieva

Are your dps on equal footing potency wise as your tanks? Because ours are not. Tanks that rock offensive have an extra pretty significant chunk over a similarly geared t1. Not every guild has access to the type of gear that can push the potency values higher on a t1 than a tank can get with mediocre gear and a press of a button.