EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Chaos Descending Beta > Class Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 10-26-2018, 12:23 AM   #31
Dolgrin

First question:
With todays nerf, ehhhm improvement (has to be constructive feeback) ascension combos going the HO way,
to be a nice game feature but a waste of time to apply it?

Second question:
If a combo requests erosion for example, does erosion II trigger the combo?

Third question:
Can we expect usefull combos for 11-20 spells?
Dolgrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2018, 10:54 AM   #32
Arieva

So the missing Elementalist ability hit beta....another 5 minute 40 second recast? I think this needs to be reconsidered. Each of the new Etherealist abilities is on a 2:30 second timer and in several situations such as Compounding force and mana Schism seem to hit just as hard as the new elementalist abilites but have half the recast.

Elemental overlord due to its duration (as spell is upgraded) is only ability that I see that could possibly warrant that long of recast. The damage on Dominion of Fire is extremely lackluster for the recast and while the debuff is nice...its not that nice.

Blistering waste has a duration listed but appears to be a instant target encounter strike with just one single hit. Recast also 5:40. Does way less damage than similar target encounter ascensions (Dessication: 3min24 second recast)

If these recasts were intentional i'm not sure what to say. Definitely needs some tweaking
Arieva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2018, 11:23 AM   #33
Razpberry

wait, Blistering Waste is on beta? I don't see it
Old 10-28-2018, 01:56 PM   #34
Razpberry

I relogged, deleted the knowledge book file, camped, used different baubles, still not blistering Waste. Help please.
Old 10-28-2018, 11:32 PM   #35
Arieva

Yes i received it on a char that had not used the bauble for any ascension till yesterday. Try a fresh copy
Old 10-30-2018, 07:49 AM   #36
Twisty

You're looking at below-15 abilities with 20% reuse reduction, whereas above-15 you're looking at raw reuse.

FYI ElementalOverlord is equal damage to Schism (accounting for non-doublecastable Overlord), just on 2x recast - look at them at Ancient. Combo may be a factor, but we know nothing about that atm.

Blistering is plenty strong, why does it need to do Dessication numbers? By that logic I should be annoyed that Revocation doesnt do Fiery numbers. Blistering didn't even need to be as strong as it is honestly - it's at Virulent dmg, but on 2x recast. You know the equivalent to Blistering that Thaums got? NecroticConsumption - 1/3 the dmg, 5m recast.

Overall, post-15 toys Elementalists probably got same-as-Eths or slightly stronger (when more than 1 mob) personal-damage-spells outta the lot, even if we pretend a little and call Schism 2x better than Overlord. At least Etherialists needed something to come up to par, whereas Elementalists needed it least. Geos obviously needed it most and they got something alright, just unclear how the group buffs will get received.

Only real arguable point for boo-hoo Elementalists is that it's unclear currently how fervor availability vs caps will impact usefulness of Pact. But until we know details it's just a wait-and-see item.
Twisty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2018, 10:18 PM   #37
Arieva

I'm not asking for numbers to be changed..I'm asking for recast to be reduced, in all cases besides possibly elemental overlord. I'd need to actually see its performance at an upgraded level to make that call. I used extremely powerful ascensions like implosion and dessication as examples of more powerful similar spells on much shorter reuse. Someone sounds a little salty that they were an etherealist and not an elementalist this xpac Twisty. Its a strong ascension and I'm not denying that. I'm just giving straight up feedback on the spells as I see them and 5 min 40 second base reuse is way too much for those abilities as they stand. There are very few ascensions that enter that territory of recast period even considering base reuse, the average base reuse for "longer reuse" ascensions is 4:15
Old 11-01-2018, 01:44 AM   #38
Arieva

Checking on if this is a bug..Scorched earth combo (completed with ethermancy 2 and 1) on beta applied an additional combo damage (not double damage but thats expected considering the reduction of combo damage) only after the first tick of the spell landed. Is this working as intended? Despite the ascension combo damage being reduced overall if only the first tick of DoT ascensions are adding combo damage this is a HUGE nerf to the damage over time ascensions.

Edit: Same results with FIery Incineration
Old 11-01-2018, 03:01 AM   #39
Arieva

Some other oddity with new ascensions. Mana Schism is producing a successful combo message for the Etherealist if Elemental overlord is hit before mana schism, and elementalist is *also* getting a message in logs when the two are cast in this order (it seems to come through right after the cast of Mana Schism is completed) . If Mana schism is cast first, followed by Elemental overlord the Elementalist only receives the successful combo message. ACT is reporting no additional damage types when these combos message occur for either spell so its hard to tell if they are actually producing additional combo damage or not!
Old 11-01-2018, 02:34 PM   #40
Cunning

Did we ever get an updated item or adornment to give back the mudslide second hit? Geo dps has been behind forever. Add in that it's mostly Inquisitors running it, and they look even worse. Something like a short term base pot or cb buff instead would be a nice change, and at least make it interesting... But hey, we did get Another ward right? I haven't had a chance to try obsidian shards in group yet. Is it worth bothering with?
Old 11-01-2018, 05:03 PM   #41
Twisty

Shrug i just have comments about views that i find narrow and ignoring objective "lay of the land" whether they benefit me personally or not. I understand that's unusual, so I even understand your assumption, but i'm unusual like that.

There is 0 justifiable reason why recast of anything in Ele needs to match anything specific in Eth. What needs to match is relative power of ascension packages. I find objectionable request to make Ele boosts even stronger when they're both strongest pre-xpac and getting strongest or very-close-2nd strongest boost already.

Now, surprisingly, I might reverse course later and agree with you if we get confirmation xpac is sticking with the current awful fervor situation
Old 11-01-2018, 08:17 PM   #42
Beyoncia

It's funny that noone ever mentions Geomancer. I guess there is a good reasone for it. So, what about actually increasing Geomancer dps and replacing useless CA fervor buffs and similar stuff with something better?
Beyoncia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2018, 12:19 PM   #43
Dolgrin

Because they got some stuff, either no one care about or not understand the mechanics.

16: Geotic Rampage; tank only useable, because only triggers if your on top of hate list and you cast ascensions.
17: Stone Hammer II: same as before + a useless daze component (because of immunity of most or all nameds)
18: Accretion: Fervor and AbDC, with a not understandable mechanic (at least for me)
19: Obsidan Mind II: Added a Fervor buff, and a max melee damage (who cares?).
Only the group max ability hit component looks worthwile.
20: Erosion II: nothing changed, a bit more damage and Combat Mit debuff
20: Xenolith: A "wounderful" group ward. Seems very usefull with all bleedtru changes and chaotic leech.

/sarcasm on
At least Geos going to be the uber ascension class this expansion, so all geos are going to be silent to not hit by a nerf bat.
/sarcasm off
Old 11-02-2018, 01:28 PM   #44
Earar

accretion is just increment based. so over time u get more and more fervor and adc

but the fun part is that all geo ascensions have exactly the same visual effect. --> same as warden sandtorm.

can we get new visuals please ?
Old 11-02-2018, 05:13 PM   #45
Cunning

16)
The text of it says "Must be hated by your current target" .. not most hated. So just like dagger storm you have to have hit the mob or angered it in some way for you to be able to trigger it. And it goes on the group so depending on if each person can trigger it every 5-7 seconds or if that's the total cap on triggers it could actually be interesting. AE abilites seem to trigger for each target hit from what I saw. Either way it's useable by anyone and should be able to be triggered by the group so you don't even need to cast ascensions after it for it the be good. Just need your group too.

18)
As Earar said this one just builds over time. Every 5 sec it adds another stack(up to 6 max).

It's still not enough to make us close on the dps front. But they read, those two are something at least.
Old 11-02-2018, 07:38 PM   #46
Sigrdrifa

There are means to reduce recast time. Certain adornments, improved Ascension spell quality, those reduce the time.
Old 11-03-2018, 01:47 AM   #47
Dolgrin

Thanks for clarification Earar and Cunning. Geotic Rampage description is really confusing.
Old 11-03-2018, 05:48 AM   #48
Cunning

I think it's inteded to be like elemental toxicity was at first. Just less often and only for ascension's... Still need to test in a group.
Old 11-03-2018, 09:05 AM   #49
Xavion

not sure if a bug or intended but oblivion link doesn't give the % of ability dbl cast of the new amount given. Ex: if person i use it on had 10 and its now 16.5 im only getting the 6.5% of the 10 not the 16.5 like i would imagine it to since it's suppose to happen after the increase.
Old 11-03-2018, 09:07 AM   #50
Xavion

mana schism needs more info i can't tell whos power is suppose to be under those %'s mine or the enemies and i also can't tell if it hits 3+ times if im at 24% power or just does a 2nd hit but the damage changes based on the amount of power im at
Old 11-03-2018, 09:37 AM   #51
Xavion

one with stone needs to have crit bonus added to it as it literally a useless ascension now because the crit overcap has no use when we aren't even close to the cap for it to have purpose
Old 11-03-2018, 03:57 PM   #52
Earar

[IMG]

How come wildfire is so low compared to others ?
Old 11-03-2018, 06:33 PM   #53
Beyoncia

Wildfire actually does much more then a minimal hit of other abilities. I hope you got the answer Smile But I would not mine if they all did the same damage. Please remove the useless daze and bring Geomancer in 45-93 category.
Beyoncia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2018, 07:00 PM   #54
Twisty

wildfire is just mid-point of higher/lower on say septic. they're the same

stonehammer doesnt need to be lower as daze 3s is basically useless
Old 11-03-2018, 11:44 PM   #55
Earar

because on live wildfire sceptic and levinbolt all do same damage.

so why the change ?

but also the II doesn't change much in damage
Old 11-04-2018, 05:55 AM   #56
knine

why replace obsidian mind with yet another useless version. Hardly any blockers in the game work anymore and this one is no exception. Haven’t tested in heroics but messed around in solos and it didn’t work so can only assume it won’t work in heroics. Can we get something useful for once ?
knine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2018, 06:19 AM   #57
Cunning

If we get an updated rune for the damage shield it actually does decent damage on some fights. That plus the poor-mans combat mastery. I don't even cast it for the immunity anymore. It's only good the the other parts...
Old 11-04-2018, 09:47 AM   #58
Twisty

the change from live is random and strange, but from 1 to 2 of Wildfire is same as other lvl2 nukes. basically from dps perspective nothing changed from live
Old 11-04-2018, 09:54 AM   #59
Earar

the new ascensions don't seem to work with the panda runes.

obsidian mind II doesn't get the damage shield from fellowship of stone
Old 11-04-2018, 12:00 PM   #60
Arieva

Between the fervor issues you mentioned possibly impacting the class, the fact that damage overtime ascensions are currently only comboing on the first hit, a rather suspect change to Wildfire I (let's face it anyone with a leveled version of the spell is not going to be using wildfire II right away), and extremely long reuse on new abilities it feels like they are pushing the Ascension from best to bad. And sadly the people that chime in on threads like this don't even seem to understand mechanics as they reply to issues like this with just put on a rune to reduce recast