EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Terrors of Thalumbra Beta > General Beta Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 11-04-2015, 02:20 PM   #91
Amaitae

[IMG]

proc name is the same as the signature line reward (Brotherhood of the Underfoot). Item is a drop from challenge heroic
This is one possible reward from signature line:

[IMG]

As you can see the effect is called Fellowship of the Underfoot but the proc is called the same as Deep Gazer. Is Fellowship of the Underfoot supposed to proc Fellowship of the Underfoot and not Brotherhood of the Underfoot ?
Old 11-04-2015, 03:19 PM   #92
Mogrim

Amaitae - They're identical "style" buffs of differing "quality". Sometimes this results in slightly different names. A good similarity (if you were around then) is that during DoV, this would be the equivalent of Magnitude I vs Magnitude II. Etc.

Also, as a result, the two procs wouldn't stack either, with 99% certainty.
Mogrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2015, 05:30 PM   #93
Sigrdrifa

Saw someone in guild get this a second ago. They logged off before I could ask where it's from: aITEM -72927433 -956221349 0 0 0:[100_h_qs1_melee2_wrists]/a

[IMG]
Old 11-04-2015, 06:05 PM   #94
Sigrdrifa

Also aITEM 2108928036 -1665401085 0 0 0:[100_h_qs1_cast1_charm]/a

[IMG]
Old 11-04-2015, 11:09 PM   #95
Kittybock

I was just about to post on this, as I'd just received. thanks for saving me the screenie. It is from turning in a Collection called Luminous Flora and Fauna
Old 11-04-2015, 11:20 PM   #96
Kittybock

I wanted to check in on bows...thus far, the ones that have dropped are an increase in stats, yes, but the Damage is utterly sub par to my AOM Visionary MC I'd made.

my AoM MC Refined/ Visionary Longbow 1846 dmg, rating 279

my Thalumbra drops:
Defenders' Renewed Bow 1512 rating 229
Deadshot 1601 rating 242

all 9 sec delay, ofc. I can post screenies later if you like, but I'd think that damage should be inline with the increase in the other stats so it's not a toss up on what to equip.

Kitty
Old 11-05-2015, 02:40 AM   #97
Stimpelton

Please add the dbl cast and flurry option back on to cloaks and belts so the classes that use both can benefit. Hell, take thexit flurry off the bard ones. I have no problem finding excess of that. The dbl cast is tough though, and unless aria of magic got a super dmg boost I can't see my poor troub using that cloak over the fabled version.

Also, not an itemization thing but jeez. ...Ayonic hymn......come on
Old 11-05-2015, 04:46 PM   #98
Caith

Developer

Currently relics are the only prestige items.
Caith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2015, 05:16 PM   #99
Amaitae

Ok so I could either equip the signature quest reward which is prestige or the class cloak, also prestige.
Old 11-05-2015, 05:20 PM   #100
Gninja

Developer

Correct, you can only equip one item flagged as Relic at any given time.
Gninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2015, 05:20 PM   #101
Mogrim

Re: Prestige Cloaks.

Some are incredible, some are terrible.
I want to give some direct(ish) feedback on these cloaks as I see them.

Warlock Cloak: As stated before, Curse of Darkness is already a lag-causing ability, possibly the worst in the game. Making it raid-wide is asking for trouble and/or will probably make this Cloak a net-loss to raid dps if the Warlock wears it and casts Curse of Darkness.

Paladin Cloak: I think Lay on Hands applying as a groupwide ability isn't //completely// worthless, but it also isn't very good, either. There are a few other things that could be done for Paladins that I think would be better.

1) How about converting Divine Aura into a 50% DR (actually, this should be done for the ability as a whole, so nevermind)
2) How about making Sigil Raid-Wide?
3) How about making Heretic's Destruction scale better?
4) Or if you really want Lay on Hands to be the target ability, allow it to be groupwide AND cause the heal to also apply a very large ward as well.
Old 11-05-2015, 05:23 PM   #102
Mogrim

I don't think the Signature Quest Reward is Prestige.

https://gyazo.com/7aad18b04a55f21f97620a7412974a25 <--- Screenshots for all 4 Signature Quest Rings.

Unless you're referring to the Tradeskill Signature Quest Reward?
Old 11-05-2015, 05:31 PM   #103
Amaitae

Yes it seems, not anymore. it was prestige:
[IMG]

maybe I have another item since I was first who finished the signature and it was changed later on.
Old 11-05-2015, 08:43 PM   #104
Amaitae

Question: Are the prestige items the relics of which only one can be equipped ?
Old 11-05-2015, 09:49 PM   #105
Anunnaki

Question about the class relics. Are there multiple tiers of these? Or are the cloaks that are dropping *the* exclusive class effect?
Anunnaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2015, 05:06 AM   #106
Mogrim

In the Livestream, it was stated that certain "Best in Slot" Items could only be obtained by certain methods of playstyle.

I just want to put this out there now, even though it may be too late to fix.
Items aren't best in slot if their Relic tag prevents them from being used because other "more bester" items are also Relic.

As a result, even though the Tradeskill Secondary from the Signature Questline has some nice stats and a cool soloing effect, it won't get used in heroics or raids if that player has a halfway decent OTHER Relic piece. In addition, since the piece has no effects that are remotely useful for raiding/heroic use, it may not even be used over OTHER secondary pieces.
Old 11-06-2015, 05:23 AM   #107
Rondo9

Coercer Cloak

adds +25% base potency to the group to channel

In my opinion this is a complete waste and terrible, here is why:

1) Channel is 7.5 min recast.
2) Duration ? not sure.
3) Illusionist get a direct increase to DPS with their cloak making Prismatic Chaos group wide. (still not good if your in a mage group though.)
4) Again, 7.5 min recast!
5) Finally 7.5 MIN RECAST!!!

My Suggestions:
Group wide Enchanted Vigor
Make the Coercer's pet damage increase by a lot
Make Destructive Mind group wide
Increase the triggers of Hostage or Spell Curse (not sure how that would work with AA's that already do this)
Instead of Channel make this effect mana cloak or even peace of mind.
Old 11-06-2015, 05:24 AM   #108
ZUES

I agree with Mogrim. On the surface it looks great! But without a damage proc the TS relic will be replaced by just about everyone that actually kills stuff.
Old 11-06-2015, 02:54 PM   #109
Amaitae

Okay, since it seems the charm clicky is still not fixed, I show you how ridiculous this item is to convince you that it needs to get fixed:
The parse is from named fight in doa.

[IMG]

[IMG]
Old 11-06-2015, 03:01 PM   #110
Mermut

Since it's a symbol item that is NOT equippable in the ranged slot (unlike most other symbol items) it is already useless for any priest/mage who uses a 2-handed weapon.
Given the ability on it, however, it is DESIGNED for solo play, so I'd say the intent is that it won't be used in heroic/raid content anyway.
Mermut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2015, 06:44 PM   #111
Alexic

Which in turn ostracizes the tradeskillers even more. Already 95% of the stuff we make is not even considered to be bought. Now they give us items that only area to be used in SOLO play? This game's heart was meant to have inter-dependencies opon each other for skills, spells, and abilities. Trade skills appear to be becoming more and more just wasted code. Want to cut some of the game lag? Just eliminate trade skills all together as that is the route game appears to be going by making anything a trade skiller does irrelevent to a group/raid/team of any sort Frown Very unhappy with this.
Old 11-06-2015, 06:51 PM   #112
Mermut

I'm a tradeskiller and I don't feel ostracized by the proc on the item being intended for solo play, my toons that need a merc and don't use 2-handers will probably use it. The stats on it are still nice.
I'm annoyed that, no matter what content it is intended for, it's useless to my warden because I use a two-hande, and, unlikely nearly every other symbol item, this one canNOT be equipped in the ranged slot. A shield (or symbol in secondary slot) is of zero use to a melee priest, it would be decidedly 'sub-optimal' to use a 1-hander instead of a 2-hander.
Old 11-06-2015, 07:11 PM   #113
Alexic

I am a warden also on my main. I agree with that but have made many many posts as to how the making MASTERCRAFTED gear less powerful upon making it weaker that Handcrafted as well as other slights to the tradeskillers in general that I have seen in thus far in ToT is just bringing lag to the game now. Why have 1,000,000 lines of code for items that NOONE would ever use if given to them free yet alone pay Platnum for? I remember when people used to seek out crafters and pay decent gold (back when gold was still relevant more than platnum) for a seven piece set of MASTERCRAFTED armor. If something that is MASTER is inferior to a lesser item it isn't truly MASTER is it? So All my titled tradeskillers (e.g. Master Sage, Master Weaponsmith... etc) truly are an inferior part of game now. I have spent over $10,000 through SoE and DBG since EQ2 launch on Expacs, subscriptions, marketplace, LoN etc and between them apparently not caring about thier veterands and totally ****holing the tradeskillers am ready to throw in the towel now as my opinions/feeedback seem to fall on deaf ears at DBG.... Jus sayin
Old 11-06-2015, 07:19 PM   #114
Mermut

They've been adjusting the MC gear and are deciding whether or not to ditch refining (at least for the ToT gear). I agree that having MC gear out of the gate worse then HC gear was a poorly thought out decision... but they ARE rethinking it and adjusting the gear.

Note: Code that isn't being used doesn't 'cause lag' just by being there.
Old 11-06-2015, 07:26 PM   #115
Arco

TS Relic should have been for a different item slot, but I'm just glad it isn't another piece of gear that has 5 str 5 sta and +20 harvesting, with like 100 mit...

I don't think a TS quest reward should be raid quality best in slot type gear, but so do think it needs to be reasonable.
Old 11-06-2015, 09:14 PM   #116
ZUES

I like the concept of adding a dependency on personal tradeskilling for raiders. Very cool idea. But I think the whole "best in slot" thing was something everyone took to heart. The tank shield is pretty darn nice, as are many other class pieces. But in the end procs will win the day. Caith and Domino should consider adding a unique proc to these offhand relics. Power replenishment or some type of immunity. Ofcoarse we all want damage procs on them but I doubt they will add them. At least with a unique combat proc they will remain relevant and be in our swap sets.
Old 11-07-2015, 02:37 AM   #117
Tinkerbbell

Just checking but the Item Infused Cognizance of Umbra is showing as a Max health and Crit chance Temp adorn. The lesser one has potency, Recovery, reuse and casting speed and Ability Mod on it.

Checking to see if this was intended or if it was a opps.
Old 11-07-2015, 03:28 AM   #118
Sigrdrifa

The quests "Defensive Measures" and "Pollen For the Thrall" give the same reward choices:
  • Evoker's Gearific Chain -- aITEM 609789651 -1585577223 0 0 0:[Evoker's Gearific Chain]/a
  • Zaphardt's Invocation Cable -- aITEM 1881523240 -863262875 0 0 0:[Zaphardt's Invocation Cable]/a
Is this intentional?
Old 11-07-2015, 04:09 AM   #119
kluxor

Can anyone give any insight as to whether an 8/8 purple drops anywhere?
Old 11-07-2015, 11:24 AM   #120
Sigrdrifa

aITEM -1605924603 1494206675:a dhalgar hound drum/a -- The examine window icon has a flute, but the thing says it's a drum. The text and icon should really match.