EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Terrors of Thalumbra Beta > General Beta Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 10-27-2015, 12:54 AM   #31
Kickya

some of the new purple adorns have the exact same stats as previous

some of the quest items crafted don't update the quests ( all the ones I tried so far don't lol )
Kickya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2015, 02:00 AM   #32
Mermut

Wardens have no piercing skill and yet all/most of the piercing weapon quest rewards are useable by wardens
Mermut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2015, 02:44 AM   #33
Ganador

Item: Candle of Darkened Hues

Effect Undercover Assault: adds .01% of the casters Crit Bonus as Potency. - so if we are capped at 3000CB x .01% = 0.3CB
Old 10-27-2015, 02:46 PM   #34
Ganador

Item: Superior Rune (Solo): Damage Per Second
Replaced a Superior Rune: Damage Per Second with the new Solo Superior DPS and lost 8 set bonus.
Old 10-27-2015, 02:49 PM   #35
Yukinoh

Feedback: Crafted stats are off. I feel there is an error in stamina calculation. The reason given for the MC to have lower stats is because of refining and experimentation. I do see some of the reasoning, when I look at the end result, but you should recheck stamina. Rolled an outfitter on the beta to check.

Refining increases at item by 5% base now, not 10%. Experimentation will, at most, raise a few of the stats on a piece of gear by an additional 10%. It will take both refining and experimentation to make the (agi, int, str, wis) of an item actually over that of handcrafted, and given that the stamina values listed for MC gear are fully 30% LOWER than HC, the stamina will never come up to par no matter what you do.

Math tells me (I haven't gathered 15 deepstone roots to blow up ten making refined roots yet, so calculator time)

Fierce Thalumbral Robe (common) - 500 int, 1786 sta, 50.2CB, 50.8POT, 198 attack, 17% MAX HP
Fierce Deepstone Robe (rare) - 459 int, 1220 sta, 52.4CB, 52.9POT, 182 attack, 16.7 MAX HP
Refined/Visionary Fierce Deepstone Robe (rare) - *530 int, *1409 sta, *60.5 CB, *61.1 POT, *210 attack, 17.5 MAX HP

Why should I be, at a minimum, ten thousand HP lighter for wearing a decked out mastercrafted piece? Be fine if the stamina wasn't much higher than HC, because of the CB and POT differences... but much less? Even experimented?
Yukinoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2015, 08:50 PM   #36
Therein

Didn't see anywhere to put down reforging values being wrong, but it is part of itemization.

Reforged 33.9 casting speed, which converts to 27.0 reuse speed. When actually applied, it gave me 54.1 reuse speed. Sounds like it may be doubling the value of the amount supposed to be given. Just tested this out for all stats, it is doing the same thing for all stats I reforge casting speed into.

Also, it gives me the option to reforge casting speed into casting speed.
Old 10-27-2015, 09:04 PM   #37
Caith

Developer

I'm going to stop you here, because this pertinent part of your post. Mastercrafted stats are off, they are awaiting an update in the next day or so.
Caith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2015, 12:36 AM   #38
Uncle

new purple armor adorns are not working with aom purple armor adorns is this intended or will that get fixed especcaly sine there are solo/ heroic versions from what i can tell. which also means they wont work with the cloak purple rune????

Unclebrig
Uncle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2015, 02:07 AM   #39
Caith

Developer

They will all be working in the same sets...when they are working.
Old 10-28-2015, 05:00 AM   #40
Uncle

ok so a bug then thanx
Uncle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2015, 08:55 AM   #41
Jrel

I reforged 105.2 Casting Speed to 336.6 Attack Speed; which is the correct reforge amount on live and it shows the same on my item. However, the Reforge Tab is displaying that it only reforges to 168.3%.

33.9 Casting Speed should reforge to (33.9 times 0.8 times 8 divided by 5) 43.392% Reuse on live.
Jrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2015, 12:39 PM   #42
Beee

A reforging bug:
Actual REUSE -> CASTSPEED is possible, even if the item allready has castspeed

eg aITEM -816837731 885199324 0 0 0:[Bluefist's Spellwoven Sleeves]/a
32 reuse -> 16 castsped, but before reforing there are 40 castspeed at the item
after reforging.. only 16 Smile
Beee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2015, 09:26 PM   #43
ZUES

Cape of Ill-Seen Glory

This cloak is a little bit too common. I see it drop from every named in Thalumbra as well as both named and trash in dungeons. Can you increase the loot table a little bit so these aren't so common? Thanks.
Old 10-28-2015, 09:47 PM   #44
Mermut

Where are the 2-handed healer weapons? I haven't seen any and nobody I've talked to has seen any either. Even if shield ally was still useful, that's only 1 healer class that gets any real benefit from a shield, while every melee healer gets a benefit from a 2-handed weapon.
Old 10-28-2015, 09:49 PM   #45
ZUES

The tank weapon damage bonus set seems to be missing as well. I have seen 2 pieces but nothing from quests. It would be nice to have that option as a reward.
Old 10-28-2015, 11:02 PM   #46
Ansom

Today i have found a Cold Infusion, and i have try to change the weapon damage. After clic use on the item, the icon on the weapon is red, but i have sussessfully modifield my eth tank weapon.
Ansom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2015, 01:57 AM   #47
Caith

Developer

It shouldn't work while the weapon is equipped, which is why it was red. The bug is it working anyway.Thanks for the heads up.
Old 10-29-2015, 03:25 PM   #48
Ansom

the fabled zone have the same setup. No extra *** chance in the armor.

All tank will benefit double cast.. As monk, is a very nice stats, more agro, and dragonfire can dc XD
Old 10-29-2015, 04:50 PM   #49
Marranda

after doing most of the quest line, I found that I was really happy to see that the gear is good for alts. I found a lot of mine in the last xpac just couldn't get the gear to keep playing them. And I think this will make the quest line more viable to run on multiple toons now Smile Where as in aom, we received a mount that was quickly replaced with the heroic mount. Making the quest line not even worth doing. I haven't found many bugs in the beta other than the stuff that has already been posted. And issues with log for the server the last day and a half.
The ONE thing I do not like at all, is having to blindly quest, meaning no feathers for the quest givers in most cases, this is not FUN at all. And if your not a scout u cant even track names, unless u want to go to SC and buy trackers which I truly do not wish to do on 12 or more alts. To me I find it annoying and rage quit after a few hours of searching endlessly to try to find where or what to do next. A game is meant to be fun not annoying and frustrating. I like the zone other than the baby poo yellow one hehe; It tends to hurt my eyes if I stay in it to long.
Over all good job to the staff. And I am looking forward to the xpac realize!
Old 10-29-2015, 05:13 PM   #50
ZUES

Mitigation on all ToT armor needs to be bumped up please. Currently it's all below AoM values.

All ToT weapon ratings need a small boost as well please. Currently they are all below AoM values.

Can we also get all scout and tank quest reward options to include a WDB set?
Old 10-29-2015, 05:50 PM   #51
Mermut

Guardians and Berserkers don't have any spells, so double cast is worthless do them. Double cast doesn't help melee priests (or channelers) becauce heals don't double cast.
Old 10-29-2015, 06:06 PM   #52
Ansom

Well... some monk CA doublecast. Tongue

Zeus, you have see any fabled armor? seems to have right mit value, at least for brawler.
Old 10-29-2015, 08:16 PM   #53
Simpala

On heroic/quest armors there is no extra parry chance, extra riposte chance etc stats. So even these armors have better stats aom gear still is still better against auto attack mobs.

Also for hybrid tank classes like pally/sk flurry doesnt mean anything at all. Double cast is much benefit for crusaders is there any chance to add also double cast chance on some of waist/cloaks.
Old 10-30-2015, 04:33 PM   #54
ZUES

Nope have not seen any yet. Still pecking away at the sig line between work calls.
Old 10-30-2015, 06:17 PM   #55
ZUES

Bug - Clicking the below item puts a red text error message in chat that says "Your Vigor can no longer be maintained because you are no longer wearing the item that maintains it". I do have it equipped but it still won't work. I am not wearing any kind of EV item other than that. Swashy.

[IMG]
Old 10-30-2015, 10:49 PM   #56
Trakanom

The standard single target and encounter taunts doublecast. Both threat and damage.
[IMG]
And at least warden and mystic CAs use SDA to doublecast. I would assume it's the same for inquisitors as well.
[IMG][IMG]
Trakanom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2015, 11:37 PM   #57
Zuicidal

Having the exact same issue with this item.
Zuicidal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2015, 12:43 AM   #58
Mermut

Is that double attack? Or the item and/or adornment that lets combat arts double cast?
Because when I look at my parses, I don't see any of my combat arts double-casting. Granted, I'm not specced FOR double cast, but group buffs and temps do put me over 100% casting speed in raid, so I'd expect to see SOME.
Old 10-31-2015, 12:53 AM   #59
Trakanom

None of the three chars I listed had any specific combat art doubling item/adorn. It's all SDa from feof cloak and rc belt.

Mystic
Warden
Trakanom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2015, 01:35 AM   #60
Mermut

Interesting. I run with the rum cellar belt, fabled cloak and I'm not seeing my CAs double cast in the parse.