EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > The Tavern > Norrathian Homeshow
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 04-05-2012, 02:24 AM   #1
ClawsDragonkin

Loremaster

I've made a very nice home in the Storm Tower Isle but it's very hard to tour because the lag makes it almost impossible to move without bumping into walls.

Everyone I've talked to on the /homeshow channels agrees that after placing 100 items the zone starts to lag and the more items placed the worse the lag becomes. I have 1085 in my Strom Isle and the only way to stop lagging into walls is turning down the graphics. I have two qeynos signs at the zone in suggesting you turn down your graphics to Extreme Performace and maximize the texture and character resolutions.

If those of us who purchased the STI  had a /storm off-on command or you greatly reduce the Storm effect and frequency more people would purchase the Storm Tower isle home.

You can tour my home and see for yourself how awefull the lag can be. Twinight's Tower Fortress can be toured on the AB Housing Leadership under the Massive home tab or you visit thru the prestige portal in South Qeynos on Antonia Bayle and choose Twinight in the Storm Tower Isle.

I only posted this here because it was getting ignored in the performance section. Thank you for your time and please fix that zone.

ClawsDragonkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 02:27 AM   #2
Nynaeve

Loremaster

and make some windows into the tower plus a ladder to climb to the top

Nynaeve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 04:31 AM   #3
Sybaris

Loremaster

ClawsDragonkin wrote:

... If those of us who purchased the STI  had a /storm off-on command or you greatly reduce the Storm effect and frequency more people would purchase the Storm Tower isle home. ...

I fully agree.Can you please turn down the sound there? I mostly enjoy the sounds of Norrath but on the Storm Island it's too much, I cannot stay there more asabout 5 minutes, the noise makes me a headache ... and the horrible lag because of the effects makes me sad for wasting my time there ... watching an equipped island is impossible and I always have to goaway from there asap.

SMILEYTariya

Sybaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 10:13 AM   #4
SecrAtive Girl

Loremaster

i like the storm tower the way it is. i hope they do not shut off the rain, but i do like the idea of a /rainoff command. i doubt they will add that though.

SecrAtive Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 10:47 AM   #5
Deveryn
Server: Lucan DLere
Guild: Fourth Wall

Loremaster

I shifted a TT island project over to this house and the lag is absolutely horrible. I didn't even unpack everything yet.

Rain should be off by default with an option to turn it on.

Old 04-05-2012, 10:56 AM   #6
Afista

Loremaster

I would love to see a solution to the lag while still being able to have the rain on. (although an option to turn on and off might be nice! But, I suspect it would be like our Frostfell trees and not stay on/off until reset every time) I thought they said they were woking on solutions in an earlier thread?

I'd desperately love to buy one of these homes, but I don't want to deal with the lag so many people are reporting.

Click Image for link to decorating consolidated works website

Consolidated Works Fourm Thread
Afista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 03:13 PM   #7
Sharann
Server: Runnyeye
Guild: Order of the Guiding Light

Loremaster

I have not bought this house for the sole reason of lag. I visited a few posted on the leaderboards and it was just unbearable. Frame rate was 5-6/sec with most options off (water, shadows, light, textures to minimum etc).

A solution must be found as it is currently not manageable. I guess if a option to switch off the rain is implemented, rain will never again be switched back on

Old 04-05-2012, 05:26 PM   #8
snarlycarly

Loremaster

[email protected] Bayle wrote:

i like the storm tower the way it is. i hope they do not shut off the rain, but i do like the idea of a /rainoff command. i doubt they will add that though.

Ditto, I only have about 200 hundred items on mine and it's fine - no lag at all.  I have however attempted to tour other's islands and I suspect it's because they are building their own structures that is causing the problem?  One was so bad I couldn't even move past the zone in point however from what I could see in that brief moment, the entire island was filled with items.

Perhaps an alternative island could be offered for those that like to build their own buildings and push the items limit - and it could have a no rain option?  Then everyone would be content.

snarlycarly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 02:28 PM   #9
Deveryn
Server: Lucan DLere
Guild: Fourth Wall

Loremaster

snarlycarly wrote:

[email protected] Bayle wrote:

Ditto, I only have about 200 hundred items on mine and it's fine - no lag at all.  I have however attempted to tour other's islands and I suspect it's because they are building their own structures that is causing the problem?  One was so bad I couldn't even move past the zone in point however from what I could see in that brief moment, the entire island was filled with items.

Perhaps an alternative island could be offered for those that like to build their own buildings and push the items limit - and it could have a no rain option?  Then everyone would be content.

I have 420 items in mine. That's a little over half the limit, which shouldn't cause a problem. These were fine on the TT island. The only issue I ever encountered there was they wouldn't all render immediately.

I like this idea for a separate zone without so many effects. Maybe they could try out one of these leaderboard homes with different settings to see what works.

Old 04-07-2012, 05:25 PM   #10
Bremethor Uthorzant

Loremaster

I wish they would have an on and off switch in here since i have been wanting to add to mine but i fear for the problematic and inevitable lag factor that plagues these homes. I have gone into certain storm islands and had a woeful FPS of 2 or 3 and that's just insane. How someone could expect me to get around like that is beyond me. I also don't think i should have to lower my graphics in a home since there are so much wonderful items and objects that would lose their lustre under lowered graphic settings. If there were any way to decrease the lag in this zone it would be greatly appreciated and i know that other discussions in the homeshow have asked for similar. I know that i would love to turn my place into a pirate haven but with the amount of FPS i have been afraid to pursue it further past the 450+ item count its currently at. Maybe i can keep an eye out and see if something comes of all the posts i have seen about this house. 

Old 04-09-2012, 11:23 AM   #11
tile

Lord

Hey man.

I posted a similar complaint here over a month ago.

http://forums.station.sony.com/eq2/...5719632#5719632

The response I got was that they were looking into it. I also petitioned and got the biggest run around in history. They kept saying it was my computer. Even after I DECLARED EVERY SINGLE PERSON that has visted has suffered severe lag in my Stormwind Isle, they still said it was my settings and computer.

If you want to continue decorating, I suggest you turn the performance down to extreme. This gets rid of the lag entirely because the rain is gone completely, except for the sound.

I spent dozens and dozens of hours decorating mine only to have people teleport out because of the lag. I am definitely a little frustrated...

Check it out if you want>> Darkmoore Fortress on Guk

tile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 02:58 PM   #12
Zehl_Ice-Fire

Loremaster

I know it's good for immersion but I hate the rain in the cities, it makes it so laggy.

Katayira: DE Inquisitor/Alchemist/Tinker
Musette: Evil Pixie Dirge/tailor
also max woodworker, jeweler, and armorer
ask me for FB
Zehl_Ice-Fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 09:12 PM   #13
ClawsDragonkin

Loremaster

As far as I know nothing as yet has been done to fix the extreme lag problem in this zone. I'll check back weekly to give a update.

Old 04-20-2012, 02:12 AM   #14
ClawsDragonkin

Loremaster

Thank you so much! No more rain!