EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Class Discussion > Scout's Den > Ranger
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 12-31-2009, 11:14 PM   #1
duddwin

Lord

im a evil ranger so i was wondering i heard either Anashti Sul or Brislebane for max dps what would be the best choice taking into consideration of the cloak, the pet, the blessings, and the miracles.

considering im evil ranger i can get Anashti Sul w/o having to betray and i can get brislebane so what would be the best choice for raid and group dps. and good for pvp.

duddwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 05:05 PM   #2
duddwin

Lord

bump

duddwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 02:46 AM   #3
Lethe5683

Loremaster

I'm not really familiar with Anashti Sul but I use bristlebane and it works quite well.  There are some DPS increasing blessings as well as some that give you immunities to all control effects for a certain amount of time.  Plus the pet has the best stats, although that's not really a big deal.

Lethe5683 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 05:10 AM   #4
glowsintheda

General

doesn't bristlebane just give agi on the pet?  I personally go with Karana and use the 5 rda 20 DPS blessing and the rez your group even if you are dead miracle, but I don't raid much anymore so your needs may be different

glowsintheda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 06:34 PM   #5
Neiloch

Loremaster

I've been using bristlebane for the stun immunity self buff. Works great on raid mobs that have those DS's that stun/stifle
Old 01-02-2010, 09:38 PM   #6
Lethe5683

Loremaster

glowsinthedark wrote:

doesn't bristlebane just give agi on the pet?  I personally go with Karana and use the 5 rda 20 DPS blessing and the rez your group even if you are dead miracle, but I don't raid much anymore so your needs may be different

Yes bristlebane is the only AGI pet.  And bristlebane has a miracle that makes mobs totaly forget about you and break then puts everyone into stealth.

[email protected] wrote:

I've been using bristlebane for the stun immunity self buff. Works great on raid mobs that have those DS's that stun/stifle

Yeah I definatly use that one the most often.

Lethe5683 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 01:19 AM   #7
glowsintheda

General

tunare pet has agi (and wis)on it also, but for the most part the buff from the pet is more or less trivial.  I like karana, has extra meaning for me since my ranger in EQ1 was a karana follower also, but for others it may not be as great.

glowsintheda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 08:44 AM   #8
Noob1974

Loremaster

I use Karana for the 5 RDA and 20 DPS. I use the 40% Snare on Raidmobs when we are killing them for the first time and they are under 10% just to make sure it goes smothly. 

Anashti Pte gives STR and Int but raidwise you should be over 1000 Str easily. I know evil dirges and coercer take the 10min  group dmg proc of anashti sul in raid just to max alittle bit more dps.

Noob1974 is offline   Reply With Quote