EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > The Tavern > Norrathian Homeshow
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 09-02-2008, 05:41 AM   #1
Vooz

General

OkOk as amazing as it may sound NOT everyone want's to RP as a vampire (/duck)I am a pirate... not a huge RPer but still a pirate. But there is no piraty stuff for my home... Except for a lame small flag and a ship wheel... That's it. No big gold chests, no jewels, no coin stacks, nada...Domino, i know ur busy as a bee doing home stuff but could u maybe add afew Pirate things pls? Something liek a open chests full of gold, coins, crowns, rings, whatever it is that u might think of. Many are trying to make a REAL pirate home and we have no items to use except for a few closed chests and the one with skulls and they are not really treasure...We havea  pirate class, almost...(swashy) but no pirate stuff...Pls? /whisper Will buy you icecream from now till u are old!

Vooz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 05:43 AM   #2
Lillaanya

Loremaster

The /claim vet reward chest that reduces rent amount can be opened.

Sig by Adiene
Lillaanya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 06:26 AM   #3
Vooz

General

Lillaanya wrote:
not really Gold, Jewels, Coins, Shiny... BESIDES we don't all have 4 years in game SMILEYMust i really play 4 years to be a pirate? SMILEY

Old 09-02-2008, 09:12 AM   #4
Lady Zagora

Loremaster

I have been wanting some pirate stuff for a while... I have a swashy myself and would LOVE to be able to do her up a nice shiny pirate cave. Closest I came was putting some of the HQ stuff "in" one of the chests and putting some of the glittering temptation from the storm quests down in it too. :/
Old 09-02-2008, 09:30 AM   #5
Beckah

Tester

I think there's a lot of already really neat looking pirate themes that several here have decorated with what we already have, BUT there could be a few more items added that would not only be for pirates but for all.Even if some of these items are given as event rewards or even guide event rewards, just a way to be able to get some items in there.

Beckah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 09:52 AM   #6
wullailhuit

Loremaster

Lillaanya wrote:
Hmm...wonder what it would look like if I 'buy' lots of those glowing shinies from the current event and put them in the open chest.
Old 09-02-2008, 10:43 AM   #7
Vooz

General

wullailhuit wrote:
Lillaanya wrote:
Hmm...wonder what it would look like if I 'buy' lots of those glowing shinies from the current event and put them in the open chest.
like a bucket glowbugs... nothing pirate about it!I'm talking REAL pirate stuff... GOLD, MANY COINS, ETC... Stuff that a pirate could be proud of not ashamed with

Old 09-02-2008, 12:13 PM   #8
valkry

Gnombie!!

valkry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 12:22 PM   #9
Sayne

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:
OkOk as amazing as it may sound NOT everyone want's to RP as a vampire (/duck)I am a pirate... not a huge RPer but still a pirate. But there is no piraty stuff for my home... Except for a lame small flag and a ship wheel... That's it. No big gold chests, no jewels, no coin stacks, nada...Domino, i know ur busy as a bee doing home stuff but could u maybe add afew Pirate things pls? Something liek a open chests full of gold, coins, crowns, rings, whatever it is that u might think of. Many are trying to make a REAL pirate home and we have no items to use except for a few closed chests and the one with skulls and they are not really treasure...We havea pirate class, almost...(swashy) but no pirate stuff...Pls? /whisper Will buy you icecream from now till u are old!
As someone already stated, the vet reward chest opens up and is full of gold and jewels.  There's the gigglegibber ring which is a large ring for your house, the ship in a bottle, several pirate-y things like the chest of skulls and the skeleton on the post, the Xegonie chest is a rich-looking chest, and the sconces are a similar gold-ish looking material, there's the dragon busts which look golden, as well as all of the dragon statues, plus one of the xegonite bowls is golden. There's the vengeful musicians painting which is a good pirate-looking painting.  And have you seen the pirate ship someone posted on this forum? It was insanely good.There are plenty of items if you know where to look and how to use them SMILEY  I'm not saying there shouldn't be more because I'm all for adding more player-made housing items, but there really are a lot of items you can use.
Decorator LFW!
Sayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 12:51 PM   #10
Eveningsong

Tester

Keep in mind, too, that your average pirate kept his booty buried somewhere safe so that no one could steal it! SMILEY  Too bad the opened veteran treasure chest doesn't actually stay open...
Eveningsong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 01:12 PM   #11
Vooz

General

Eveningsong wrote:
Keep in mind, too, that your average pirate kept his booty buried somewhere safe so that no one could steal it! SMILEY
I'm the kinda pirate that likes to brag about his treasure and show of SMILEY

Old 09-02-2008, 01:12 PM   #12
Lillaanya

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:
Lillaanya wrote:
not really Gold, Jewels, Coins, Shiny... BESIDES we don't all have 4 years in game SMILEYMust i really play 4 years to be a pirate? SMILEY
Actually it is gold jewels, coin and shiny...

Sig by Adiene
Lillaanya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 02:36 PM   #13
Vooz

General

Lillaanya wrote:
[email protected] wrote:
Lillaanya wrote:
Actually it is gold jewels, coin and shiny...
okok it is STILL not everyone has 4 years into the game

Old 09-02-2008, 03:07 PM   #14
Amphibia

Loremaster

Eveningsong wrote:
Keep in mind, too, that your average pirate kept his booty buried somewhere safe so that no one could steal it! SMILEY  Too bad the opened veteran treasure chest doesn't actually stay open...
Yeah, wouldn't it be great if items that can be opened or activated would actually stay that way.... But since they don't, how about making one instead?

Amphibia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 03:25 PM   #15
valkry

Gnombie!!

Very cool, Amphibia. I could never figure out a decent use for the foot-locker full of skulls, but they work nicely with all the shiney bits you found to stick in there.

valkry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 03:37 PM   #16
GrunEQ

Tester

There is a LoN promotion good till 9-5-08 that for $10 you can get a small parrot that sits on your shoulder, plus 3 booster packs.

"O to be a voyager and a yoyeur no longer."

GrunEQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 04:07 PM   #17
Eveningsong

Tester

Thank you!  Not being from the US, I didn't qualify to join the tournaments that offered those, but I was happy to be able to get a parrot still SMILEY.Yarr matey!
Old 09-02-2008, 04:09 PM   #18
Eveningsong

Tester

Amphibia wrote:
Eveningsong wrote:
Keep in mind, too, that your average pirate kept his booty buried somewhere safe so that no one could steal it! SMILEY Too bad the opened veteran treasure chest doesn't actually stay open...
Yeah, wouldn't it be great if items that can be opened or activated would actually stay that way.... But since they don't, how about making one instead?
Excellent treasure chest!  and I could see also using maybe a candelabra or vanadium vase or some of the other heritage items to fill out additional chests. 
Old 09-03-2008, 11:41 AM   #19
Raven_Ancient

Loremaster

If I remember correctly the seafury buccaneers have some piratey faction rewards. A (oh dear I've forgotten my maritime termonology) steering wheel, a sharks head on a plaque. At least the deck wheel is maritime and potentially piratey.
Old 09-03-2008, 11:53 AM   #20
Domino

Loremaster

Zindi had made a pretty cool treasure room a while back:There's also now a bowl of blue gems from one of the RoK collection quests which would look nice also, and probably other stuff too that's been added since then.While I can't think of any immediate plans for more pirate type booty house items, who knows what the future may bring.
Domino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 12:26 PM   #21
WikiView

Loremaster

plz make it able to take coin from your inventory (copper, silver, gold and plat) and put it on the groundhow cool could it look to have a stack of plat lying in the corner of your pirate cave SMILEY
Old 09-03-2008, 12:34 PM   #22
Vooz

General

We ALL know the treasure chests that drop from mobs... Small, Standars, Exquisite, etc... They are already here... Make them available as carpenter recipes or quested, or whatever.They are as piraty as they can be. Once u open them they have shiny stuff in, glowing thingies...Make them so they can stay opened or closed... And u have yourself a real pirate chest...And there's no need to MAKE them since well... we have them...

Old 09-03-2008, 02:45 PM   #23
Giland

Tester

I believe the dwarven ringmail tunic heritage quest turns into a chest when made into a house item.Not open though, but could work with the theme.
Giland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 02:51 PM   #24
Eveningsong

Tester

Yep, it actually has the same graphic as the veteran chest, it just doesn't open.  Definitely a nice "treasure chest" graphic though SMILEY.
Old 09-03-2008, 02:52 PM   #25
Vooz

General

[email protected] wrote:
We ALL know the treasure chests that drop from mobs... Small, Standars, Exquisite, etc... They are already here... Make them available as carpenter recipes or quested, or whatever.They are as piraty as they can be. Once u open them they have shiny stuff in, glowing thingies...Make them so they can stay opened or closed... And u have yourself a real pirate chest...And there's no need to MAKE them since well... we have them...
SMILEY

Old 09-03-2008, 03:50 PM   #26
Atmu

Loremaster

Hi,something that could be added is maybe armors and weapons displayed on Manequins.

Not cheap, I agree but armors are treasures.

greetings Mu!

Atmu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 04:40 PM   #27
Zehl_Ice-Fire

Loremaster

I don't think anyone mentioned the ship in the bottle! There are 2:http://eq2.wikia.com/wiki/An_iksar_...hip_in_a_bottleIt is tradable so if you didn't get it from the quest you can buy it on the market, it was a world event leading into RoK and no longer in game.aITEM -1799980195 1109810527:The Far Pelican/ahttp://eq2.wikia.com/wiki/The_Far_PelicanFrom the access quest to the Island of Mara, The Far, Far Away Far Pelican (which was never required, but it has a cool reward so I'm glad it isin game). This one is no trade but it's still in the game. You have to be mid 50s to be able to do this, you can pick it up at any level but the mobs do not scale down.Other things I think are piratable:wooden platformstentspillowspalm treesgolden dragon statuesshark head from scout faction in freeportdirty kegsXegonite chestbroken bench (drunken pirates make broken benches SMILEY  )skeleteny items: candle with skull, impaled skeletonthe arc from freeport tradeskill factionZindi's booty room is awesome: paintings, chalices, candelabras, potteryHere's some I found on a fast search as well:The Dirigible - a gnome air ship by Staryen, could be a water shipZpike's pirate ship houseFor a coin, I'm still hoping someday the original boat ride talking coins will become a house item. I actually petitioned recently to get one from each side back on 2 of my characters and got them.You can make any theme you want really. I'm good at thinking up themed ideas as I wander through eq2traders gallery for the jillionth time, I just never have time to do them SMILEY.
Katayira: DE Inquisitor/Alchemist/Tinker
Musette: Evil Pixie Dirge/tailor
also max woodworker, jeweler, and armorer
ask me for FB
Zehl_Ice-Fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 04:40 PM   #28
Vooz

General

Have like 8-9 of em from LoN and 2 from in-gameWhat i am talking about is a treasure chest that looks like one. That would make any pirate a happy pirate.Vampires have 3 coffins (wood one, sathirian one and LoN one)... Pirates have some lame skull chest... SMILEY

Old 09-03-2008, 04:44 PM   #29
Zehl_Ice-Fire

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:
Have like 8-9 of em from LoN and 2 from in-gameWhat i am talking about is a treasure chest that looks like one. That would make any pirate a happy pirate.Vampires have 3 coffins (wood one, sathirian one and LoN one)... Pirates have some lame skull chest... SMILEY
On that note, there are way more than 3 pirate items in game so nana SMILEYflagship wheelsword type lore or hert rewards2 ships in bottlesmounted shark headskulls with candles on themI can go on but I already did in another post hehe.
Katayira: DE Inquisitor/Alchemist/Tinker
Musette: Evil Pixie Dirge/tailor
also max woodworker, jeweler, and armorer
ask me for FB
Zehl_Ice-Fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 05:06 PM   #30
Vooz

General

all i'm asking is for a treasure chest with stuff in it that shines and looks treasury SMILEY