EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Class Discussion > Scout's Den > Ranger
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 07-05-2008, 08:01 PM   #1
Qualash

Apprentice

So I have done a little research and its looking like Karana is the best god for a ranger to follow. Anyone have a different take on this?
Qualash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 08:14 PM   #2
shadowedwolf

Loremaster

I would think Karna would be a good choice, but most any of the good Gods would work depending on play style.

Really don't know to much about the other Gods, but from experiance (my Ranger is a follower of) Tunare isn't a bad choice either, as you can use the heal spells from her miricles/blessings, and there are a few others that help with ranged. That and her pet gives a wis/agi bonus.

At anyrate, it couldn't hurt taking a look at the plus and minues of each diety and go with what you like the most. Good luck and safe hunting. SMILEY

Old 07-07-2008, 04:11 PM   #3
Solaar Wynd

Loremaster

I've gone with both Mith Marr and Karana and am glad I did.  Here are the Pros and Cons as I see them:

Mith Marr Pros:

- Mith Marr Cloak is considered the best "good" deity cloak for combat-types

- Mith Marr Pet adds Str (which Rangers can use) and Wis (which isn't so useful)

Mith Marr Cons:

- Blessings and Miracles just aren't that great for Rangers.  No Archery or Ranged Enhancements.  They are much more Tank/Healer oriented.

Karana Pros:

- Karana Cloak adds +50 to CA, which isn't too shabby.

- Has Blessing that adds +5% to Ranged Double Attacks and +20dps - Great Ranger Option!

- Has Miracle that instantly (combat!) rezzes all group members within 25m radius.  Sure it's not your usual Ranger skill, but it certainly has come in handy for me.  It's allowed me to save groups from near-wipes and has made wipe recovery as easy as clicking one button.  I'm constantly having people ask how the heck I did that. SMILEY

Karana Cons:

- Pet gives bonuses to Wis and Int.  Sure we can use Int, but Str is better bang for buck.

If I had it to do over I'd go with Mith Marr first for the Cloak then switch over to Karana for the Blessings and Miracles.  I did it the other way around - Karana first then moved over to Mith Marr.  I got the Mith Marr cloak, but soon realized I didn't really like the Blessings and Miracles.  I returned to Karana, but since I wasn't able to run all the Karana quests again I had to totally rebuild favor with Karana from scratch, which is (still) costing me a LOT of magic items.

Arador Stormbow80th Ranger of KaranaPermafrost Server

Solaar Wynd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 05:06 PM   #4
Starwindz

Lord

Best God is Zek. He has the best dps cloak in game before SoH cloak (I forget name). Also, Zek has some nice miracles and such. On the flip side, you need to be exiled to get cloak.

With that said, Marr is probably best choice cloak wise. Also, pet adds str and wis.

Starwindz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 11:01 AM   #5
Ranja

Loremaster

Starwindz wrote:

Best God is Zek. He has the best dps cloak in game before SoH cloak (I forget name). Also, Zek has some nice miracles and such. On the flip side, you need to be exiled to get cloak.

With that said, Marr is probably best choice cloak wise. Also, pet adds str and wis.

As I stated in an earlier thread:http://forums.station.sony.com/eq2/...topic_id=417523The best DPS cloak is Zek as Star says. Second to that is Marr.

Thoghmor, 70 Troll Bruiser

Rotir, 90 Dark Elf Swash

Terrano, 82 Dark Elf Dirge

Aymon, 90, Barbarian Shadowknight

The Destroyer of Worlds:

http://s7.gladiatus.com/game/c.php?uid=84341
Ranja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 12:14 PM   #6
Kitsune286

Loremaster

I like Bristlebane, but admittidly, the thing I love is..."SPOON!""