EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Class Discussion > Scout's Den > Ranger
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 03-04-2006, 12:46 AM   #31
Fireci

Loremaster

Thank you Thank you Thank you!

Thank you for taking the time to look into our complaints instead of just brushing us all aside as a bunch of belly-achers.  There are issues with Rangers and I look forward to seeing how your proposed changes will play out.

Thank you!!!

Fireci - 62 Ranger - Najena
Fireci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2006, 12:48 AM   #32
IllusiveThoughts

Loremaster

wow fantastic news for all you rangers!  rejoice.
IllusiveThoughts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2006, 12:51 AM   #33
Bithnar

Loremaster

WOOOOOO HOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

Thank you so much for posting this GREAT News.

Old 03-04-2006, 12:51 AM   #34
Ethyarion

Loremaster

Exceptionally good news, much appreciated.

L70, Crushbone server.
Ethyarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2006, 12:51 AM   #35
Giallolas

Loremaster

I think it's great you guys are getting responses to the ranger issues.  This is just awesome.  Now about Templar solo issues....

"It was more power efficient for me to rez you than to heal you"
Giallolas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2006, 12:59 AM   #36
Smi

While it is certainly great that someone is finally looking into improving the class, doesn't it show a distinct problem with your development methodology to so tear down a class (and on the eve of a new expansion!) and then build it up at a later date?  Why not slowly decrease the power of the class while making tweaks here and there to reach the end instead of cutting out our legs (and ignoring and insulting our feedback beforehand, I'm looking at you Blackguard) without a second thought?An although I am tempted to reactivate my account at this news, we shouldn't be where we are today.  I hope the development team realizes that the approach they took here was absolutely not a good way to keep your customers happy, and in my case it cost you 2xKOS purchases and probably 6-12 months minumum of monthly subscriptions (+ any future revenue).  
Smi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2006, 01:00 AM   #37
Serakk

Loremaster

Thankyou,Thankyou ,Thankyou Lockeye You are the man! Thanks for looking into this,and giving us the heads up communication that so many of us needed.

/salute
/cheer
Old 03-04-2006, 01:03 AM   #38
Telaris

Loremaster

Thank you so much for listenning to the comments about ranger DPS....

Telaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2006, 01:04 AM   #39
Dejah

Loremaster

Great news!  Go go power rangers! :smileyvery-happy:
Old 03-04-2006, 01:05 AM   #40
Bithnar

Loremaster

Dejah wrote:
Great news!  Go go power rangers! :smileyvery-happy:
Ack! Now cut that out :smileytongue:
Old 03-04-2006, 01:06 AM   #41
Blackin_DeMast

OMG  THis is so awesome.  Thank you so much Devs, lockeye, and all the ragners that helpedmaking a solid case for some chagnes after LU#20.   I can't wait to see these changes.
Old 03-04-2006, 01:06 AM   #42
Serventof Wrath

Loremaster

Thank you

I know it's been said but just taking the time to let us know that we are being looked at has really made my day.

Oolan Woodswraith

53 Ranger Najena

Serventof Wrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2006, 01:11 AM   #43
Gumbercules

Loremaster

Sounds good so far, will have to sees how it all plays out in game.
Gumbercules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2006, 01:14 AM   #44
Baelor_xev

Lord

The only thing that makes me nervous is didn't it kinda sound like casting timers were going to be increased on our bow CAs, or was he simply stating that our bow CA cast timers are already longer...-bae
Baelor_xev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2006, 01:17 AM   #45
kartikeya

Loremaster

Thank you so, so much. I'll echo a previous poster, this has really made my day.

Old 03-04-2006, 01:17 AM   #46
Dirtgirl

Loremaster

<3Thank you for the info. I look foward to seeing how it plays out.Now about those arrows.... lol

Old 03-04-2006, 01:18 AM   #47
ChaosUndivided

Loremaster

Baelor_xev wrote:The only thing that makes me nervous is didn't it kinda sound like casting timers were going to be increased on our bow CAs, or was he simply stating that our bow CA cast timers are already longer...-bae

Correct, most Assasin and Melee Combat arts have 0.5s Cast times, where as most bow arts range from 1.5-3.0 Seconds.
ChaosUndivided is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2006, 01:26 AM   #48
TaleraRis

Loremaster

The root is excellent news, but I'm curious how short of a duration we're speaking of.

Also, is there any chance our casting times could be looked into at least a little bit? I realize they're supposed to take longer to cast than Assassins, but it seems excessive atm and would really help if we could get another shot or two off when soloing.

Thank you very much for the communication, btw. I think that means more to some of us than actual changes to improve the class.

Message Edited by TaleraRis on 03-03-200603:27 PM

Najena

Morgasand Ka'Bael
54 Roswellian Mind Scrambler
87 Shield Polisher
Najena
TaleraRis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2006, 01:26 AM   #49
GoGuard

Lord

Its not often that I post on any forum boards, more of a lurking reader. But if this news is enough to cause me to post a message, then its good news indeed. I have been miserable since LU 20 and was seriously thinking of canceling my account.

After reading Lockeyes post I will wait for a while to evaluate the changes.

Just goes to show you how bad Rangers really are currently that we are getting fixes so quickly. To all those who have been on the boards saying its not that bad and stop whining. I think this is all that you should need to see that it is that bad for us post LU 20

Cheers to SOE

Swampsong Danger'Toad
51 Ranger
Lucan D'lere

GoGuard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2006, 01:32 AM   #50
LayyZ

Loremaster

:smileyhappy:
LayyZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2006, 01:36 AM   #51
macte

From the bottom of my heart....

Thank You

It is so great to hear that you haven't abandoned us.  Further, the changes suggested here are exactly the kind of thing I was looking for.  Making us more viable in solo and groups, while preserving our archery basis.

Message Edited by mactell on 03-03-200612:38 PM

macte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2006, 01:36 AM   #52
macte

Sorry for the double post.  This forum system really hates me.

Message Edited by mactell on 03-03-200612:38 PM

macte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2006, 01:39 AM   #53
Makkaio

Loremaster

Wow.

Now I can go back to playing my "main" character SMILEY

Just wow.

Old 03-04-2006, 01:41 AM   #54
Bithnar

Loremaster

Baelor_xev wrote:The only thing that makes me nervous is didn't it kinda sound like casting timers were going to be increased on our bow CAs, or was he simply stating that our bow CA cast timers are already longer...-bae

I actually reread the comment and it sound more like he is just stating that we already have longer CA timers on our bow shots not that they are going to be increased.  Would be nice if they decreased thier timers a bit, especially the reuse timers but I am still very happy with the changes proposed here.
Old 03-04-2006, 01:44 AM   #55
Waveserpent

Loremaster

/sigh's with reliefThanks
Waveserpent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2006, 01:45 AM   #56
Kthaara

Loremaster

Wonderful news, especially for the solo crowd.  Thanks for the response -
Old 03-04-2006, 01:49 AM   #57
lilmohi

Loremaster

This is so great and i'm very excited to see this is being adressed now instead of 6 months down that road. 

Can you guy's also look into our arrow consumption rate.  Before going out with a group i take over 2,000 arrows, but even though i hit both my arrow creation abilities as soon as they pop after about 3 hours i'm halfway out of ammo.  If you could tweak our arrow creation abilities a bit it would help a lot, such as the Rip line being made so it summons 1 arrow per level of quality instead of just 1.  At adept 1 that summons 5 arrows, and i think that would be a nice step in the right direction.  As it stands right now in order to replace my arrow stores, i either spend a lot of cash or 3 or so hours in town doing nothing but summoning.

lilmohi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2006, 01:56 AM   #58
ReynardTheFox

Loremaster

Funny to see all you posters kissing this guy's [Removed for Content]. The developers lack of foresight is why Rangers have been broken from day one. First underpowered, then overpowered. They waltz in with their "justified" set of changes that redically alters the gameplay, and more importantly, the fun of people who have invested significant time, in-game cash and emotional attachment to their Rangers. The cumulative effect of these "systemic repairs" left us feeling totally dejected.Don't get me wrong I'm glad they are doing something but the EQ1 devs were also adept and chopping and changing established classes and it annoyed the hell out of everyone then too!They should come here, cap in hand, begging forgiveness for imposing unnecessary torment to innocent gamers!
ReynardTheFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2006, 01:56 AM   #59
Dirtgirl

Loremaster

** very short stun to be able to back out and complete two ranged arts**

Does that sound like about 6 seconds to you guys?

Old 03-04-2006, 01:58 AM   #60
evilpants

Lord

" and on top of that we need to buy poisons to keep our DPS up.  Other DPS classes dont have these requirements. "

uh..*cough*Assassinsusepoisonstoo*cough*

" Using tier relevent arrows is really expensive considering we can go through 10+ stacks a night.  Maybe our summoned arrows can be bumped to be inline with the store bought arrows ?"

I can see this as being a problem. Maybe if your summon arrows summoned arrows inline with the summoners tier it would help keep your costs down. Or does it already do this? If summon arrows were to summon tier related arrows perhaps the arrows should be no trade so it cannot be exploited (summoning tons of arrows and selling on brokers, merchant, etc.)

Haephestus/Guk/Assassin

evilpants is offline   Reply With Quote