EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Class Discussion > Scout's Den > Ranger
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 05-24-2006, 08:20 PM   #61
Jowita

Loremaster

Come on, let's get this stickied already! This is by far the best AA information out there for rangers. I've come back to this thread numerous times, and every time I've learned something. Don't let it get buried again, please!

Flid

Old 05-24-2006, 08:49 PM   #62
Gareorn

Loremaster

You can float threads to the top for your own view.  It's that little white box with the blue arrow to the right.  It's a very useful tool.  It'll show up in the stickied section. 

Message Edited by Gareorn on 05-24-2006 09:51 AM

Old 05-27-2006, 11:14 PM   #63
Kyriel

Loremaster

pff im no ranger but i think it should be stickied!!
Old 05-28-2006, 03:06 AM   #64
Nak

General

Yeah intoxication is a worthless ability imo, I thought it'd be 2 min of poison which could be put on all mobs in aoe with a 2 minute recast. I finally stopped being lazy and got the last AA i needed to get it, had it for 6 minutes and used my free respec to get rid of it. I might be wrong but i personally think poison crits are over rated.  If it was still during t6 i'd be hot [expletive haxx0red by Raijinn] with the amount of procs you could get off poison,  but now procs just seem to infrequent, and would much rather find better ways to dps the rely on a % based off some bs formula soe developed
Nak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006, 01:16 AM   #65
Daemox

Loremaster

wow ... was  looking for this info after taking a break what a great post
Daemox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 01:03 AM   #66
Jowita

Loremaster

Gareorn wrote:
You can float threads to the top for your own view.  It's that little white box with the blue arrow to the right.  It's a very useful tool.  It'll show up in the stickied section. 

Message Edited by Gareorn on 05-24-200609:51 AM

Well, seeing as how I'm a very unselfish person who wants everyone to have access to good info without having to dig through pages and pages of irrelevant threads, I think a sticky is a much more useful solution than a little white box with a blue arrow to the right.

Stickies FTW!

Flid

Old 06-08-2006, 01:09 AM   #67
Gareorn

Loremaster

Flidias wrote:

Gareorn wrote:

Message Edited by Gareorn on 05-24-200609:51 AM

Well, seeing as how I'm a very unselfish person who wants everyone to have access to good info without having to dig through pages and pages of irrelevant threads, I think a sticky is a much more useful solution than a little white box with a blue arrow to the right.

Stickies FTW!

Flid

Wow.  That's a long way to go just to tell me I'm selfish.:smileyhappy:
Old 06-08-2006, 01:24 AM   #68
Jay

General

LOL riiiiight. Cuz our Jowi is usually so mean, cruel, and heartless, right? SMILEY

You selfish, evil man you. /rawr

Old 06-09-2006, 07:28 PM   #69
Sulas

Loremaster

I've floated it for myself, but I'm surprised this still isn't stickied.Hello nice Mod, will you please stickie this thread?Edit:  Thank you!

Message Edited by Sulas on 06-09-2006 05:05 PM

Tiger pet + snowballs = happy ranger
Sulas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 09:54 PM   #70
Gareorn

Loremaster

Frankly, I'm also surprised.  Mybe one of us could do something crude to get the mod's attention SMILEY
Old 06-09-2006, 09:59 PM   #71
Promythyus

Gareorn wrote:
Frankly, I'm also surprised.  Mybe one of us could do something crude to get the mod's attention SMILEY

Or, you could message one of us SMILEY

Old 06-09-2006, 10:00 PM   #72
Jay

General

Just PM'd one, hopefully he'll rescue us. SMILEY

EDIT: Now THAT was service. You rule, Promy! I'll ask Arani to make your next session extra-special.

Message Edited by Jay42 on 06-09-2006 02:01 PM

Old 06-09-2006, 10:03 PM   #73
boondoggle

Loremaster

Sigh!...we get no respect...I tell ya...no respect at all! (as I adjust my pristine forged plaid neck tie)

STICKY PLZ!

Old 06-09-2006, 10:04 PM   #74
Jay

General

It's been stickied already, Boondoggle.
Old 06-09-2006, 10:15 PM   #75
Gareorn

Loremaster

Promythyus wrote:

Gareorn wrote:

I'm sorry, I thought Flid already did.  Be honest, it was the crude comment that got your attention, right?  J/K  Thanks.:smileyhappy:
Old 06-12-2006, 06:37 PM   #76
Jowita

Loremaster

Gareorn wrote:

Promythyus wrote:

Gareorn wrote:

I'm sorry, I thought Flid already did.  Be honest, it was the crude comment that got your attention, right?  J/K  Thanks.:smileyhappy:

LOL, I must have been feeling rather unwashed and lambasted the other day...but look what it garnered for us -- a nice, purty sticky SMILEY And Jay even stopped in to say hello! Heh heh, I've got you on my friends list now, Jay, but I've been too shy to tap your shoulder. You're just so big and brawny and...furry. SMILEY

Jowi

P.S. Whaddabout them nice, big, purdy words? You'd think I were a Riter or sumpin. Stephen King fans FTW!

Old 06-13-2006, 06:46 PM   #77
Jay

General

Don't worry Flid... I'll be gentle during your first time. SMILEY :smileysurprised:

Old 06-13-2006, 07:10 PM   #78
Jowita

Loremaster

LOL, thanks Jay. I was going to say hello last night, but got involved in soloing my way through the Journeyman's Boots HQ (at lvl 40). Got it done, but it twasn't easy, especially after the clock struck 2 AM. SMILEY

Jowi

Old 07-17-2006, 07:49 PM   #79
Saihung23

Loremaster

just finished out my agility line and I definately like the faster casts...I think I will enjoy that alot...

Now figuring out what I will put the other points into...no hurry for me though...considering it will probably take me another 5 mos. to get to 50th level in AA's...

I am thinking strength all the way though.

Old 07-17-2006, 10:20 PM   #80
Jayad

Loremaster

To me, poise is worth it just to make the Ranger class less boring. SMILEY  Faster cast times feel more interactive/demanding, which is fun for me.  After getting poise, I felt less like a mage, getting more CAs under Focus, etc.  We have ridiculously long cast timers for a scout class - and no good reason for it.
Jayad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2006, 09:10 AM   #81
Dragonsword

Loremaster

Xney wrote:
To me, poise is worth it just to make the Ranger class less boring. SMILEY  Faster cast times feel more interactive/demanding, which is fun for me.  After getting poise, I felt less like a mage, getting more CAs under Focus, etc.  We have ridiculously long cast timers for a scout class - and no good reason for it.

Ranger and boring in the same post, I have never ever felt my ranger was boring, I think you need to work a bit on your melee skills. If you stand back and just chuck arrows at mobs your missing out on a lot of fun, I have seen a lot of Rangers doing this. I split my ca's into 2 catagories one for melee and one for ranged. Rangers are one of the most balanced toons as far as what you can do in a fight.

Try using your arrows, moving in to melee, when your ranged strikes come back up move back out again. If you get to the right distance you can mix both ranged and melee without moving at all. If your grouped with a reasonable tank, they should turn it so you can strike from behind.

Remember that a ranger isnt Just an Archer.
Old 01-31-2007, 03:06 AM   #82
DeathsLuck

Loremaster

Dragonsword20 wrote:

Xney wrote:

Ranger and boring in the same post, I have never ever felt my ranger was boring, I think you need to work a bit on your melee skills. If you stand back and just chuck arrows at mobs your missing out on a lot of fun, I have seen a lot of Rangers doing this. I split my ca's into 2 catagories one for melee and one for ranged. Rangers are one of the most balanced toons as far as what you can do in a fight.

Try using your arrows, moving in to melee, when your ranged strikes come back up move back out again. If you get to the right distance you can mix both ranged and melee without moving at all. If your grouped with a reasonable tank, they should turn it so you can strike from behind.

Remember that a ranger isnt Just an Archer.

Yea i've got to agree...In my case, going with the Int line, you want to be close to the action to get off that poison debuff then the poisoning and melee hit.  Not to mention i can have every arrow shot greyed out , and half my melee without breaking a sweat...  Some day i'm going to learn to use macro's, but until then...I'll just be a quick button masher.  SMILEY
DeathsLuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007, 02:27 AM   #83
Elding

Loremaster

I am a bit confused (noob and all). It appears in EOF that there are 2 pages of Abilities. What you talk about in the description seems to apply to "PREDATOR" page, and the Ranger page is really hard to understand. Any comments on this 2 page system yet? Thnx for the post, it is still very useful to understand to overall concept.
Elding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007, 06:58 PM   #84
Prandtl

Loremaster

In EoF there are 2 pages of AA abilities, the "Predator" and the "Ranger"    The "predator" list if from KoS and is shared with our assassin cousins.

You can place any AA points that you earn into either of the lists, but you CAN NOT transfer them from one page to the other.  Once an AA is placed in the "Ranger" list it stays there.  However; you can re-spec and change them around inside a list. You get a free re-spec, but then have to pay for any future changes.

There are several threads below about what AA combinations are best for various ranger flavors, i.e. PvP, Raiding, Solo, grouping, melee, etc.  Search through and read the old posts to get an idea of what other rangers are doing

Hope this helped

Prandtl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2007, 02:37 AM   #85
Elding

Loremaster

Thanx for reply.

I will keep reading. At level 18 and have been assigning my AA to the predator page. So I will see how it plays out, and as advised reassign if it does not fit my style.

Thanks again.

Elding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 01:58 PM   #86
Suncat
Server: Everfrost
Guild: Mafia

Lord

SMILEY Just the other day I got the AA line finished out on the predator page and got the Poise skill. I know this will be a noob type question; but I figure that the Poise skill would show up on the combat type arts? Meaning I would then have to put it in a hot bar and activate before battling? But I can not find it and am making the assumption that this is an automatic skill and once you get it is always in affect? Next question would be should I continue to max out the AA's for the pre req skill up to Poise? I am also doing the STR tree on that, since I do normally stand back, kick off a bunch of arrow CA's then run in and cut them up. Once the arrow CA's are back, move back and fire away. Rinse and repeat for best results.SMILEY Guess I will spend a couple more AA's to get the STR skill also.
Suncat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 08:12 AM   #87
Dragonsword

Loremaster

If its a passive skill it means that it is on all the time, and doesnt have to be activated.
Old 08-01-2007, 10:08 AM   #88
sirmorte

Loremaster

The original poster did a great job on one set of AA trees but unfathomably left out any discussion in the Ranger AA tree. Can someone add a discussion for the Ranger tree?

sirmorte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007, 11:38 PM   #89
sirmorte

Loremaster

Nice Job on discussing some of the AA abilities.However, you left out any discussion on the pure ranger side such as the multi-shot or poison line. What do you think of these? Please elaborate.

sirmorte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 04:51 PM   #90
Prandtl

Loremaster

sirmorte, this thread dates from well before the EoF AA lines came out.  There are multiple threads below that discuss the ranger line. Just search for them.

Prandtl is offline   Reply With Quote