EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Class Discussion > Scout's Den > Ranger
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 03-01-2006, 09:04 PM   #31
ChaosUndivided

Loremaster

One thing to correct, Rank 5 on Int line, is a 1 Shot Deal, it lasts 2 mins from cast, but the poison is used on the 1st successfull melee attack then gone. You don't get 2mins of Super Poison.

Basicly it's a single 100% poison proc every 2 mins.

ChaosUndivided is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2006, 09:12 PM   #32
dbmoreland

Loremaster

"considering how worthless I feel the other lines"...Well there you go. YOU consider the other lines worthless, OTHER players may not. You will choose the line(s) that YOU feel work best for you. Other players will choose the line(s) they feel work best for them. I know one ranger that lives and dies by sniper shot. For this reason alone he is going the full strength line just to cut that ONE CA from a 15 min recast to 7.5, effectively doubling the number of times in a night that he can cast his favorite CA. This is what is important to HIM. Does this make it a worthless line to EVERYONE, NO. Do I think that SOME lines will be more popular than others, yes. Do I think that EVERY ranger will choose exactly the same lines NO. Why, simple, we are different players. The way I like to play is different than the way YOU like to play.But I do agree with you, I would be VERY disapointed if the "poison effect ability" does not "stack" with the "real" poisons. They are after all two different mechanics. One is an ability, one is an item supplied "buff".
dbmoreland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 12:27 AM   #33
Teksun

Loremaster

I'm personally taking the WIS line as my second AA. I'm sure this may sound weird to a LOT of people - why do we need less agro after LU20?

Nerf the Hobbits
Teksun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 01:11 AM   #34
dbmoreland

Loremaster

Does not sound "weird" to me at all Teksun. Having another CA that does damage while reducing threat, having more defense, cuting the cast time of your stealth CAs in half and being able to interupt EVERY mob in the area does not sound "weird" to me at all. If it fits your playstyle by all means go for it. The only favor I would ask is that as you get each of these abilites please let us know what the numbers are for each addtitional point you spend on them. I would like to have the stats for at least the rank 1, 4 and 8 levels of each ability as these are the most likely that we will be using.Thanks,
Old 03-02-2006, 01:19 AM   #35
Steezi

DB you asked why i would be upset, and i said i felt that other than agi and int the other lines were worthless...
I wasnt telling rangers to be upset on my behalf...
Steezi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 01:36 AM   #36
Racmo

DB,
  I incorporated your data in the AA Tracker I've been working on.  I hope that's ok.  If it isn't let me and I'll remove it.   Having all that information let me add some other new features also. 

Only the rangers/assasing/dirges/troubadors are really up to snuff at the moment.  I'm working on the others.

Tobi
49 Ranger

Let me know if you guys see any problems.

Message Edited by Racmoor on 03-01-200612:36 PM

Racmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 03:59 AM   #37
dbmoreland

Loremaster

Ah my appologies Steezity, I misunderstood.No problems, thanks,
Old 03-03-2006, 12:04 AM   #38
dbmoreland

Loremaster

No problem Racmoor, glad we can help each other.
Old 03-03-2006, 02:18 AM   #39
Laia

As a "tanking" ranger, I certainly appreciate the time and effort the OP took with this thread, and have a much clearer understanding of the STR and INT lines (I've already started off on the AGI line and intend to take it all the way to the end).Thanks kindly to the OP and to the others who've added some great info.
Laia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2006, 08:42 PM   #40
dbmoreland

Loremaster

Note updated information.
Old 03-06-2006, 10:24 PM   #41
seabhac

Loremaster

Excellent post!
Old 03-07-2006, 03:04 PM   #42
Wozicasamoll

Loremaster

Racmoor wrote:
DB,
  I incorporated your data in the AA Tracker I've been working on.  I hope that's ok.  If it isn't let me and I'll remove it.   Having all that information let me add some other new features also. 

Only the rangers/assasing/dirges/troubadors are really up to snuff at the moment.  I'm working on the others.

Tobi
49 Ranger

Let me know if you guys see any problems.

Message Edited by Racmoor on 03-01-200612:36 PM

Great!! I've been looking for something like that.. actually thought off making one myself. But it's a great file and very usefull.

Althought I got a question to the points system. The final ability cost 8 AA points as far as I know, but when a place a "yes" (1) command in the final ability, it only takes 1 point from my overall points used. Is that correct or do I misunderstand the AA point system?
Old 03-07-2006, 05:03 PM   #43
subari

Nice tool, but wrong calculation. Mastery-Spells costs 8 points not 1. Crit-Poison is also missing. But this is nothing that takes more than 5 minutes to fix.
subari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2006, 01:11 AM   #44
dbmoreland

Loremaster

Note Updated information on main post.Could I ask the moderator to please "sticky" this post.Thank you,
Old 03-11-2006, 01:53 AM   #45
brandi7920

Loremaster

I would really like to see this post stickied as I have found it both informative and very useful. I'll definitely want to go over this post again as I get ready to start on my second AA line - which thanks to the post.. I *think* I have finally decided on. LOL. So as a raiding ranger looks like it's going to be AGI/INT for me. Thanks so much for taking the time to plot all of this out in layman's terms. /applaud :smileyhappy:
Old 03-11-2006, 04:12 AM   #46
A

As of now I have 5 points in agi ranged critical increase skill and I can definitly attest it affects the CA as well as the ranged auto attacks...

with +13.2% chance to crit it is very common to see an arrow in a triple shot or any other CA hit for critical damage..

A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2006, 04:27 AM   #47
Gerdos

Loremaster

I have 7 points into the AGI Crit Hit.

Each point i've put in, i've noticed a progressively increase in Critical Hits on CAs.

I have no doubt that AGI crit hits applies to ranged CAs.  This skill is the single best AA skill rangers have.  There is nothing sweeter then seeing big orange numbers constantly.   Dont let the % number fool you, its signifant in real terms.

The only real question is, .. do you throw 8 points into it, and lose out on a final rank for a 2nd line or cap it at 5 points and still achieve 2 full AA lines.

Gerdos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2006, 09:49 AM   #48
Kala Asuras

Loremaster

ChaosUndivided wrote:
One thing to correct, Rank 5 on Int line, is a 1 Shot Deal, it lasts 2 mins from cast, but the poison is used on the 1st successfull melee attack then gone. You don't get 2mins of Super Poison.

Basicly it's a single 100% poison proc every 2 mins.

Chaos,The description listed here says the poison could do a max of 353 dmg every 6 seconds for 48 seconds (for a total of 2824 dmg every 2 min).  Are you saying that there is not a DoT element to this ability and it only does the initial 353 dmg?

Message Edited by Kala Asuras on 03-10-200610:53 PM

Old 03-13-2006, 04:40 PM   #49
jarlaxle8

General

Kala Asuras wrote:
Chaos,
The description listed here says the poison could do a max of 353 dmg every 6 seconds for 48 seconds (for a total of 2824 dmg every 2 min).  Are you saying that there is not a DoT element to this ability and it only does the initial 353 dmg?

no, it is a DoT, just only usable once after you cast it untill reuse timer is refreshed. so you cast it, hit the mob and the DoT lands, then it's used till refresh time is over and you can apply the poison again.

on another note, i found some good info about weapon types at the dirge forum. posted in other thread, but fits here quite well:

WEAPON TYPES

Message Edited by jarlaxle888 on 06-12-2006 10:37 AM

Old 03-13-2006, 11:12 PM   #50
Cael

General

I wonder if in PVP (the cause for oh so many nerfs to us IMO not flame not discussion just IMO) if bounty is more effective since most of the time people carry around a lot of cash out of habit, bounty might increase the % drop off the PC you killed.

Great great thread

Cael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006, 08:56 PM   #51
dbmoreland

Loremaster

Note: Information updated in original post.
Old 03-16-2006, 07:41 PM   #52
Racmo

---------------

Nice tool, but wrong calculation. Mastery-Spells costs 8 points not 1. Crit-Poison is also missing. But this is nothing that takes more than 5 minutes to fix.

LGsubaRhikkha (Ranger lvl59)Keiyra (Necro lvl54)

--------------------------

Thanks!! Just the feedback I was looking for.  I've implemented the crit-poison and fixed the summation of points.

Tobi

53 Ranger

Racmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2006, 10:03 PM   #53
Sulas

Loremaster

This is still one of the most useful threads I've seen in this forum.  Some of the newer members might have missed it or might find it interesting.
Tiger pet + snowballs = happy ranger
Sulas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2006, 07:02 PM   #54
Lechac

Very useful thread !I'm leveling a ranger alt, and I was wondering about the poison crit ability, does it apply to poison crits off ranged shots ? I'm considering taking the INT line after completing the AGI one.
Lechac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2006, 07:36 PM   #55
Dirtgirl

Loremaster

Any and all poison procs, as well as any item proc considered a "spell" I do believe.
Old 05-03-2006, 09:54 PM   #56
Kala Asuras

Loremaster

Thanks agian DbMoreland,I wanted to look up a specific on the INT path and had to find this post on the 4th page.  Devs, could we possibly get this stickied to the top.
Old 05-04-2006, 05:19 PM   #57
Teksun

Loremaster

Hmmm... still no sticky???

Nerf the Hobbits
Teksun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2006, 04:13 PM   #58
Beneld

General

Well, Personally ive been looking at my AAs today i have a total of 37 right now im at Str 3 Agi 4,4,4,8,8  and int 4,1 i was going to do int 4,4,4,5 but i think now im gonna put 5 in range crit chance just to be able to get the last one in int just because for me with 105 int the last one does 290-484 dmg every 6 seconds with a huge debuff i think that plus debuffing with the begining of int line plus the spell crit chance will maximise my dmg sry i was gonna try to put commas and paragrafts out here but im a little lazy shoot im very lazy well n e way i think that is the best for me.
Old 05-05-2006, 06:22 PM   #59
rcknchr

General

It may just be me but I see alot of my CA's criticaling since putting 8 points into the archer critical AA.
rcknchr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2006, 01:57 AM   #60
littleli

As AA as concered thus far I have gotten 37 of them I have mine set up Int 4,4,4,8 to get the max out of Spell crits and it does. And Agi 4,4,4,5 I an thinking about taking the last ability to 8 as well. I love to see crits going off and all the dmg there doing. I figure if I get one of them niec T7 Fabled bows that do some outstanding dmg and summon globs then thats alot fo dmg I am pullin off.

Smeac 70 Ranger
Bazaar
littleli is offline   Reply With Quote