EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Class Discussion > Scout's Den > Ranger
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 02-15-2006, 10:34 PM   #61
Prandtl

Loremaster

I read the OP and then immediately went to the beta test forums and combat discussions, unable to believe that this would actually be on beta, much less even suggested.  I read and read and checked out combat parses and read some more.

Then went to sonys online store and immediately canceled my pre-order for KoS

Whye the heck should I pay 30 bucks for an expansion when all I will be able to do is solo grind and die?  No group or raid would want me, since I can't DPS anymore and certainly don't bring anything else to the table. 

Prandtl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2006, 10:36 PM   #62
davian9

Main: 60 asn

Atl: 45 rng

Even after LU19 I felt that rangers were a bit high on DPS compaed to some other t1 dps classes.  I was expecting to see ranger dps lowered slightly with KoS and other t1 classes dps raised slightly.  That being said, in my oppinion the changes (fixes) SOE plans to implament is totaly over the top and unfair to rangers.   I do not think that people who have not played a ranger can have a true appreciation for just how much these changes (if they are true and hit live) will devistate rangers.

Keep in my my main is an asn, we are just getting back on track from being border line broke for the better part of 6 months.  I would not wish what asns (and some other classes) have gone through on anyone.  If these changes go live rangers will go from extriemly good to very very bad.  My only hope is that the preliminary beta tests that are comming in are not correct.

Best of luck and sorry to see the nerf bat hit so hard. 

davian9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2006, 10:38 PM   #63
coltla

General

davian999 wrote:

Main: 60 asn

Atl: 45 rng

Even after LU19 I felt that rangers were a bit high on DPS compaed to some other t1 dps classes.  I was expecting to see ranger dps lowered slightly with KoS and other t1 classes dps raised slightly.  That being said, in my oppinion the changes (fixes) SOE plans to implament is totaly over the top and unfair to rangers.   I do not think that people who have not played a ranger can have a true appreciation for just how much these changes (if they are true and hit live) will devistate rangers.

Keep in my my main is an asn, we are just getting back on track from being border line broke for the better part of 6 months.  I would not wish what asns (and some other classes) have gone through on anyone.  If these changes go live rangers will go from extriemly good to very very bad.  My only hope is that the preliminary beta tests that are comming in are not correct.

Best of luck and sorry to see the nerf bat hit so hard. 

I think I speak for all rangers when I say, "Thanks for the support"
coltla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2006, 10:41 PM   #64
Ranja

Loremaster

Prandtl wrote:

I read the OP and then immediately went to the beta test forums and combat discussions, unable to believe that this would actually be on beta, much less even suggested.  I read and read and checked out combat parses and read some more.

Then went to sonys online store and immediately canceled my pre-order for KoS

Whye the heck should I pay 30 bucks for an expansion when all I will be able to do is solo grind and die?  No group or raid would want me, since I can't DPS anymore and certainly don't bring anything else to the table. 

I agree completely. Instead of cancelling though I just put my credit card back in my pocket. There is no way I am ordering KoS if these conditions go live

Elbryan60 Ranger

Thoghmor, 70 Troll Bruiser

Rotir, 90 Dark Elf Swash

Terrano, 82 Dark Elf Dirge

Aymon, 90, Barbarian Shadowknight

The Destroyer of Worlds:

http://s7.gladiatus.com/game/c.php?uid=84341
Ranja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2006, 10:42 PM   #65
Carna

I've got a very bad feeling about this whole expansion patch. My main is a Brigand. I sympathise with you chaps completely. SOE has unfortunately always yanked the carpet out from under the feet of classes all the way through EQ1 included.

Rangers do FAR more damage than my Brigand, and I don't care!... I can play a Ranger any time I want to. If I'm playing a Brigand it's because I looked at that class and decided "I want to play that class because of X, Y and Z". What I don't want is down the line to find the class is changed from underneath me and the whole basis of my choice is invalidated.

Stop changing the classes. We know what they're like now, let let us make our choices and play with them.

The defining characteristic of any SOE game is paranoia, because you know at any moment you class could be flushed down the toilet. All online games go through change, but in my experience only SOE games manage to achieve such a heightened level of paranoia... the WoW expansion is due out soon, maybe it'll catch me again, and I can play that until something else comes along.

Good luck with avoiding being flushed down the toilet... and I mean that because with SOE you have absolutely no idea how this will end up. In a months time the Ranger could be a laughing stock. Moreso it might remain that way for a year... or it might all just be a minor tweak.... you have absolutely no way to know until it happens, and once it does happen it's too late.

Now... for that very small minority of Rangers who felt the need to populate Brigand discussions of Amazing Reflexes "ajustments" with the comments of "good" or "it's about time".... this is what happens when a climate of nerfing is allowed to perpetuate. Tweaks to skills and abilities, literal adjustments will always be necessary. The course grained revisioning that SOE engages in 9 times out of ten merely leaves a smoking crater.

You all have this Scouts unconditional support.

Carna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2006, 10:43 PM   #66
Prandtl

Loremaster

Dear ************* ,This is an email to verify that the recent pre-order you placed at the Station Store has been cancelled. No charges have been billed to your credit card. If the cancellation of your order is in error, please visit the Station Store at http://store.station.sony.com and place your order again.Thank you, and do visit us again!Sony Online Entertainment Inc.SOE Europe Limited for customers in the EUwww.station.sony.com-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------PREORDER NUMBER: 8_____6PREORDER DATE: February 4, 2006-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Message Edited by Prandtl on 02-15-200611:01 AM

Prandtl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2006, 10:51 PM   #67
Kala Asuras

Loremaster

I have seen it mentioned in this thread that this change should only be effecting our precise shot and tripple arrow lines but this is not the case.  I posted somewhere on page 1 i believe a quick test that i did last night.  The CAs i tested were procing MUCH less than would be expected even if the two and three shot CAs were only counting as on.  There was another change that didn't get mentioned in the update notes.
Old 02-15-2006, 10:57 PM   #68
Rijacki

Tester

Memory01 wrote:i just had a vision of a tombstone saying:
R.I.P.Rangers(LU13-LU20)"and the wizards cried, nerf rangers!"

Honestly, it's not that wizards hate rangers, it's that they're frustrated by the fact they have been told time and again they're T1 damage and they're consistantly T3 or lower.. behind everyone and his uncle no matter if you figure burst or sustained. . even if you count in the damage shield, the tiny fire proc cast on others, and the -few- buffs.As a wizard (who also has a ranger, albiet lower level), I don't want to see rangers "nerfed", but proc counts exceeding available procs -is- a bug and procs with the bow because another weapon held has a proc (i.e. the bow procing the granite tomahawk) isn't intended. In my opinion, EACH "real" arrow should carry with it the chance to do applied poison damage just as each swing of of a blade (in -either- hand) should.  If it uses up an arrow out of your bag and isn't a non-component "shadow", it should have a chance to proc an applied poison whether or not it procs an item or CA related effect. 
Old 02-15-2006, 11:09 PM   #69
Carna

Rijacki wrote:

Honestly, it's not that wizards hate rangers, it's that they're frustrated by the fact they have been told time and again they're T1 damage and they're consistantly T3 or lower.. behind everyone and his uncle no matter if you figure burst or sustained. . even if you count in the damage shield, the tiny fire proc cast on others, and the -few- buffs.As a wizard (who also has a ranger, albiet lower level), I don't want to see rangers "nerfed", but proc counts exceeding available procs -is- a bug and procs with the bow because another weapon held has a proc (i.e. the bow procing the granite tomahawk) isn't intended. In my opinion, EACH "real" arrow should carry with it the chance to do applied poison damage just as each swing of of a blade (in -either- hand) should.  If it uses up an arrow out of your bag and isn't a non-component "shadow", it should have a chance to proc an applied poison whether or not it procs an item or CA related effect. 

That's absolute nonsense. Rogues are Tier 2 and Wizards are point blank not lower than Rogues on the dps scale. Brawlers are Tier 3 and Wizards abolutely produce more dps than them.... it's this kind of hyperbole which many Wizards actually start to believe ("we're tier 3 or lower&quotSMILEY that has so many Wizards woefully unhappy.
Carna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2006, 11:13 PM   #70
Lexan

General

I AGREE WIZARDS NEED MORE DPS WE ALL DO.

But dont [expletive haxx0red by Raijinn] the other classes to get all the [expletive haxx0red by Raijinn]in T1 dps in the same [expletive haxx0red by Raijinn]in box!!!!!!!!!!!
Kazzi... Defiler of Ye Drunken Horde
Lexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2006, 11:28 PM   #71
Zeijandi

Loremaster

This is an assanine move by the devs.  I've cancelled my preorder of KoS and I won't renew my EQ2 subscription if this stands.  The idea that they suddenly want to ruin what is one of their more popular classes by suddenly reducing the ranger's effectiveness so drastically seems a bit thoughtless.  Devs, you need to wake up.  Wizards are not broken.  They are fine.  They have utility, they are tier 1 damage.  Rangers are only damage.  They are fine as well.  Fixing bugs is one thing (stream of arrows), outright nerfing our only value of any sort (DPS) by over 1/3 makes absolutely no sense at all.
Neriakithicor
Zeijandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2006, 11:30 PM   #72
leafnin

Loremaster

Kala Asuras wrote:I have seen it mentioned in this thread that this change should only be effecting our precise shot and tripple arrow lines but this is not the case.  I posted somewhere on page 1 i believe a quick test that i did last night.  The CAs i tested were procing MUCH less than would be expected even if the two and three shot CAs were only counting as on.  There was another change that didn't get mentioned in the update notes.

It's called 'normalization' I saw this called for alot on Hunters in WoW ,when I played just to play and not for anything serious, as they pretty much have crits that go off more on a longer delay weapon there by making faster bows useless.  As was mentioned as a possiblity in the Swashie boards is that they are useing CA cast times.  That's just someone else's theory, but it could be a possiblity.  I think someone is banking on crits making up for the drop in damage and it's isn't happening cause when you introduce a new game mechanic that functions like procs then go and change procs.  Guess what happens it doesn't make up for the loss of damage, McFly.  The other theory is that crits were happening just as much as procs upping the output even more for us so why not change the way the proc mechanic works to test it.  Did anyone in Beta notice an increase in damage high hits?  This was just a thought I have don't take too seriously SMILEY

Falcon

60 Ranger

Kithicor 

leafnin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2006, 11:33 PM   #73
coltla

General

I wish the devs listened. It took months to get Rangers fixed the first time, and then they come back with this. Tier 3 DPS, Teir 1 DPS, back to Tier 3.
coltla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2006, 11:36 PM   #74
AratornCalahn

Loremaster

[Removed for Content]?I was expecting a little posion nerf cos of the nubmers I see, and what SOE likes to do SMILEY... but if this nerf goes live, HOLY OUCH!(Yes I am a brigand and dont want to see rangers nerfed)

Message Edited by AratornCalahn on 02-15-200610:38 AM

AratornCalahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2006, 11:45 PM   #75
Moncreat

When I started playing a ranger over 6 years ago in EQ1 it was something I had always wanted to play.  I marveled at the way druids and wizards could kite 4 mobs at once and use their AE damage to damage all of them.

I learned how to kite single mobs and got really good at it. I never hated other char because of the things they could do that I could not.  AE damage was cool for those guys, I never would get invited to those AE groups unless they wanted someone to hold agro while they AE the mobs and rangers could almost take agro from anyone.

I looked forward to starting a ranger in EQ2.  I am level 58 now.  I have adapted to all the changes that they made.  At first I tried kiting mobs that were a level higher than myself and learned how to do that and then the changed the CAs so we could not really do that so I changed my style.  I still marveled at the power of other Char that can take down a whole group of mobs in just a few spells and never once complained.

I have several alts.  Mystic, Brawler, Berserker and Conjuror ( which I never understood why this class always claims that they soloed this and that mob when they know they are duoing with thier pet... :lol )

LU19 took about 400 - 500 hp away from me and gave me about 300 more power.  Our recast times on many of our CA's got longer in other LUs but again I have adapted and still never once complained about other char and still marvel at friends of mine that can solo a group of mobs that I would never think of trying to do.

I agree with the fact that if others are complaining they need to bring them up to par not lower other classes.  I find it funny that they said they were going to make the NPC mobs closer to their rank in damage and resists but yet I can now be hit by almost every cast of a mob 10 levels below me even if I have good resists and I am not talking about just poisons.  When a mob 7 levels below me can crush me for over 1000 hp just because he is heroic.  It makes me wonder how much gear to I need to get to become heroic.  :lol

I really have not seen that many rangers brag about being the best class or anything but most rangers learn to do their job and do it well because they work at it. As I am sure other classes become good at what they do because they work at it also.

Poisons say they have a certain percent chance to proc on ANY Successful hit so for those that are claiming this is a bug that needs to be fixed then they need to fix the wording on the poisons

I am unhappy with what I am reading since I do a lot of soloing and enjoy grouping from time to time if I want to have a chance at any good loot...lord knows that since they nerfed the way loot drops we don't have a chance at that either by soloing...lol

I will just have to wait and see how things happen.  I have been playing a ranger as my main for a long time and would hate to stop, I will try to adapt but if I can't I have not decided what I might choose to do, I guess I could go play a wizard.  SMILEY

Message Edited by Moncreathe on 02-15-200610:47 AM

Message Edited by Moncreathe on 02-15-200610:50 AM

Moncreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2006, 11:50 PM   #76
illum

I've just cancelled my preorder for myself and my wife, and a few of my friends have just cancelled their preorders as well just from disgust.  Not sure about my friends, but when my subscription runs out, I'll probably take a break until Vanguard comes out...try that out for a year to see if they screw up as bad as SOE has with EQ2...hopefully not, but if so I'll just go back to single player RPG's or just keep it to FPS and strategy games for online.

if I was paying nothing, I'd be more willing to put up with this nonsense...but I'm giving my hard earned money to have "fun" playing EQ2, and I'm not going to pay someone's wages if all they want to do is to continue to give me the shaft.
illum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2006, 11:51 PM   #77
Memory

Rijacki wrote:

I already said this but ill say it again. i dont [expletive haxx0red by Raijinn]ing care how i do my dmg, i just want to be tier1 dps.The nerf should hit Triple and Precise, but in fact it hit every CA .. so CAs are close to NOT-proccing poisons. in a heroic fight witha group i proc max 1-2 times the poison that used to proc on every shot.But its particularly nice to see that Rangers dont call for Wizards nerf, but for fixing their class while wizards cried so bad that we should be nerfed i thought i was in kindergarten inhabited by trolls made of greed and envy.Everybody picks the class they enjoy for some particular reasons (except for the few kids out there who wanna be superchar). Well i picked a ranger because i only want to do DPS (with the least utility except dps).They took that away by making rangers USELESS IN COMPARISON on beta atm. and i would really like to drive by some devs house and show them the devastating effects of english longbows.

Valor Server
Memory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2006, 11:57 PM   #78
Crychtonn

Loremaster

I hope the other scout classes took note of the testing someone did here.  If they did also change the chance to proc to be based on the skill and no longer the weapon all scouts are getting nerf'd.  Assassins, Brigands and Swashys with their .5 sec delay melee skills will never proc anything off those skills again.

Crychtonn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2006, 12:01 AM   #79
BSbon

General

Memory01 wrote:

Kala Asuras wrote:It seems to be worse than what they stated in the update notes.  They may be counting the CA for their cast length instead of the delay on the bow.  I logged in last night after the patch but before they put up the notes and noticed something wrong right away.  I messed around and came up with these numbers, not enough to make a conclusion but it is a cause for worry.Culling the Weak23 shots4 poison procs5 quick shot procs2 gleaming strikesPrecise Shot10 shots2 poison procs4 quick shot procs0 gleamig strikesTripple Arrow26 shots1 poison proc!!2 quick shot procs1 gleaming strikesNow compair those to the regular ranged auto attack.Auto Attack39 shots27 poison procs32 quick shot procs7 gleaming strikes

those numbers are correct.and thats why we are about tier3 dps right now in KoS, our AAs dont work still, we only got 2 good ones that dont work atm, the rest is pretty lame. while other classes get tremendous aas we're even [expletive haxx0red by Raijinn]ed up by decreasing poisons and procs.my new dps line would be something like:conju > necro > wiz / war > bruiser > monk > brigand / assa / swashi / ranger > guardian

I like that list of DPS by class you wrote up. too bad it's wrong. i have used poisons only 4 times in the past. i dont need them. sure it would be faster to kill stuff using poisons but i can already solo kill faster than 2 necros. last night in EF i was killing explorers and wolves faster than a team of 2 necros. one of them is 1 level higher than me and one was the same level as me. the only thing keeping me from going faster was CA refresh and lack of mobs. just be happy you can use poisons.

bongo

BSbon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2006, 12:07 AM   #80
Lexan

General

bongotez wrote:

Memory01 wrote:

Kala Asuras wrote:It seems to be worse than what they stated in the update notes.  They may be counting the CA for their cast length instead of the delay on the bow.  I logged in last night after the patch but before they put up the notes and noticed something wrong right away.  I messed around and came up with these numbers, not enough to make a conclusion but it is a cause for worry.Culling the Weak23 shots4 poison procs5 quick shot procs2 gleaming strikesPrecise Shot10 shots2 poison procs4 quick shot procs0 gleamig strikesTripple Arrow26 shots1 poison proc!!2 quick shot procs1 gleaming strikesNow compair those to the regular ranged auto attack.Auto Attack39 shots27 poison procs32 quick shot procs7 gleaming strikes

those numbers are correct.and thats why we are about tier3 dps right now in KoS, our AAs dont work still, we only got 2 good ones that dont work atm, the rest is pretty lame. while other classes get tremendous aas we're even [expletive haxx0red by Raijinn]ed up by decreasing poisons and procs.my new dps line would be something like:conju > necro > wiz / war > bruiser > monk > brigand / assa / swashi / ranger > guardian

I like that list of DPS by class you wrote up. too bad it's wrong. i have used poisons only 4 times in the past. i dont need them. sure it would be faster to kill stuff using poisons but i can already solo kill faster than 2 necros. last night in EF i was killing explorers and wolves faster than a team of 2 necros. one of them is 1 level higher than me and one was the same level as me. the only thing keeping me from going faster was CA refresh and lack of mobs. just be happy you can use poisons.

bongo

Bongo ask yourself something here.  There are 4 pages of rangers canceling there accounts.  There are 4 pages of rangers really really upset over this. 

You dont think this effects you?

YOUR A DUMB [expletive haxx0red by Raijinn]!!!!

Kazzi... Defiler of Ye Drunken Horde
Lexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2006, 12:08 AM   #81
Memory

bongotez wrote:

Memory01 wrote:

bongo

well thanks for not reading my posts.first -- this is on beta server and those ranking was due to parsed numbers of lv 70 players i was grouping withsecond -- i dont compare classes via who kills faster because that info counts [expletive haxx0red by Raijinn], list up parsed DPS numbers of you and the necrosthird -- get to 60+, play beta for over 80 hours

Valor Server
Memory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2006, 12:13 AM   #82
Niuan

Loremaster

Rangers will see a new sponser on the eq splash screen when they login...

Niuan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2006, 12:15 AM   #83
Taubin

Loremaster

Niuan wrote:
Rangers will see a new sponser on the eq splash screen when they login...

OMG that's freaking funny, I don't care who you are
Old 02-16-2006, 12:16 AM   #84
BSbon

General

Lexani- wrote:

bongotez wrote:

Memory01 wrote:

bongo

Bongo ask yourself something here.  There are 4 pages of rangers canceling there accounts.  There are 4 pages of rangers really really upset over this. 

You dont think this effects you?

YOUR A DUMB [expletive haxx0red by Raijinn]!!!!

oooh. name calling. that's mature.  yes i hate when things get totally revamped every 3 months. and if 4 pages of rangers wanna quit then go quit. then the server population lag will decrease. but if i dont use poisons then changing poisons doesn't affect me.

bongo

BSbon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2006, 12:20 AM   #85
Bayler_x

General

This is not a bug fix.  This is a radical change to several of the fundemental mechanics of the game - mechanics on which our class has been built *twice* (release, and LU#13).Yet another case of SOE not understanding the mechanics they create, and not understanding the impact of their changes to those mechanics.  I've said it before: SOE's designers are great at creating immersive worlds, but they don't have anyone who understands *systems*.Rijacki - this isn't about melee weapons procing from bows; that was nerfed a while back, and it was reasonable.  This is about eliminating procs.  But it's a combination of several changes whose amplify each other.In groups, this will pretty much look just like a reduction in damage output.  Solo, we'll go back to the old predator days where we open with a bow shot and then melee for most of the mob's life.  We'll no longer live by the bow.  Soloing white- mobs will likely be exceedingly dangerous now.This is a much, much bigger change than is appropriate.  My estimate is that we'll have 1/3 of the damage output we used to have.
Bayler_x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2006, 12:32 AM   #86
KannaWhoopass

Loremaster

Ill wait for the happy go lucky rangers to hop on and tell me that its all good ..this is a positive change look on the bright side......

As for me if this goes live i quit.

I will delete all of my chars in disgust ..then purge the game from my computer .

Let me guess how it will go down .... KOS will be released as is now ...

try to get as much cash as possible before the nerf goes in ... and peopel leave .... is that why the servers were merged ... so after the rangers leave the populations will be back to normal ....

KannaWhoopass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2006, 12:39 AM   #87
Fennir

Loremaster

Heh, the bright side is cheaper poison costs and easier agro management.I'm not saying its not a harsh nerf... it hurts...  but I personally enjoy playing my ranger a lot and enjoyed him still pre-LU#13 so I have no reason to quit.Not gonna try and stop anyone, though.

Message Edited by Fennir on 02-15-200602:40 PM

Old 02-16-2006, 12:42 AM   #88
Daxtyr_AnnonTuri

Loremaster

valleyboy1 wrote:Screw it, i love my ranger anyway he kicks [expletive haxx0red by Raijinn] I dont care what any parser says.
well you are the one who started the thread http://eqiiforums.station.sony.com/eq2/board/message?board.id=combat&message.id=94709and you were sure as hell worried then.-Dax

http://eq2players.station.sony.com/signature?characterId=312993102
Daxtyr_AnnonTuri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2006, 12:46 AM   #89
smoody

Loremaster

bongotez wrote:

oooh. name calling. that's mature.  yes i hate when things get totally revamped every 3 months. and if 4 pages of rangers wanna quit then go quit. then the server population lag will decrease. but if i dont use poisons then changing poisons doesn't affect me.

bongo

Bongo,

You have to be kidding! A ranger who doesn't use poisons? You are essentially stating that you don't understand your class. Poisons make up 40% of our damage output! The last time I checked, damage is the only thing we bring to groups. So why would you leave 40% of your DPS at home? If a conjuror was in a group and didn't summon his pet, he would/should be invited to leave the group. The same should apply to a ranger who isn't using poisons!

A change which decreases our DPS is and should be considered a major deal. Like many other people here, I don't care how SOE gets us to T1 DPS. As long as we can get there, I will adapt and continue. The day I am no longer T1 DPS is the day the ranger becomes useless. People will not have a reason to include the ranger in a group or raid. I remember well the days before LU13 when a raid invite was only available to a ranger if there wasn't someone else available. That has changed now, people want the ranger on the raid for the DPS!

My attitude is wait and see. The reason for beta is to test and adjust things before going live so that they work as intended. Hopefully, things will get ironed out and we will be in the appropriate damage tier once the expansion is released.

Fredethel

smoody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2006, 12:54 AM   #90
rolento

Loremaster

Ok, i have read 4 pages of complaints and i must step in since i have a 3rd party view of all this.  My brother is a Ranger, and he has the add on that shows his DPS vs every other class in the game on raids.  You know what the results are? His DPS is about 20% higher then the next person who is a Necro.  I have seen my brother raid and fight and kill, and frankly it had to be toned down.  Now i dont know if this is going to cripple you all, if it does, then yes maybe it should be looked at, BUT, you all have to be honest with yourselves.  You cant sit there and tell me that Rangers were NOT overpowered in PvE.   My brother has the DPS charts to back it up. 

Now, If this poison proc nerft knocks you guys completely out of the Top 5 DPS then it may be harsh, BUT its completely insane to say that the way it was before was legit and the way it was meant to be. Simply not True, Every class gets fixed at one time or another, Rangers were obviously to overpowered and needed to be toned down. Its a matter of how bad you were hit.  If its true that when this goes live as is, and you cant even compete with other top DPS classes that were MADE for DPS, then you have a right to complain, but right now the class was simply to powerful.

My brother simply dominates in DPS and NEVER is not in the top spot.

Message Edited by rolento on 02-15-200612:01 PM

rolento is offline   Reply With Quote