EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Class Discussion > Scout's Den > Ranger
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 02-13-2006, 11:53 PM   #91

General

steelbadger wrote:

A nerf is never good, but i prefer to think of this more as a rebalance, just a couple of nights ago i was fighting alongside a ranger who managed to get themselves aggroed and killed in every single encounter.  The DPS still seems to be there...

Was that me? LOL. I was in Court Of Al last night and eventually resorted to punching the mobs and letting my poisons and CA's proc because I died so many times I was naked. It was chaos crazy. Great time last night though.
Old 02-14-2006, 11:42 PM   #92
Jay

General

And now, for your amusement, a dancing dwarven clown!!

Old 02-15-2006, 12:11 AM   #93
Jay

General

Hmmm!! This actually turned into a rather thought-provoking thread. I'd been ignoring it for a week or so as it seemed a useless flame fest. But I just caught up and found out there's some worth here after all.

Can I call it like I see it too, Niuan? Or is that something that only you're allowed to do? SMILEY

That's what people like Zholain and I are doing - calling it as we see it, just like you say you are. Nobody here is trying to silence anyone else. How could we? We're just EQ players like the rest of you, and insulting us by implying that we think we're somehow "better" than anyone else here just makes you look kinda ignorant. Our records speak for themselves here. Maybe the tone made anyone who didn't fall in to a certain opinion feel like their perspective was unwelcome. That's not true at all. What's unwelcome here (IMO, as is everything I post!) is childish, immature behavior, flaming, attacking each other or those in other classes, insults, name-calling, and general idiocy like that. All opinions have a place here, but the method you use to express that opinion may hinder another person's ability to understand it.

But the real point: the 'venting' vs. 'constructive' posters and the mentalities they adhere to. There's nothing wrong with venting, but the word venting itself implies that you're basically ranting to let off steam, and don't really mean what you say, or don't feel it as strongly as you may appear to given the volume and tone that you're using to release that stress. Right?

So...how are those of us who aren't venting supposed to know that you are venting? If you don't precede a rant with "okay I just gotta blow off some steam" or give us some kind of context that you don't literally mean what you're saying ... we only have your words to go on; no tone of voice, gestures, expressions, nothing. So a post made as a 'vent' and a post made as a literal complaint can look identical.

Feel free to vent, you're more than welcome to. Those of us "big names" (as someone said, not my words) have never attempted to 'control' the ability of others to express opinions, we've only asked that those opinions get expressed in a way other than screaming at the top of your lungs about how much you hate SOE. That's not too much to ask. But please, don't ever think that you aren't "allowed" to express a certain opinion here - that's just ridiculous.  That said, you're allowed to post your perpsective, and so am I - this is a two-way street, so you're going to have to accept my posts just as you're asking me to accept yours. SMILEY

Anyway, I'm glad the air is clearer in here. Big ups to all of you who are sticking it out, whether you're venting or not.