EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

 

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Class Discussion > Scout's Den > Ranger
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-03-2006, 10:28 PM   #1
Siphar

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 1,322
Default

Strip the feather from my hat and PLuck the gut from my bow SMILEY
 
Its a dark day for all rangers roaming and pillaging norrath... 2nd Feb '06 aka ''DARK DAY'' is the day when Rangers became normal everyday characters in Norrath once again. Sure we can retell stories of old how once mighty Rangers struck fear into the hearts of their foes, soloing various named and instances while not even breaking a sweat.
 
Today... the fear has been [Removed for Content] from our bows. Stream is now just another CA and our str rings are permanent. Our proc'ing weapons cease to exists (PGT etc)..
 
/lowers head in shame... takes cap off and cries...
 
- 60 Nerf'd ranger
- 57 pally
- Level 3 new char...
Siphar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2006, 10:37 PM   #2
Keredh

Loremaster
Keredh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 101
Default

[deleted]

Message Edited by Keredh on 02-03-200609:55 AM

__________________
Keredh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2006, 12:09 AM   #3
GrayStorm

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 155
Default

[expletive haxx0red by Raijinn] this game.

Message Edited by Gorathh on 02-03-200611:48 AM

__________________
Kyudoka
Red Rum


Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats. -- HL Mencken.
GrayStorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2006, 12:27 AM   #4
KnightOfTheWo

General
KnightOfTheWo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 304
Default

I guess at this point you have a choice: you can't control what they do (except you can /bug or /petition or /feedback or post feedback on boards.)You CAN choose to control what you do have: your attitude.Food for thought.
__________________
KnightOfTheWo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2006, 12:48 AM   #5
Badd Boy

Loremaster
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 107
Default

I feel bad for any class that has there dmg reduced, It happened to us on Lich. What you fail to understand is when a dev does see posts like this any constructive talk that is going on is negated by people using foul language or disruptive talk. Dodging the language filter will get you banned and won't help your cause. Help the rest of your ranger friends and keep it calm, discuss it constructively with intelligent feedback. I do however feel your pain man.
Badd Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2006, 01:07 AM   #6
Dwarfnvasi

General
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 3
Default

i hate SoE so bad
Dwarfnvasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2006, 01:11 AM   #7
merula

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 26
Default


Dwarfnvasion wrote:i hate SoE so bad

So you post an inappropriate message hoping people will lose their jobs because you are upset over a video game. Nice. It's comforting to know there are people like you out there with such good morals.
merula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2006, 01:22 AM   #8
GrayStorm

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 155
Default

People are emotional and they are going to get upset over this.  Attacking them for expressing themselves is your way of feeling important I guess.  How about if all you FANBOI's start your own thread.  For the last time, I will say whatever I want, whenever and wherever... and I'll let the MiB decide if it was appropriate. 

 

 

Message Edited by Truxker on 02-03-200612:43 PM

__________________
Kyudoka
Red Rum


Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats. -- HL Mencken.
GrayStorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2006, 01:32 AM   #9
TaleraRis

Loremaster
TaleraRis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Posts: 2,083
Default

There are constructive ways to express yourself and non-constructive ways to express yourself. By a common agreement and with concerted effort from everyone, we try to keep these forums from degenerating into the non-constructive rants found on other boards, and instead strive to work out solutions or at least logical proposals.
 
You want us to respect your right to be upset. We do. Please respect our right to have a non-flame forum.

Message Edited by TaleraRis on 02-03-200603:32 PM

__________________
Gwyneth Lecarde
90 Warty Arrow Flinger
90 Sword Shiner
Najena

Morgasand Ka'Bael
54 Roswellian Mind Scrambler
87 Shield Polisher
Najena
TaleraRis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2006, 01:37 AM   #10
GrayStorm

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 155
Default


TaleraRis wrote:
There are constructive ways to express yourself and non-constructive ways to express yourself. By a common agreement and with concerted effort from everyone, we try to keep these forums from degenerating into the non-constructive rants found on other boards, and instead strive to work out solutions or at least logical proposals.
 
You want us to respect your right to be upset. We do. Please respect our right to have a non-flame forum.

Message Edited by TaleraRis on 02-03-200603:32 PM


yeah... your so called 'constructive' approach got us into this mess.  meanwhile the other classes were raising 100 different flavors of h3ll. 

 

__________________
Kyudoka
Red Rum


Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats. -- HL Mencken.
GrayStorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2006, 01:38 AM   #11
Niuan

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 173
Default


GrayStorm wrote:

People are emotional and they are going to get upset over this.  Attacking them for expressing themselves is your way of feeling important I guess.  How about if all you FANBOI's start your own thread.  For the last time, I will say whatever I want, whenever and wherever... and I'll let the MiB decide if it was appropriate. 

 

--------------------------------------------

I agree the time for happy go lucky posting is over. 

We took it in the shorts from this:

 

Message Edited by Truxker on 02-03-200612:43 PM

Niuan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2006, 01:44 AM   #12
Truxker

Moderator
Truxker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 31
Default

 As upset as you might be. Lets remember to keep things civil.
__________________



Truxing through Forums. One Thread at a time!
~Truxker

Truxker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2006, 01:46 AM   #13
GrayStorm

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 155
Default


Truxker wrote:
 As upset as you might be. Lets remember to keep things civil.

Then it's time for a CIVIL WAR!!!

Just Kidding... OK I'm laughing now, that's a start....

__________________
Kyudoka
Red Rum


Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats. -- HL Mencken.
GrayStorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2006, 01:49 AM   #14
Truxker

Moderator
Truxker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 31
Default


GrayStorm wrote:

Truxker wrote:
 As upset as you might be. Lets remember to keep things civil.

Then it's time for a CIVIL WAR!!!

Just Kidding... OK I'm laughing now, that's a start....


Laughing is always good. Its when you cackle that people tend to get worried.
__________________



Truxing through Forums. One Thread at a time!
~Truxker

Truxker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2006, 02:41 AM   #15
RedArcher

Loremaster
RedArcher's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 48
Default


Truxker wrote:

GrayStorm wrote:

Truxker wrote:
 As upset as you might be. Lets remember to keep things civil.

Then it's time for a CIVIL WAR!!!

Just Kidding... OK I'm laughing now, that's a start....


Laughing is always good. Its when you cackle that people tend to get worried.
Hey! You are like the first MiB I have seen on our EverHappy2 Ranger forums. Good to see you!
RedArcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2006, 04:33 AM   #16
TaleraRis

Loremaster
TaleraRis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Posts: 2,083
Default


GrayStorm wrote:

TaleraRis wrote:
There are constructive ways to express yourself and non-constructive ways to express yourself. By a common agreement and with concerted effort from everyone, we try to keep these forums from degenerating into the non-constructive rants found on other boards, and instead strive to work out solutions or at least logical proposals.
 
You want us to respect your right to be upset. We do. Please respect our right to have a non-flame forum.

Message Edited by TaleraRis on 02-03-200603:32 PM


yeah... your so called 'constructive' approach got us into this mess.  meanwhile the other classes were raising 100 different flavors of h3ll. 

 


It was the constructive approach that fixed the ranger class in the first place prior to LU13. I wasn't a ranger back then, so I can't speak on it, but ask Kaeros or Cat.

Message Edited by TaleraRis on 02-03-200606:34 PM

__________________
Gwyneth Lecarde
90 Warty Arrow Flinger
90 Sword Shiner
Najena

Morgasand Ka'Bael
54 Roswellian Mind Scrambler
87 Shield Polisher
Najena
TaleraRis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2006, 04:34 AM   #17
Jay

General
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 2,137
Default

I guess I must be missing something...but /sayonara to all you weekend rangers who can't take the heat. SMILEY
__________________
Jay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2006, 04:43 AM   #18
RedArcher

Loremaster
RedArcher's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 48
Default


Jay42 wrote:
I guess I must be missing something...but /sayonara to all you weekend rangers who can't take the heat. SMILEY
Well, im here for the long haul... unless I start alt hopping again... or until my ADD kicks in... or until another game comes out that blows me away. :smileytongue:
RedArcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2006, 05:02 AM   #19
Zholain

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 641
Default

You won't see me post comments like this very often.  But.  We held the door open for you one the way in.  We'll be glad to hold it for you on the way out too.  Don't come back until you can show a little grit.  And a lot more class.
__________________
Zholain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2006, 05:07 AM   #20
Sirlutt

Loremaster
Sirlutt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 1,149
Default


KnightOfTheWord wrote:I guess at this point you have a choice: you can't control what they do (except you can /bug or /petition or /feedback or post feedback on boards.)You CAN choose to control what you do have: your attitude.Food for thought.

and you can control which company you send your money too every month.
__________________

I heart DE Broads
Sirlutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2006, 11:41 AM   #21
Gnome mercy

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 303
Default

/sigh, if im not mistaken this little ranger thing is a good change, im not saying it is what is best for us but if you ask me, my server is slowly becoming overpopulated by rangers, i love my ranger because he is a ranger, not cause he is dps or special, my ranger is a ranger and will always be a ranger no matter what soe does to us, now maybe some of you guys dont agree with me, maybe you guys play your char for dps, but me personally would rather have fun than play a char i dont like jsut cause he can do something others cant.

as for other people, complain please feel free, but canw e at least get some intelligent feedback here? I mean no fighting because someone say this class sucks, if you dont like that get over it suck it up do whatever you gotta do to ignore the urge to be even more of an idiot than the last person, just please everyone lets calm the you know what down and talk about this and get some nice non hating feedback in this thread

Gnome mercy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2006, 12:38 PM   #22
Kai'va Arros

 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 17
Default

Not thrilled with the changes but I'll tell you today I went afk for a min or two in an XP group. The minute I got back and started pounding away on the mob, every single person in my group on Vent said, 'Holy crap!, The ranger is back from afk!' While I do love to solo and would love to continue to do so, I recongnize two things.1. Being able to solo a lot of things in the game, honestly isn't what they intended. Pretty sure we're all well aware of that.2. The playerbases of MMO's are EXTREMELY resourceful. I played another game prior to this for a few years. Every single time they made changes to make it more difficult to solo the heavy mobs, the community adapted and found a way to keep doing it. The great thing was it was generally exploit free. Rangers expecially should be resourceful and I really have no doubts in our abilities to overcome/adapt.Again, I hate nerfs (and definitely not liking the ones we got). I prefer to see things answered in other ways. Bump other people up a bit to compensate or adjust the AI to fix your mistakes, don't punish classes for being good at specific things. I understand there are cases where nerfs are actually 'necessary' (/retch) but, too often its the first option developers seem to take. (i.e; the easy route) And really all that does is frustrate the playerbase.So far though, I'm really not seeing that much that effected us. (still sucks though SMILEY)

Message Edited by Kai'va Arroska on 02-04-200601:40 AM

__________________
__________________________________________________ ________________________
Khotae - Thulian Destiny Crew
Kai'va Arros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2006, 12:45 PM   #23
King Leor

 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 267
Default

Im just very [Removed for Content] that I had to pack up my 3 best items due to their changes (some of which I was lied to about unless it's a mistake they plan to change). My items, Ancient Combine longsword, (no longer procs on bow, now useless as I have DW with 25 STR on it.) Now. for the lieing part, I was told shields and BP's, robes etc would still proc on bows even though our weps no longer will. Well, needless to say i have now hung up my cryptic metallic as it wont work with bow anymore and my Uktrl's shield of striking wont work either. I /bugged this of course as from what I was told from Ilucide is that the shields and BP's will still work. So im still hoping at least that it gets fixed and would very much appreciate if we get some feedback regarding it.

LeoricLevel 60 ranger

King Leor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2006, 01:52 PM   #24
illum

 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 95
Default


Kai'va Arroska wrote:1. Being able to solo a lot of things in the game, honestly isn't what they intended. Pretty sure we're all well aware of that.
If that were the case, conjurers would not be able to solo roost, and level 52 wizards would not be able to solo CQ3 (i've seen both being done on multiple occasions).  to add insult to injury, wizards and healers now proc off spells and heals...that just goes to show the wonderful skills known as the SOE EQ2 dev team.
illum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2006, 04:40 PM   #25
Siphar

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 1,322
Default

quite a few replies to a very light hearted message.

I used to play necro main in eq1 so im used to the nerf "sledge hammer", yeh the nerf bat for Eq1 necro's evolved to a sledge hammer (pokemon style) so i'm just getting used to it again with my ranja in eq2.

There have been so many changes to the ranger class amongst others. I used to play my main pally until LU13 then i switched mains, i won't be going back, and yeh i'll adjust.

Just play for fun, so what if we aren't overpowered anymore.. I guess we just have to make friends now and err.. group and stuff.. i guess... SMILEY

Siphar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2006, 05:35 PM   #26
Kai'va Arros

 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 17
Default


illumin wrote:

Kai'va Arroska wrote:1. Being able to solo a lot of things in the game, honestly isn't what they intended. Pretty sure we're all well aware of that.
If that were the case, conjurers would not be able to solo roost, and level 52 wizards would not be able to solo CQ3 (i've seen both being done on multiple occasions). to add insult to injury, wizards and healers now proc off spells and heals...that just goes to show the wonderful skills known as the SOE EQ2 dev team.
Pretty sure it is the case, very well likely though that the outcry to nerf their abilities was nowhere near as loud as it was to nerf us (I could name specific class posts in their forums asking for just that.). I'm sure eventually the dev team will target them in their sights as well. Not saying I wish for this to happen, its disgusting to me for one class to whine about another to get them nerfed simply because they do not have what we've got.
__________________
__________________________________________________ ________________________
Khotae - Thulian Destiny Crew
Kai'va Arros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2006, 06:32 PM   #27
roblinb

Loremaster
roblinb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 126
Default

Don't you mean what we had?
roblinb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2006, 07:05 PM   #28
xandez

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 1,044
Default

Well, wasnt that bad...Imbued rings got changed, i might even like the change i think.SoA got changed, its now completely useless in solo. Well, back to pre DoF lvl 55 ranger style play then.

Sniff, my good 'ol PGT is now pretty much useless too... sniffl. Guess ill have to hunt for that shield which can be shot with the bow to replace my trusty PGT proc...There was good changes thou, arrows are now summoned to the quivers, yay! SMILEY

++Xan

Message Edited by xandez on 02-04-200604:06 PM

__________________
One can survive everything, nowadays, except death, and live down everything except a good reputation.

xandez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2006, 08:38 PM   #29
Cron

General
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 170
Default


TaleraRis wrote:
It was the constructive approach that fixed the ranger class in the first place prior to LU13. I wasn't a ranger back then, so I can't speak on it, but ask Kaeros or Cat.

Message Edited by TaleraRis on 02-03-200606:34 PM


Agreed. I've not been around as long as Kae or Cat, but I'd like to think that I was a part of the changes that came around so you new Rangers could feel the damage we rightly had. The problem is, you don't realize the struggle the Rangers had before that. Our class has always had to struggle for what we have had and for a few short months we lived in Nirvana. Being a Ranger to me means living through the bad times as well as the good because I enjoy BEING a Ranger. It's not about the extreme DPS that we got after CU. That was icing on the cake. We have a motto here that many of us actually play by. Adapt and Overcome. To borrow a phrase from Kae, as long as they leave me my bow, I really don't care what they do.Cat, tell me when it's my turn to hold the door.

Message Edited by Cronon on 02-04-200610:38 AM

__________________
Narsan's Signature
Cron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2006, 05:09 AM   #30
Fireshad

 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 48
Default

So, here I go, I havewe started limiting my posts, mostly cuz Kearos and Cer do such a good job.  I am a ranger since day one, the highest any other characther has ever gotten has been 24.  I will remain a ranger, no matter what they put my class through.  This is not a dark day, but a beautiful day, because here we see the true characther of each and every one of you.  Please, stop playing your rangers, I would love to actually be able to afford ranger masters.  SMILEY  On a serious note though, is it your character you like to play, or is it that you have alot of high numbers above the head of the mob your killing.  If you only like the fact you do alot of damage, play a wizard, they will be back to very high damage with the int to spell ratio increase they are putting in LU20.  If you like having to work your [expletive haxx0red by Raijinn] of for damage, if you like being a having so many restrictions put on where and how you need to be to do damage, if you like having to pay a minimum of 50g per raid instance, and if you LOVE your bow, then I welcome you friend to the great hall of Rangers.  Take your seat.  If not, well, I hear the newbie island is alot of fun this time of year.P.S.  I am not a big fan of holding the door open, can we just put a door stop up so we can drink more beer?
__________________
Shadowsflame
60 Ranger Najena
Fireshad is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 10:40 PM.

vBulletin skin by: CompleteGFX.com
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
All threads and posts originally from the EQ2 and Station forums operated by Sony Online Entertainment. Their use is by express written permission.