EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Terrors of Thalumbra Beta > Raid Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 10-30-2015, 06:13 PM   #61
Tabri

Same here I dont really want to do heroics or solo zones or craft to raid but they have been doing that a while now I dont think they are going to change it. So if the goal is "I want to just go into raid zones with my last expac high end raid gear on" its not gonna happen anyway.
Tabri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2015, 06:17 PM   #62
Loran

Well, you managed to completely ignore the spirit of my post. What I meant is not that we should be able to jump right in and start raids, but rather that we shouldn't have to clear all the solo content and then farm all the heroic content for a rather long amount of time in order to gear our guild up to break into the raids.
Old 10-30-2015, 07:17 PM   #63
Tabri

Not trying to ruin anything I remember when we actually could go from one expac to another as long as we had top end raid gear and jump into the easy mode raid zones of the new expac right away. I was just saying myself personally I would rather NOT do anything but raid.
Tabri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2015, 09:17 PM   #64
sonnycheeba

If that is the case, then the crafters should lose all of their favorite harvesting tools, pack ponies, crafting armor, master cloak, prayer shawl etc...start from scratch and enjoy death by forge and failed creations as you gear up. sounds like fun
Old 10-30-2015, 09:59 PM   #65
Mermut

We don't lose any of our gear in the new expansion, we just upgrade it. I agree that the sig line gear shouldn't be trumping top end raid gear, but you're not losing anything you've got.
I know on the crafter side I wouldn't object if I got new and improved versions of all of my crafting gear, but they don't have the dev team for creating that much tradeskill content.
Mermut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2015, 11:06 PM   #66
Rainmare

they've done that to TSers too. and they don't even so much as bat an eyelash at it. the Solstice Earring is in essence replaced by the Prayer Shawl(as far as effects). we get our pony, and then had to do more quests to dealing with Qho to 'upgrade' it so it could harvest rares/holiday stuff..and it doesn't even get a new appearance or name.

honestly most TS stuff doesn't even GET upgrades. I wonder how you would feel if the only chestpeice/neck item you had was from Velious. or how about your only cloak was from the KoS era. your only earring from RoK. you boots were from vanilla until EoF, where you had to farm for a rare drop to upgrade them. those harvesting tools? yeah, they are getting an upgrade in the xpac if you know a tinkerer who will farm for a new faction as well as spend money getting his skill from 450 to 500. and you won't see crafters blowing a fuse over it.

when the TSers get new gear, they jump for damn joy they get it.
when they have to start mass harvesting new raws and grind TS writs for new factions to get new recipes, they do it, and look forward to the new things they can make.

when raiders have to do something other then raid, they ***** and whine about thier old super high end raid gear being 'obsolete' by new quest/heroic gear.
Rainmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2015, 12:37 AM   #67
sonnycheeba

If you're a crafter then be one and enjoy it. dont come to the adventurer section trying to ruin epic players play style. raiders work hard for the items they have. if you want powerful items then get off your a** , group and raid and earn them instead of cheering and jumping for joy at free overpowered gear at the start of an expac.
Oh and i would love to keep some of my very old powerful items from past glory. but alas each expac its ruined so you can have what we've earned so you catch up and not feel bad.
Old 10-31-2015, 12:45 AM   #68
Mermut

It's not either/or for crafting and raiding. Many people do both.
Old 10-31-2015, 06:15 AM   #69
Lare

Sad things is there are people worse than myself that only log into raid and trying to drag their sorry behind to do quests lets alone AS is not going to work.
Lare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2015, 07:27 AM   #70
Mermut

Maybe you'll lose the dead weight out of your raids when they don't meet min requirements?
Old 10-31-2015, 10:20 AM   #71
Amaitae

Imo it is a good idea that even tot solo gear surpasses aom top end raid gear. last expansion gear should be only usable to beat last expansions' content and less useful for the new content.
Old 11-01-2015, 11:31 AM   #72
Lare

Sadly not many get up and raid at 2am to 6am to raid your time assuming your US. sadly that's our fate!
Lare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2015, 03:36 AM   #73
Luzionist

Seeing the items that are dropping from the named in underland and the quested gear I am curious what the raid gear is going to be like, is it just going to be boosted stats of same thing or are there going to be different things
Luzionist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2015, 06:31 PM   #74
Bloodguts

What does that have anything to do with? Any new players will still get the new items no matter what they do.

The whole argument is about making everything this games loyal players have worked hard to achieve made completely worthless.

If you want people to continue playing after they "finish" the game, you need to entice and reward them with something that they'll want to continue playing for.

For many years this meant that any top end raiding gear you've achieved to get would last you a meaningful amount of time into the next expansion.

What this change does is make players realize that they don't have to continue playing this game after they complete it, because anything they could potentially get is considerably worse than the first items you get from just purchasing the expansion.

This has never affected casuals or other players because they never finished the previous expansion's content, but those that do finish it have no reason to continue playing or pay a subscription for.
Bloodguts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2015, 08:42 PM   #75
ruthless619

And this is news because? 11 year old game needs new shiny to make people interested in playing. I've accepted it in this game, in look towards new games in development like Pantheon for meaning item progression your not going to get an old eq1 esque itemization here....
ruthless619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2015, 09:19 PM   #76
Kuulei

Now AoM wasn't a huge increase from one expansion to the next and other than leveling to 100, if you were raid-geared, all you needed was new resist jewelry to get through the first raid zone on launch.
This new expansion seems to be closer to the CoE > ToV gear changes. I remember replacing 4 soulwell BP with the questline chest. Eek
What I have noticed is that those that are geared and experienced players, will have a far easier time getting through the quest and signature lines and into the heroic and raid content quickly. Those that have resigned to play only for a brief period of time by logging in just for raids, may find themselves falling behind or benched.
Kuulei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2015, 01:34 PM   #77
m4v3r

What this is, is again just a lack of commitment on the dev side.
Instead of really thinking it through (which they wouldn't even need to do because this thread alone is filled with possible ways to handle this much better), they take the easy way out.
They either don't realize or don't care that by doing so, they're once again forcing their own vision of playstyle on simply everyone. This is exactly what drove most of the player base away and will continue to do so.

I really really hope, it's all just looking bad now because of the beta status and am willing to be surprised when the expa launches.