EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

 

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > General Gameplay Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-01-2012, 06:45 PM   #1
Icemaoh

Loremaster
Icemaoh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 12
Default

i was in the understanding that the new krono option would not effect previous methods of payment.

but to my suprise i go to my local walmart well 4 of them local;ly in fact and it seems that they are pulling anything soe timecard related from the shelves  cooincidence  somehow i dont see that ... i use time cards so i dont have to give soe my cc info since their servers have been hacked in the past sure they say the iddue has been resolved but who can be certain ... i find it funny that the cards are no longer available in this are as well as stores in illinois where my parents live is this soe's way of forcing people to only buy krono or go to game stop / best buy ? ive been told during my hunt for game cards by several different buisiness that they are removing / discontinuing these cards it jsut seems wrong to force people to give soe their cc info an pay not 15 $ but what 17.99 for chrono especially when soe stated that no other pament method would be messed with.. i do not like purchasing a prepaid credit card since its not as secure as i would like and it also costs additional 5 $ jsut for the card ... also the fact that you removed the ability to buy expansions via station cash and there will be no boxed versions of the game ... only able to order online ... once again this is not right requiring us to give credit card info yet again ... not everyone feels safe buying products online with credit card information no matter how "safe" you claim it is theres always ways to get information or steal people identities look at anonymous  they have released how many gig of personal information from previous hacks of systems ... please dont steal my sc cards from me as i buy approx 10 a month at least i have been playing since launch  my wife has been playing for 3 years  my son and daughter both been playing for years thats 3 primary accounts for family members and each of them have 3 seperate alternate accounts that are used that totals to 12 for my fam members alone  and as for me i have 6 accounts just myself  comes to a total of 18  18 sc cards a month totals 270 usd  thats not including the od and ends sc cards that they would buy just to get stuff from the market place ... 

so basically im *$%%#$ that this krono will be screwing us outta game cards from walmart gamestop and bestbuy  forcing us to either spend all day farming plat to buy krono from players at a extremly high rate per krono or just let us actually go out and spend a lil real life money on time for the game like we have been or if you cant continue with the cards how about we jsut cancell 18 accounts and shrink soe's  pocket by at least 275-300 + each month jsut from this one household ....

Icemaoh Listrfiend

Icemaoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 06:59 PM   #2
Rargo

Loremaster
Rargo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 36
Default

I just bought 2 SC cards at my Illinois Walmart about an hour ago, but it wouldn't suprise me if this is SOE's plan to remove them.

Makes me wonder since we are getting a triple SC Sunday.. that way most peeps will use them up.

__________________
Rargo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 07:10 PM   #3
Foretold
Server: Unrest_old
Guild: Rage
Rank: Rager

Loremaster
Foretold's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 147
Default

There weren't any SC cards at my Walmart either last week when I went.  I plan on going to a few different ones tomorrow...

It will suck if SC cards are no longer an option.

Foretold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 07:28 PM   #4
Dexella

Community Relations
Dexella's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 477
Default

We have a very strong relationship with Wal Mart. We are absolutely not pulling our cards.

Since we just did a Double SC with Wal Mart specifically, and we have the general Triple SC coming up this weekend, it is possible that the cards were sold out. 

We had old cards that were pulled (or were supposed to be pulled) from the shelves a while back (those were $5 cards). If you asked an employee, they may have been referring to those.

But Wal Mart does, and will continue to, sell our Station Cash and game cards. 

~Dexella

__________________
*Dexella*

Community Relations Manager
Dexella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 08:02 PM   #5
Rainmare
Server: Oasis
Guild: Pillage
Rank: Captain

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 1,982
Default

the problem with walmart is that individual stores get to make the call on it. for example the store right by me has never sold stationcash cards. if you ask why, they give you the general answer of they didn't see any reason to.

so your stores you are visiting may have simply sat down and looked at the sales and said it isn't worth keeping them on the shelf.

so while SoE and Walmart may still be buisness partners and wlamart still sells their cards, you gotta find a walmart with a store/dept manage that thinks they are worth keeping in stock.

Rainmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 09:08 PM   #6
Filly67

Loremaster
Filly67's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 518
Default

I bought six 1500+500 SC cards at the first Walmart that I went to today and there were plenty left.  For the record this particular store normally isn't as well stocked as the one closer to me but I happened to be in the area. 

Of course it's way more fun when people call out that the sky is falling. 

__________________
Filly67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 10:16 PM   #7
Icemaoh

Loremaster
Icemaoh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 12
Default

why is it my walmarts are saying they have so many on stock yet they have none on the shelves and their reason is its : no mod" in their words that means they will no longer be carring them ./... i understand some people can find them still but its just annoying i cant find any at any of the stores in my area ... i tend to keep them in buisiness on those cards buy easily 20 a month from that store they tensd to get them in batches of 30 so ... its just very very annoying im having management lookin and figureing this problem out  since they havent had any for the past 2 months now  jsut seems odd that with the release of kronos they no longer carry them .... all i know is if they actually find their stock if it exists im grabbin all they have and taking them home with me jsut so i have on hand.... ans for the retail box  i hate digi d/l   please come out with a boxed version i know you hate advertising outside of game and forums etc  but if you did you might come up with a larger playerbase larger playerbase = more people spending moneys on sc items and subs...

Icemaoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 10:50 PM   #8
SteelPiston

Loremaster
SteelPiston's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 143
Default

You really do need to join the 21st Century and get over your "Creditcardophobia"

You don't buy the SC cards with your credit card. The credit card company does. Your obligation is to pay them back within 30 days so not to incurr any interest. Buying things on credit cards is the best way, as you often get free insurance on the purchased item as it is not technically yours until you pay the credit card company for it. Any fraud on your card is at their expense unless they can prove that you were neglegent with the card and didn't keep it safely.

I have owned numerous credit cards for over 30 years and have never once had an issue. ATM cards however, are a different story. They have been scammed and cloned several times with different banks over the years. In all cases, the money was returned to me after signing a form stating that I did not purchase the said item.

Throw away that buggy whip, those 78's, and buy a phone without a cord attached to it.

__________________
Deadraiser 92 Inquisitor - Freeport.
SteelPiston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 02:34 AM   #9
Tommara

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 301
Default

SteelPiston wrote:

You really do need to join the 21st Century and get over your "Creditcardophobia"

You don't buy the SC cards with your credit card. The credit card company does. Your obligation is to pay them back within 30 days so not to incurr any interest. Buying things on credit cards is the best way, as you often get free insurance on the purchased item as it is not technically yours until you pay the credit card company for it. Any fraud on your card is at their expense unless they can prove that you were neglegent with the card and didn't keep it safely.

I have owned numerous credit cards for over 30 years and have never once had an issue. ATM cards however, are a different story. They have been scammed and cloned several times with different banks over the years. In all cases, the money was returned to me after signing a form stating that I did not purchase the said item.

Throw away that buggy whip, those 78's, and buy a phone without a cord attached to it.

It's not about "Creditcardophobia".  If I buy SC with my credit card, I get 1500 SC for $15.  If I buy from Walmart, I get 2000 SC for $15.  Double Station Cash days it's 4000 SC for $15. 

Tommara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 02:26 PM   #10
SteelPiston

Loremaster
SteelPiston's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 143
Default

Tommara wrote:

SteelPiston wrote:

You really do need to join the 21st Century and get over your "Creditcardophobia"

You don't buy the SC cards with your credit card. The credit card company does. Your obligation is to pay them back within 30 days so not to incurr any interest. Buying things on credit cards is the best way, as you often get free insurance on the purchased item as it is not technically yours until you pay the credit card company for it. Any fraud on your card is at their expense unless they can prove that you were neglegent with the card and didn't keep it safely.

I have owned numerous credit cards for over 30 years and have never once had an issue. ATM cards however, are a different story. They have been scammed and cloned several times with different banks over the years. In all cases, the money was returned to me after signing a form stating that I did not purchase the said item.

Throw away that buggy whip, those 78's, and buy a phone without a cord attached to it.

It's not about "Creditcardophobia".  If I buy SC with my credit card, I get 1500 SC for $15.  If I buy from Walmart, I get 2000 SC for $15.  Double Station Cash days it's 4000 SC for $15. 

Icemaoh has the "Creditcardophobia", but you could always buy your Walmart cards with a credit card if you wanted to. 

__________________
Deadraiser 92 Inquisitor - Freeport.
SteelPiston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 02:32 PM   #11
Juggercap

Elder
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 208
Default

Icemaoh wrote:

why is it my walmarts are saying they have so many on stock yet they have none on the shelves and their reason is its : no mod" in their words that means they will no longer be carring them ./... i understand some people can find them still but its just annoying i cant find any at any of the stores in my area ... i tend to keep them in buisiness on those cards buy easily 20 a month from that store they tensd to get them in batches of 30 so ... its just very very annoying im having management lookin and figureing this problem out  since they havent had any for the past 2 months now  jsut seems odd that with the release of kronos they no longer carry them .... all i know is if they actually find their stock if it exists im grabbin all they have and taking them home with me jsut so i have on hand.... ans for the retail box  i hate digi d/l   please come out with a boxed version i know you hate advertising outside of game and forums etc  but if you did you might come up with a larger playerbase larger playerbase = more people spending moneys on sc items and subs...

You buy 20 a month? What the ... do you do with them?

__________________
------------------

Run away! Run away!
Juggercap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 05:33 PM   #12
Atrocious ShadowStalker

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 16
Default

So let me get this straight:

If I buy $15 SC from walmart I get 2,000 SC.

If I put the code in for that SC card this Sunday whens its triple SC   I can get  6,000  for $15?

Atrocious ShadowStalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 06:26 PM   #13
LordPazuzu

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Tampa, FL
Posts: 2,157
Default

Icemaoh, man... Wall of text bro.

But yeah, no problems here getting SC cards at Walmart.

LordPazuzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 06:28 PM   #14
Cyliena
Server: Everfrost
Guild: Crusaders of Neriak
Rank: Colonel

Fansite Staff
Cyliena's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 3,798
Default

[email protected] wrote:

So let me get this straight:

If I buy $15 SC from walmart I get 2,000 SC.

If I put the code in for that SC card this Sunday whens its triple SC   I can get  6,000  for $15?

Yes.

Cyliena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 08:04 PM   #15
Rutaq

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 29
Default

SteelPiston wrote:

You really do need to join the 21st Century and get over your "Creditcardophobia"

You don't buy the SC cards with your credit card. The credit card company does. Your obligation is to pay them back within 30 days so not to incurr any interest. Buying things on credit cards is the best way, as you often get free insurance on the purchased item as it is not technically yours until you pay the credit card company for it. Any fraud on your card is at their expense unless they can prove that you were neglegent with the card and didn't keep it safely.

I have owned numerous credit cards for over 30 years and have never once had an issue. ATM cards however, are a different story. They have been scammed and cloned several times with different banks over the years. In all cases, the money was returned to me after signing a form stating that I did not purchase the said item.

Throw away that buggy whip, those 78's, and buy a phone without a cord attached to it.

Hey, I had the same things happen today at a Walmart in MA.  

The website says the store has them in stock but they weren't on the shelf along with all the other flavor of Game cards.  I asked an Associate for help and they stared at the shelf for a bit and shrugged and said they don't carry them..?!?!!!

I went to the register in Electronics and asked the Cashier to see if they maybe had them at checkout and He told me that the Website lies and just because it says they carry them that it isn't always true.  I pulled out my phone and showed him the website and the Station card picture but he didn't seem to recoginize it SMILEY

As I was about to leave, I noticed the website mentioned a Number to give to an Associate for help finding the product.  I showed the Cashier the number of the website.  He grabbed a hand scanner and started typing and was shocked when it told him that there were 142 cards in stock !   He sighed and fumbled through a box behind the counter and pulled out a stack of Station cards still wrapped in shipping plastic.

He went on to explain that they justt redid the Game Card shelf last week and that they weren't shipped Face Tags ?  (The little Product Decscription / price / Barcode) for some cards and so they weren't put out.    

So if you try again go to the Walmart Website chose your store and write down the Product number is says to give to the Associate....

Good Luck...

Rutaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 11:26 AM   #16
Cakeny

Lord
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 94
Default

Probably a coincidence.  I have gone hunting for cards in the past and none of the walmarts within 20 miles had any for a few months.  Then they suddenly started carrying them again.

Cakeny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 11:31 AM   #17
Cakeny

Lord
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 94
Default

Rutaq wrote:

SteelPiston wrote:

You really do need to join the 21st Century and get over your "Creditcardophobia"

You don't buy the SC cards with your credit card. The credit card company does. Your obligation is to pay them back within 30 days so not to incurr any interest. Buying things on credit cards is the best way, as you often get free insurance on the purchased item as it is not technically yours until you pay the credit card company for it. Any fraud on your card is at their expense unless they can prove that you were neglegent with the card and didn't keep it safely.

I have owned numerous credit cards for over 30 years and have never once had an issue. ATM cards however, are a different story. They have been scammed and cloned several times with different banks over the years. In all cases, the money was returned to me after signing a form stating that I did not purchase the said item.

Throw away that buggy whip, those 78's, and buy a phone without a cord attached to it.

Hey, I had the same things happen today at a Walmart in MA.  

The website says the store has them in stock but they weren't on the shelf along with all the other flavor of Game cards.  I asked an Associate for help and they stared at the shelf for a bit and shrugged and said they don't carry them..?!?!!!

I went to the register in Electronics and asked the Cashier to see if they maybe had them at checkout and He told me that the Website lies and just because it says they carry them that it isn't always true.  I pulled out my phone and showed him the website and the Station card picture but he didn't seem to recoginize it

As I was about to leave, I noticed the website mentioned a Number to give to an Associate for help finding the product.  I showed the Cashier the number of the website.  He grabbed a hand scanner and started typing and was shocked when it told him that there were 142 cards in stock !   He sighed and fumbled through a box behind the counter and pulled out a stack of Station cards still wrapped in shipping plastic.

He went on to explain that they justt redid the Game Card shelf last week and that they weren't shipped Face Tags ?  (The little Product Decscription / price / Barcode) for some cards and so they weren't put out.    

So if you try again go to the Walmart Website chose your store and write down the Product number is says to give to the Associate....

Good Luck...

The employee was talking out his , the shelf label is printed in store.

Cakeny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 12:43 PM   #18
salty21db

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 337
Default

Icemaoh wrote:

i was in the understanding that the new krono option would not effect previous methods of payment.

but to my suprise i go to my local walmart well 4 of them local;ly in fact and it seems that they are pulling anything soe timecard related from the shelves  cooincidence  somehow i dont see that ... i use time cards so i dont have to give soe my cc info since their servers have been hacked in the past sure they say the iddue has been resolved but who can be certain ... i find it funny that the cards are no longer available in this are as well as stores in illinois where my parents live is this soe's way of forcing people to only buy krono or go to game stop / best buy ? ive been told during my hunt for game cards by several different buisiness that they are removing / discontinuing these cards it jsut seems wrong to force people to give soe their cc info an pay not 15 $ but what 17.99 for chrono especially when soe stated that no other pament method would be messed with.. i do not like purchasing a prepaid credit card since its not as secure as i would like and it also costs additional 5 $ jsut for the card ... also the fact that you removed the ability to buy expansions via station cash and there will be no boxed versions of the game ... only able to order online ... once again this is not right requiring us to give credit card info yet again ... not everyone feels safe buying products online with credit card information no matter how "safe" you claim it is theres always ways to get information or steal people identities look at anonymous  they have released how many gig of personal information from previous hacks of systems ... please dont steal my sc cards from me as i buy approx 10 a month at least i have been playing since launch  my wife has been playing for 3 years  my son and daughter both been playing for years thats 3 primary accounts for family members and each of them have 3 seperate alternate accounts that are used that totals to 12 for my fam members alone  and as for me i have 6 accounts just myself  comes to a total of 18  18 sc cards a month totals 270 usd  thats not including the od and ends sc cards that they would buy just to get stuff from the market place ... 

so basically im *$%%#$ that this krono will be screwing us outta game cards from walmart gamestop and bestbuy  forcing us to either spend all day farming plat to buy krono from players at a extremly high rate per krono or just let us actually go out and spend a lil real life money on time for the game like we have been or if you cant continue with the cards how about we jsut cancell 18 accounts and shrink soe's  pocket by at least 275-300 + each month jsut from this one household ....

Icemaoh Listrfiend

I'm sorry but are you stating that you spoke to Walmart employees and they told you they were "pulling cards?"  LMFAO.  I'm sorry that is just hiliarious.  I'm not busting you so much as I am the employees of Walmart.

I actually pull a joke on them everytime I go in because I seem to get different ones everytime.  I know exactly where the cards are "hidden" in two of the stores near me and they are never clearly out in front in mine.  So I always ask them where they are and 9/10 I get pointed to xbox live cards, playstation cards, or some other rack of like Facebook points.  Not once was a Walmart employee able to show me SC cards.  I then walk right to them and point and go "oh there they are."

Lets just say I wouldn't really take anything Walmart employees say to heart and that includes managers.  They aren't the brightest bunch.

salty21db is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 11:49 PM   #19
thesiren

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 697
Default

Just want to chime in here because I ran out and bought two $15 + 500 free SC Walmart cards tonight and they had plenty more.

I preordered Halo 2 at Best Buy across the street, too.  Hehe!  Well!  American Express has this crazy deal where you link up your Xbox Live account to your Amex, and they not only credit you $10 back on your Amex, but you can get $50 back for getting a certain achievement in Halo 4 besides.  They have other credits, too- check it out!

Sorry for the de-rail.  SC cards.  Still at Wally World.  At least in my neck of the woods here in MA.

You may now go back to your regularly scheduled program.

thesiren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 12:02 PM   #20
agnott

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 710
Default

Can I just point out that just about everything SOE is promoting is a money transaction or something that leads to money transaction.

EQ2 is now an "Accounting MMO"

agnott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 06:14 PM   #21
Wingrider01

Loremaster
Wingrider01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 5,999
Default

agnott wrote:

Can I just point out that just about everything SOE is promoting is a money transaction or something that leads to money transaction.

EQ2 is now an "Accounting MMO"

not quite sure the point you are trying to make, bt if you look around 95 percent of every online game out there is a "Accounting MMO" if they don't make money they don't stay around - look at all the ones that have gone face down in the pond over the last 5 or more years

__________________
Fixing computer issues, one SOC7 at a time.

Yes Jim, the user has experienced the dreaded PICNIC error

Wingrider01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 02:55 PM   #22
agnott

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 710
Default

Wingrider01 wrote:

agnott wrote:

Can I just point out that just about everything SOE is promoting is a money transaction or something that leads to money transaction.

EQ2 is now an "Accounting MMO"

not quite sure the point you are trying to make, bt if you look around 95 percent of every online game out there is a "Accounting MMO" if they don't make money they don't stay around - look at all the ones that have gone face down in the pond over the last 5 or more years

It's sad but alot of gamers are using this faslehood to justify the amount of money they spend every month.

agnott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 03:40 PM   #23
salty21db

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 337
Default

agnott wrote:

Wingrider01 wrote:

agnott wrote:

Can I just point out that just about everything SOE is promoting is a money transaction or something that leads to money transaction.

EQ2 is now an "Accounting MMO"

not quite sure the point you are trying to make, bt if you look around 95 percent of every online game out there is a "Accounting MMO" if they don't make money they don't stay around - look at all the ones that have gone face down in the pond over the last 5 or more years

It's sad but alot of gamers are using this faslehood to justify the amount of money they spend every month.

Spending money on something you enjoy...what a notion huh?

Not to mention why is it any of your business or anyone elses what people do with their money?  Do I detect a hint of jealousy in this post?

salty21db is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 04:02 PM   #24
Dexella

Community Relations
Dexella's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 477
Default

Hey folks,

Before this thread continues to derail, I'm going to lock it down. If you want to provide more feedback on Krono, please use the official feedback thread found here: http://forums.station.sony.com/eq2/...topic_id=523825

If you'd like to continue the other conversations, please create a thread specific to those topics in the appropriate forum. 

Thanks!

~Dexella

__________________
*Dexella*

Community Relations Manager
Dexella is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 10:31 AM.

vBulletin skin by: CompleteGFX.com
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
All threads and posts originally from the EQ2 and Station forums operated by Sony Online Entertainment. Their use is by express written permission.