EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > General Gameplay Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 11-01-2012, 01:27 PM   #1
J7critter

Loremaster

If I use a Kronos token on a free to play account, does it give me 30 days of play time as a gold account holder?

Old 11-01-2012, 01:34 PM   #2
Juggercap

Elder

J7critter wrote:

If I use a Kronos token on a free to play account, does it give me 30 days of play time as a gold account holder?

If I'm not mistaken, that's the point of the item...

Run away! Run away!
Juggercap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 02:23 PM   #3
mercychalice

Loremaster

wouldn't it just be cheaper to get the gold account for $15? these kronos things don't make any sense.

~The Truth Against the World~

Akisaara, Corean, Komai, Lexine, Tymon, Amalyah, and Pluckyou

Guk Server
mercychalice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 02:36 PM   #4
Mermut

Loremaster

mercychalice wrote:

wouldn't it just be cheaper to get the gold account for $15? these kronos things don't make any sense.

The main point of chrono's really, is not to buy YOURSELF a month of game time, but to sell a month of game time to somebody else in exchange for plat... as far as I can tell at least.

Old 11-01-2012, 03:18 PM   #5
Dexella

Community Relations

Mermut is correct. Buying a Krono is not the same as purchasing a month of membership. 

Krono is an in-game item; it is designed to be traded or sold in-game for platinum (or items, or given as a gift...it's your call!). Since it can be used in-game this way and can provide people and alternative means for obtaining membership without using traditional payment methods, there is a premium attached to the item.

It's also worth noting at one Krono is also good for 30 days of All Access if you are on an All Access plan when you consume the Krono. One month of All Access costs more than $17.99/month. 

~Dexella

Community Relations Manager
Dexella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 03:45 PM   #6
J7critter

Loremaster

Thanks for the answers. I guess I was just confused if it gave you unrestricted access like a gold account would or would it only give you 30 days of the next highest tier (ie. silver). I have a gold account and also a second, older account that I was considering using as well. Since I have the plat on my gold account, I thought maybe buying a Krono token with some plat and trading it to my second account might be good for me to see if I want to play both again. Again, thanks for the replies.

Old 11-01-2012, 06:04 PM   #7
bks6721

Loremaster

buying loot rights is too cumbersome for new players currently.  Kronos will make SLR auctions much easier.  Pay to win 'your way'. ftl

bks6721 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 08:26 PM   #8
SOE-MOD-17

Community Moderator

Hi! Please direct any and all feedback, questions or concerns about Krono to our Official Feedback thread here. Thanks!

Closing thread.

SOE-MOD-17 is offline   Reply With Quote