EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > The Tavern > Norrathian Homeshow
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 05-07-2012, 04:40 AM   #1
ClawsDragonkin

Loremaster

I'm sure most of us who purchased the Storm Tower Isle appreciates the new controller on the Tower door.

The problem is the Storm Tower Isle default setting is"Unleash the Storm" and it resets every time the visitor leaves and then comes back. The owner can't set it for "Calm the Storm" for anyone but themselves and even if they could set it for visitors it would just reset back to " Unleash the Storm" when they leave the zone.

Can you please set the default as " Calm the Storm" or let the owner/Trustee set the Isle storm setting for visitors? I have a nice home on Antonia Bayle called Twinight's Beastlords Tower Isle but nobody can visit because of the extreme lag. Anyone not familiar with the door controller will just leave because the lag is so bad.

ClawsDragonkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 05:17 AM   #2
Deveryn
Server: Lucan DLere
Guild: Fourth Wall

Loremaster

+1. The switch is nice, but I'm never going to turn on the rain for myself and I certainly don't want visitors dealing with the lag, when I get around to publishing.

Old 05-07-2012, 05:30 AM   #3
ClawsDragonkin

Loremaster

I would keep it off too but we don't have that option at the moment. It resets to the laggy "unleash the storm" setting every time you leave the zone and to make it worse, you can only change the zone for yourself. Anyone else visiting while you are there with it set to " Calm the Storm" will still have it set to " unleash the storm" until they change it for themselves.

Old 05-07-2012, 01:13 PM   #4
msgnomer

Loremaster

I've noticed the lag when I visit too, although I do love a good temporary dose of the heavy storm. 

Now, this would be nothing but a temporary solution to get visitors to stay, but you could use a magic mouth, or even better,  a crafted sign, that instructs players "how to use the magically powered device you've installed" or something like that.

Hall of Fame: Help Feed the Dragons! (No, you won't be the food!)

Look for Poet's Dungeon: The Mad Poet's Release returning soon.

----------

Aluriel's chronicle of a scavanger hunt through 50 player decorated homes and guildhalls:.... http://photobucket.com/AlurielsAdventure

msgnomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 07:20 PM   #5
Dawnstrike

Lord

Yes +1, I could barely make it to the controller to switch the settings due to the lag.

Cheribomb's Design Portal Hub

The New Halas Express

The Tangle Island Resort

The Shimmering Serpent Mens Lounge - Personal Library

A Frostfell Carol - Opera House

Dawnstrike's Manors of Erollisi Home

Dawnstrike's Maj Dul Suite

Nagafen: Elinor

Elinor's Freeblood Lair

Savne's Maj Dul Suite & Graveshadow's Grand Hall

Dawnstrike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 02:39 AM   #6
ClawsDragonkin

Loremaster

Still no word SMILEY

Old 05-19-2012, 05:24 AM   #7
Brigh

Loremaster

I toured the tower and experienced no lag so it either is people's lack of hardware to view it or a combo of filling the zone and the storm.

-Stephen Colbert

CoD3 double XP Rank Up promotion lesson for kids
Brigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 06:56 AM   #8
tkia

Tester

The zone is a STORM Tower Isle. If they set the default to off that would reduce it to simply a Tower Isle ...
tkia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 11:16 AM   #9
Deveryn

Loremaster

tkia wrote:

The zone is a STORM Tower Isle. If they set the default to off that would reduce it to simply a Tower Isle ...

It's not like the storm clouds disappear and it becomes a bright sunny day, when the rain is switched off. If we're going to argue over the naming, perhaps it needs to be renamed to 'Untested Lag Storm Tower Isle.'

Old 05-20-2012, 02:37 AM   #10
ClawsDragonkin

Loremaster

Brigh wrote:

I toured the tower and experienced no lag so it either is people's lack of hardware to view it or a combo of filling the zone and the storm.

If you visit my Storm Tower Isle, Twinight's Beastlord's Tower Isle, on Atnonia Bayle you will be lagged. An empty or near Empty Storm Tower Isle will be lag free. It's only when you put 400+ items, Twinight's Tower has 1087, that the lag will start building. You can barely move inside Twinight's Tower until you " Calm the storm". If you can make it to the switch.

Old 05-20-2012, 02:42 AM   #11
ClawsDragonkin

Loremaster

tkia wrote:

It's the Storm Tower Isle. Not the " I can barely move because the lag is soooooo bad Storm Tower Isle". When you calm the storm only the rain stops, the Black clouds are still there. If the rain didn't cause mine blowing lag, less the 5 fps, there wouldn't be a problem. But it does.

Old 06-04-2012, 06:48 AM   #12
ClawsDragonkin

Loremaster

This zone is still not fixed. Please make the zone in default " Calm the Storm".

Old 06-04-2012, 09:06 AM   #13
Katz

Loremaster

Yeah, I was touring homes and loaded onto a Storm Isle, it was like trying to swim through quicksand to get to the controller.  The default should definitely be "calm the storm".

Katz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 03:17 PM   #14
Jasarina

Tester

I have to agree here. I have left several storm towers because I could not move. I will also refrain from buying one until this is addressed. 

Aileya, Reassi, Raelina, Kearina, Rheassi, Amalena, Arindra, Kealina, & Jeassi (Antonia Bayle)
Jasarina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 01:59 AM   #15
ClawsDragonkin

Loremaster

This zone is still not fixed. If you don't believe me please visit my home on Atonia Bayle. I renamed it to " Twinight's laggy Stowm Isle".

Old 07-12-2012, 01:54 AM   #16
ClawsDragonkin

Loremaster

Please fix this zone.

I have decorated four homes and they all have close to the same item count of 800 items. Please visit all four on the AB housing leadership board to compare the lag. Solinda's Mansion and Scarlit's Cave Lair are in the large home section. Twinight's Laggy Isle is in the massive homes and my newest home, Tinbow's Halfling Fortress, is under the medium homes.

Compare and see how bad the lag is in Twinight's zone. The switch was a awesome compromise but only if you know it's available and where to find it. Even knowing where the switch is located it's very tough to reach it because the lag is soooooo bad.

Please make " Calm the Storm" the default setting.

Old 07-12-2012, 10:58 AM   #17
Sandyfoot

Loremaster

Perhaps if the switch was moved from the door of the tower and placed near the zone in/exit portal, it would be in a utility position where it can be accessed as soon as someone enters the zone. Visitors could regulate the weather as needed so they can enjoy the creative efforts of the decorator.

Sandyfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 10:32 PM   #18
Deveryn

Loremaster

Sandyfoot wrote:

Perhaps if the switch was moved from the door of the tower and placed near the zone in/exit portal, it would be in a utility position where it can be accessed as soon as someone enters the zone. Visitors could regulate the weather as needed so they can enjoy the creative efforts of the decorator.

I recently got back to trying to decorate my tower isle and I had the same idea. Perhaps the switch could be moved over by the rock near the portal. All a person would have to do is turn in place. I would still like the default to be "Calm the Storm," but this seems like a reasonable alternative.

Old 09-08-2012, 01:44 AM   #19
ClawsDragonkin

Loremaster

Still no change from the last post. Dev's please fix this zone.