EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Services > EQ2Players.com Website Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 03-27-2012, 10:14 AM   #1
tafkaga

Loremaster

Is this still available?  I spent an hour trying to find it last night on the website or from other locations and I must be overlooking it or else all the links that point to it don't point to it anymore.

tafkaga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 10:48 AM   #2
Wizardlord
Server: Antonia Bayle
Guild: Acolytes of Valor

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

Is this still available?  I spent an hour trying to find it last night on the website or from other locations and I must be overlooking it or else all the links that point to it don't point to it anymore.

ive got it on my HTC, but hasnt worked in ages, think they may of dropped support for it atm (who ever made it)

Wizardlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 10:51 AM   #3
tafkaga

Loremaster

Ok, I'll stop looking for it then.  Thanks.

tafkaga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 02:14 PM   #4
Lantis

Loremaster

With the new data feeds SOE provide, it should be trivial for any Android developer to provide something far more advanced in terms of viewing characters, gears, spells, etc...

What would still be MIA however is guild chat - I don't think the public chat server is even still available.

If any Android dev is interested, have a look at the data feed info from http://data.soe.com .

I would do it myself if I wasn't too lazy to learn Java SMILEY

Lantis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 05:21 PM   #5
Jack Orb

Loremaster

I wrote an unnoficial third-party EQ2Players app for Android back in 2009, more than a year before Sony released the official one and it is still available today and working with the new feeds.  It doesn't have all of available data in it and I'm having trouble finding enough free time to work on new features (any volunteers would be welcome - it's open source) but I am still trying to support it and at least fixing critical bugs as and when they're reported.  Unfortunately as you say the guild chat server remains unavailable so while QuestForever contains the code to support chat, it doesn't have a server with which to communicate.

Uxian Shaali'Nes

Co-Leader of Truewatch

European Roleplay Guild on Splitpaw Server

Everquest 1 & 2 information and Guild Chat on Android-based mobile devices:

Quest Forever by Uxian

---
Jack Orb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 08:38 PM   #6
Hordolin Awanagin

Tester

[email protected] wrote:

I wrote an unnoficial third-party EQ2Players app for Android back in 2009, more than a year before Sony released the official one and it is still available today and working with the new feeds.  It doesn't have all of available data in it and I'm having trouble finding enough free time to work on new features (any volunteers would be welcome - it's open source) but I am still trying to support it and at least fixing critical bugs as and when they're reported.  Unfortunately as you say the guild chat server remains unavailable so while QuestForever contains the code to support chat, it doesn't have a server with which to communicate.

*tosses his hat into the volunteer ring* Point me to it in a PM with a todo.