EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > The Development Corner > In Testing Feedback
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 08-24-2011, 08:47 AM   #91
LivelyHound

Loremaster

slippery wrote:

Corydonn wrote:

One thing I don't get is the itemization of crit bonus on all of these items when it's mainly a stat for players having 100% Crit chance. What level are players expected to reach that and will gear be updated to reflect that?

This. It makes ZERO sense for low level items to have crit bonus. It is an entirely useless stat because it isn't going to increase anything. It is take itemization points away from things that could actually help them.

About that:

My lvl 52 all MC templar has:22.4% Crit, up 1.2% from live.27.5% Bonus, up from zero on live.28.9% Potency (+0.3% from wis increase giving 29.2%), up from zero on live when I last checked on test. Wis Potency is 65% on test, 64.7% on live.

Personally at lvl 52 what else could they give me that would help.

Well casting speed would be nice and they gave 10% of that on the same setup.So would more hp: they gave 1250 of that. (up from 7100)More power: they gave 800 of that. (up from 6800)More resists: approx 1500 extra per type given on test (~8% boost  to 69% mit)More avoidance: they gave some of that approx. 1% uncontested avoid, 2% avoid in total.More mit: that went up to by a little.More ability mod: that went down by 90 (from 210).More auto attak stats: I got a mixture of melee aattk, and spell aattk stats on that gear that I had non of before.    Melee if I recall as I didn't write them down was about 10dps 5haste. SAA was some but minimal. More reuse spd: the amount they would give at this level would be very low, because it would have to reach current low values of dov early quest gear or break it.More Spell dbl attack: yes pls (never gonna happen)

So for this particular toon , I would have to say that the crit bonus is very welcome. Potency would probably be much more beneficial but they are raising both cb and pot in conjunction with each other. I think this is sensible, as every one gets used to the stats as they level (from a new player pov) and you dont suddenly lose half your pot and get bonus added in a mid tier somewhere. It also makes it much easier for the itemisation code I would imagine. That to me is why it is there, because if you gave more useful stats at some point you have to take them away to give the newly more useful bonus stat because of the item point budget. Look what happens if the itemise with more useful stats like potency for my templar:

1 item point gives the approx. the same amount of potency or bonus and now my templar has 60% potency instead. That templar is fairly beastly on live (orange ^^^ names with adds do die at level tyvm, they just take a fair amount of time) Imagine after these changes go from test to live, now imagine giving me another 30% dmg/heals on top all the time with that cb->pot swap instead of the 6% rough increase I will get from bonus. Now add in the eof aa changes so I can not waste as many aa points and I envisage this toon just becoming nuts. That's on a templar, you know one of the seriously overpowered classes .

**EDIT **

Incidentally, as i'm sure you are aware, you can have about 15% crit normally by lvl 10 if you lock your level and go for the crit aa, so even at low level crit bonus can have an effect, all be it small, not that yo ucan get it. Having just quickly checked my armorer, the first place I saw bonus added was on lvl 52 gear (very brief 5 min check). The same appears to be true of my jeweller.

LivelyHound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 09:51 AM   #92
Trensharo

Loremaster

Can't believe people are still asking for more after they've practically tripled the power of low level 5x toons...

Unbelievable...

No wonder they devs don't take us seriously.

Trensharo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 09:54 AM   #93
LivelyHound

Loremaster

Wasn't asking for more, was pointing out the fact that what else would they give. IN response to what the others wrote. As in they already gave everything there is nothing more to give. An yes it is as I wrote... nuts.

Quote : " I envisage this toon just becoming nuts "

LivelyHound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 03:15 PM   #94
Gninja

The Dev Gnome

The SF fabled Heroic drops should once again be heroic instead of legendary.

Gninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 03:17 PM   #95
Hammieee
Server: Everfrost

Loremaster

Herakeet Orb of Swirling World's is now mage only.... as well as the WoE shield wispy wall is now priest only, i use these items on diffrent class's for apperance and wonder why did you change those?

Hammieee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 03:17 PM   #96
LardLord

Loremaster

Gninja wrote:

How are the class restriction fixes coming along? I'm particularly curious about Honor of Pantrilla, since I still use that item.

LardLord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 03:43 PM   #97
Talathion
Server: Antonia Bayle
Guild: Cladire Mortii

Loremaster

Gninja wrote:

Are you going to add Multi-Attack and Critical Chance back on SF Jewelry? 

It Was kind of one of the big reasons we wore it, I lost alot from this change and it will greatly effect my gameplay come live.

We need more multi-attack on fighter gear in DOV as well.. bracelets without MA and Cloaks without MA and Earrings without MA and armor without MA... we need MA to compete with DPS for Aggro...

Talathion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 03:57 PM   #98
Hammieee
Server: Everfrost

Loremaster

[email protected] Bayle wrote:

Gninja wrote:

Are you going to add Multi-Attack and Critical Chance back on SF Jewelry? 

It Was kind of one of the big reasons we wore it, I lost alot from this change and it will greatly effect my gameplay come live.

We need more multi-attack on fighter gear in DOV as well.. bracelets without MA and Cloaks without MA and Earrings without MA and armor without MA... we need MA to compete with DPS for Aggro...

taunt harder

Hammieee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 08:00 PM   #99
Prrasha

Loremaster

Prrasha wrote:

Gninja wrote:

The majority of those issues are already fixed just not pushed to test yet. There was one item on tehre that needed adjusted and we are doing that right now.

Since there are some new items to look at on test today...

Gussets of the Waste Hunter & Shield of the Green Dragon are still not upgraded (from the previous list.)

A couple HQ rewards were changed, but basically nerfed (Serrated Bone Dirk, 20 STR 15 AGI and nothing else!) Most have not been upgraded.

A number of tradeskill recipes now make nothing:

- all Brellium Rings except "of Intelligence" (not really an improvement over the un-upgraded ones yesterday.  )

- sackcloth, broadcloth, and damask scarf (but the other scarves still exist)

- Wooly Fingercuff (mark of manaar recipe), Druidic Loop (void shard), thinker's earring ("Jeweler's Secrets of Quel'ule")

- (and several others, not wading through all 5000 recipes on my jeweler, much less the rest of my alts)

Some T9/SF things are upgraded (Disintigration Cloak, Gazer's Spear of Teeth, Onayan Sash of Tears), but many more are not (Darkest Crystal, Mage's Highland Robes, Scionic Knights Orb, Mottled Cloak of the Everliving)

...and a couple other things I spotted today: Fish-Embroidered gloves (quest in Kunzar Jungle), Girdle of the Di'Zok Spirit (collection quest reward) are not upgraded.

...no updates on Test today for any of these.  Thursday patch looks to be in jeopardy, as we're now down to one day (again) to check tens of thousands of items and recipes that are probably going to get hit with another round of script-based adjustment.  We don't seem to be close to the point where stuff can be fixed onesy-twosy by hand, yet.

Prrasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 08:06 PM   #100
Gninja

The Dev Gnome

A large amount of item changes are done on our internal server and we are going through them constantly looking for more. We would actually lose time at this point putting the newer stuff out to test. We don't expect everything to be perfect but we will definately address any issues as we/you find them even after the update happens.

Old 08-24-2011, 08:11 PM   #101
slippery

Loremaster

Did you at least make sure the DoV items you messed up are fixed?
Old 08-24-2011, 08:12 PM   #102
slippery

Loremaster

specifically dov raid items
Old 08-24-2011, 08:17 PM   #103
Deneir_Allaston

Loremaster

Gninja wrote:

A large amount of item changes are done on our internal server and we are going through them constantly looking for more. We would actually lose time at this point putting the newer stuff out to test. We don't expect everything to be perfect but we will definately address any issues as we/you find them even after the update happens.

Thats good to hear, thanks for the update Gninja.

One question though, does that mean you guys have internally corrected the unusually low Critical Chance on lower Level/Tier (Sentinel's Fate and below) Weapons, Throwing Weapons, Bows, Symbols, Shields, and Belts leading upto Destiny of Velious content?

Deneir_Allaston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 08:23 PM   #104
Gaige

Loremaster

Gninja wrote:

Um, what?  So you're just going to send the update live knowing its so broken and then rely on players to find broken items...

That's...

Old 08-24-2011, 08:31 PM   #105
ThomasCH

Loremaster

I just want to know if all of the DoV raid items will be fixed as the update hit live servers tomorrow.

Please get back to us on this.

Old 08-24-2011, 08:35 PM   #106
Corydonn

Loremaster

Gninja wrote:

I'm going to be super irritated if my DoV raid weapons still has 20%+ critical chance missing so that I can't run the new zones that come out~.

Corydonn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 08:38 PM   #107
Geothe

Loremaster

Corydonn wrote:

Gninja wrote:

I'm going to be super irritated if my DoV raid weapons still has 20%+ critical chance missing so that I can't run the new zones that come out~.

Not to mention missing adornment slots on current DOV gear as well as the loss of other stats as well.On top of the f-up that is the rest of the itemization changes in other tiers.

Smed: 5) This [LoN] is not some slippery slope towards selling items directly in EQ & EQ II.

Lie #3: Station Cash. Enough Said.

Geothe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 08:43 PM   #108
Talathion

Loremaster

my HM 2 Hander is missing a red slot, 40% Critical Chance and 40% Multi-Attack SMILEY

Old 08-24-2011, 08:58 PM   #109
slippery

Loremaster

I just can't believe that you guys fixed the glaring itemization problems. It would be a massive mistake to push this stuff live if by pushing it live you make people unable to raid because they don't have the crit chance.
Old 08-24-2011, 09:00 PM   #110
Gninja

The Dev Gnome

The raid items should be fixed back to what they had before. The change is not on test but I just verified them.

Old 08-24-2011, 09:16 PM   #111
Deneir_Allaston

Loremaster

Gninja wrote:

The raid items should be fixed back to what they had before. The change is not on test but I just verified them.

Very nice, how about the Critical Chance issue on Pre-Velious Weapons, Throwing Weapons, Bows, Symbols, Shields, and Belts has anything been done about those slots low (or non existent) Critical Chance internally?

Old 08-24-2011, 09:34 PM   #112
Gninja

The Dev Gnome

Can you give me an example and I can check on it.

Old 08-24-2011, 09:40 PM   #113
Deneir_Allaston

Loremaster

Gninja wrote:

Can you give me an example and I can check on it.

Heres a pretty quick example from the other thread discussing this:

http://forums.station.sony.com/eq2/...topic_id=505327

Old 08-24-2011, 09:46 PM   #114
Gninja

The Dev Gnome

That specific item has 13.3 crit chance in our build.

Old 08-24-2011, 09:50 PM   #115
ThomasCH

Loremaster

The proc on it looks pretty awesome for a magician.

Old 08-24-2011, 09:53 PM   #116
papasmurf1004

Loremaster

Has all the level 80 shard gear and Mythical weapons been fxed now also? they still are not on test. Also shard jewelery is still not right althoguh better than it was. Still many peices were the dropped item is better than the upgraded item.

Old 08-24-2011, 09:54 PM   #117
Gninja

The Dev Gnome

Yes those have been fixed. The legendary EoF sets have not been done however we will likely need to do those after the GU launches.

Old 08-24-2011, 09:56 PM   #118
Deneir_Allaston

Loremaster

Gninja wrote:

That specific item has 13.3 crit chance in our build.

Thanks for quick reply, so Im geussing a bunch of items got boosted from Test to what you guys have now, that seems a bit more reasonable. This is another good example, this shield got changed from Scout/Priest to Scout only (despite the Priest proc) and for a level 90 raid Fabled seems to have pretty low Critical Chance especially when compared to similar Velious items of the same slot:

Old 08-24-2011, 10:11 PM   #119
Bratface

Loremaster

I am very afraid to log in tomorrow, on test copy we have had some items upgrades and other in the set not upgraded or changed at all.

It would have been better to do it thoroughly rather than do it haphazardly.

Bratface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 10:18 PM   #120
Talathion

Loremaster

Id rather have the Critical Chance and Multi-Attack then Piddly bits of Potency/CB.... (and 0.4% AE Autoattack..lol)