EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > Zones and Population
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 07-13-2011, 04:42 PM   #31
Avacii
Server: Splitpaw
Guild: Validus

Loremaster

And for yet more SOE fail ... you have to call out because the exit door isn't clickable.Or is that "working as intended"?

Avacii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 04:43 PM   #32
Avirodar
Server: Oasis
Guild: Tyranny

Loremaster

Validus finally killed a mob before someone else? I am still recoverying from the sky falling on my head.While it is possible that they manned up, as a guild, encounter mechanics suggest pot luck. The real test will be when they reset the zone.Omnomnom. Popcorn.

Old 07-13-2011, 04:50 PM   #33
Salvator
Server: Splitpaw
Guild: Validus

Loremaster

Dunno dont think we are doing too badly now we finally are fighting on an even level with our server upgrades. Prehaps we did get lucky tho. Sure we will find out.

Salvator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 04:56 PM   #34
LardLord

Loremaster

[email protected]_old wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

The first named in tallons took us about 1 hour to figure out with alts and lots of people afk.

If you cant kill it, its because your guild isnt good enough. Dont cry, look at the buff, look at the parse and figure out how to kill it.

You dont even need much crit mit. All you need is a little thought.

[email protected] wrote:

slip dont try make this into something it isnt, were not bragging

Looks like Bragging to me.  

Yeah, but how are you supposed to argue against nerfing an encounter without saying that you didn't find it overly difficult? /shrug

LardLord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 06:06 PM   #35
Heelo
Server: Nagafen
Guild: Onyx

Loremaster

slippery wrote:

You know what this is? Sullons all over again. 1 guild gets lucky, thinks they are the cats pajama's, and talks a bunch of crap. You guy lucky with things lining up in a way that didn't completely screw you. You didn't do something magical, you didn't have some amazing strat, you got lucky. There are things in this script that make it completely luck based. It isn't a hard fight to figure out. Oh look, if I cast or attack with this buff on me I die. Oh look, if people stand near me with this buff they lose all their power. Oh look, 3 mobs need 3 different debuffs, one of which is a fighter debuff. Yep, you guys are amazing. You know what happens when guilds run their mouth about how easy new content is and how amazing they are for killing it right?

Hey when we did it we where clearly trolling.  This guys from splitpaw is srs.  This fight is so luck based....killable but very flustrating encounter.  Almost not worth doing imo. SMILEY

Heelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 07:02 PM   #36
ThomasCH

Loremaster

Luck based fight. That is all.

Old 07-13-2011, 07:09 PM   #37
Morghus

Loremaster

ThomasCH wrote:

The saddest thing is that this is supposed to be the easy version of it.

Morghus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 07:22 PM   #38
RogueSpideyChick

Loremaster

Morghus wrote:

ThomasCH wrote:

The saddest thing is that this is supposed to be the easy version of it.

the hm version has curses that need to be cured in 4 secs before raid blow up! oh...& they hit right 3 secs before backlash.

the way things are going, i wouldn't be surprised if this's the addition for hm.

RogueSpideyChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 07:36 PM   #39
drakkenshie

General

[email protected] wrote:

The first named in tallons took us about 1 hour to figure out with alts and lots of people afk.

If you cant kill it, its because your guild isnt good enough. Dont cry, look at the buff, look at the parse and figure out how to kill it.

You dont even need much crit mit. All you need is a little thought.

You should never have to look at a parse to figure out anything about an encounter.

You should always be able to just look at the game effects and what the mob is doing to figure out a fight. Having to use external tools just proves how badly designed things are.

Old 07-13-2011, 07:48 PM   #40
Karagon
Server: Runnyeye
Guild: Xanlite

Lord

Go kill tormax at least. It is pretty killable and easy. Why wasting time in instances without the gear from previous ones oO?

And easy drunder instances are just loss of time without any profit.

Karagon 92 zerker
Karagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 07:54 PM   #41
Gahnand
Server: Unrest
Guild: Equilibrium

Loremaster

drakkenshield wrote:

You should never have to look at a parse to figure out anything about an encounter.

the problem with this logic is that parsing tools such as ACT aren't the make it or break it to a fight like this (not to mention it's entirely off-topic for this thread). Parsing tools simply speed up the OG method of looking through combat logs manually.

Old 07-13-2011, 07:56 PM   #42
Gahnand

Loremaster

Karagooon wrote:

Go kill tormax at least. It is pretty killable and easy. Why wasting time in instances without the gear from previous ones oO?

And easy drunder instances are just loss of time without any profit.

we suck at tormax. SMILEY and i already mentioned that killing 1 mob is still going to leave us weeks behind killing new stuff (at best). I don't even care about gear in the slightest, I JUST WANT TO KILL SOME NEW STUFF.

Old 07-13-2011, 08:00 PM   #43
Karagon
Server: Runnyeye
Guild: Xanlite

Lord

It wouldn't die only because you want it. If you can't kill the mob that require your RL to think a bit for tactic for first X minutes of fight and that require all raid move ones a minute - you are not ready for new one.

We pulled 1st named in easy tallon's today 1-2 times after statue. Seemes not really hard though.

Btw - even with hats from tormax 1st named in Sullon (hard mode) hits much less cause do not crit tanks. With hard mode chests it would die i think quite easy.

Karagon 92 zerker
Karagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 08:03 PM   #44
Gahnand

Loremaster

Karagooon wrote:

It wouldn't die only because you want it. If you can't kill the mob that require your RL to think a bit for tactic for first X minutes of fight and that require all raid move ones a minute - you are not ready for new one.

We pulled 1st named in easy tallon's today 1-2 times after statue. Seemes not really hard though.

you're missing the point of the thread, but i can't blame u since it's been taken so far off course.

Old 07-19-2011, 07:31 PM   #45
darkmagic0420

Loremaster

you shouldn't have to wait on one mob to start on new content but for some reason they feel this is the best way to get content to take the entire year to finish.

thanks for having such creativity SoE.

made they should make SC iteam that lets you bypass raid content, or buy raid gear....oh wait

LDL
darkmagic0420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 10:07 PM   #46
Shrag

Loremaster

tanks get combat madness

another week for changes!!!!

Shrag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 01:33 AM   #47
Felshades

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

Have the same gripe here. Every new zone the players are getting into: more bugs/broken mobs, or incredibly annoying effects and overpowered mobs. And having the content tweaked 1-2 weeks after a couple guilds finally get blocked by it really screams at how bad the fights are being designed and tested.

It all feels like completely untested content until the players themself test and lose patience over it. Pathing is especially fun in all the zones really.

The encounters this expansion are overall annoying to me... Always trying to "mix things up", but it's really just more of the same. There are some I enjoy but nothing really stands out. I mean even beside stupid curse cures and clickie cures... coop strike and x2 debuff? Is this really the rest of DOV? Is this game going to revolve around using a 3rd party tool like ACT for the rest of it's life span?

It cant really be any worse than this:

http://deadlybossmods.com/

Unless they added something that I'm not aware of.

WoW used to also have an addon that DREW ON THE FREAKING GROUND the safe spots to stand when an AoE went off or an ability that landed on the ground went, like if the boss tossed a bomb or shadow bolt or something that dealt splash damage when it landed.

That mod linked up there however shows timers for every bad thing that happens, shows the enrage timer(OH SNAP YOU TOOK TOO LONG ITS NOW GONNA ONE SHOT EVERYONE) and yells at you when people get a det(who, and what) that needs to be removed. It yells at you when you stand in something you shouldn't be.

I pretty much can target the boss to watch his hp, Mouseover macro heal spells take care of my healing(mouse over a player frame and hit the hotkey to heal that person), look at the ground I'm on to make sure I'm not standing in something and "beat" the fight via audio cues. I could probably play the game almost completely blind.

Don't tell me they did something to ACT that made it like that.

Felshades is offline   Reply With Quote