EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > Zones and Population
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 06-01-2011, 03:07 PM   #61
Heelo
Server: Nagafen
Guild: Onyx

Loremaster

nope less crit mit than HM and no yellow adorn slot.  Gear progression is all messed up =/

Heelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 03:09 PM   #62
ThomasCH

Loremaster

Leovinus wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

aITEM 937766490 210878580:Sullon's Bow of Brutal Mania/a

aITEM -1183265967 -1167503138:Gorget of Exacting Mutilation/a

aITEM 1060457087 -2137808684:Earstud of Spiteful Assault/a

aITEM -30495138 -340055704:Trophy: Sullon's Wrath/a

So a zone that has higher gear requirements than the DoV release hardmode drops pieces with less crit and other stats than said hardmode.  So how exactly are we supposed to meet the gear requirements for Drunder hardmode again?  Does the armor at least have higher crit mit?

The armor from this zone is better than easy mode T1 raid gear but worse than hard mode T1 gear. It also has no yellow adornment.

I do agree. The loot from the zone is not good enough for the T2 hard mode fights.

Oops. The Heelonator got it first.

Old 06-01-2011, 03:26 PM   #63
Shuai

Loremaster

It really isn't that rough of a fight.... pretty simple. And no he's not trolling.

Wonder what the diff of pve/pvp servers is atm. anyone know?

Old 06-01-2011, 03:29 PM   #64
Wytie

Mouse Betrayer!

What is trolling I dont understand?

Old 06-01-2011, 03:33 PM   #65
ThomasCH

Loremaster

Shuai wrote:

It really isn't that rough of a fight.... pretty simple. And no he's not trolling.

Most likely nothing. Its just me who has my hands full of AE immunes. When the mobs ports I already have turnstrike spammed.

Old 06-01-2011, 03:37 PM   #66
Ebofu

Lord

just to clarify we were getting hit for 131k focus damage, its part of the strat, very easy to stop, id laugh if it had nothing to do with servers but it must SMILEY

Ebofu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 03:41 PM   #67
RogueSpideyChick

Loremaster

ThomasCH wrote:

Shuai wrote:

Most likely nothing. Its just me who has my hands full of AE immunes. When the mobs ports I already have turnstrike spammed.

i have aoe immune for every other one, porcupine, my troub has bd, & a large number of the raid (my group too when shell isnt up) have been hit for 125k+ (not just a few ppl, but entire groups) on a NON-crit...so id think again if u think pvp & pve servers arent diff. there's a diff between a lot of ppl & entire groups (especially tanks that r getting hit harder than anybody) getting 1 shot by every ae. the ONLY reason i lived as much as i did is the combination of shell & the 306 crit mit that i stacked on because id heard the 300/300 for that zone. anybody else in the raid that had lower than that (most of them with 220+) was stomped to the curb.

RogueSpideyChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 03:54 PM   #68
ThomasCH

Loremaster

Cool. It probably is bugged. To be completely honest the entire Onyx left the cleared zone thinking we'd not even care to post it because we were sure at least 5 of the top 10 guilds on eq2progress would have done the same.

Can we get a red name to look into what is up please.

Old 06-01-2011, 03:56 PM   #69
Wytie

Mouse Betrayer!

Most likely has something to do with the new pvp stats, and for once it appears to benifit us, rather than [Removed for Content] us for one out of a million......

Since it never crashed on us, and does alot for you all, I bet its all related. Oh well enjoy it for now I guess :/

Old 06-01-2011, 04:12 PM   #70
lollipop

Loremaster

ThomasCH wrote:

Leovinus wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

aITEM 937766490 210878580:Sullon's Bow of Brutal Mania/a

aITEM -1183265967 -1167503138:Gorget of Exacting Mutilation/a

aITEM 1060457087 -2137808684:Earstud of Spiteful Assault/a

aITEM -30495138 -340055704:Trophy: Sullon's Wrath/a

So a zone that has higher gear requirements than the DoV release hardmode drops pieces with less crit and other stats than said hardmode.  So how exactly are we supposed to meet the gear requirements for Drunder hardmode again?  Does the armor at least have higher crit mit?

The armor from this zone is better than easy mode T1 raid gear but worse than hard mode T1 gear. It also has no yellow adornment.

I do agree. The loot from the zone is not good enough for the T2 hard mode fights.

Oops. The Heelonator got it first.

lol at that loot.

No ear set bonus

Bow is a app from SF x2 lol what a joke.

lollipop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 05:02 PM   #71
slippery

Loremaster

Ebofu wrote:

just to clarify we were getting hit for 131k focus damage, its part of the strat, very easy to stop, id laugh if it had nothing to do with servers but it must

Just to clarify, I got hit for 199k non focus heat damage with 258.5 crit mit and over 50k elemental resists. You are getting hit for drastically less than we are.

Old 06-01-2011, 05:05 PM   #72
slippery

Loremaster

P.S. If our views are all slanted by the broken mechanics currently in place then this zone and the loot is probably completely in line (well, aside from the fact that the crit and crit mit requirement needs to be lowered some. We should need at max 240 crit mit and 260 crit for this zone). That places it directly between easy and hard launch zones, which is where this zone should be on easy. I think we are just see'ing some bugs that are making this artificially far harder than it actually is.
Old 06-01-2011, 05:07 PM   #73
Heelo
Server: Nagafen
Guild: Onyx

Loremaster

slippery wrote:

P.S. If our views are all slanted by the broken mechanics currently in place then this zone and the loot is probably completely in line (well, aside from the fact that the crit and crit mit requirement needs to be lowered some. We should need at max 240 crit mit and 260 crit for this zone). That places it directly between easy and hard launch zones, which is where this zone should be on easy. I think we are just see'ing some bugs that are making this artificially far harder than it actually is.

QFT

Heelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 05:10 PM   #74
Wytie

Mouse Betrayer!

Had over 300 crit chance lastnight and was not critting 100% on those mobs. I couldnt help but laugh when loot dropped and it had even less crit chance on it than the gear I had on that wasnt even enough for the zone....

Old 06-01-2011, 06:09 PM   #75
Shuai

Loremaster

I was hit for 178k repeatedly til we worked our strat out. Through my 40% dmg reduction.

Old 06-01-2011, 06:27 PM   #76
Splackx4

Loremaster

i had 200 crit mit for this fight and was in the mystic solo heal group l2pot

Splackx4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 06:31 PM   #77
dep

Hero

its not a bug. its part of the strat

slippery wrote:

Ebofu wrote:

just to clarify we were getting hit for 131k focus damage, its part of the strat, very easy to stop, id laugh if it had nothing to do with servers but it must

Just to clarify, I got hit for 199k non focus heat damage with 258.5 crit mit and over 50k elemental resists. You are getting hit for drastically less than we are.

Old 06-01-2011, 06:32 PM   #78
Eyema
Server: Befallen
Guild: Shadowed Strife

Loremaster

There is a broken mechanic atm. PVP is different than PVE. Read this post for reference: http://forums.station.sony.com/eq2/...topic_id=501035

Silius wrote:

Greetings all,

We are looking into the disparity between NPCs on PVP servers and PVE servers. We have a few potential culprits and are trying to whittle it down.

Sorry for the inconvenience we will get this resolved as soon as we can.

Silius

I can only assume what the culprit may be, until they find it, but i can assume its most likely to do with the new PVP stats. Mobs are most likely ignoring PVE crit mit on PVE servers and looking for PVP crit mit. So i guess if you can fill a raid with all BG gear you can probably work on Drunder till the hotfix goes live, otherwise you are wasting time, just go back to Kael till then.

Eyema is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 06:36 PM   #79
Splackx4

Loremaster

and check ur parse again... if its 190k dmg it might be from the heat aoe, but its focus dmg ;p

Old 06-01-2011, 06:37 PM   #80
Splackx4

Loremaster

no the encounter is fine go kill it

Old 06-01-2011, 06:40 PM   #81
ThomasCH

Loremaster

Doubt that is it. We had lots of people dying last night. Sometimes even trash mobs would explode half of the raid.

Old 06-01-2011, 06:41 PM   #82
ThomasCH

Loremaster

Oh and Sullon had a bad AE that killed most of us that we for sure had to work on.

Old 06-01-2011, 06:43 PM   #83
dep

Hero

I have 0 pvp crit mit and we were all wearing pve gear. I agree that the difficulty of the mob is out of progression, but the damage you were receiving was akin to a mini fail condition. we experienced high damage just as you did on the first couple of pulls... then we changed strategies. Great raid leaders, tbh.

I bet you we will still be accused of getting strats handed to us on this one. lol

[email protected] wrote:

There is a broken mechanic atm. PVP is different than PVE. Read this post for reference: http://forums.station.sony.com/eq2/...topic_id=501035

Silius wrote:

Greetings all,

We are looking into the disparity between NPCs on PVP servers and PVE servers. We have a few potential culprits and are trying to whittle it down.

Sorry for the inconvenience we will get this resolved as soon as we can.

Silius

I can only assume what the culprit may be, until they find it, but i can assume its most likely to do with the new PVP stats. Mobs are most likely ignoring PVE crit mit on PVE servers and looking for PVP crit mit. So i guess if you can fill a raid with all BG gear you can probably work on Drunder till the hotfix goes live, otherwise you are wasting time, just go back to Kael till then.

Old 06-01-2011, 06:46 PM   #84
slippery

Loremaster

Splackx4 wrote:

and check ur parse again... if its 190k dmg it might be from the heat aoe, but its focus dmg ;p

Right, clearly the servers aren't different, and I can't read, and this says focus. We must really suck at curing.

It's okay guys, Onyx #1 ww, nothing wrong with the game. Just a tank with 50k Elemental resists and 268.5 crit mit getting hit for 206k non focus damage, nothing to see here.

Old 06-01-2011, 06:47 PM   #85
Eyema

Loremaster

SOE never said it was PVP crit mit, that was my assumption. Unfortunately for your argument, SOE has said there is a definate difference in the two server sets right now. What ever they find to be the "culprit" and later hot fix in, im sure will make all the difference. But regardless of what the actual problem is, there IS one. And SOE has officially recgognized it and admitted they are working on a fix. Im sure your raid force is spectacular, but thats not what got you the kill.
Old 06-01-2011, 06:47 PM   #86
Monotone
Server: Guk
Guild: Ne Plus Ultra

Loremaster

Dont forget Silius already posted something is wrong with NPCs ov PVP vs PVE

Old 06-01-2011, 06:48 PM   #87
ThomasCH

Loremaster

I wonder what server has it right. Is it supposed to be as hard as it is on PvE or is it supposed to be as easy as it is on PvP.

Old 06-01-2011, 06:48 PM   #88
Splackx4

Loremaster

[Removed for Content] sux to be pve then D:

Old 06-01-2011, 06:50 PM   #89
Eyema

Loremaster

Going by itemization, i would think the zones fall in between EM and HM Kael. Since the loot is better than EM but worse than HM. By that logic, PVP has it right, and PVE is broken, hence the no kills world wide. So progression would be EMKael < EMDrunder < HMK < HMD

Old 06-01-2011, 06:51 PM   #90
ThomasCH

Loremaster

I think PvP has it at the right level as well. Perhaps PvE is getting hard mode damage?