EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Class Discussion > Scout's Den > Ranger
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 04-16-2009, 04:02 PM   #91
StealthM0

General

Assassin wall parse...and seriously, comments like from the poster above are not needed nor wanted here. This is for comparison.

FIX THE RANGER MYTHICAL IN 09! DEVZ KNOW ITS BROKE, GMs KNOW ITS BROKE, SO WHY IS IT STILL BROKE?!? FIX REPEATING ARROWS, AND OUR OTHER BROKEN CA'S! AND READD BY PRODUCT INGOTS, OR REMOVE BY PRODUCT DUSTS!
StealthM0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 06:36 AM   #92
EQ2Magroo

Loremaster

[email protected] Bayle wrote:

Assassin wall parse...and seriously, comments like from the poster above are not needed nor wanted here. This is for comparison.

I think Safanah was spot on (if that's who you were referring to). Here's what he said:

No intention to flame, but if an assassin can't totally destroy a ranger on kunzar jungle wall parses he should go and play another class, seriously. Assassins can spike so high on short parses and the wall absolutly benefits them.

So it just comes down to how long you wait. Their high DPS is up approx every minute (concealment, fatal followup for example) so it would be up like 5 times out of 10 giving an assassin with my gear like 5 parses with 10-15k DPS if not much more.

Safanah is probably the best equipped Ranger in game and he does 10k parses. You've posted some random assassin parse and he's getting 14k

I think both of his comments are therefore spot on, yet you still say that there's not much difference between Ranger and Assassin parses ?

/boggle

EQ2Magroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 05:07 PM   #93
Gaige

Loremaster

Bored so, meh:

I didn't use any temp adorns or potions and I didn't use my short duration food either, in fact I forgot to use any food/drink at all :O

The only thing I waited to refresh before each fight was bloody reminder and that was normally just a couple seconds anyway.

I only used our 5 min temp buffs and sniper for the first parse, everything after that was just using what I had up.

You can see my gear on players, my profile isn't blocked.

Old 04-17-2009, 05:20 PM   #94
Gaige

Loremaster

Nothing to see here :O

Old 04-18-2009, 06:18 AM   #95
EQ2Magroo

Loremaster

Not sure about the parse Gage, but you definately win the Highest XP Debt Award. That's a pretty awesome value SMILEY

Old 04-18-2009, 09:44 AM   #96
Safana.

Loremaster

I'm saying it again, your comparison is nonsense, stealthmode.

What did that parse prove?

It proved, that assassins totally dominate on short fights because they can burst all their CAs (which are higher avg dmg than ours). Compare it to my parse where I waited for stealth fire every fight to begin with... I did what? Not even close to 13k... what did that assassin do? 14k and he does not even have good gear (can see it from missing procs in his parse) nor is he a good player (missing some important combat arts in some fights, fatal followup only 6 times in 8mins for example).

Old 04-21-2009, 09:25 AM   #97
EQ2Magroo

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

I'm saying it again, your comparison is nonsense, stealthmode.

What did that parse prove?

It proved, that assassins totally dominate on short fights because they can burst all their CAs (which are higher avg dmg than ours). Compare it to my parse where I waited for stealth fire every fight to begin with... I did what? Not even close to 13k... what did that assassin do? 14k and he does not even have good gear (can see it from missing procs in his parse) nor is he a good player (missing some important combat arts in some fights, fatal followup only 6 times in 8mins for example).

Ah, you don't seem to be aware of SM's latest theory.

Apparently the Ranger mythical is broken (no idea how he knows this though), and once the devs fix it in an upcoming Game Update, we'll all be pulling 18k ZW parses. It seems Assassins Thirst is proccing from the mythical and Talon Strike is not proccing as often as it should ? And this is the cause of our missing 5-10k DPS...

I've tested it myself this morning and it all works fine for me when soloing (at least against solo mobs in JW), but I doubt this will change his mind.

Old 04-21-2009, 01:19 PM   #98
Safana.

Loremaster

Well assassins thirst is broken indeed. I grouped with an alt who was wearing some bracelet with it and it procced for me every time I did a kill... It should only proc for him when he does a kill but it acted like it was a group buff.

Old 04-21-2009, 03:24 PM   #99
EQ2Magroo

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

Well assassins thirst is broken indeed. I grouped with an alt who was wearing some bracelet with it and it procced for me every time I did a kill... It should only proc for him when he does a kill but it acted like it was a group buff.

Which in the SM world becomes "Ranger myth is proccing Assassins Thirst". What it should have said was "other player's attacks can cause xxxx's bracelet to proc". At least then when he submitted the petition the devs would have some useful info, as it is it will just be wasting their time.

Actually, it was pointed out this morning in 70-79 chat that this was probably a group proc thing but we were told by SM it was also happening when playing solo. Despite me proving it wasn't with some testing in JW, at which point I was told that he trusts the devs word more than mine and did not want to discuss further.

No wonder Rangers get such a bad reputation - with friends like that who needs enemies ?

Anyway, hopefully this will be fixed soon and I can get some of those 18k parses I've been hearing so much about.

Old 04-21-2009, 04:17 PM   #100
Safana.

Loremaster

Bad words filter forbids me to describe what I think about him... *shrug*

Old 04-21-2009, 05:42 PM   #101
EQ2Magroo

Loremaster

I kinda feel bad as I remember helping him out when he was level 77. Made him a Di'Zok bow and a Bloodwood Bow too as he was using something awful. Gave him lots of advice about AAs and gear, seemed to quite a nice guy at the time...perhaps I should have just advised him to betray...

Talathion and Stealth on the same server....what are the odds ? SMILEY