EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > PVP Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 04-10-2008, 03:36 PM   #1
Menstor

Lorekeeper

I'm just curious.  I mean, they're really the only ones that ever get updates that benefit PVP despite the over-abundance of classes that could ACTUALLY use it.

I'm sure you Rangers will agree, you're just NOT powerful enough!  Golly, it ain't easy PVPing from a distance when you can invis, track, poison, snare for 90%+, root, snare again for 90%+... and again... and again (heck, it takes me longer to type "... and again" than it does to refresh and recast your snare).  God, if it weren't for the 100% poison prock, and the fact that you can dang-near 1-shot people while remaining invised and at a distance, and the fact that when you're losing you can cast Get Away... or just evac... you'd barely stand a chance!

So, good job Sony!  Keep buffing the Rangers.  I'm sure you'll realize soon that Monks and Bruisers have too many stuns, and that the problem with healers is that they can heal.  Berzerkers are perfectly fine with their class-specific ability of wearing plate armor, and robes just aren't paper-thin enough!  Dirges really SHOULDN'T be able to keep everybody running fast all the time, in and out of PVP combat, because that's a Fae only ability... but, hey, Dirges are dps POWER-HOUSES in PVP, so they won't complain.  No, in fact, as I read through the forums, I see only two actual complaints dealing with PVP: casters die too easily... and Rangers can't kill everything.  Its good that you're listening to one of those...

Menstor Hissn'Vinagoar - Zerker - Venekor - PvE

Lilbunny Foo'Foo - Brigand - Venekor - Solo PvP
Menstor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 04:10 PM   #2
Sightless

Loremaster

Fact is, my Templar, Guardian, and Warlock are much easier to play than my Ranger. And more powerful. I'm sure Rangers with the top four bows in the game are doing good, but not all of us have the time, or the ability to get these top four bows.

I see in your signature you play a Beserker, and a Brigand. Easily among top DPS classes right now in T8 PvP. Beserkers are putting out insane damage in tier 8.

Old 04-10-2008, 04:11 PM   #3
Dregard44

Loremaster

Would you like some Cheese?

Dregard44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 08:12 PM   #4
Dracot

General

Sightless wrote:

Fact is, my Templar, Guardian, and Warlock are much easier to play than my Ranger. And more powerful. I'm sure Rangers with the top four bows in the game are doing good, but not all of us have the time, or the ability to get these top four bows.

I see in your signature you play a Beserker, and a Brigand. Easily among top DPS classes right now in T8 PvP. Beserkers are putting out insane damage in tier 8.

Yet your sig is always private. Even looking up the demron char, we only see your scout visible. Hiding something?
Old 04-10-2008, 10:31 PM   #5
hosuke

Loremaster

The two fights with scambag were one after the other, each fight lasted about 1 sec. i was dead before i could even cast.

1st fight he did 8842 in little over 1 sec, i didnt get a chance to cast. (this is more then the avg fission, fission is point blank, rift is point blank, they both take 4 sec to cast, he is doing the damage at ranger and in 1 sec, who knows what damage he would do in 4 sec)

2nd fight he did 6957 + my ward of 2000 total damage of 8957

SOE WHY DID YOU FREAKING GIVE SCOUTS STIFLE ITEMS THAT PROC OFF RANGED!

free image hosting

hosuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 10:34 PM   #6
KatrinaDeath

Loremaster

I do not support one second fights.Funny how we have two posts here... One is a ranger crying they got nerfed... The other, a mage crying that rangers are doing too much.Which is it guys?!?!?!
KatrinaDeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 10:39 PM   #7
hosuke

Loremaster

if i could get this freaking pic to upload you'll see what i mean
Old 04-10-2008, 10:52 PM   #8
KatrinaDeath

Loremaster

I see it... It's ridiculous.
KatrinaDeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2008, 12:02 AM   #9
Vys

General

Looks to me like he auto attacked you twice in each fight.  Doesn't sound like one second to me, since if i recall correctly rangers use weapons that have long delays.  IMO leave rangers alone.  -V
Vys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2008, 04:49 AM   #10
Sightless

Loremaster

The first fight was more like 7 seconds, counting time between auto attacks and combat arts. The second fight was longer, closer to 9 seconds.

I also see early on Doomi's cold slice hits you for zero damage so Scambag was grouped, and chances are he had someone in the group enhancing his abilities.

Old 04-11-2008, 05:01 AM   #11
Sightless

Loremaster

You know, I've had Brigands and Assassins destroy my Warlock, even with dispersion gear in seconds. I've had two Brigands chew threw my entire power bar with Manashield up, AFTER getting me into the red before I used Manashield in less than 6 seconds. I've seen Beserkers drop three people in a full group in the matter of 8 seconds.

What I don't see is endless complaints on the boards about it by Qeynosians. We adapt, we learn, and many of us enjoy the challenge.

Old 04-11-2008, 05:43 AM   #12
Roald

Loremaster

Sightless wrote:

What I don't see is endless complaints on the boards about it by Qeynosians. We adapt, we learn, and many of us enjoy the challenge.

1) There used to be threads about Brigand, Assassin and SK ALL the time. They have now stopped, and moved on to more to Swashies and Rangers. It seems to me like it flows to the most over powered classes.

2) I do believe all scout auto attack should be looked at

3) Is it just me, or could this be the biggest self-ownage OP in a long time? Unless he's merged two screenshots, doesn't that show him zerging?

Milambers

Qtoon

Roald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2008, 06:10 AM   #13
hosuke

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:
Looks to me like he auto attacked you twice in each fight.  Doesn't sound like one second to me, since if i recall correctly rangers use weapons that have long delays.  IMO leave rangers alone.  -V
OK first the fight was 1 sec long, ranger have tons of ranged haste gear, Second the fight with Doomi is unrelated to scambag they were not grouped, they were not even near each other, i killed her first then scambag came along, that is why i had no ward up that first fight.
Old 04-11-2008, 06:24 AM   #14
KniteShayd

Loremaster

1. you were being attacked by 2 other players initially, but I don't see them damaging you.

2. you were being ranged.  You should have run up close to cast.

3. I can't see your target to see what buffs they have up that they could hit you with soo many attacks so quickly.

4. you have port. why didn't you run?

KniteShayd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2008, 06:36 AM   #15
hosuke

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

1. you were being attacked by 2 other players initially, but I don't see them damaging you.

2. you were being ranged.  You should have run up close to cast.

3. I can't see your target to see what buffs they have up that they could hit you with soo many attacks so quickly.

4. you have port. why didn't you run?

1. I was being attacked by one player, the fight with Doomi has nothing to do with this fight with scambag, please don't make me say this again.

2. at T8 procs hit every attack almost, and have you tried to run anywhere with fettering proced on you, in short you can't.

3. he is a ranger, they macro all their attacks and flurry them out so fast it seems like 1 attack.

4. i died to fast, and i was already in combat.

Old 04-11-2008, 07:48 AM   #16
Paleskinn
Server: Runnyeye
Guild: Conclave of Shadows

Lord

hosuke wrote:

3. he is a ranger, they macro all their attacks and flurry them out so fast it seems like 1 attack.

So, if I'm getting this right... He pwned you just because he's a ranger? Mkay... /drools off to rol a ranger
Paleskinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2008, 08:41 AM   #17
hosuke

Loremaster

you are all missing the point....

This is no longer pvp, that implys a fight where one play stands off vs the other, but it is not like that because at t8 players are able to insta kill other plays in less then 3 sec giving the target no chance to fight back, Scouts have track they have the dps and they have the means to never get kill easily, they always get the first attack and now it seem most can kill their target with in 1/2 sec.

This is not how pvp should be.

what is the point of a caster when they sacrifice so much to gain damage, when the likes of scouts/rangers can do more damage in 100% less time.

All you T8 scouts know how easy it is to kill a caster, with your poisions procing all the time, the items that proc stifle your stunes pumice stone and the rest of the tricks you use.. you can kill within 1 sec, i know this is true i have a scout too, buti dont try to hide the fact like the lot of you do.

YOUR FUN IS NOT THE ONLY THING THAT MATTERS< think about how your target feels when you kill him in 1 sec. how would you feel if it were you?

nope none of you give a [Removed for Content], all you care about is your powertrip.

Caster have low healthg, long casts High resist rates..... they fight to get good itemization so they can get a good mix of stats and disrution for little to no gain in hit rate, and what do they get for their effort?

a 1/2 sec death and stifle procing off ranged weapns and melee so they cant even cast a defence spell.

Old 04-11-2008, 08:59 AM   #18
Shadow_Viper

Loremaster

Screenshot doesn't show anything, please post a time-stamped log of the fights, so that we can confirm that the fight lasted a single second.

Seems to be like another "I got killed by class X, nerf them!" thread. SMILEY

Shadow_Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2008, 09:01 AM   #19
Shadow_Viper

Loremaster

Rangers are not the only PVP class, there are 23 other classes to choose from. SMILEY
Old 04-11-2008, 09:04 AM   #20
Shadow_Viper

Loremaster

Dracot72 wrote:
Sightless wrote:

Yet your sig is always private. Even looking up the demron char, we only see your scout visible. Hiding something?
I don't see how anything in his sig matters, his opinion is just as valid as anyone else's.
Old 04-11-2008, 09:08 AM   #21
caliburns

Loremaster

Stop this [Removed for Content] viper, just because you are a [Removed for Content] scout does not mean there is not an issue with the god [Removed for Content] DPS of scouts pvp.

jesus.

FACE IT, there is an issue.

thjere is an issue with proc rates, auto attack dps AND RANGED DPS. how the hell is an auto attack from ranged of 2200 that procs stifle even nealy balanced stop all this bs defence of these game ruining classes that need nerfs to put them inline with the rest of us

caliburns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2008, 09:10 AM   #22
Roald

Loremaster

Shadow_Viper wrote:
I don't see how anything in his sig matters, his opinion is just as valid as anyone else's.
An anonomous person's opinion is worth about 1/50th to that of a normal person's.

Milambers

Qtoon

Old 04-11-2008, 09:30 AM   #23
Shadow_Viper

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:
Shadow_Viper wrote:
An anonomous person's opinion is worth about 1/50th to that of a normal person's.
Incorrect. SMILEY
Old 04-11-2008, 09:38 AM   #24
Shadow_Viper

Loremaster

Using the same logic, I could easily say that just because you play a wizard, your opinions are no longer valid. The classes I choose to play do not make my opinion any less valid.

Scouts aren't that hard to defeat, they really aren't. Just like any other class, they have disadvantages and weaknesses. Like I've advised time and time again, try doing some research and looking for information on tactics you can use against a scout, rather than wasting your time calling for nerfs and claiming there is an issue just because you happen to get defeated by scouts.

Two very simple things you can do is.

1) Use see-stealth totems.

2) Pay attention to your surroundings.

For starters.

Old 04-11-2008, 09:51 AM   #25
Gimet
Server: Vox

Loremaster

Shadow_Viper wrote:

Using the same logic, I could easily say that just because you play a wizard, your opinions are no longer valid. The classes I choose to play do not make my opinion any less valid.

Scouts aren't that hard to defeat, they really aren't. Just like any other class, they have disadvantages and weaknesses. Like I've advised time and time again, try doing some research and looking for information on tactics you can use against a scout, rather than wasting your time calling for nerfs and claiming there is an issue just because you happen to get defeated by scouts.

Two very simple things you can do is.

1) Use see-stealth totems.

Really wish these would last the duration of the other totems. 15 Mins is [Removed for Content] especially when we're all paranoid of Scouts. I eat Totems as it is, buying other ones eats gold, buying a 15 minute one (which we all know is time that goes by VERY fast) can get annoying.

2) Pay attention to your surroundings.

For starters.

Gimet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2008, 09:52 AM   #26
hosuke

Loremaster

Shadow_Viper wrote:

Screenshot doesn't show anything, please post a time-stamped log of the fights, so that we can confirm that the fight lasted a single second.

Seems to be like another "I got killed by class X, nerf them!" thread. SMILEY

notice the first fight, magma chamber is a 1.5 sec cast for me... i was dead before it casted.
Old 04-11-2008, 09:56 AM   #27
hosuke

Loremaster

Stop this viper, no offence, ranger have longer range, and can stay at that range to stop me even getting a cast off.

2: scouts can lock down casters for the hole fight

3: thier DPS can kill a caster within 1/2 sec

4:most of us have alt, mine are all level 80.

5: scouts havev hardly and disadvantages. so stop that crap now.

Old 04-11-2008, 10:11 AM   #28
Bozidar

Loremaster

This is likely part of the exploit on Focus Aim, and the fact that some rangers know how to get it to work during pvp.
Bozidar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2008, 10:20 AM   #29
Roald

Loremaster

Shadow_Viper wrote:
[email protected] wrote:
Shadow_Viper wrote:
Incorrect. SMILEY
Well I'd take heed of that, but unfortunately you post anonomously!

Milambers

Qtoon

Old 04-11-2008, 12:52 PM   #30
DGTell

Loremaster

I remember an update over a year ago that should make fights last longer... This should be adressed again because THIS just sucks. It arent only rangers, assassins do nearly the same thing. Swashbucklers also. ALL of this needs balancing. better fast before most people are just [Removed for Content] off. (i played both sides and most classes, t8 pvp is a mess.)
DGTell is offline   Reply With Quote