EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > PVP Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 02-01-2008, 08:14 AM   #1
caliburns

Loremaster

Ok, my god have you seen it? i've been looking at these level 80 player and almost all of them have 80% spell mitigation, i mean [I cannot control my vocabulary] 80% j

Jsus SOE how foolish are you, why the hell dont you freaking cap spell mitigation at 50% or some thing, to have  people running around with 80% spell mit on almost all spell types is just wrong.  Unless you wanna give us casters 80% melee mitigation, then its fine..

The thing that bothers me the most is the fact they gain these resists at the cost of NOTHING, they lose nothing get these resists and all the stats they need... its insane!

Only pure tanks/brawlers and spec scouts can get really good melee mitigation, yet everyone can get insane over the top spell resists, people call casters glass cannons, this isnt the case anymore, we are more like http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Super_Soaker, with a label on our forhead saying "Warning you may get target wet"

caliburns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 11:05 AM   #2
hosuke

Loremaster

Here is another thought.

Would a melee class whine if others had 80%+ melee mitigation, NO they would not, you know why?

Because it dosnt not effect how they play, it just mitigates some damage, BUT! spell Mitigation DOES effect how a caster plays, it NOT only mitigates damage, it also permits full out right resits, and when it is as high as 80%+ casters can hardly get spells to land thus effecting how they play, which is unfair to the extreame.

hosuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 11:17 AM   #3
Quinath

Loremaster

Where are you getting 80+% from. iirc the diminishing returns caps at 80%, anything higher is impossible against an even con.
Old 02-01-2008, 12:25 PM   #4
-Arctura-

Loremaster

(( I can only think of 1 T8 person who has CLOSE 50-70% in most resists, and she is a tank, and that is her resist gear, because she is a tank.
-Arctura- is offline   Reply With Quote